[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else here beat SM without using Z moves? I didn't even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: i don't really know.jpg (65KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
i don't really know.jpg
65KB, 600x600px
Who else here beat SM without using Z moves? I didn't even remember they were a thing until the post game when I read about them in some thread here. Pretty unremarkable, they're probably going to be removed next gen anyway.
>>
>>31291486
>they're probably going to be removed next gen anyway

Just like Megas were removed in SM

Oh wait, that didn't happen, because Game Freak never removes gameplay mechanics
>>
I didn't, though I knew about them. I thought it was funny that there was even dialogue that changed depending on if you used them or not.
>>
>>31291528
they weren't removed, but you can't say they aren't being phased out right now. they barely mentioned megas during the game at all
>>
>>31291528
they won't be removed, but megas were so much better, i'd rather some more dope designs then lel epic one shot move.
next gen they'll not add more but just keep them in.
hopefully with the high request of new megas, they'll continue those.
>>
>>31291545
>they barely mentioned megas during the game at all

Because Z-Moves were the hot new thing they were pushing

You're retarded if you think new Megas won't return as a selling point for the inevitable DP remakes, like how ORAS had 18 new Megas that weren't in XY
>>
>>31291603
>like how ORAS had 18 new Megas that weren't in XY
If you follow that logic, then DP remakes will have new exclusive Z-Moves, not Megas
>>
>stupid dance
>long ass flashy animation

I only used them on Totem Battles. Worse than megas in every way.
>>
>>31291668
And they might as well have! Empolium/Infernapium/Torterrium Z are a given. Maybe Dialgium/Palkium/Giratitium Z, too. I'd much prefer new forms like megas/primals or sinnoh forms, though..
>>
>>31291486
Custom z-moves for specific Pokemon are a great idea. The rest are shit.
>>
>>31291486
I honestly dislike Z-moves purely because of how underwhelming they were despite all the shilling they got.
>>
>>31291486
You somehow missed the 7 back to back fights where your opponents used z-moves?
I don't see the point of adding anything to the game if you're just grind to such a high level that the npcs don't even get a chance to attack.
You probably wouldn't even know megas existed if the animation didn't happen at the start of the turn.
>>
I actually like how there are a decent(ish) number of trainers who use Z moves in-game unlike megas in gen 6.
>>
I like the concept of Z-moves, that every single move in the game gets an interesting, powerful alternative. Though in order to be viable, they have to be good enough to justify sacrificing an item slot. Also, I wished they would've added more variety to attacking z moves, like they did with status z moves (maybe turn some moves into priority moves, or add additional effects like status/stat raises.. make Z-Trick room last 8 turn or something etc etc).
And for heavens sake, tone down these excessive animations! They are too long to endure (and awkward.. I'm looking at you, z poses).
Other than that, "alternate forms" for moves is a cool idea. In theory.
>>
But..

Masuda doesnt brush his teeth?
>>
>>31292435
>interesting, powerful alternative
What's so interesting about "lol single target nuke XD"?

Gems were better, but they didn't have pretty lights and animations so I guess they're worthless for modern GF.
>>
I used them fairly often and out of laziness all my Pokemon in Tree just have Z-Crystals as hold items

Megas were way better though
>>
>>31291486
Yeah I never used a single one. Didn't feel like they were really needed.
>>
>>31293240
No, not in its current form. Like I said, they are a cool idea in theory. The way it is handled now is that attack moves are just powered up. That's dumb. Each move should have an individual z form that makes it interesting and powerful in a unique way (instead of just triggering a generic "single target nuke", similar to a final fantasy summon).
Example: Z-Fury Cutter now instantly bumps up the "usage timer" to max for the rest of the battle,
or Z-Explosion will even hit ghosts and ignore sturdy. Etc etc
It's not so fun or strategically viable right now. But I see potential for the future!
>>
>>31293240
I prefer being able to choose when to use a Z-Move to how Gems worked with potential for recycling or Acrobatics type stuff

It's still an extremely underwhelming mechanic for how much they wanna push it
>>
>>31292191
>route "captains"

this needs to be done more often
>>
>>31293240

Gems were nerfed to a 30% boost in Gen 6 (the same gen that removed all of them except the Normal Gem), so they're actually less powerful than Z-Moves
>>
>>31293438
>if you KO a pokemon with Z-Explosion, the next pokemon switched in takes 1/4 of the damage the first pokemon suffered
>>
>>31293550
I know. I imagine that was done in preparation for z-moves.
>>
>>31293570
Exactly the kind of cool/interesting twists I meant!
>>
>>31291528
>Oh wait, that didn't happen, because Game Freak never removes gameplay mechanics

Well, they don't remove battle mechanics, at least.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.