[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

4 years ago today, X and Y were announced. Do you remember y

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 887008_2_.png (209KB, 640x307px) Image search: [Google]
887008_2_.png
209KB, 640x307px
4 years ago today, X and Y were announced. Do you remember your reaction to the trailer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNr6wQfNfK4
>>
>>31282913
i was hyped as fuck anon friend

And when I saw Yveltal and Xerneas in the CG animation, I came

Happy 4th to the best Gen 6 games! Yip yip, hooray!
>>
>>31282913
More hyped than I was for SM, and much less disappointed by the final game.
>>
>>31282937
I was much more hyped for XY, I was really disappointed with the game though. That's the main reason I tried not to get caught up in the SM hype.

Comparing XY to SM, they both have major flaws and I'm not really sure which I can say I like more. They're both pretty weak imho.
>>
Very excited they were taking the 3D jump, and pretty much every trailer after excited me with the new features they kept announcing

Liked it a lot more than SM which I wasn't very excited for pre-release since it didn't have any exciting new features announced at all
>>
File: tfw.jpg (45KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
45KB, 500x333px
>>31282913
>4 years ago
it feels like yesterday
>>
>>31282963
I'm going to try my best not to get overhyped for Stars after being disappointed by SM.
>>
>>31283016
I hope it will fix everything, like how Emerald or Platinum (mostly) fixed RS and DP.

In reality though? I doubt it will fix anything, we'll get a shitty third version thrown together for a cash grab.
I can still hope though.
>>
File: 1476577174999.jpg (107KB, 800x586px) Image search: [Google]
1476577174999.jpg
107KB, 800x586px
>>31282913
>These are going to be the best Pokémon games ever!
What a disappointment.
>>
>>31283063
>ever thinking this for the start of a generation

Only asking for pain and tears.
>>
>>31283072
I had such high expectations after BW2 and the thought of Pokémon finally jumping to 3D was enough to sucker me in.
>>
Very excited. Trailer was literally making me jump up and down.
>>
>>31283084
BW2 being so great only solidified my beliefs as it turned my least favorite Pokemon games into my favorites. I was excited for the 3D jump myself, but that didn't mean I was expecting the games to actually be good.
>>
>>31282913
Incredibly hyped, and then incredibly let down when I actually played and XY turned out to be some of the worst games in the series.
>>
Is it me or was BW more publically hyped? I don't remember XY having it's own song
>>
Man I remember it being the closest to the franchise dying in late BW2. It's great to see pokemon recover in such a fashion
>>
>>31283218
Not just you, I remember BW being known even to friends that didn't play Pokemon. Whereas none of them knew about XY until a couple months before it was in stores.
>>
>>31283169
BW had more advertising but everyone was way more hyped for XY in my circles and liked it way more when they played it than they did BW

Sadly not many of them played BW2 because of its direct connection to BW1
>>
Worst games just because they're stupidly bland. XY had lots of great new pokemon, online features were improved massively and the 3D battles weren't that bad still shit compared to BW though

The problem is that the main story is so horrible that I will never touch it ever again, while the online multiplayer is now outdated.
>>
>>31282913
I thought the overworld looked absolutely abysmal, then I got used to it, but now I think it looks abysmal again.
>>
>>31282913
When the trailer is better than the actual game.
XY sure was a dissapointing game.
>>
>>31282913
That was the day I knew I had to pick Fennekin. It was already predetermined in my mind.
>>
there was definitely more hype over XY than there was for SM. being the first 3D mainline game was a big deal.

Also the way they announced it was a lot better instead of just cockteasing with concept art until 3 months later.
>>
I remember I was at work when the trailer dropped, so I sneaked a peek during my lunch break. I remember seeing the names and the starters and thinking "Oh, is this it?" and feeling a bit let down.
>>
>>31282913
I was highly skeptical of the move to 3D. That shot of Route 3 is absolutely awful.

I still think the series has gained practically nothing from having a 3D overworld. The battles are good though.
>>
I was off anything pokemon at that time so idk
>>
Yeah, I was quite hyped. Then I bought Y, dropped it before the second gym and picked it up again after 2 years, after I had beaten OR.
I actually found it tons of fun, especially after OR, which was really bland.
>>
I was so hyped, even today I get some hype for the trailer.

XY was a good game in my opinion, yeah it was bland but it also was the first game of it's generation, so I didn't expected more. I have both games, and enjoyed them all the way.

In the other hand with SM... well...it was fun, and I liked the story...Only Sinnoh can save the franchise at this point
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.