[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Pokémon do you believe were cut from Gen 1 initially?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4365.png (49KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4365.png
49KB, 250x250px
Which Pokémon do you believe were cut from Gen 1 initially?

Pic related. There's a missingno slot internally right after Horsea and Seadra.
>>
Don't we know all the pokemon cut?
>Scizor
>Shuckle
>Heracross
>Ho-Oh
>Sneasel
>Teddiursa
>Ursaring
>Slugma
>Magcargo
>Swinub
>Piloswine
>Corsola
>Remoraid
>Octillary
>Delibird
>Mantine
>Skamory
Houndoom
>Houndour
>Kingdra
>phanphy
>Donphan
>Porygon2
>Stanler
>Smeargle
>Tyrouge
>Hitmontop
>Smoochum
>Blissey
>Elekid
>Magby
>Raikou
>Entei
>Suicune
>Lugia
>Tyranitar line
>>
>>31280078
Crobat a jumbled up cry sounds a good amount like it

Poliwrath concept art teased a crown on its head so propbably also Politoad
>>
File: IMG_0900.png (228KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0900.png
228KB, 394x370px
>>31280228
What am I looking at here anon?
>>
>>31280305
>it doesn't know
>in 2017
>>
>>31280228
Bullshit
>>
>>31280228
>>31280305
>>31280697

Yeah, he's right. These Pokémon's data existed in RBY, so we can assume they were conceptualised but were scrapped or couldn't be done/couldn't fit inside the original games.
Some glitch Pokémon turn into normal Pokémon when traded to Gen II.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_index_number_(Generation_I)
>>
>>31280697
A bunch of 2nd gen Pokemon were found to have been cut. Not sure of the accuracy of that list, though. I thought this was common knowledge by now.
>>
>>31280078
the mega evolutions
>>
>>31280716
We don't know that for sure. People just speculate that since there is a bunch of missingno/glitch pokemon scattered on the index numbers, those may have been Pokemon which were cut. However, there is no real reason to assume that the Generation 2 Pokemon used to fill up those index numbers in G/S are necessarily the same Pokemon that were cut.
>>
>>31280228
I can't believe people still spread this bullshit. Those aren't the Pokemon that were cut. Those are just the Pokemon whose index number aligns with that of Missingno if you try trading between RBY to GSC with a Missingono in your party. Why do you think all those Pokemon are all lined up as numbers 212-250 in the dex, did you think it was just a coincidence? Not only that, but other non-Missingno glitch Pokemon will appear as the Pokemon in number 252-211 if you connect to GSC.

When Gamefreak was putting the new Pokemon in GSC, they took the index numbers of old Pokemon from RBY, filled out all the empty slots after the last indexed Pokemon from Gen I, then went back and filled in all the empty slots between old Pokemon (Missingno slots).
>>
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_index_number_(Generation_III)

Gen 3 also apparently had 25 Pokemon that were cut from the final game, two of them being Shellos and Gastrodon, as they were stated in an interview to have originally been planned for Gen 3.
>>
>>31280839
This post. We'll never know for sure as none one at Gamefreak is interested in telling.

Heracross is definitely a cut gen 1
>>
>>31280078
Ho-oh had to be one of them because he appeared in the 1st episode of the anime.
>>
>>31281842
>look mom, i'm retarded!
>>
>>31280714
>Butterfree and Metapod were created t the same time

Theoryfag BTFO
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.