[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Bank update >Pokemon transferred to SM can't be transferred

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

File: 1468936000407.jpg (81KB, 1200x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1468936000407.jpg
81KB, 1200x1050px
>Bank update
>Pokemon transferred to SM can't be transferred back

What's this bullshit? I thought the reason we paid for it was so we could stop with the painful transfer methods?
>>
No you pay for the 5MB cloud storage
>>
There is no painful transfer process, but they don't want air slash butterfrees corrupting their poor 6th gen
>>
>>31274922
Butterfree got Air Slash this gen? Nice~
I don't see why not being able to trade back to a previous gen is a bad thing. Why the hell would you want to go back to inferior software?
>>
>>31274922
Then why can't they do the same they did with gen 1 <-> gen 2? If people online can make legitimacy checkers they can do the same.
>>
>>31274856
Just clone your mons in X and Y since the method is still valid.
>>
>>31274856
> I thought the reason we paid for it was so we could stop with the painful transfer methods?
Yes, we stopped with the transfer methods to newer gens. The control required to return a pokemon from gen 7 to 6 because an autists wanted to it's not really worth it. Specially if they seem to have it hard enough they need to delay pokebank's release.

>>31274978
>I don't see why not being able to trade back to a previous gen is a bad thing.
It's a bad thing because otherwise, they'd have nothing to complain about.
>>
>>31274978
>>31276008
>I don't see why not being able to trade back to a previous gen is a bad thing.
Leaving any competitive pokemon with megas that aren't in gen 7 in limbo
>>
>not having homebrew
>>
>>31276059
Reminder that transferring with PhBank causes all your Pokemon to be illegal.
>>
>>31276038
That's more of an issue of Sun and Moon than a bank issue but point taken.
>>
>>31276089
why would you do it that way?

copy the mons from ORAS to SM in pkhex when bank is out
>>
>>31274922

>Butterfree got Air Slash

NOOOOOOO! VIVILLION LOST ITS' ONLY EDGE AS A QUIVER DANCE BUG did Vivillion get it too?
>>
>>31274856
Because backwards compatibility is a bitch and a half to figure out with something like Pokemon, what with moveset differences, alolan forms/form differences, and all other kinds of things, creating a check for each of these possible issues going backwards is a ton of work. Remember the Time Capsule in Gen 2? How you had to make sure you took no Gen 2 pokemon in, and you could only take Pokemon from Gen 1 in that only knew moves that they could know in the first game? The amount of checks to program in to make sure you're not taking something "illegal" back was already astronomical for Gen 2, imagine how complicated it would be for this generation?
>>
>>31275662
Bottle caps.
>>
>>31276239
>The amount of checks to program in to make sure you're not taking something "illegal" back was already astronomical for Gen 2, imagine how complicated it would be for this generation?
Probably not costly enough in man-hours to offset the millions they've made from poke bank sales.
>>
>>31274978
because 6th gen pokemon games run better on old 3ds/2ds hardware.
>>
>>31274856
When is the update?
>>
>>31276239
Don't their legality checks already check for possible moves and abilities though? If it does, it only requires adding that alolan forms and Gen 7 mons are out to that.
>>
>>31276305
"""January"""
>>
>>31274978
>Why the hell would you want to go back to inferior software?
What about the whole thing of abandoning old gimmicks so each game is different?
>>
>Want to go national dex in SM
>dont want to leave AS and Y without pokemon

probably imgoing to back up the AS and Y saves before transfer
>>
>>31276281
That's not how you assess costs in a managerial position, anon. It's not about whether you can afford them, but about whether the result is worth the cost.

Most people don't care about migrating backwards and just send their Pokémon forward each gen, anyway.
>>
>>31276516
I'm not in a managerial position, I'm in the position of complaining about not getting what I want from what I'm paying for and the other anon is trying to say it's wrong to hold that position because it's non-trivial to implement.
>>
>>31276305
End of the month.
>>
>>31274856
I'm gonna cut my subscription and just choose a game to settle in permanently with mons I've had since r/s.

At this point there is a case for false advertisement since they keep saying how pokemon bank would be used for every game from then on.
>>
>>31276150
Vivillion has Hurricane. It's much better than Butterfree.
>>
>>31276239
Treat it like an update.

It's seriously not that hard like you're making it out to be, all you're doing is supporting gamefreak's shit practice. They have the complete ability to do it, they just choose not to because they can make money that way.
>>
>>31274922
Who the hell actually uses Pokemon that can be caught within the first three routes in competitive battling?
>>
>>31276835
Yeah I feel like ORAS is a good place to stop with a lot of my mons, but I have hacks so I keep transferring them up while keeping them on the old games.
>>
>>31276835
>since they keep saying how pokemon bank would be used for every game from then on.

And technically that is correct. It debuted for XY, has continued support with ORAS, and eventually SM and the RBY-VC games. Also has the added transporter for Pokemon from Gen 5 to join up. If you want to bring your Gen 3 and 4 mons up, you need to transfer them up accordingly to a Gen 5 game.

They stated from day one that once a Pokemon is transferred to the newest generation, it cannot go back to the older generations.
>>
So can i put all my mons in pokebank, restart sun, then take them out so i can replay the story?
>>
Why the fuck would you want to transfer it back anyway?
>>
>>31277129
yup. I'm waiting on that too.

sadly they're taking way too fucking long to drop the update.
>>
>>31277129
Once the bank updates, yes.
>>
>>31277175
Seriously agreed. I don't know what the hold up is. I wonder if people have been slamming Ohmori or Masuda on Twitter for updates.
>>
File: pokes.jpg (230KB, 1588x1125px) Image search: [Google]
pokes.jpg
230KB, 1588x1125px
>>31277204
I want my goddamn team moved over already
>pic related

Been considering going back to sapphire til the update hits
>>
>>31276913
who in the fuck cares about competitive battling?
>>
>>31277255
I literally got paid 2k to play on a team
>>
>>31277171
I dont like the leave my old games without all the catched pokemon
>>
>>31277255
You're not wrong.

No one really gives a shit about competitive battling. Logically, it would follow that people give even less of a shit about Butterfree.
>>
>>31277225
>three shinies
>worst possible colors for a shiny
>one of them is unevolved
>two poison-types
>two water-types
>two flying-types
>Shedinja
You're one hell of a masochist.
>>
>>31277225
Nice team!

I'm missing my 10 nuzlocke teams terribly. I want to fix their IVs and use'em in the Battle Tree already.
Plus want to move my living dex down so I can get to work on my unfinished breeding projects from last gen.
>>
File: smug.png (147KB, 372x371px) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
147KB, 372x371px
>>31277417
zubat was my first shiny, all the way from ruby, so even though its trash, I'm attached to it.

Murkrow over its evo cause I had a pet crow once. It's shiny cause I bred one egg to get better stats and it happened to be shiny.

>implying I care even a little bit about team type compositions

Shedinja cause I solo teams with it.

Never gets old shitting on plebs that have no idea why their team of overused edgemons can't touch it.
>>
>>31277584
>Nice team!

Thanks mate. At least there's some people here that aren't complete faggots.

>I'm missing my 10 nuzlocke teams terribly.

have you nuzlocked sun or moon yet? I've been waiting for the bank to do mine.
>>
>>31277643
No problem! Some people around here are under the assumption everyone is a competitive player; but forget we all have personal favorite Pokemon that mean something outside of competitive.

I've nuzlocked Sun, waiting for the bank to drop so I can egglocke Moon. i've never egglocked before so it'll be exciting
>>
File: IMG_3612.5.jpg (782KB, 1600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3612.5.jpg
782KB, 1600x2400px
I to do a second Moon run with an "all beautiful people" shiny team. My original Starter will be mercilessly wonder traded once I have access to a PC. Also, no types must repeat. Thanks to no longer needing a HM slave, I'm way more free.

Team will be all shiny and be:

--Female Raltz (Gardevoir my waifu):Transfered from ORAS and obtained via trade. She was injected but I don't care.

--Female Boundsweet (dem legs!): Got her in a SOS chain.

--Female Snorunt: (Ice Lady is... cool... and elegant): My first ever shiny from an egg that I bred. I was lucky as hell to get her. Moody to boot!

--Male Machop (Sexy wrestler): Came via SOS chaining. HA, Incredible potential everywhere, but not in attack. Because heh...

--Male Litten (Starter and sexy wrestler #2) Got it via trade but I may have come from injection. I'm not sure.

--Male Oshawott (a water 'mon and a false swiper) Bored out of my mind from breeding, I begged myself a shiny perfect one from an injector. I regret nothing.
>>
File: Specs.png (29KB, 963x623px) Image search: [Google]
Specs.png
29KB, 963x623px
>>31277916
>Male Machop
>not in attack

Specs Machamp. Do it. You know you want to.

>hyperbeam
>focus miss
>fireblast

GG
>>
File: IMG_3609.5.jpg (146KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3609.5.jpg
146KB, 800x1200px
>>31277985

This may work...
Low attack in the main game is irrelevant. So this may just work. Also in the end, a 'cap will do the job.

I'll just have to find a nice anon who will not fuck me over when the time come for it to become Machamp.
>>
>>31277129
The only thing you'll loose if you do that is Snorlium Z crystal and stamps
>>
File: 1474363145869.jpg (35KB, 385x375px) Image search: [Google]
1474363145869.jpg
35KB, 385x375px
>>31277585
>Never gets old shitting on plebs that have no idea why their team of overused edgemons can't touch it.

>sandstorm/hail
>spikes
>stealth rocks
>rough skin
>>
File: 1474968047891.jpg (91KB, 892x891px) Image search: [Google]
1474968047891.jpg
91KB, 892x891px
>>31278081
>I'll just have to find a nice anon who will not fuck me over when the time come for it to become Machamp

Don't worry goy I got ur back :^)
>>
>>31276256
Bottle caps are superficial. And even so just have capped pokemon not be able to be transfered
>>
File: joj.jpg (33KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
joj.jpg
33KB, 540x304px
>>31278376
I called them plebs for a reason, dumbass.
>>
File: 1482805934300.png (143KB, 565x600px) Image search: [Google]
1482805934300.png
143KB, 565x600px
>>31274922
What other pokemon got updated movepools?
>>
So when the fuck is this update supposed to come out? Has there been any news at all other than 'January sometime?'
>>
>>31278856

After the Alola friendly.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.