[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questions that don't deserve their own thread im playing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10

File: Pokémon.600.1810415.jpg (92KB, 600x424px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon.600.1810415.jpg
92KB, 600x424px
Questions that don't deserve their own thread

im playing pokemon Omega ruby and im trying to get at least 50 wins in any type of battle

Anyone knows what is the safest team to get this and also what battle format is the easiest for this, honestly i just want to get the ribbon im not looking to get 100 or 200 wins just 50
>>
Use Uber Pokemon that aren't legendaries or mythicals. Or high rated OU Pokemon

For example:
Speed Boost Blaziken
Aegislash
Mega Lucario or Salamence
Greninja
Landorus

etc
>>
File: 250px-133Eevee.png (52KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-133Eevee.png
52KB, 250x250px
I caught an Eevee and I'm unsure which evolution I should go for; Vaporeon, Jolteon, or Glaceon.
Current party:
>Dartrix (going to be grass/ghost)
>Snorlax (Normal)
>Growlithe (Fire)
>Machop (Fighting)
>Slowpoke (Water/Psychic)
>Kadabra (Psychic)
Dartrix, Snorlax, and Growlithe I all plan to keep for good.
Kadabra has great stats but hasn't learned an offensive attack yet, so he's kinda dead weight until he learns something. I plan to keep him in the long run, however.
Slowpoke fills the water/psychic typing for now, and he has useful moves, but his stats are just kinda average (besides HP), and I can swap him out for a new Pokemon. I figured if I went Vaporeon then they would replace Slowpoke, and Kadabra would be my main psychic type.
Machop is useful to have as a fighting type, but he's not guaranteed to stay if I find some 'mon I like more.
So comparing all the typings I have and what advantages/disadvantages I have, I crossed out most evolutions and my options came down to Vaporeon (to replace Slowpoke as the main water type, and Kadabra becomes the main psychic), Jolteon (to give me an electric type to use against flying and water types (actually thinking about it now, Dartrix is a grass type and fills the water req)), or Glaceon (which gives me some advantages to dragon, flying, and ground, but I've heard that ice type is kinda shit and I'm uncertain). Glaceon seems the most optimal from a typing advantage standpoint, but I'm not sure how useful ice type actually is; Vaporeon gives me some good typing options and would replace my Slowpoke; Jolteon fills the electric niche that I lack, but doesn't seem the most useful.
Recommendations?
>>
>>31274380
You can't evolve it to Glaceon until steps from the e4.
Go with Vaporeon. Snorlax getting High Horsepower and later earthquake handles all electric types that aren't Vikavolt, which Arcanine handles. Blizzard on Vaporeon is about as good as an actual ice type.
>>
>>31274454
Sounds like some good reasoning, thanks for the help. My loving Snorlax will be missed.
Also, how is ice as a type overall? It seems like it'd be a pretty good type for its type advantages, but I've heard anons scoff it off in the past.
>>
>>31274380
Yes. Stop using Kanto mons, you cuck.
>>
1) How do I maximise affection through this new 'Care' feature? I remember in Amie you had to do things in a certain order. Do I feed first then just rub it until max affection or is there more to it?

2) What's the best way to EV train in Sun/Moon?
>>
How do I trade with myself in VC versions of RBY? I still have my old 3DS but I want to be able to link red and yellow to my NNID but I can't hvae it linked to two handhelds at the same time, and I already spent most of my money form last check on food for the next few weeks
>>
File: 791Solgaleo.png (991KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
791Solgaleo.png
991KB, 1280x1280px
What nature for this guy?

>>31275920
I don't think that's possible. I'd love to get Blue to do the Missingno. glitch and give my Yellow team every TM move, but I can't for the life of me come up with a way to trade between them like that.
>>
If you lose to whoever is challenging you in the league title defense do you battle them again the next time you get to the champion room?
>>
>>31272543
How do you even get Speed Boost Blaziken?
>>
>>31276829
Yes. You have to sit down again, but its the same person.

Fucking Gladion
>>
>>31274665
One resistance (itself and that's it). Four weaknesses (fire, fighting, rock, steel). Thus, every ice type is frail as hell by default, and any ice dual type is weaker than the second type by itself
And almost every water pokemon (and quite a few OTHER pokemon) can learn ice moves just as well as an actual ice type, so it's not like you need to have an ice type to get that nice coverage.
In general, the ice types that are good are good despite their typing, not because of it.
Also, don't set your party in stone already. You're barely into the game, and there are a shitton of pokemon - why exclude the other three islands worth of pokemon? Keep yourself open, switch them in and out possibly. You never know when you'll find something you just end up really liking for whatever reason
>>
>>31276800
Adamant nature for Solgaleo.
>>
>>31277463
Man, ice type sounds like it needs a buff. Either give it some resistances to a few other types, maybe like electric or bug, or give those single ice types better defense growths. Well, it's good information to know, thanks. I'll stick with Vaporeon.
>Also, don't set your party in stone already.
Yeah, I'm kinda bad about "oh, I like that one! let's keep it!" with Pokemon games. I guess the reason why I'm set on half my team already is because of previous experience with the Pokemon (besides the starter) and knowing that they're good and trustworthy to use, but I try to keep an open mind. I do switch back and forth between a few others, but there's more so I don't over-level. I'm casual with these games though, so I just try to stick with what 'mons I like most and keep a good range of type advantages.
>>
>>31278059
Regular play is casual as hell - unless you're doing something like no offensive attacks or other silly things, pretty much everything works. Sticking with only the things you know works just means you won't find OTHER things that work.
Hell, you don't even need a good range of types. I had three different poison types on my team and only had a bit of trouble - and that was more due to being underleveled on top of it.
>>
File: 1483483423121.jpg (68KB, 361x359px) Image search: [Google]
1483483423121.jpg
68KB, 361x359px
>>31276800
Fuck, this is why I hate buying shit digitally, I know psychic was insanely broken in gen 1, but is it so broken that I can get by with a kadabra as my psychic type by the time I get to E4 since I have no way of trading it with myself and have ownership of the version I purchase on my older 3ds on my main one?
>>
File: 1413237449699.jpg (46KB, 640x475px) Image search: [Google]
1413237449699.jpg
46KB, 640x475px
>>31278262
I know, senpai. I know.

Not completely sure about Kadabra myself, but I've gotten most of the way through the game with him thus far. Have to train up a bit before I try taking on Koga, though. "Glass cannon" is the worst thing I can say about him, which is still pretty good for the singleplayer.
>>
>>31272512
how stupid is not to learn moves that increase stats, accuracy and such?
I always feel inclined to learning moves that cause damage since I can see the results of the moves at the moment
>>
>>31272512
when you do the inverse type quiz in festival plaza what is the max possible individual score?

i see people on my team getting 18,19+ but i run out of questions after about 16

how do you get asked more questions after completing a lap of the plaza?
>>
>>31275832
Pokemon Refresh affection is simple.
Feed the Pokemon Pattern or, preferably, Rainbow Pokebeans as frequently as possible.

ev training is at its easiest. Get your power item on it, and s.o.s. chain 14 pokemon of the stat with e.x.p. share on, BOOM that stat's done.
>>
>>31279535
Talk to the dancer girl who gives you tickets, she'll reset the askers. Max I've gotten for either matchup quiz is IIRC 21
>>
>>31272512
How does one check the IVs for pokemon in Sun / Moon?
>>
File: Hello-moron-2.png (19KB, 600x429px) Image search: [Google]
Hello-moron-2.png
19KB, 600x429px
>>31279597
fuck why didn't i ever think of that

thanks anon
>>
>>31279634
Hatch 20 eggs.
Talk to the Ace Trainer in the battle tree lobby area.
He unlocks a button in the PC marked 'Judge', which lets you (roughly) see the IVs of everything you've got. This works from ANY PC once you get it.
>>
File: 60315485_p3.png (762KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
60315485_p3.png
762KB, 1200x1000px
First playthrough questions:

1. Holy shit, Diglett is fucking fragile when it can't type-resist an attack. The early Steel Claw was a godsend but would switching to a Mudbray be better?

2. I've got a Pichu-now-Pikachu with a good Nature - how is A-Raichu as an Electric and Psychic representative, compared to, say Kadabra or Magnemite (which also have Natures that play up their strengths)? Will I eventually trade out my cute psy-surf-chu for a Metagross, which I always thought looked totally sick?

3. Wishiwashi vs. Gyarados vs. Toxapex? The first two are both powerhouse attackers, but work differently (single typing on Wishi most notably), how have your experiences been comparing the two? Is it worthwhile to forgo a strong Water offense in favor of Toxapex's unparalleled tank ability?

4. I heard there was some combination of learned and TM moves that make FireCat an absolute terror, but I can't remember what they were. I want to say it had Fire and Dark moves that it learned naturally, and two TM moves, one of which was Leech Life - but I don't remember the last one. Maybe Acrobatics?
>>
>>31280185
1. Yes. Mudsdale is absurdly good for the gen.

2. I really like A.Raichu, enough that I'm using it in Battle tree. If you like it, stick with him.

3. Never had any success with Wishiwashi, but Toxapex is just amazing.

4. I have no clue on this one. Sorry anon
>>
I forgot my wifi pasword and my internet company is a bureaucratic dick that doesn't answer my emails.

tldr. pokemon SM without internet, am I missing pretty much?
>>
>>31280185

>gyarados

absolutely no fun to play with, just get a toxapex
>>
File: Drummer for Pantera.gif (637KB, 677x415px) Image search: [Google]
Drummer for Pantera.gif
637KB, 677x415px
In post-game, after you get Cosmog if you put it in the opposite version, say, from Sun to Moon, and then level it up, will it evolve into that version's legendary or will it still evolve into the legendary of the version it came from?
>>
>>31281222
Whatever version the Cosmog currently resides in is what it'll evolve into
>>
>>31281240
Damn. I was hoping trading it with a friend then leveling it up would yield the opposite legendary. Scrap that idea then. Thank you for the quick reply.
>>
Where can I buy Pokéballs other than regular ones, super and ultra balls? I want to stock up on luxury, net, dive, dusk and moon balls but i can't find someone who sells them and I'm starting to get frustrated
>>
>>31281099
no
>>
>>31281593
Different centers sell different ones, no center sells all kinds. All I remember is Luxury are sold on route 2. Premier balls are back to being a pokeball only 10 at a time thing so have fun if you want those
>>
>>31276856
There was an event when ORAS came out.
I'm pretty sure a lot of Torchic on the GTS have Speed Boost.
>>
>>31281894
Go to the discount pokemart, buy 10 balls halfprice, sell them for the exact same amount. Acquire premier balls.
>>
Where is the homebrew and injection general?
>>
>>31282111
Dead, as it should be.
>>
>>31282111
In /vg/.
>>
I received 2 boxes full of shitmons on wonder trade but my inner me prevents myself from releasing them because the unique ID might win me the lottery first prize.

Am I stupid?
>>
>>31281593
Serebii and bulbapedia list it by city
>>
>>31279495
In gameplay, not very stupid. You aren't wasting a lot of time setting up something over and over again for a little bit of xp

In the battle facilities, it can make all the difference
>>
Does powersaves work with sun and moon? I want to edit the ivs of my mons and fight the cheating bastard ai at the battle tree.
>>
>>31274927
Most of the good mons in the game that you can pick up easily are Johto and Kanto mons, though.
>>
>>31279495
Like another anon said, if you're just playing through the story, you can get away with a couple of castermons with 3-4 coverage moves.

In the battle tree, you have to put on your big boy pants and use real builds. If your entire team doesn't have a way to buff up or shut down opponent buffs, you're gonna have a hard time.
>>
For the Pokemon that have those abilites that change the type of Normal moves (like Golem with Galvanize), does the ability also change the type of a Normal Z-Move? Would Breakneck Blitz also become an electric attack?
>>
>>31283315
No. Changing the typing of the move (like Hidden Power) is considered a secondary effect, and Z-Moves ignore secondary effects on damage moves.
>>
File: team.png (91KB, 920x193px) Image search: [Google]
team.png
91KB, 920x193px
Just beat the E4 with this shit team

Pls recomend me some Poke to replace one of those. This team struggles against Flying types the most.
>>
>>31283657
Crabominable out for Mudsdale
>>
How the fuck do I get a Celesteela? It's the only thing missing in my dex besides Necrozma.
I've been trying for weeks but getting one on the gts is just fucking impossible. People won't even trade one for its sun couterpart what the fuck?
What would people be willing to trade for one? I could give up anything except Solgaleo, Lunala, Silvally and the Tapus. Maybe some Zygardes?
>>
>>31284901
A Scizor got me mine. Have Pikachus stopped being solid gold on the GTS?
>>
>>31284901
Try Goomy.
I got a box of Pheromosa just through trading Goomy.
>>
>>31284966
Alright, I'll try. Not sure if it'll work though since people seem to value Celesteela a lot more than Pheromosa.
>>
>>31284694
Damn, I kicked Mudsdale out of the team after it evolved because it wasn't cute anymore. I'll try to bring it back.
>>
Do the effects of amulet coin, happy hour and pay day stack?
>>
>>31285433
Does it have stamina as its ability? It will be a tank and it can know rock slide
>>
How do i get an Hydreigon with Earth Power in S/M?
>>
What is Necrozma's encouter rate? I've spent a solid hour running through the grass at ten carat hill and haven't found it yet and I'm getting tired of this
>>
>>31286276
Unavailable right now, sorry.

>>31286429
It's really low. Use a repel.
>>
>>31285661
Yes, I caught it after I activated its ability 5 times in a row with some multi-strike move
>>
Anyone have a macro for GTS trading or breeding? I want to learn how to pass down moves, balls, and abilities for breeding and I want to exploit GTS to the best of my ability before bank hits
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.