[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about mythical pokemon distribution and overall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Faraway_Island_interior.png (45KB, 464x416px) Image search: [Google]
Faraway_Island_interior.png
45KB, 464x416px
How do you feel about mythical pokemon distribution and overall legendary pokemon design?

after skipping gen 6 and playing SM, i'm very disappointed to learn that they outright stopped making the in-game areas to obtain event pokemon like they used to do on gen 3 and 4 (technically victini's liberty pass counts as well but they didn't do it for the rest of the mythical from gen 5).

pic related, even if i had to cheat for the ticket, this thing was the amazing in my mind as a child.
>>
>>31271697
Mythical Pokémon are the fucking stupidest concept. I enjoy catching Pokémon in my game, not waiting for a 2-week long distribution to get that one Pokémon that I'll never use but I need anyway to finally complete my Dex.

Plus as a kid in Europe getting any kind of distribution for the GBA was just straight up impossible.
>>
Waste of coding and testing time
>>
I miss them too. I don't think they'll be adding that feature back in future games. In ORAS the methods for obtaining the other legends felt lazy even if they were an effective way to include that many pokemon.
>>
>>31271697
dumb as fuck you have to soft reset the gifts for hours rather than just use a synchronizer and catch it yourself
>>
>>31271697
Back in the day these events were frustrating because you had to go to a special event outside where you lived that happened once, or buy a spinoff game you probably didn't even care about (remember Pokemon Channel?). Now they are frustrating because there's not even a new area or a mini sidequest to get the legendary, a guy with a stupid shirt just gives it to you.

The Arceus event was so fucking cool... if you could even access it. Now everyone has a Volcanion... but unless you see the movie you don't even fucking know what its lore is
>>
>>31271955
I honestly forgot about the extra Gen 6 legends because of the way they were handled and distributed. I mean sure they got movies but that doesn't really cement as legends/pokes if you know what I mean
>>
also, the fucking random not-really-roaming legendaries/ub SM did felt so fucking lazy.

we just get one dialog about necrozma and i don't really remember if they tell you outright where to find it also the fucker is virtually impossible to catch without using repels to filter all the low leveled crap.

there's a whole bunch of things about SM that felt scrapped or unfinished but this is one that aggravates the most. the lake of the sunne/moone, getting the second cosmog (that doesn't even evolve into the opposite legend) a bunch of empty places with no reason to ever revisit

if they ever release another game of it with a revisitable ultra space where you get anything/catch anything, i'm gonna be thoroughly upset.
>>
Victini was the last legendary with an event, wasn't it? Or did every gen V legendary have one? WiFi started to work shortly before the Deoxys distribution so that's why I'm asking.
>>
>>31271866
Synch works on gift pokemon you stupid fuck.
>>
File: Hall_of_Origin_DP.png (90KB, 351x723px) Image search: [Google]
Hall_of_Origin_DP.png
90KB, 351x723px
>>31271955
what a waste, indeed.

>>31272656
the rest of the gen V legends have npc/place interactions to get their special snowflake forms and attacks but yeah, victini was the last pokemon to get an event ticket/island to catch it.
>>
>>31272610
>No overworld models for legendaries besides Solgaleo and Lunala

God fucking dammit Gamefreak, even XY had models for Mewtwo and Zygarde
>>
>>31271697
I fucking loved them, even though I didn't get there legitimately. I didn't mind if the real-life events were sparse because either you go to the event and treasure that shit forever, or just use gameshark/action replay to access.

Nowadays, I have a shitton of legends sitting in the hands of the delivery person and there's not even that much excitement over them. But I still fucking love the Jirachi from the Colosseum bonus disk, and that's not even that scarce.
>>
>>31272759
The birds too, I think. But I never realized SM only has box legendary and Cosmog as overworld legendaries. With that big amount of legendaries, it's pretty pathetic.
>>
>>31272678
>Starting in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, if a Pokémon with Synchronize is leading the party, gift Pokémon (except Pokémon obtained via Mystery Gift) in the Undiscovered Egg Group will always have the same Nature.
>(except Pokémon obtained via Mystery Gift)
>>
>>31272818
Tapu koko appears at the beginning and cosmoem appears as well

iirc nihilego shows up in the overworld at aether
>>
>not understanding that the difficulty in getting them during the distributions was the whole point
>>
>>31272859
I think that one anon I was replying to >>31272759 meant the overworld before you battle them to catch. You're right about Nihilego, though.
>>
>>31271955
desu this
>>
>>31272818
>>31272759
at least give me an useless underground cave to click necrozma or something, he doesn't even have full legendary stats and nothing links it to the cover duo and it isn't an UB either.
>>
The only issues I had with the lack of them in the last two generations was I couldn't nickname my eventmons. Thankfully they fixed that finally.

This generation my problem is the various legendaries don't have proper dungeons, but that's more my issue with SM being extremely lacking in that department period.
>>
>>31272987
It is a damn shame I cannot name my Diancie Madoka
>>
I wish they had their own dungeons like Mewtwo and the legendary birds, that's better than distributions
>>
>>31272691
Hall of Origin is literally the reason we don't get them anymore.
You can add that to the list of things gen 4 fucked over.
>>
>>31275412
>literally the reason
explain, because there was stuff like this in black and white
>>
>>31275497
I forgot which person involved in development mentioned it, but they cited Hall of Origin as being too complicated for players at the time. Which is funny because all you had to do was walk up to the fucking Spear Pillar to play it.

I guess there's no indication in game as to where to use it. Darkrai and Shaymin if I recall had some kind of foreshadowing to them. Which just makes you think, why not fucking put some more lore in the game for the events in the first place? I think it's a bullshit excuse to just do more lazy distributions and to have an easier way to filter illegitimate (which in this case are indistinguishable as they are caught) mons from being obtained early.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.