[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Island Scan as a feature? Did you feel any incentive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: islandscan[1].jpg (18KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
islandscan[1].jpg
18KB, 400x240px
Thoughts on Island Scan as a feature? Did you feel any incentive to use it daily during your playthrough?

Like, I'm not even sure what to think of it. 3DS QR Codes in general? Feels kind of.. primitive, reminds me of those AR Cards from very early 3DS days.

Feels underwhelming compared to those DexNav-only mons from ORAS, if I had to compare it to something relatively similar.
>>
>>31259727
>Used it to get Feraligatr
>Used it to get Aegislash
>Used it to get Slaking

I forgot it existed
>>
Being completely honest...I've never actually done it. Why go through the trouble when I can use the gts?
>>
I intended to catch all of the Island Scan Pokemon for the global mission but after a couple of days I got sick of the stupid QR code bullshit and the fact that I would have to wait several days for the Pokemon I actually want so I stopped.
>>
>they don't have their hidden abilities
What a fucking waste
>>
>>31259727
The problem with Island Scan is that there's no incentive right now to use it when I can just wait for Bank instead to transfer everything available through the Scan. Here's how to fix Island Scan as a feature you actually want to use

1) Have GF periodically update the game to cycle out the Pokémon that can be found through Island Scan every month or two.
2) Incentivize it. Have Island Scan Pokemon come with some perfect IVs, Egg Moves, Hidden Abilities, increased Shiny rate, or moves it can't naturally learn.
>>
I didn't even know it was a thing until I saw this thread and I have over 115 hours in the game.
>>
>>31259727
Used it to get a Luxio and neither touched it again.

Its not bad, it just kinda feel weird and unintuitive.
>>
>>31259727
I'm having an issue where this is not working for me. it tells me I have no scans remaining, but I have not scanned anything today? I'm not sure why this is happening, I have even put my game into my friends 3DS and am leaving the qr code scanner on so as to see if this will reset it.
>>
I don't even care about it to be honest, however I still look and scan for qr codes just to see what Pokemon come out of them.
>>
Garbage, useless feature.
Which means its here to stay for the next 5 gens.
>>
>>31259882
THEY COME WITH EGG MOVES
>>
>>31259882
It's for catching those Pokemon in apricorn and beast balls to later breed them onto something with the HA.
>>
>>31260086
>I have even put my game into my friends 3DS

Well no shit, that freezes daily events for 48 hours.
>>
28 fucking lines. That's it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.