[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were people just overreacting or were these games legitimately

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 7

Were people just overreacting or were these games legitimately dissappointing?
>>
>>31253994
They were/are honestly terrible... Sorry anon...
>>
>>31253994
It's the same shitposter rambling every day.
>>
>>31253994
If you see it here on /vp/ overreacting and shitposting, if you see it somewhere else legitimately dissapointing.
>>
>>31254028
>defending these horrid games
Genwunners. What can ya do, eh?
>>
>>31253994
It's /vp/. Which one do you think it is? SM are the most loved Pokemon games in a while.
>>
>>31254029
Wrong. I'm here, and I was legitimately disappointed, so explain?
>>
>>31254028
No, anon. I found these games to be legitimately disappointing. My expectations were in another place.
>>
>>31254069
Why were you disappointed?
>>
>>31253994
Play it your-fucking-self and find out.
Alternatively, they're shit games in comparison to other main games of the series
>>
>>31254028
Alolapologists need to kys themselves desu

>>31253994
They were ""good"" but disappointing.
>>
>>31254069
People on /vp/ are something close to elitist and hardcore pokemon fans, so everyhing that isn't above and beyond is dissapointing.
>>
File: 1480193456074.gif (1MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1480193456074.gif
1MB, 400x400px
>>31254044
>Genwunners
>>
It has flaws but it's not awful. There's definitely room for improvement but as far as children's games go, it's alright.

The people that shit on SuMo are the kind of people that shit on females and can't find a wife because of their pursuit of perfection which doesn't actually exist.
>>
>>31254058
False!! Gen 6/7 are easily the most hate 3ds games in existence right now, not to mention the most hated Pokemon games.
>>31254094
I had expectations, with it being the 20th anniversary. Every game past gen 5 has been Shit, but these were worse than literal Shit in my shoe.
>>
For me, yeah. Expected everything great from the previous games on this one. FFS, its the anniversary game.
>>
>>31254028
or maybe you're the same faggot in denial, people can have opinions here dipshit.
>>
File: 1475220159893.jpg (9KB, 200x152px) Image search: [Google]
1475220159893.jpg
9KB, 200x152px
>>31254103
I've played it myself, I just wanted to see what was the general consensus here, you pretentious little bitch.
>>
>>31254133
>SuMo
I guess that explains your shitty untrue statement.
>>
the games are great probably the best two in the series and i loved the new pokemon they added especially the pokemon lunaala thpugh i wish they had kept gyms and not replaced them with island trials
>>
>>31254181
>Someone uses the most obvious abbreviation
> OMG LEDDIT UR NOT RLY PART OF MY SEKRET CLUB 4CHAN HAHA FAG
>>
They were pretty good games.
I went in with low expectations and ended up really enjoying the games.
>>
>>31254187
hello newcomer.
>>
>>31254193
>most obvious
>when SM exists
It's like you want to embarrass yourself.
>>
>>31254176
Next time don't ask in /vp/ if you want to stay in a good mood, it's only gonna end in a lot of poison and bitter as fuck comments
>>
>>31253994
They're better than XY, but not amazing end-all be-all games.
>>
Theyre the best games in the series
>>
>>31254250
You're missing the point. You feel the need to point out an abbreviation based on the fact that it means I'm part of your secret club?

News flash. 4chan is a popular site. Reddit is too. Most people use both. SuMo is an entirely acceptable abbreviation - just like OmRu, AlSa, ReBl, GoSi, etc
>>
>>31254107
I'm no elitist. Maybe you are.
>>31254121
You wanna go?
>>31254133
It IS a flaw.
Also
>SuMo
Die.
>>31254181
This.
>>31254187
You know, it makes me cringe.
>best two games in the series
WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT, WHY, WHY, WHY?! These are shit, if you said anything before gen 6, sure, but these are SHIT!!!!
>>31254271
Yeah, nooooooo... I REALLY hate to say it, but GF made worse games than XY this time.
>>
>>31254176
Okay good. It sucks.
>>
>>31254250
You're already embarrassing yourself by being a contrarian. The rest of the Internet, including the rest of 4chan, call it SuMo. Only a few assmad manchildren insist on calling it """""""""""""""""""""SM""""""""""""""""""""".
>>
>>31254298
>It IS a flaw.
That doesn't make much sense and it's a shit argument. It sounds like you're baiting rather than engaging in genuine discussion.
>>
>31254298
>it's a pokebarneyfag episode
>>
>>31253994
I liked it, whereas XY are a chore at times. Does that mean that SM are actually good or that XY are just just much shitter?
>>
They showed 90% of the game in the trailers ..And its Pokemon is nothing new
>>
>>31253994
overreacting
it's a pokemon game, if you had high expectations its your own problem. the same shitters complain about all the games tbqhfam. If you don't like the games and their obvious progression since gen 1 then don't play/buy them.
>>
>>31254298
you're calling a SM defender a "Genwunner".
newsflash: SM isn't Gen 1
>>
>>31254292
No, it's not. Regardless of where you are, there are legit abbreviations decided for each game, always has been. S&M, X&Y, ORAS, HGSS, these things happen in the first few weeks of revelation. Once decided, that's it. SuMo was decided against.
>>
>>31254292
>acceptable
Yes
>popular
No. It's no surprise you would think they're alright games when you actually fell for the SuMo meme.
>>
>>31254301
>He also fell for the SuMo meme and is proud of it
>>
>>31254292
>just like OmRu, AlSa, ReBl, GoSi
Literally no fucking one use these besides nips.
>>
>>31254368
>you actually fell for the SuMo meme
Yes, I fell for it. Not the 50 poeple that responded.
>>
They were a lot better than I thought they'd be, but they have huge, glaring flaws. And once you beat the game and complete the Dex, the Alola region feels so dead and lifeless.

Good games that stop just short of being great, or even amazing.
>>
>>31254312
SM is a FLAW. Did you understand me that time?! Good, it makes perfect sense. They are a terrible blemish on an already not so perfect face. They suck, alot like you anon.
>>
>>31254388
Inb4 a "OmRu is better than SuMo on every level" thread
>>
File: 4b8.jpg (83KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
4b8.jpg
83KB, 1024x768px
>>31254400
>>
>>31254314
Really? - _- You and literally one other person knows wtf that is. Kys faggot.
>>
>>31254352
News flash: SM is Genwun Pandering: The Game!!
>>
>>31254450
New flash: If i like SM i am a Genwunner because it has gen 1 pokemon
>>
>>31254417
Call me bait one more time, I dare you!!
>>
It's decent, but very underwhelming for an anniversary game.
>>
>>31254393
Get used to it fucking faggot
>>
>>31254450
By that logic every Pokémon game is Genwun.
>>
>>31254471
Oh, cool, you understand now!! Glad we got that straightened out.
>>
>>31254500
Wrong. Gen 1 doesn't count, for obvious reasons, but gen 2-5 don't pander nearly that much.
>>
>>31254301
Only the cancerous assniggers of leddit call SM that way. You fucking son of a bitch call RBY ReBlYe? Or DPPt DiPePl?

If you don't then SuMo is fucking retarded, you fucking piece of shit
>>
>>31254450
I actively avoided using previous gen Pokemon while playing Sun and I liked the game overall. Am I a Genwunner?
>>
>>31253994
I legitimately enjoyed them. While the games certainly had flaws (the first half of Melemele and the questionable at best framerate in the totem battles in particular), I found them fun. Trials are great and different and I really like a lot of the quality of life improvements they had like the Pokepelago and Pokeride. The level curve was a bit wonky towards the end, but that actually made things somewhat challenging. I went in wanting to have a fun adventure with my bros and that's exactly what I got out of it. The surprisingly large number of optional side areas was great too.

Overall, not the best games, but still fun.
>>
>>31254138
>Gen 6/7 are easily the most hate 3ds games in existence right now, not to mention the most hated Pokemon games.
Federation Force and Gen 4 says hello. The former being the most hated 3DS game and the latter being the most hated pokemon gen.
>>
>>31253994
If you take into consideration that these are the 20th anniversary games, the first titles to come out after a year without a game since 2008 and how lucrative Pokémon is, then yes, they're immensely underwhelming.

There is NO justification that we don't have a Battle Frontier, at least ten different Looker Quest-esque missions, two regions, following Pokémon and difficulty settings in the most recent games. Unless you consider the laziness and incompetence of Game Freak to be justification.
>>
>>31254547
No, you have a classic case of shit taste.
>>31254597
Gen 4 was fine, it just had that slow meme, which still isn't true.
>>31254620
This.
>>
Enjoyed it a lot when I played through the story. Can't see myself playing it again though because endless cutscenes and pretty uninteresting endgame areas. Also fuck SOS battles

Started ORAS for the first time yesterday and this far I feel the gameplay and graphics are actually better in Gen6. Gen7 mons are so so with few good ones and many mediocre, as well as the Alola forms being kinda underwhelming
>>
>>31254535
>Gen 2 lets you go to Kanto again
>Gen 3 has the Gen 1 remakes
>Gen 4 has Oak, several new pre-evos and evolutions to Genwun mons, and has Gen 2 remakes, that let you go to Kanto again.
>Gen 5 tries to go with a fresh start to evoke the feeling of the originals, the PWT lets you battle all Kanto Gym leaders and champions.

By the logic of the retards on this board, every game/generation has genwunner pandering.

For better or for worse that's where many of the most recognizable and popular creatures, characters, and elements of the franchise first appeared on, and thus they're part of what constitutes Pokémon to 99% of the people.

In any given franchise, elements and references from/to the first installment will always be prevalent.
>>
>>31254385
>he fell for the SuMo is good meme
Kek, stay mad, cuck.
>>31254545
Kek, learn some proper English first, cuck.
>>
>>31253994
It's just the way /vp/ is. SM are awesome games. Not perfect, but better than the rest of the series in many departments.
It's just that people here like to shit on everything, so they'll nitpick to make stuff seem worse than it actually is. Most of the people shitting on SM actually love them, it's just their way of showing love.
>>
>>31253994
It's alright.
Sadly, it went a step further beyond all other games and once you finish the campaign and catch the ultra beasts there is legitimately nothing repeatable to do but the battle tree.
There is ONE rebattlable trainer in the entire game, and that's the Morimoto fight.
>>
>>31254138
Do you have a source for Pokemon Sun/Moon being the most hated 3ds game tho ?
Because last time i checked they're were the best selling Pokemon games since Gen 1 and so far the only really bad reviews i see about this game are on /vp/.
>>
>>31254709
Source: My ass
>>
Loved the game once it was out, but haven't touched my 3DS once after I finished the main story. Kind of hadn't even interest in finishing Majora's Mask which I paused when Sun/Moon came out.
Now I feel like if I play again I should re-start, but knowing there will be tons of cut scenes I don't feel like doing it. Probably I'm just waiting for the Switch game, if it turns out to be a 2017 game, and if not I'll pay Moon again in summer or so.
>>
>>31253994
Average titles. Better than gen 6, but still average.
>>
File: 1483544203410.gif (226KB, 300x153px) Image search: [Google]
1483544203410.gif
226KB, 300x153px
>>31254483
here, have an animated one
>>
Only thing that I could complain about would be the frame rate at times. It had possibly the most flushed out world of any of the core games, incredible comedic writing, the memes. I came into to the game expecting nothing, just another cute and easy pokemon game. Honestly SuMo is my favorite of the games.
>>
>>31254691
>buzzwords and no arguments
You could've at least put something of value into your post. Anything.
>>
>>31253994
They're objectively better than anything from gen 4 or 5.

Take that as you will.
>>
>>31254723
Of course, it all make sense...
Why am i even trying this is /vp/ after all.
>>
>>31254784

Black and White are the only games that can be considered on the same level of awfulness as SM.
>>
The first island sucks. After that it's great. Not my favorite but it's up there. Definitely worth playing.
>>
>>31254691
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/search/text/Kek%20stay%20mad%20cuck/

Repetitive behavior is the term to describe specific types of unusual voluntary behaviors commonly found in autism. Repetitive behavior is also sometimes referred to as self-stimulating behavior or stimming. Each case of autism is unique and not everyone experiences repetitive behavior.
People affected with autism can engage in different levels of repetitive behavior. Some people may only exhibit repetitive behavior when upset or excited. Yet others may have rigid repetitive rituals that limit their ability to participate in other activities that are not a part of their routine.
>>
These games are pretty lacking imo.

Felt even more shallow and soulless than XY and ORAS.
>>
File: 1452822016882.jpg (27KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1452822016882.jpg
27KB, 500x375px
>>31254656
>it just had that slow meme, which still isn't true.

Nigga have you even played gen 4?
>>
You cant please everyone

Personally, SM is passable for me and i know they up the ante with the next 3rd vwrsion/ remake whatever i hope
>>
>>31254106
alolapologist underage
>>
>>31255950

Just like XY was passable then they upped the ante with the next 3rd version/remake?
>>
File: 1470773304355.jpg (18KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1470773304355.jpg
18KB, 320x320px
>That unskippable, 15 MINUTE-LONG ending cutscene
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.