[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain to a guy who is shit at competitive how +20 HP can skyrocket

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: Molly_Hale_Mantine.png (2MB, 1750x941px) Image search: [Google]
Molly_Hale_Mantine.png
2MB, 1750x941px
Explain to a guy who is shit at competitive how +20 HP can skyrocket a pokemon from NU to OU
>>
It got Roost too.
>>
>>31248561
it also got some reliable recovery. that makes a huge difference.
>>
>>31248572
Roost is all it needed to hit skarmory's level, why it didn't get it three gens sooner will forever be a mystery, but at least it's finally where it deserves to be.
>>
>>31248561
Getting roost skyrockets a pokemon from NU to OU
>>
>>31248561
It can't, at least not alone. Roost made it OU
>>
I heard it got roost
>>
It's still shit, though.

No hazards, no sturdy and quad weakness lel.
>>
>>31248682
Roosting allows it to balk any electric move.
>>
Weezing will get recovery some day too, right?
>>
>>31248733
But it already has Pain Split anon. :^)
>>
>>31248753
Pain Split is not reliable compared to Roost,Recover,Slack Off etc. Weezing would be top tier if it had a move like that.
>>
>>31248561
the real question is why didn't Skarmory get +20 BST to keep up?
>>
>>31248820
Same reason Skarmory didn't get a baby in DP.
>>
>>31248572
>>31248614
>>31248622
>>31248653
I missed that, I'm dumb. Are there other mon that got to learn old moves they previously couldn't? I didn't even know that was a thing
>>
>>31248820

Skarmory didn't need the buff, Mantine did.
>>
>>31248878

Flygon finally got Dragon Dance.

That's the closest that will happen to Garchomp getting it, that's never happening though as it would break the game.
>>
>>31248820
Skarmany is a cunt, Mantine is cool
>>
>>31248733
He's doomed to be a shitty Rotom until he gets an alternate poison/dark forme.
>>
>>31248682
All it really needs is spikes to hit that next level.
>>
>>31248901
Im crossing my fingers that Gamefreak has realized they created a monster.
>>
>>31248901
Oh yeah, knew about that, I forgot. Is there a list somewhere? I'm sure there are other examples with other pokemon learning irrelevant moves, but just to check out who got what
>>
>>31248561
Hard work and dedication :^)

Everybody else gave up on Mantine, but Mantine didn't give up on himself
>>
>>31248964
How is she supposed to bite if her jaw is in the way?
>>
>>31248972
Dodrio got swords dance and jump kick along with a boost to its base speed. Ariados and Heatmor both got new signature moves this gen.
>>
>>31248972
Probably somewhere on Smogon forums. All i know is Bibarel got Swords Dance and Aqua Jet. It's fucking hilarious. Probably will still be shit. But it's neat nonetheless.
>>
>>31248561
Manta ray is one of my favorite animals, but Mantine looks like shit. Too bad we'll never get cool-looking manta thanks to this stupid smileface.
>>
>>31249096
The Ariados one is absolute trash though.
>>
>>31249137
>Simple Swords Dance

Shit. This is gonna be funny !
>>
>>31250218
Gonna pair it with Araquanid and give it Water Bubble in double battles. Only gonna use that when dicking around with friends, but the results should be hilarious indeed.
>>
>>31248972
I know seviper got swords dance. Not much, but hey, it's something.
>>
File: Buffed Mons SuMo.jpg (268KB, 1280x684px)
Buffed Mons SuMo.jpg
268KB, 1280x684px
>>31248972
>8
>>
>>31249216
Manta rays look dopey as hell in general what are you even saying.
>>
>>31250391
>my bro electrode gets a boost
>to his god damn speed stat, the one actually good stat he has
>>
Explain to me like I'm 5 why Mantine is in the meta right now? I'm not complaining, I like Mantine, but why?

Sure it has decent HP now and great special bulk, but what does it do besides wall special attacks and roost?

Its still 4x weak to electric and has a weakness to stealth rock. What sets do people run?

What makes it potentially better than a slackoff/scald Slowbro or something.
>>
>>31250490
It's to keep up with the power creep, really.
It used to be THE FASTEST but it wasn't anymore, now it's only beaten by Deoxys S, Ninjask, and Pheromosa instead of being beaten by a shitload of megas and Deoxys A/normal (and accelgor)
>>
>>31248972
Bellossom got Quiver Dance.
>>
>>31250585
yeh but sadly he has suffered a lot from other mons taking his spot regardless of speed stat

days where he was useful as a fast taunt with explosion are long gone, partially because his explosions couldn't kill a caterpie since the nerf
>>
>>31250538
defog and awesome special bulk without knock off weakness, which is what slowking (its main direct competition) has. it's also immune to most hazards
>>
>>31250490
They probably buffed it's speed to make better use of Electro Ball. To bad Tapu Koko does that better with it's access to Agility and Electric Surge.
>>
>>31250391
>Farfetch'd buff
IS THIS REAL LIFE?
>>
>>31248983
Amen
>>
>>31248878
Bibarel got Swords Dance
combine that with its Simple Ability + Quick Attack and Aqua Jet for fun
>>
>>31250391

Considering all the Hoenn mon buffs, I wonder how many the devs wanted to buff in ORAS but couldn't to retain XY compatilbility.
>>
>>31250705
Didn't stop them adding new Megas and new forms for Pikachu and Hoopa and not updating to retain compatibility with XY.

I know they're different scenarios but it still bugs me.
>>
>>31250391

>Specs Swellow is now even more legit.

awesome. Now if Guts only worked for special moves as well.
>>
>>31250391
>Arbok used to have 5 higher attack than Dugtrio
>now it has 5 less
WHAT THE FUCK? Why does GF hates Arbok?
>>
>>31248878
Bellosome got quiver dance, might actually be a good bulky sun sweeper now since it got moon blast last gen. Would have to run hp fire though
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.