[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /vp/ I'm really thinking of buying Pokemon sun today.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 4523542345.jpg (184KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
4523542345.jpg
184KB, 1600x800px
Okay /vp/ I'm really thinking of buying Pokemon sun today. I want to know if It's worth the money. It's weird to have a pokemon game where there's no gyms or elite 4. So give me your honest opinion of the game and if It's worth it.
>Waifus
That's not a valid point
>>
Worth it. Also there is a E4 if that makes it easier for you.
>>
>>31245731
>no elite 4.
just wait my guy
>>
>>31245731
There is an E4
Gyms were boring
The trials aren't fantastic but they're at least slightly challenging
>>
>>31245744
>>31245748
Okay now I'm bit interested. I don't know literally anything about the game except some of the pokemon I lurked here few months ago.
>>
Things that make it great
>Island challenges and kahuna battles are a great breath of fresh air from gyms
>actually fucking challenging even with the EXP Share
>good amount of Pokemon to choose from early on

Things that hindered it
>Story in the first part is so long and boring, your first fight is literally 20 minutes in
>some fights may seem onesided
>so many water types (then again, there are so many in all the games)
>starters are kinda trash
>TMs are sporadically placed
>battle tree is meh
>getting HAs are horrendously boring and tedious

Things I liked that not a lot of people cared for (spoilers are actual spoilters)
>The elite 4 rematches let you defend your title against a random NPC in the game
>the night themes are great, but then so are the day themes of locations
>some npcs will give you nice competitive items, like Red Card
>>
>>31245800
Thanks for the lengthy post. You said there's challenge even with EXP share, does that mean that there's even strong basic trainers?
>>
>>31245828
Not him but yes. There are Elite Trainers on each route that only fight you once you've beaten all the other trainers. Those guys can fuck your day up.

Also some of the Totems are very challenging. This is partly due to the 'Call for aid' mechanic.
>>
>>31245800
>>so many water types (then again, there are so many in all the games)
And yet I didn't get a water in my team. Most are old gen and wanted a team purely of new pokemon
>>
>>31245881
That's a problem I have too. Mareanie is so hard to find and most of the new water Pokemon either suck or share types with the other cool Pokemon.
>>
>>31245910
>share types with the other cool Pokemon.
why do people make a problem out of this
>>
>>31245731
Despite the shit it gets, I'll say just this. I enjoyed SM's story a lot more than any other game's. I liked the characters, especially Lillie, who has her own back story and a full character arc, and I enjoyed the difficulty.
>>
File: 1470903003060.png (357KB, 566x550px) Image search: [Google]
1470903003060.png
357KB, 566x550px
Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm on my way now to buy it. Glad to have a constructive thread for a change.
>>
>>31245988
I think there's a good distinction that the story is a lot more character based. Every other Pokemon game, the characterizations are dressing to a "go around and save the world/region" thing. Sinnoh, Kaolos, Hoenn, their stories have the characters as mostly chess pieces. Alola's story, without spoiling much, has a lot to do with the characters and their relationships.

Looking back, there's actually quite a few similarities to Unova's story, actually, but not distractingly so, and I don't think disliking Unova means you'll dislike Alola.
>>
File: 1452601325854.jpg (35KB, 475x600px) Image search: [Google]
1452601325854.jpg
35KB, 475x600px
>>31245770
Just fucking buy the game and stop asking other people what you should or shouldn't think you retarded gay dipshit niggerface
>>
>>31246022
That, and how it is presented. Just the fact that there is more dialogue made it more immersive for me. While it will be extremely annoying not being able to skip the cutscenes the second time around, seeing them for the first time was fun. Seeing the characters interact with each other, events unfolding. I just found it fun. That's really it.
>>
>>31246022

Yeah, pretty much. There's definitely a sense of similarity with Unova's and Alola's story being somewhat more character focused. Unova still has that "save the region" thing, but it's mainly about N and even the rivals to some extent rather than anything else.
>>
I bought it yesterday. So far things I don't like:
>Too long tutorial/story in the beginning.. almost 2 hours of talking, sequence, "this is a pokecenter", talking, etc.
>Half naked and rude professor
>I don't like the Hawaii setting in general
>Pokedex that is alive and talks to me
>Pokemon from older generations in different colors, wow so innovative
>>
>>31245910
It also shares a type with Saladite. And when you haven't starred with a fire, you haven't got much choice. Grass however you've got a lot, guess comes with being tropical islands
>>
>>31246171
The handholding from the Rotomdex can be a bit annoying
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.