[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I used to laugh at faggots who complained about breaking their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_3453.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3453.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I used to laugh at faggots who complained about breaking their circle pads because of smash bros

but breeding in SM is so fucking retarded that I did this to myself in just a month
>>
ha ha what a retard
>>
disgust
>>
>>31245265
Honestly a small part of why I'm injecting now. People heavily underestimating the advantages of breeding with the dpad on an infinite hatching route versus dicking around on the circle pad.
>>
>>31245265
How? Why are you putting so much strength into it? It's not fast paced, you won't get hit if you don't move fast enough or something, so why are you using such retarded amounts of force on your game?
>Breeding is so retarded that I have to break my console to get around like some brain-dead ape.
>>
>>31245285
You're turning the circle pad around hundreds if not thousands of times. It's not that hard to break.
>>
File: [laughs].png (61KB, 269x395px) Image search: [Google]
[laughs].png
61KB, 269x395px
>>31245265
jesus christ anon
>>
>>31245265
Jesus christ, clean your fucking console.

Also That happened to me like 2 weeks ago or so. I hotglued the circlepad in back place and it's still working.
>>
>>31245285
I'm hardly the first to complain about this.

Maybe I am using too much force. I never feel like I am, though. Half the time I'm watching TV or doing something else and not even fully engaged. Like I said, I did this to myself.
>>
File: le masuda face.jpg (35KB, 333x337px) Image search: [Google]
le masuda face.jpg
35KB, 333x337px
>>31245293
just use the "breeding route" next to Paniola Ranch anon

you'll learn to enjoy the transitions just like you learned to like the sand pits
>>
>>31245265
I had to stop for the same reason. I don't want to break the stick. If they add dpad back into the game I'll do more gen vii breeding though.
>>
>>31245296
I saw a few people talking about using hot glue as a quick fix. I was too paranoid to try, but I guess it works well?
>>
>>31245293
My circle pad survived mario kart, kid Icarus, kingdom hearts, and smash and all i'm doing in sun and moon is gently rotating in a circles. Why the fuck are some of you putting so much pressure on this thing?!
>>
>>31245265
This happened to me and luckily the black part under the grey part was still in tact
the black part has more grip too so i aint even mad
>>
>>31245306
No, it's not your fault. It's a design flaw. The circle pad is shit.

>>31245321
You're still turning the pad to get eggs
>>
>>31245367
That's nice. Maybe, just maybe, other people naturally move their hands differently from yours.
>>
ITT: Retarded gorillas who feel the need to press down with their full weight on a small console then complain when it breaks
>>
>>31245354
Well, you have to be careful not to let the hotglue run into your console. Best way to fix it is to hotglue the little hole in the nub itself. Make the glue really get in every little corner but be careful not to "overfill" it. Then just put it on the console and try to move it around a bit, so the glue gets pushed into place. Let it dry for 10 min or so.
>>
>>31245389
I've never broken any other handheld device or controller before from just pressing it's buttons, but sure it's my fault, not nintendo's.
>>
>>31245387
Literally what
>>
My circle pad just started fucking disolving. I didn't fall off, it started getting sticky and a very light scratch would take off a thin layer of rubber and leave a dent like it were play dough. I just scratched the rest of the rubber off eventually and just use the thin plastic disc. There's no fucking excuse for them to have used that cheap rubber, especially in the revisions
>>
>>31245431
Not too complicated to understand. Some people naturally move their hands gentler than others, some people use more force. Most of those people don't break literally every other kind of controller and handheld device from simple use, until it comes to the 3DS
>>
File: IMG_0164.jpg (56KB, 559x389px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0164.jpg
56KB, 559x389px
>>31245277
i'm still pissed that you can't move with the d-pad
>>
>>31245367

I dont care about your shitty anecdotal evidence, there are objectively more issues with the 3ds circle pad, so clearly it isn't as well designed as every other stick/pad in existence.

Stop being a retard that assumes your experience is how everyone's should be.

I bet you're a skyward swordtard too, who defends that games motion control with "b-but it worked for me!" When I literally took a bubble leveler to make sure the wii remote was sticking straight up, yet link wouldn't do a skyward strike.

Again, fuck you
>>
>>31245541
>When I literally took a bubble leveler to make sure the wii remote was sticking straight up, yet link wouldn't do a skyward strike.

kek
>>
>>31245265
>Mario Kart
>Smash
>MH4U
>MHG
>FFTheatrhythm
>Rythem Heaven
>FF Explorers
>STILL the same circle pad.

You gotta calm down, bro.
>>
>>31245459
Nintendo systems released after DSphat and GameCube are of really shitty quality. I had to replace the circle pad in my 3DS XL because my 5 year old brother scratched a fucking hole in it while playing Mario Kart.
>>
My 3DS is surviving this and Smash Bros.

You're just unlucky.
>>
File: EtikaBestBro.jpg (128KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
EtikaBestBro.jpg
128KB, 960x960px
>>31245265
JUST FUCKING INJECT IT, EVERY 3DS IS HACKABLE ATM, THERE IS NO EXCUSE
>>
>>31245367
my r button never survived mario kart
>>
>>31245265
That dirty ass 3ds you deserved it
>>
>not injecting

Now you know better
>>
>>31245277
I was so fucking pissed off when I found out you can't use the d pad to walk I hate using the stick. Trying to breed is even worse especially since the bath you have isn't even that long. The only good thing s that you have mach bike tauros to make it a bit faster
>>
>>31245265
Man, I feel better knowing I'm not the only one with a gross AF 3DS.

I can't keep the damn thing clean.
>>
I'd inject but the process for doing it sounds really convoluted. Not to mention it'd require more money.
>>
>>31247896
Updatefag here, kept an old 3DS stock and hacked my secondary one, kept up with Ninty's updates

Finally gave in this time and hacked my main console, invested no more than an hour and a half if that. You can hack with 0 money right now
>>
>>31245265
Good job Gorilla!
>>
>>31245265
The xl model is shit with this. When it broke the same happened as with yours. Thankfully I had an o3ds from which only the rubber had fallen off. Moving all the circle pad hardware from my regular o3ds to my xl was really easy, and it moves way easier now. (The xl circle pad gets stiff real fast, doesn't happen with the regular models)
If you don't have an old/otherwise broken console, you can probably get it real easily from ebay. With that and a 1mm screwdriver you have everything you need to replace it. Look for disassembly guides on ifixit or something, the xl is close enough to the regular models to be able to use the disassembly guide for the regular model, with a little care, at least to the point you can replace the circle pad.
>>
File: Image946099166.jpg (90KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Image946099166.jpg
90KB, 1024x768px
>>31248117
Forgot pic. My console now.
>>
File: 1483587183387.png (266KB, 1554x1039px) Image search: [Google]
1483587183387.png
266KB, 1554x1039px
>>31245389
>he isn't gentle with his consoles
How can you be expocted to be gentle with your mons?
>>
>>31248117
Looked up guides. This is what you should do to replace it:
First, follow this guide: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+3DS+XL+Circle+Pad+Replacement
Then, follow this from step 21: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+3DS+Circle+Pad+Replacement
Don't be scared by the "difficulty". It's really fucking easy and the only thing you can fuck up are the shoulder buttons if you pull the backside off like a gorilla, unless you drop your spaggetti, can't account for that.
As for the tools listed, the only thing you really need is the screwdriver and growing yourself some nails (or using the screwdriver really carefully)
>>
>>31247979
Would probably take a full day for someone not averse in it.
>>
>>31248349
I understand being scared shitless of bricks and all that, but there are so many retard-proof guides out right now that it's really difficult to mess up if you follow them carefully
>>
I have an O3DS that I bought at launch and an N3DS that I bought when they were first released. Both are in really good and borderline pristine condition. How in the hell is it even possible to break the circle pad like that unless you're actively TRYING to force it into places it's not meant to go?

For the record, I used my O3DS every day up until the N3DS launch (and I still play on my O3DS sometimes just for shits and gigs). I also play my N3DS almost every day. Starfox, Smash, MK7, Pokemon Sun Breeding, OoT, and a bunch of other shit. I've never had any problems with my circle pad.

You guys really have to calm it down.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.