[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How accurate would an insta-freeze move have to be in order to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

File: 98a4ht9re4y5u6ik7.png (232KB, 448x360px) Image search: [Google]
98a4ht9re4y5u6ik7.png
232KB, 448x360px
How accurate would an insta-freeze move have to be in order to not be OP and not be complete shit?
>>
>>31239893
65%
>>
I don't think that'd be possible unless it had another serious drawback like a recharge turn.
>>
Make it like Destiny Bond.
>>
>>31239893
Considering every single time I've frozen an opponent in Moon resulted in it thawing out on the same turn it was frozen, I think 80 base accuracy would be fair enough. At least the Sleep status is guaranteed to last at least one turn.
>>
>>31240172
Motion seconded - I don't see why freezing is given such a short end of the stick when the only thing that stops sleep are certain mons (which mostly if not all suck) with Vital Spirit/Insomnia/Worry Seed
>>
>>31239893
50% or less.
>>
>100% accuracy
>Only slow defensive ice types can learn it.
>they're still shit
>>
>>31239893
95% accuracy and give it to any ice type shitmon, it's not like those are rare
>>
100% acc. But if it hits an Ice type then it gives it +1 all stats.
>>
>>31239893
>85 accuracy
>It fails if used by a non-ice type
>>
>>31240706
>switch in to mamoswine
>opponent uses insta freeze
>>
>>31240558
>>31240172
It has potential to last forever
>>
Make it only available to ice types. They need all the help they can get.
>>
>>31240558
Yup, and with certain moves you can even thaw out of it. Yet Sleep got it's 100% acc move.
>>
>>31239893
100%, but -6 priority and works only during Hail.
>>
What if instead of stopping the opponent totally, Freeze worked like Paralysis except with it's pre-nerf 75% Speed drop. Would an insta-Freeze move that only Ice-types learned now be useful?
>>
>>31239893
Accuracy based on Ice weakness
Any resist=0
Normal=25%
X2=50%
X4=100%
>>
>>31240837
Idk, I mean we already have icy wind which pretty much guarantees they move slower than you if you have any speed investment whatsoever and still people use ice beam over it.
>>
>>31240848
That's horrible, not even fucking usable. You may as well just use blizzard or ice beam and hope you get lucky. At least you're doing damage that way.

Get the fuck out of here with your bullshit.
>>
>>31240875
In doubles it would be OP as fuck, I'd rather have the opponent stuck with 1 useless mon 2v1 for a turn where they have to waste a turn to switch out and then later hope it thaws out over giving the enemy a free switch immediately.
>>
Make it like swagger. Give them +1 to Attack and Special attack but then freeze them.
>>
>>31240898
You're assuming that it hits, which isn't likely.
>>
>>31240906
Smogon already banned after reading your comment, just in case
>>
>>31240867
Except a regular Speed drop from Icy Wind won't remain after a switch-out or stop the opponent from moving 1/4 of the time.
>>
What if there was a freeze version of Yawn?
>>
just severely limit the distribution to a shitmon or two and it's balanced.
>>
Just nerf freeze for it to be like sleep, but make it easily accessible to ice types. Defensive ice needs a severe buff
>>
>>31240706
I want this to happen because it sounds hilarious.
>>
Cold Spike
Dmg: 100
Acc: 30
PP: 5
Effect: Instantly freezes target Pokemon if it hits.
Always fails in Sun. Acc doubles in Hail.

OR

Chill Out
Power: ---
Accuracy: 70
PP: 15
Effect: Freezes target Pokemon. Fails if there is already a frozen Pokemon on their team.

OR

Cold Serving
Power: 100
Accuracy 100
PP: 5/5
Priority: -1
Effect: Instantly freezes target Pokemon. Can only be used if opponent has twice as many or more healthy Pokemon than the user.
>>
70 accuracy
Lasts two turns minimum
After the third turn the rate of still being frozen decreases by 25% each turn
>>
>>31242037
Fuck I meant after the second turn
>>
30 accuracy if used by a non-ice type
85 accuracy if used by any ice type
freeze status is nerfed to 1-4 turns

in addition, make ice strong against bug while resisting normal, flying, bug, water, grass, and ground and now ice is actually reliable
>>
>>31240803
Sleep will always wear off though, surprisingly not every Pokemon carries a fire move or scald.
>>
>>31239893
Freezing is no longer as op as it seems.
>>
File: IMG_9132.jpg (159KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9132.jpg
159KB, 1920x1080px
>>31239893
>100% Acc
>Freeze is now guaranteed to last at least 1 turn like sleep
>But it's Delibird's signature move
>And it will fail if used by any other mon
Is it viable?
>>
>>31242250

This would actually be a great buff for ice types, while still keeping a lot of what makes them bad (steel, fire, fighting, and rock weakness).
>>
>>31242250
>constantly insisting adding another weakness to bug
Why? I always see this shit every fucking "buff ice" thread
>>
>People think a freezing move would be game breaking
>Spore exists

Ok
>>
>>31240706
Doubles will be hell for this
>>
>>31243250
what bug do you know that survives in blizzards
frankly im surprised bug hasnt already weak to ice since gen 1
>>
>>31243261
A spore clone for freezing could work, assuming it has the same limitations like horrible distribution, and a myriad of pokemon immune to it.

However, as another anon said, freeze is more of a wildcard, since it can last anywhere from 0 turns and backfire miserably, or 10 turns allowing for the safest sweep ever. I dont think balancing it like sleep is a good idea in that regard, but I don't know how you could balance such wild unpredictability.
>>
>>31240795
Did you mean, make it available to Smeargle?

>>31243261
Sleep only lasts for 1-3 turns and the counter doesn't reset when switched out. You are guaranteed a turn to act even if the opponent spams Spore.

Freeze is a 20% chance per turn to thaw and act. There is no limit to being Frozen if you don't have one of 6 moves (3 of which are legendary unique moves) already on the Frozen pokemon.

One of these is not like the other.
>>
>>31243447
Freeze should be made so that using fire moves in general, and more hot-related moves, thaws you out, and stuff not being able to be frozen if the sun is out.

Hail should get buffed to double the odds of freezing an opponent and negating moves that could thaw them out
>>
>>31239893
How about we stop trying to make defensive ice-types a thing?
>>
>>31239893
Make Frozen status last for only 2-3 turn
Make a Frozen attack that actually inflicts the Frozen status on pokemon ONLY IF the user is Ice type.
For any other pokemon, Smeargle, it would just harshly lower speed.
Make the move itself super fucking limited in distribution
>>
>>31243739
>Make Frozen status last for only 2-3 turn
that completely nullifies the whole point of the status condition, just use sleep in that case
>>
>>31239893
Maybe make an attack that takes a turn to charge before attacking (eg Fly, Solarbeam etc). That way the opponent gets some warning and can prepare for it.
>>
>>31243792
Or then just err uh make the Frozen counter 40% or 50%, instead of the 20%.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.