[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this game not get any love? Sure the speed is P/D tier,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: Colosseum.png (174KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
Colosseum.png
174KB, 250x350px
Why does this game not get any love? Sure the speed is P/D tier, but that doesn't make it bad!
>>
File: Colosseum-Ohmori.png (784KB, 814x1163px) Image search: [Google]
Colosseum-Ohmori.png
784KB, 814x1163px
It gets a lot of love. Lurk more.
>>
>XD
>/reddit/
>>
>>31232935
Maybe I should because I only ever see Miror B. mentioned.
>>
>>31232800
It and the sequal aren't talked about often but the times that they are they're given a good amount of praise.

>first real 3D adventure with pokemon
>GOAT OST

The games are good. It's a shame GameFreak refuses to acknowledge them and who knows how long it'll be before we ever get a 3D pokemon game that isn't limited by a portable console.
>>
I would suck a dick if it meant we got another pokemon game based around double battles. The battle tree doesn't do anything for me since 4v4 is so limited and filled with bullshit that's not fun like brightpowder kings rock.

Even if you could toggle doubles on or off would be fine but since gamefreak think's were too garbage to even give some of the trainers on the final island more than one pokemon in Sun/Moon I doubt they would ever implement it.
>>
>>31233002
I don't think GameFreak can acknowledge them without paying Genius Sonority royalty fees for the scenario. See my wild speculah/headcanon theory in this pic >>31232935, but basically

- Anyone paying attention could've realized Sonority Genius held exclusive rights to the scenario of Colosseum/Gale of Darkness as soon as Pokemon transferred into mainline games referred to Orre as a 'distant land' instead of by name.

- After the fact, it's more speculation on my part that what's happening now with Gen 6 and 7 is that instead of overtly referencing these games, they're either using them as a source of inspiration for characters/scenario, or trying to 'rehabilitate' them into the games as close as they can without having to actually pay any royalties.

I would anticipate that you will never ever see any reference to Orre in a game as that would entitle Genius Sonority a share of the profits of a game. With games as popular as Pokemon, even a 1% entitlement is too much money to give up just to make a reference more explicit for the sake of fans that would buy the games anyways.
>>
File: 1442191811906.jpg (58KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1442191811906.jpg
58KB, 1024x768px
>>31232800
>mfw taking a shit to link related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld4TzVQD0Ag
>>
The Gamecube games are a strange beast. Although they do a lot right, they have a lot of outright awful aspects that nearly break the game. Shadow Rush is a good example. I don't know who's bright idea it was to give every catchable Pokemon in the game a suicide move.
>>
>>31233288
>catch Furret early on
>keep using it so it goes into Hyper mode
>crits up the ass
>knocks out almost everything up until Dakim
Absolutely deadly, and then Hitmontop comes along and you repeat the cycle with it until Ein. The recoil sucks, sure, but at least you'll be using your potions and shit on something.
>>
File: 250px-468Togekiss[1].png (29KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-468Togekiss[1].png
29KB, 250x250px
>>31232800
Playing Gale of Darkness at the moment. I am collecting most of the "special" mons in this game with the proper nature.

http://www.serebii.net/xd/pokemon-attacks.shtml

I realize most of them aren't that impressive, but it's fun to have "special" mons. I'm probably gonna clone some of them in Emerald and do giveaways in the distant future.

Tri-Attack/Serene Grace Togekiss seems like prime trolling material. And I wonder how Sing works on Mega-Mom. Will it attempt to sing twice?

I fucking loved Colosseum and I still have the Legendary beasts with the WES OT.

Gale of Darkness' protag is not nearly as badass as Wes was though.
>>
File: 1399108819998.png (142KB, 415x367px) Image search: [Google]
1399108819998.png
142KB, 415x367px
>>31233401
>Tri-Attack/Serene Grace Togekiss
>>
>>31233359
The problem isn't when you use the suicide move, it's when the Pokemon you're trying to catch does. A lot of times you only get one shot at catching a Pokemon and it doesn't respawn until very late in the game, so you have to constantly save scum.
>>
>>31233401
> Psycho Boost Lugia
> 200BP shattered Psyche

HHNNGG
>>
>>31233538
>not using Sand-Attack over and over to keep that from happening
That's what I do in all my runs. Just make sure whatever you're trying to catch isn't at 1 HP in case Shadow Rush does hit.
>>
>>31233095
It can't be that much of an issue to pay Genius Sonority. For fuck's sake they made Shuffle and it gets constant updates and stuff, they obviously get paid for that with no issues.

There's no excuse for them not to use Orre again.

Also, >>31232935 is a bit of a stretch
>>
>>31233790
Shuffle was going to get made by another studio anyways, so GF/Pokemon Company/etc. primary holders were always going to surrender assets to Genius Sonority anyways.

But if, for a mainline game where GF is the primary developer, you have to choose between
>explicitly acknowledging Cipher and surrendering a percentage of profits to Genius Sonority
>alluding to Cipher without ever making it explicit and saving the money
you'd go with the second one each time.

And yeah, it's a bit of a stretch, but the interior of Aether Foundation looking very much like the interior of Cipher Lab, and the whole Aether-Skull dynamic seemingly mirroring Cipher-Snagem was a bit too much so I looked for other commonalities. I think something's there to it.
>>
>>31232960
I love this meme
>>
>>31233862
They (Nintendo and GF) make a lot of money off of Pokemon, along with their other IPs.

Paying shouldn't be such an issue, much less saving money.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.