[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why should we care about smogon tiers for pokemon. People should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1436567258501.jpg (29KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
1436567258501.jpg
29KB, 640x519px
Why should we care about smogon tiers for pokemon. People should just use pokemon they like and try to win with them in my honest opinion. And at the end of the day isnt that what really matters? Pokemon are our friends not some tools we use to tell who is better than others.
>>
>>31230083
Probably bait, but really, this is how things should be. In my opinion Karen is right
>>
>>31230083
You should if you want to play competitively on their website

Where only pretty big autists go

Aka us
>>
>>31230083
The pokemon I like are mega rayquaza, primal groudon, swagplay klefki, lugia, arceus, and xerneas. Wanna battle? :^)
>>
>>31230083
You can still use low tier Pokemon in Higher Tiers. Tiers are just there to show you what tiers Pokemon work best in, and how you can use them in higher tiers. And of course to make sure you don't use your MegaZard X to destroy all the weaker Pokemon in lower tiers.
>>
>>31230125
Even if I wanted to play competitively the most popular format has so many limitations. I understand why clauses exist but the thing that grinds my gears the most is that anything goes is really the best format. Its what pokemon should be. A complete mess of broken abilities. And set up potential.
>>31230174
If you dont mind me baton passing all stats with mew, eevee to margerena sure.
>>
>>31230083
people should stop trying to make pokemon a competitive game, because it's really not
>>
>>31230083
This is why we need a 6v6 tier made by GF.

Just let us use whatever strategy we like with our bros.
>>
>>31230218
And you have that option to play

Then do it. Not everyone is going to agree but there's something for everyone on Smogon
>>
>>31230083
I mean you can use lower tier pokemon in OU as well, its just that it aggregates what pokemon are the most used and tosses them into OU. Sure, an OU team definently has more advantages as these are Pokemon that are proven to work well, but you don't have to use them. My buddy plays OU but still uses some of his favorite UU pokes, and he can still whoop my ass.
>>
>>31230083
If I want to fuck around with friends and test a meme-worthy strategy, I ignore Smogon viability rankings
If I'm playing against someone who obviously doesn't know what they're doing in Pokemon, I ignore Smogon viability rankings
If I'm playing against someone who knows what they're doing and I actually want to win, then I use the best of the best based on Smogon's viability rankings

I don't see what's wrong with this. If I want to win, I'll use my best assets. No point in handicapping myself. That's like playing football on a competitive level, but not wearing cleats because your favorite pair of shoes are some raggedy Converse high-tops.
>>
>>31230083
Yeah, mega rayquaza and arceus should definitely be in the same category as raticate. Doing that only results in shitmons being 100% non-viable when people try to play competitively.

Solution: don't use showdown+don't play competitively (or try to have a team full of shitmons in ubers and get rekt)
>>
>>31230272
Yeah youre right its just the shitposting about who's OU and not is just getting annoying to me. I get it people want thier favorites to be OU and really viable and stuff but they wont shut up about it if it doesnt happen.
>>
Not that i expect Zatu to be OU or anythinf but im obligated to try and use it with my favorites who might also be OU etc.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.