[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been off /vp/ since before its release, didn't get it until

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: md_sitebg.jpg (1MB, 1920x1648px) Image search: [Google]
md_sitebg.jpg
1MB, 1920x1648px
Been off /vp/ since before its release, didn't get it until xmas and worked my way through it since.

So what's the consensus about what went right and went wrong?
>>
File: shit.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
Well the anime is shit now.
>>
>>31229663
>now
>>
>>31229608
the games are by far the worst in the series and the games sold like shit. Expect the franchise to be over soon
>>
>>31229682
You forgot your image.
>>
>>31229663
>now
>>
>>31229663
It was never good
Not even in gen 1
>>
>>31229682
So basically the exact opposite of that
>>
>>31229682
where's your sun and moon image to go with this post?

hurry, so OP can believe this forced hate meme! go for it, faggotino!
>>
>>31229841
I don't know, I thought it was pretty ok while it was still in Kanto.

Ash should have stayed there though.
>>
>>31230122
>each series has a new protag like the manga
Would be pretty good
>>
>>31229608
>So what's the consensus about what went right and went wrong?

Depends on your tastes. I'd say that more went wrong than right, as the good features were replaced by poor ones.

Except for the cutscene abuse, the game itself is the same as XY, but even smaller.
>>
>>31229608
>consensus
>on /vp/
It looks like you have to lurk moar.
>>
>>31229608
For me these are the best games so far, just a few things went wrong against all the pros
What went right:
>NO MORE FUCKING HMS, HOOOOORRAY
>The menus and gameplay in general is really comfy
>Alolan forms
>Tourist trainers not using Alolan Forms
>Character customization is back and is good
>Difficulty is decent, if you let it be
>Changing gyms for trials, fresh air for the series
>Most characters are great and actually have relevance in the storyline
>Improved 3D design
>The storyline is really good considering it is oriented to children
>Ultra beasts
>Battle tree
>Reduced surfing encounter rate
What went wrong:
>Alolan forms idea not exploited really well as it could have been
>Slowness during double battles and totem battles
>Cutscenes get in your nerves after a while
>>
>>31229608
Those claiming they're the best are STILL in the honeymoon phase. Not saying their shit, but they certainly don't have the quality to be considered the best. At all.
>>
the only thing it really lacks is a postgame where you can explore more shit, but I guess this is a new trend since XY
>>
>>31229608
>what went right?
Lillie
>what went wrong?
Lillie
>>
>>31229608
>What went right?
Mostly the single player stuff, Besides the frequency of the cutscenes. I like a lot of the new Pokemon but you'll definitely hear otherwise.
>What went wrong?
Basically everything they tried to do better than what they did in generation 6 in regards to multiplayer and prepping for the meta. Bottle caps are fucked, leveling up to be able to do hyper training is fucked, SOS chaining is not as good as horde battles, the PSS was the most intuitive thing ever but that got replaced by festival plaza. Pokénav was obviously only going to be for ORAS but that was amazing and should have been a series staple
>>
>went right
Pokemon being shown being added to your dex when they evolve/traded was a nice little thing
>>
>>31229608
the general consensus (from polls and what I've heard from others) is that they were in the mid-high tier of Pokemon games. personally I think they're the best, but most still put them below BW2 and HGSS (which are considered the best games in the series by the polls we've had)

what went right?
>definitely all the QOL changes. Pokeride, improved dex, and no more grid are some of the many examples.
>actually has a story that is the quality you would expect from the 2nd most popular game franchise in the world. this is really the first game where we've had dynamic characters that have real(!) character development.
>excellent writing. mainly in Team Skull's encounters, but also in most of the regular characters as well. I won't go into detail, but Team Skull is by far the best villain team in the series, all because of their writing.
>gameplay is great, the difficulty was increased to the perfect balance between being easy enough to be played casually, but also hard enough that you have to put some effort into it

what went wrong?
>the wifi system from gen 6 was replaced with a really shitty join avenue clone, if you want to trade or battle you have to go to a completely new location each time.
>a lot of cutscenes. personally I didn't have a problem with this, but many do.
>>
>>31229608
A lot of things went right, a lot went wrong too, but the wrong things are getting more recognition. I had fun in the campaign, but looking at SM right now gives me the same feeling I got on ORAS. Too much wasted potential.

I also expected a lot of this game, I wanted SM to be the biggest, longest and full of content pokemon game they ever made, since its the 20th anniversary game. Didnt got that.

This is more on gen 6 and 7 overall. I feel that the only thing that improved compared to the ds was the graphics, while everything else either stucked or got worse. I didnt cared for graphics in Pokémon on all these years, and I still dont.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.