[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OK, /vp/, let's settle this Realistically, why doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: brionne.jpg (37KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
brionne.jpg
37KB, 480x480px
OK, /vp/, let's settle this

Realistically, why doesn't GameFreak make things like secret Mythicals (Marshadow, Volcanion, Hoopa, etc) and secret Z-Moves (Genesis Supernova, Ash's Pikachu's Z-Move, etc) into DLC?

Why do they put it in the game code if they know people will hack and find out about them before they are released?

I could understand it pre-3DS, but now they have no excuse.
>>
because
>>
>>31229363

How do we know that there aren't any others that haven't been found yet for exactly this reason? Only one unreleased Mythical seems unusually low, doesn't it?
>>
Normies wouldn't care enough to update their game
>>
>>31229394
>still thinking about patterns

Jesus fucking Christ, anon. how is Pokémon Gray / Z going for you? What about those Alola Gyms and HMs, huh?
>>
>>31229405

That was an unnecessarily confrontational reply. I said it's possible, not certain (or even likely). And looking to past practice as a guide is far from relying on "patterns."
>>
>>31229444
>And looking to past practice as a guide is far from relying on "patterns."

Thats literally exactly what it is.
>>
>>31229444
>And looking to past practice as a guide is far from relying on "patterns."

Nice trips, but that's kind of the definition of "patterns".
>>
>>31229363
The way gen 6 games were structured internally made it pretty much impossible to make DLC that added assets, not sure about gen 7.

They probably just didn't care enough tbqh.
>>
>>31229363
Because DLC are unholy cancer which kills video games and you should kill yourself for even considering it.
>>
>>31229487
DLC can be free you know.
>>
>>31229487
I'm talking about free DLC, you retard.
>>
>>31229363
They can't because they're idiots.

See, the method GameFreak uses when patching is to entirely a container file. Which is backwards but whatever. So if they wanted to, I don't know, boost the BST of all Alolan Pokemon, they'd have to entirely replace the garc that contains Pokemon stats (not sure what it is in Sun/Moon but in ORAS it was a/1/9/5). Which is fine for a little file like that, but say Marshadow's model and animations weren't on the cart and were preplanned DLC. Well, with GameFreak's method, they would have to issue a 1+ gb patch JUST to include Marshadow, because including its model would mean replacing the original garc containing all the models and textures with a new one that has Marshadow. Updates like these are one thing on a console, but on a handheld where 1 GB is half to a third the size of many games, it's too goddamn big.

This is also why XY never got an update to make it compatible with ORAS. They will never be able to restrict mythicals to DLC as long as they continue to use this dumbass fucking method.
>>
Because somehow they actually want to preserve the dignity of not chopping up their game. It frustrates me to no end when a game needs to download files or get an update just to add something that was intended from the beginning, even if it's not behind a paywall... which it often is.
>>
I'm still pissed that I can't get Hoenn starters mega stones.
>>
>>31230088
Game Freak has been total idiots since inception. In a programming sense, marketing they're were really good at getting every last penny

Why did they strike the goldmine that is Pokémon
>>
Along with the update size problems, it's also possible they want to keep compatibility with games that never get updated.(lots of kids who never set up their 3DS for internet play these games)

I'm not a huge fan of Gen VI, but I did really like the complete lack of datamining in the early days of XY. Even with the datamining of Hoopa and Volcanion it was still a lot better than just knowing about the complete set of mythicals before the game even got released like with SM. One reason I would really like to see a Switch Pokémon game is to have that happen again, even for a short period.
>>
>>31229394
No. Ash-Pikachu with the unreleased Z-move is going to be the mascot of the next movie. Then Marshadow probably after that. Then the final movie will probably be something involving Necrozma and some Gen VIII mon.
>>
>>31229487
Fuck you. DLC as a concept is a godsend. It's only shit when it's done wrong (most of the time).
>>
>>31230088
So this also means that IF any next game within this gen, be it D/P/Plat remakes or a "third" version, would add new alolan forms/megas that we would get a repeat of gen 6 where S/M would be obsolete?
>>
>>31230569
yes
>>
I hope they keep doing it, I want to know everything when a game's released if not earlier, secrets only lead to unneeded murder
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.