[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would a Pokemon Move Skill Tree look like? If learning moves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: skill tree.jpg (729KB, 2623x2521px) Image search: [Google]
skill tree.jpg
729KB, 2623x2521px
What would a Pokemon Move Skill Tree look like? If learning moves was dependent on knowing a similar but weaker move, what dependencies would there be?

ie you can't learn Roar unless you know Growl, you can't learn Thunder until you learn Thunderbolt, etc.

I figure you'd need to start by grouping similar moves together. What groups of moves are there that have things in common?
>>
>what groups of moved are there that have things in common?
Type
>>
>>31214573
Elemental Fangs/Punches
>>
>>31214573
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Moves_by_usage_method - And this is only the ones that actually matter (ie. biting moves are affected by strong jaw, sound-based have their own set of things, aura and pulse are boosted by mega launcher, etc.)
>>
>>31214645
What would be the "base" move for each of those groups then? Like, for biting moves, I feel like Bite would be the one that unlocks the remainder of those moves. With punching, I'm not sure. Power-Up Punch or Comet Punch? Mach Punch? Maybe something more complex than just one unlocking the rest. Not sure about the other groups.

>>31214589
This has more to do with physiology than elemental type, as seen by stuff like the fangs.

I'd really then like to see what moves unlock the bases of those groups. Like, what move can allow Pokemon to learn bite. What are the most basic moves that all other moves arise from?
>>
>>31216157
There'd at least be a few type based trees, the likes of
Ember -> Flamethrower -> Fire Blast
Physiology wise they are special based damage moves with elemental side effects, for example I could see an ability that boosts Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam.
>>
>>31216215
The way I see it, there are two types of upgrades. Upgrades of power (Ember leads to Flamethrower because Flamethrower is just a "bigger" ember) and upgrades of niche (Ice Fang uses the same skills of Bite in a new way). So there would certainly be some type-based subtrees, but also ones where one node branches out into many different types, like with Bite.

What about status moves? Like I mentioned, I see a link between Growl and Roar (sound-based intimidation), but think that generally they'll be harder to link up.
>>
>>31216157
Bite would unlock the Elemental Fang moves if the user ALSO knows another move of that type; i.e. Bite + Flamethrower = Fire Fang
>>
>>31216721
Oh cool, I like it if some moves have an additional condition besides the root move.

I could see some fun to be had in using a tree like this for challenge runs.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.