[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /vp/'s opinion on Pokemon Vega? Do the Japanese

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

What is /vp/'s opinion on Pokemon Vega? Do the Japanese make better hacks than their western counterparts?

Tell me what you think.
>>
its music is good
>>
I haven't played it, but probably.
>>
File: hantama_by_peegeray-d5e8ui4.png (372KB, 741x762px) Image search: [Google]
hantama_by_peegeray-d5e8ui4.png
372KB, 741x762px
>>31213947
It's got god tier Pokemon designs, but the level curve and difficulty is terrible.
>>
In b4 c&d
>>
>>31214289
Does that mean Vega is a challenging hack? Sounds good to me.
>>
File: pokemon mienfoo2.png (124KB, 342x192px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon mienfoo2.png
124KB, 342x192px
>>31214289
this looks like a mienfoo that was evolving into a mienshao and got stuck halfway through
>>
File: moth.png (7KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
moth.png
7KB, 240x160px
The level curve is terrible, and the story is a bit too bad fanficy, but otherwise is excellent. Greatly anticipating the team's next hack if it isn't dead.

>>31214409
It's more bullshit in that League trainers are like ten+ levels above everything around them and basically are on their own separate level curve from the rest of the game. So you either use really cheap stall tactics or grind up to their level.
>>
>>31213947
>fakemons
automatic garbage
>>
>>31214873
>bug/ice
>not fairy/ice
>>
>>31214289
>>31214873
>fakemon
>good
>ever

Back to gamefaqs
>>
>>31214895
Fairy wasn't a thing yet when it was originally made.

>>31214891
It's got the only fakemons I've ever seen in a romhack that I've liked. Though it still has some stinkers.
>>
>>31214289
>It's got god tier Pokemon designs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhE7ZSFaOB8

ehhh i dunno about that. there are some good ones and a lot of others ones also.
>>
>>31213947
It's a pretty good hack design-wise, but the level curve is shit. Either the trainers and wilds need to get raised by about 7 levels, or the gym leaders need to get nerfed by 5.
Fuck the first gym and its Spore Shuckle. Also the other ones.
>>
>>31213947
God tier music and map design, and great fakemons

But the story is retarded, and the level balance is a fucking mess of Olympian proportions. Gym and named trainers are like fifteen levels above route trainers at all times. There's also some real poor design choices- take the psychic horse for example, it gets two branching evolutions but the unicorn is objectively better than the Pegasus. However, you don't get the unicorn until much later, so unknowing players would blindly evolve it into the Pegasus instead and miss out on the unicorn's insane special metagross power. The alternative is lugging around a shitmon until the mid 40's where you can finally find the fucking stone.

Or, how about the badass saber tooth lightning tiger fossil? Rock/electric special monster. There is a tm for a 100 accuracy base 100 special rock move. You might want to teach it that. Jokes on you, it gets it on level up probably just after you can get the tm.

The starters have awful level up moves but amazing tm learnsets, so it forces you to make major sacrifices to prevent your starter from being dead weight.

Oh and the psychic gym puzzle is insanely hard, combine the worst aspects of sliding ice tiles and Boulder pushing puzzles with the horrors of Tate and Liza's Emerald gym and it's still not as bad as that fucking mess of hours of trial and error

How people played this game before the translation fucking stumps me
>>
>>31213947
First I've heard of it. Are Altair and Vega the same? Any links?
>>
>>31215803
Altair and Sirius are more just really fanficy Hoenn remixes
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.