[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /vp/ hate the simis? I imagine it's for the Really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1933.jpg (19KB, 538x273px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1933.jpg
19KB, 538x273px
Why does /vp/ hate the simis? I imagine it's for the Really bland designs (although I like Simisage somewhat) but it seems like even those who love gen 5 concede that they're awful.
>>
>>31208230
>Bland, Crappy designs
> Almost non-existant Movepool
> Horrible Abilities
> Made to resemble Starter Pokemon, still isn't a 3 stage evo, instead, uses stones to evolve
> All 3 share some of the shittiest Shinies i've seen
>>
>>31208230
I dislike them because they're an unnecessary repeat of the starter triangle early in the game and you're literally handed one that covers your weakness right off the bat. I'd have liked them better if they were a different triangle, like Dark > Psychic > Fighting. They could keep the same theme of being a type advantage/disadvantage triangle but with some more interesting types and maybe a bit better designs. Plus, I mean... did we really need a second fire monkey? Third if you count Darmanitan as a simian of some kind.
>>
>>31208230
only good thing about simis is hot monkay dik
>>
I don't hate the Simis but their prevos are way way cuter.
I really like how they turn into delinquents.
>>
>>31208230
>even those who love gen 5

Nice >implying there spermy. I'm glad you're at least putting effort into even bothering to be subtle but you've still got a long way to go.
>>
>>31208230
>>31208299
>Bitching about their designs
Do you know what their designs are even based off of?
>>
>>31208353
Yeah, i agree it's dumb for them to have a "counter" gym leader to you, yet they give you the counter to the counter without having to train up something else consciously. On that note, why haven't we gotten a counter-team gym leader aside from them anyway?
>>
>>31208230
I looked at this image and I've seen Scrafty at first. Then I've realized it's the fire monkey.
>>
I want to impregnate Simipour!
>>
>>31208426
>>Bitching about their designs
>Do you know what their designs are even based off of?
I swear to god if you autistic fucks try to argue that there's more behind their design than
>hurr durr, everyone hated infernape- let's make shitty monkeys of EVERY STARTER TYPE
then i will fucking neck myself

go on, then- now i'm fucking curious

>>31208475
We did- and better, too- in the smeargle from SM.
Not technically a gym leader, i know- but the same principle.
>>
>>31208529
Forgot about him, considering i blacked out to it first time.
>>
>>31208299
Holy shit, simipour needs to fucking BREED to learn hydro pump. And why didn't these guys get nasty plot as a levelup move? Then it'd be even slightly close to something you'd willingly use during the campaign.
>>
>>31208529
The first three stages of the monkeys are See no evil, hear no evil and do/speak no evil (The three wise monkeys, I am sure you have heard of them) Pansage, with its open mouth and wide eyes is do/speak no evil, Pansear, with its big ears, is hear no evil, and Panpour, with its closed eyes, is see no evil.

The second stage are now each forms of Japanese school culture. Simisage is a Bōsōzoku, or Japanese biker, loud obnoxious and definately a doer of evil. Simisear is based on a part of Japanese school culture, that of gossip, one who speaks evil. And Simipour is a vanity obsessed girl, one who only sees evil.
>>
>>31208698
...Fuck you that is decently clever. They still suck ass in comp though.
>>
>>31208698
I can almost see the former points (although I admit I am confused as to why the monkey the represents 'speak no evil' is the only one with its mouth open...?), but sauce on the latter points- or at least pictures to back them up?
Being a westernfag- all that seems completely random / made up to me, but I might just not know shit.
>>
>>31208230
Simisage and Simipour are pretty gay but I've used HOT MONKAY DIK in Ubers and OU and it's great, and also has the best design out of the three
>>
>>31208230
Cool concept, crummy designs
Fucking dogshit everywhere else
>>
>>31208230
Dumb how ALL 3 gen 5 rivals had one on their team, feels like a fucking cop out

On cheren and Bianca it made a little sense but Hugh had absolutely no reason to have one
>>
>>31208826
In Japan it is do no evil not speak no evil, thats the western version.
Just google "Bosozoku gang member", "Kogal Girl", or "Gyaru"
>>
>>31208987
also Simsage's name is Yanakki -> Yankee for Japanese delinquents
>>
>>31208987
I googled... I ogled...
I dunno... I don't see it?
The water one is the closest resemblance- but i legit have no idea which aspects the other two are trying to copy...
Anyone wanna shed some light?
>>
>>31209127
Middle guy on grass literally has the pompador. Kogal girls fashion has a shit ton of variants.
>>
>>31208698
Well, and I always thought their final stages were based off modern pop culture (Elvis/Travolta/Marley) the way the first stages (speak/hear/see no evil) are based on "old pop culture".
>>
>>31208698
That's clever, and would be easier to dig if they got that extra Dark typing or a decent Dark coverage movepool.

Either way, I'm very glad the Eeveelutions took their place from Gen VI onwards.
>>
Simipour is nice

don't give a fuck about the other two
>>
I kinda like Simisage line, but the other two make him shit by just existing.

I think what would have been more fun and less a waste is if the prevos were all grouped into one Pokemon, in what would basically be a Monkey Eevee. Or just give us a fucking Eevee.
>>
>>31210382
>Wisimian, the Monkey Pokemon (All 3 in one)
>Starts with a neutral form.
>Changes form based on if it last learnt a Grass, Fire or Water move; it's appearance is mostly the same except it covers it's mouth, ears or eyes. Once it takes on a different form, it can never return to neutral form
>Evolves at level 30 based on it's form into Simisage, Simisear and Simipour, gaining Dark typing in addition to it's original typing. If it hasn't taken on any form, it instead evolves into a new Pokemon based on Goku or Bishamonten or some shit
>>
>>31210437
Someone at Gamefreak hire this man. He can be in charge of fixing stupid decisions before they make it too far along in the creation process.
>>
Waste of coding.
>>
>>31210382
I've been saying this for years, and it's never gotten any traction...
I'll say it again, but I expect the same.
What I fucking want is a physical eevee.
I don't mean a physical based eeveelution- i mean another pokemon (let's call it vvevv) that only evolves into types that were physical pre the physical/special spilt. (Going by that definition- all of eevee's evolutions were special (let's assume fairy is special, as well.))
I want a brand new pokemon that when it debuts, it does so as a normal type that evolves into one of three different evolutions (they don't even have to super effective each other- jolteon didn't interact with flareon at all)(so let's say poison, steel, and ghost) and then they slowly add more evolutions to it (and base eevee) until we have two normal types that can evolve into any of the current number of types.
A pipe dream, i know, but i fucking want it.
>>
>>31208529
>everyone hated infernape
Fuck off, Infernape is best
>>
>>31210437
The grass one should get Dark-type because of its design inspiration but I'm not sure about the rest
>>
>>31208230

I actually really like all three. Simisage has a great punk theme, Simipour is downright adorable, and Simisear is so much of a dork in its animations that it snaps round to endearing.
>>
>>31208698
great, they have a cool concept for their design. but that not mean that there designs themselves are in anyway not shit.
>>
I like the little ones and Simidage, I dont dislike the others though.
>>
>>31208230
>implying only this board hates them
>one of them got ABSOLUTELY NO VOTES in the most recent official popularity poll in Nipland, landing it squarely in last place
>>
>>31210570
Well, that just means no one has it as their favorite, it doesn't mean everyone hates it. I like Simisear, but he's not my favorite.
>>
>>31208826
If you look at the sprites, each monkey is touching either their ears mouth or eyes.
>>
>>31208698
see, that's a good concept, but didn't translate at all into the design and honestly could have been done so much better
>>
>>31208698
>>31210645
also doesn't work because Pansears ears are the same size as the others

so now not only bad designs on their own, they're terrible execution
>>
>>31208698
I knew about that, but it doesn't make their designs any better.
>>
File: f4f.png (1001KB, 656x4710px) Image search: [Google]
f4f.png
1001KB, 656x4710px
>>31208230
>hating on HOT MONKAY DIK
Well, it's your loss
>>
>>31211104
>WHY IS THIS POSSIBLE
This image will never not be great. Despite being a hot bed of cancer, Showderp continues to justify it's terrible existence.
>>
>>31210472
That sounds pretty cool. I hope we get something like that.
>>
>>31208230

In my opinion the designs themselves are fine

Especially Simipour

the issue is that their stats and movepool are fucking horrendous and should been executed better

Their entire purpose is to make the first gym leader hard

and even then, Illima does it better with his fucking smeargle
>>
>>31210495
The motifs of the Pokemon are the three monkeys. Their evolutions are them embracing the evils that all three of them are denying.
>>
>>31208230
>when you realize pan/simipour are actually blind
>>
File: 300px-516Simipour_old.png (110KB, 300x320px) Image search: [Google]
300px-516Simipour_old.png
110KB, 300x320px
Simipour still blinks thats just how her pupils are
>>
>>31210472
As a kid I always wanted a new Eevee, but a bird instead of a dog-cat-??? fox??
The "Eevee" could be a generic chick, maybe with some egg motif, and could evolve into different types of birds of different type, all with flying as secondary type.
>>
>>31208299
Has anyone datamined SM to see if the movepool still holds true?
>>
>>31210472
That would be neat. That or a mon that can evolve into the types eevee can't.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.