[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT your biggest personal issue with sun and moon >that stupid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 16

ITT your biggest personal issue with sun and moon
>that stupid fucking outfit and song for riding pokemon
>>
>>31197864

>30 minute cutscenes when i just want to play the fucking game
>>
File: time to shoot myself.jpg (93KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
time to shoot myself.jpg
93KB, 1920x1080px
>exclusive clothes
>>
File: 1466676333658.png (113KB, 222x280px) Image search: [Google]
1466676333658.png
113KB, 222x280px
>>31197888
>dyes cost 100 berries or 100 fc assuming you can even find a person that has a dye house
>not even half the amount of clothing that XY has and its all summer shit despite the champions room literally being the top of a frozen fucking mountain and your character shivering while standing still outside the league
>>
File: jons getting upset.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
jons getting upset.gif
3MB, 640x360px
>>31197927
>and the bright colors from the 7 star berry clothes are only for the team color
>and you can't have a dyed white clothing and a dyed clothing of that same article and type
I just homebrewed my 3ds, dumped the save, and decided "fuck it" and went into PKhex to get me all the clothes.
>>
>Look at all these new Alola Pokemon!
>1% encounter rate
>>
>>31197864
>Not liking fun whimsical bluegrass playing while the tauros runs a fucking train on everyone
i agree on the unnecessary outfit but come on now
>>
Version exclusive legends for the Battle Tree. Come on, let me be able to fight Kiawe.
>>
>>31197864
>Constantly smiling protagonist
>>
>you can't Color the stars in the star shirt, they will always stay white

ALLAHU AKBAR
>>
>>31198085
This annoyed me to, I think they changed their expression like 2 or 3 times in the story.
>>
>>31197864
The fact that Mohn keeps wiggling at me
>>
File: 1481593033132.gif (3MB, 494x404px) Image search: [Google]
1481593033132.gif
3MB, 494x404px
>>31198196
>>
>>31198085
The lady in the battle buffet that asks you if you're full. BLANK FACE STAREDOWN
>>
>>31197864
The empty overworld
>>
>Cutscenes, cutscenes everywhere
>Festival Plaza a shit
>Postgame consists of dex completion, catching UBs, and short Battle Tree
I want to keep playing this game, but it feels like there's nothing to do anymore.

>>31198060
Also this. Forget Plumeria, I wanted to fight Guzma.
>>
>>31197864
>all the 5% new Pokémon encounter rates

>Kanto mons are fucking everywhere.

Why couldn't hoenn or some other region find this place? Fuck all the magikarps and dugtrios and zubats and pandering towards that shitty region. Why not sinnoh?
>>
File: IMG_8241.jpg (89KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8241.jpg
89KB, 600x800px
>>31198215
STOP WIGGLING
>>
>>31198243
postgame has never been good in any generation, it's always been dex completion and Battle Tower with new coats of paint (and the occasional gimmick)
>>
>>31197864
Cutscenes every 5 minutes
>>
>>31198265
>sinnoh
>>
File: evels.png (75KB, 898x628px) Image search: [Google]
evels.png
75KB, 898x628px
>become champion
>still have to beat the Elite 4 again to fight a challenger for your title
>most champion contenders give less money than the Elite 4
>>
>>31197864
Festival plaza, not just it being shit, but that it's not fun at all
>>
BW/BW2 had the best bike theme. Felt all nature-y and shit. Wheres i'm a fucking rodeoboy when I do anything in SunMoon
>>
>>31198286
Sinnoh has ports everywhere. Would be logical if they found alola and populated the island with their Pokémon, but no. Game freak wants us to remember that gen 1 was still there. It's like skrillex, but instead he's always regarded as the best meanwhile he is outclassed by many now.
>>
>>31198265

>implying Pelipper wasn't also everywhere
>implying Sinnoh didn't have the same "Zubat and Geodude infest every cave" problem

This was a pain in the ass to Nuzlocke. "Ooh, wonder what I'll get now, maybe an Araqua-nope Psyduck".
>>
>>31198274
Can't they pull a Mystery Dungeon and add 10-15 post-game quests?
Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky had this and pulled it off nicely
>>
>>31198339
Every region has that trope, but why? Is gamefreak too lazy to think "oh this cave has too many geodudes or zubats?" Why don't we put something that would show up, like a larvitar or gible or even riolu? I'm going to do a nuzlocke of moon and it feels like a drag already. But if I get repeated zubats or dugtrios at a time where I need a useful mon, I'll feel pissed
>>
>>31198060

I thought Kiawe and captains are mainly champion defender opponents
>>
>>31198274
Gen 4 felt good to be fair. And gen 5 had lots of things to do.
>>
SOS exclusive pokemon
Alot of new pokemon have low encounter rate
No easier traditional way to cap a pokemon outside of lvl 60 elite four and buffets
>>
>>31197864
>genwun pandering
>removal of the national dex
>genwun pandering
>removal of the bike
>genwun pandering
>removal of the gyms
>genwun pandering
>endless cutscenes
>genwun pandering
>shitty side characters
>genwun pandering
did i mention genwun pandering?
>>
>>31198406

You need Dupes clause for SM. Also I felt that Gen 5 and XY were pretty good about not spamming the same Pokemon in loads of areas compared to other games. SM went backwards in that regard.
>>
>>31198417
No, Kiawe and Mallow appear in Battle Tree, Sun and Moon exclusive respectively. Other version exclusives are Plumeria (Sun) and Guzma (Moon) and Sina (Sun) and Dexio (Moon).
>>
File: 1482531992489.png (144KB, 431x319px) Image search: [Google]
1482531992489.png
144KB, 431x319px
>>31197864
>sturdy magnezone at pokemon buffet
>>
>>31198471
Sadly true. But it felt okay. But If I were in charge of making this game, no Kanto references, Pokémon, or even existence of the region. Act as if it were nuked in the game and everyone speaks of it as a tragedy. Only the villan team hails from there. And everyone is from sinnoh/unova/hoenn/kalos. Much better as well if more were added that didn't have 5% bullshit encounters
>>
No national pokedex.
>>
>>31198517
Double Kick Pheremosa
>>
Festival plaza.

Join avenue worked well, they completely castrated join avenue and called it a new feature.

For someone who is too lazy to look into it, how can I get PP ups/bottle caps out of it?
>>
>>31198548
>Act as if it were nuked in the game and everyone speaks of it as a tragedy.
That sounds a little too much but a Dex without any Kantomons or anything related to a Kantomon but with Pokémon from the other regions until postgame sounds interesting.
>>
>>31198649

I would love this. Even in my Sun Nuzlocke, I only used two Kanto mons, both being Alola forms, and had no Kanto mons on the team by early 2nd island. I was using 2-5 + 7 instead, it was great. I did at least appreciate that the few Gen 5 mons in the game were fairly common.
>>
>>31198649
Yeah. Only put the ones that deserve to be there, like gengar, porygon, pikachu, fossil mons, eevee, and some others. No starters, filler Pokémon, and that bullshit. Gen 5 almost did that, and the reaction was hilarious
>>
File: 1425931502573.jpg (24KB, 419x304px) Image search: [Google]
1425931502573.jpg
24KB, 419x304px
>>31198517
at least it isn't as cancerous as previous gen turn limit battles

>that mansion in sinnoh with the maids who battle you
>always always ALWAYS protect on the final turn required so it's impossible to get the specified turn amount without a super overlevelled feint user
>at that point the reward is pointless anyway

>cafe le wow
>fake out/protect/flinch moves every fucking where
>even uses a sturdy shieldon just to rub it in
>>
>>31198008
While 1% is a bit harsh, I actually like having to search far and wide for mons.

>>31198060
Reminds me of Version exclusive MUSIC in ORAS.

> Have Alpha Sapphire
> Could never bash people online while having this playing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD9NHjiEsYE

This pissed me off more than it probably should.

Personal S/M beef is how you can't see exactly how many EVs a mon has. Come on GF. You're *this* close to EV/IVs being perfectly manageable. Maybe in Gen 8, eh?
>>
>Introduce mechanic fans have begged for years
>Make it require your mons be level 100.
>Make grinding to level 100 take a million years.
>>
>>31198765
That pisses me off even more, because the only place that can even come close for you to get to 100 is the elite 4, and doing it over and over again becomes this grind you would never want to do again
>>
>>31198765
Not only that, it requires an item that is rare just to be rare. WHY is it rare? It's not like boosting the IVs of your mons is required or anything if you want to use it in competit....oh wait, it is.

Either you have to luck out by finding someone with a 2* lottery AND to be able to register him as a VIP, or fish in that one spot for hours on end for a Bottle Cap per 2 hours.

Then there's the mining mini game, where you have these extreme rare chance of finding a Bottle Cap, or you have to farm shards for days for one.

It's obtuse for the sake of being obtuse, and this pisses me off the most.
>>
File: 1472344382822.jpg (178KB, 750x864px) Image search: [Google]
1472344382822.jpg
178KB, 750x864px
>>31197864
>finally have realistic sized character models
>towns are now barren as fuck
>can barely enter any houses/buildings
>no truly open routes or cities, everything requires a black screen transition, even route to route
>double battles are more laggy than they've ever been now that trainer models are included in battle
>included trainer models screw up the pokemon scaling which makes wailord smaller than nidoking
>triple/rotation battles impossible because trainer models use the "third pokemon slot"
>your characters walk animation

If I have to choose between all this bullshit and the chibi models of gen 6 then I'll just take the gen 6 models.
>>
i like alola but for fuck sake give me a national dex, i don't know if the pokebank dex will be able to calm my autism

also the engine is shit, there is no need to have the trainer models in battle, i want my triple battles back

i really hope we don't get sinnoh remakes this gen because i don't want to see my favorite region running like shit in that engine
>>
Honestly I just want to be able to sit wherever I want, there are seats everywhere god damn it and the sitting animation and pose are already in the fucking game.
>>
File: 1458043964016.jpg (30KB, 379x299px) Image search: [Google]
1458043964016.jpg
30KB, 379x299px
>Festival Plaza in general
>no post-game interactions with Guzma aside from the Battle Tree
>Toxapex and Salazzle don't have switched Abilities
>you can only get the Skull Tank
>customization is still lacking
>MCs constant :^) face, especially while doing Gladion's pose in battle
>Silvally is underwhelming when it's painted as a Pokemon created to defeat the Ultra Beasts
>post-game is sparse
>>
>>31198449
You forgot genwun pandering

Also genwun pandering
>>
>>31200676
>no post-game interactions with Guzma aside from the Battle Tree

Did you count the whole battle on the beach into this already? Because you still have that moment with him at least.
>>
>beat E4 first time
>cutscene and then suddenly
*Malasadas intensifies*
>Lillie is going to Kanto
>Malasadas asks you how far away Kanto is
>option to say it's close
>duh, it's obviously close
>mom: lol, you could visit like every day
>YOU CAN'T VISIT
This is like the battle frontier thing. Like I just wanted a visit man. Not full on Kanto. Just like some dumb sidequest that ends in getting kanto forms or something. Why even get my hopes up? It's like asking a homeless person if they want 5 bucks and then telling them to go fuck themselves after they say yes.

Also not being able to surf between islands. Totally was expecting some Hoenn shit where you have to use boats until you get whatever item or hm or ride mon. I know it's an engine constraint, and could be a massive pain in the ass, but there was suprisingly few water areas for an island chain.
>>
>>31198265
You'd think with Alola being based on an American state that they'd use some more Unova Pokémon. I'm not a massive fan of Woobat and Swoobat but I'm really fucking tired of Zubat and Golbat shitting up every cave in every generation.
>>
File: dreamteams.png (31KB, 392x926px) Image search: [Google]
dreamteams.png
31KB, 392x926px
I can't make a team of six new Pokemon I like without overlapping multiple types, even if I include Pokemon that got Alolan Forms.

There's lot of more meaningful beefs I have with this game but this bugs me most of all when actually playing.
>>
File: 60706700_p0.jpg (1MB, 1368x1835px) Image search: [Google]
60706700_p0.jpg
1MB, 1368x1835px
>>31200765
Yeah, but I would've liked many many more moments with him.
>>
File: 1471920136189.png (45KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
1471920136189.png
45KB, 224x224px
>>31197864
>festival plaza is join avenue except worse in every way, we didn't need yet another currency
>no shiny hunting methods outside MM and SoS
>sos chain resets at 256
>sos exclusive pokemon
>sos system in general
>half the megas arent in the game
>50% of the game is Magikarp/Wingull/Pelliper/Yungoos/Gumshoos/A-Rattata/A-Raticate
>tons of pokemon have a 5% or less encounter rate
>beginning island has cutscenes out the ass
>ride music and outfit
>most ride pokemon are gen 1 despite there being 7 pokemon, one for each gen
>nowhere to grind at all
>gen 1 pandering yet again
>level 100 requirement for hyper training and it doesnt even truly set the ivs to max meaning people will just use cheated dittos
>Battle Tower except renamed is terrible postgame and always has been
>bank lockoff for no reason
>alola forms are kanto only
>still no way to change natures
>fishing is nothing but magikarps ft special guest appearance by Pearl
>trials got old once i hit Mallow's trial
>region feels less like you're exploring it and more like you're a tourist going to see the sights
>too many pokemon take too long to evolve thanks to location based evos
>ultra beasts in general
>wingull's line being everywhere for two games in a row
>Many things were removed or cut from the final game and it makes me think this was supposed to be on the Switch but got heavily downgraded

I'm tired of tropical regions, i'm tired of GF half assing everything. I just want to see the games become better, but it never happens

>>31198339
>not using dupes clause
>>
2 Ultra Beast show up in the main story and you only fight one of them
>>
>>31198008
>find the spot with rippling water
>save in front
>L+R+select until you get what you want

literally takes like 10 minutes
I hate people complaining about this.The only thing that can't be increased is kangashkan. SOS weather exclusives like politoed are something to get mad about.

My pet peeve is probably lack of substory for stuff. Like, what about that third null? Can we get more information about Mohn's previous work since he probably forgot everything including his family coming out of a wormhole and you can't ask him at pelago? How is Lillie doing if Kanto is apparently so close? What is necrozma and why do I want to protect it's smile?

There's so much potential for the story, which is something I love exploring, but they didn't expand on it.
Hopefully whatever they have coming next expands on it
>>
>>31200832
kek
>>
>>31201096
>just soft reset!

Resetting takes longer than just leaving the area and coming back, genius. Besides that Magikarp still has a 50%+ encounter rate
>>
>>31197864
The stupid instagram minigame.
That was actually the first time in any pokemon game that a feature completely and utterly robbed me of any good feelings and replaced them with disgust.
>>
>>31200946
>implying Hoenn is a tropical region
>implying that GF made anything that would've been cut to begin with and they didn't just decide people don't like dungeons and didn't design any to begin with
>>
>>31201232
Everything around Fortree looks like a rainforest to me, and it's right next to the ocean. It even has the Battle RESORT.

Also, Kahili and the golf course
>>
>>31201296
Hoenn is subtropic, not tropic.
>>
Most things have been mentioned but man did they fuck up fishing
>>
>>31201582
I was excited when I learned there was only one rod type, but then they fucked it all up by making everything worth fishing up being stupid rare for no reason except to make it stupid rare.
>>
File: boi.png (820KB, 1150x859px) Image search: [Google]
boi.png
820KB, 1150x859px
Cutscenes, TOO MUCH HEALING
>>
>>31197864
>Breeding is STILL an RNG-clogged mess, made worse by the restriction of a bunch of the breeding tools that made breeding in Gen VI much more accessible.
>Hyper Training is useless even on the shit it's clearly designed for because all legendaries come in at Lv 50-60.
>ONE (1) Lucky Egg unless you do some stupid shit where you restart your save and speedrun back up, trading the Lucky Egg over each time. (Or, y'know, hack it in).
>Battle Tree still cheats out the ass and is only tolerable on Multi-Battle with an IRL friend, aka THE ONLY MODE YOU CAN'T SCOUT IN, defeating the entire point of the Legacy Trainers.
>Over half of the megas aren't in the game, and the ones can be found are almost entirely behind the Battle Tree, with a single exception.
>No new megas, which would be fine for showing off the new mechanic, except...
>Z-Moves are underwhelming. Most of them are garbage, require garbage moves, or are strictly inferior to other item choices. The BP on the damage Z-Moves is too low (capping at roughly 300~450 for non-exclusive legendary signature moves), and the buffs from Status Z-Moves is barely 2 stages most of the time.
>The exclusive Z-Moves are all completely shit outside of their animations, and oftentimes branch from shitty moves. In the case of Pikanium Z, it's completely inferior to Light Ball Pikachu.
>Rarity of both items and pokemon is staggeringly high for what I can only assume is some half-baked attempt at artificially prolonging the run time of the game.
>Festival Plaza and everything tied to it.
>Customization is a massive downgrade from Gen VI, which is extra frustrating because of how ORAS didn't even HAVE it, meaning that the fashion craving is still unsatisfied.
>:^) every cutscene forever.
>Almost all of the Alolan pokemon are useless, even casually. Most of the ones that aren't are legendaries.
>>
The player character's stupid dead inside face.
>>
>>31197864
I wish they'd get rid of songs for bikes or whatever general term we use for bikes/rider pokemon.
>>
>>31200676
>>31200877
In that case don't forget

>Guzma just vanishes from the game if you have Sun because lol exclusive Battle Tree trainers
>>
>>31201940
Man, so many scenes in the game just felt so off because the MC is just a blank slate.
I understand that it's not a bad thing to make your MC plain so the player can project onto him/her more, but he has to be more than a literal fucking robot or his inclusion in the plot feels unreal.
I know the game is about battling, but the plot is about more than that and the MC doesn't reflect that like all the other characters do, so he may as well not be there.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.