[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>turn on game >check Pelago >do lotteries in Faggot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 15

File: 1341890971926.jpg (17KB, 232x197px) Image search: [Google]
1341890971926.jpg
17KB, 232x197px
>turn on game
>check Pelago
>do lotteries in Faggot Plaza
>battle Morimoto
>...

Welp guess I'm done for the day...great game...
>>
>online is full tapu and ub câncer no matter what format you play
>>
There's more to the quality of the game than just daily events

That said, it's still shit
>>
You forgot:
>fight E4 again to see who challenges you this time
>get shit on by Battle Royal/Battle Tree cancer
>>
turn me on OP
>>
>>31196106
You forgot using your daily 3 festival tickets.

But honestly, what's the point after reaching level 30?
>>
You say as if the other games have better things to do.
>>
>>31196312
Literally every game that comes after the "first" of a generation has better and more things to do. Even ORAS, as disappointing as it was, has far more postgame than SM.
>>
File: 1475178486484.jpg (215KB, 1067x1039px) Image search: [Google]
1475178486484.jpg
215KB, 1067x1039px
>>31196312
>turn on HGSS
>play some Voltorb flip
>go to the lottery at the mall to look if i can win a TM
>pick up some apricots and bring them to Kurt, ordering some pokeballs while i receive the ones i previously asked for
>use some other apricons to prepare some of my pokemon to fight the pokeatlhon
>go the bug catching contest to see if i can win some stones
>go the battle frontier and try to collect all gold symbols
>go the wi-fi plaza to play some (real) minigames
>other various daily events
>>
>>31196158
Whatever happen to custom battles? Can't you make a format without tapus and ubs?
>>
>>31196312
Yes they do

>>31196432
>do Buena's Password
>check the horde for the day
>do the second lottery at the Radio Tower
>get more seals from the girl in Olivine
>check what shops are in Goldenrod Tunnel today
>do the Trainer House battle

what went fucking right lads?
>>
>>31196432
>turn on Emerald
>cry as I remeber I've never gotten a gold symbol outside the Tower after all these years and a competent competitive player
>>
>train a decidueye
>shiny hunt a beldum
>shiny hunt a riolu

what went right?
>>
>>31196682
>B-but these are the worst games ever!
>>
>>31196432
>>31196682
So outside Voltorb Flip and Pokeathlon, things that you can basically do in SM too.

Ok.
>>
File: 375.jpg (50KB, 512x512px)
375.jpg
50KB, 512x512px
>>31196786

>he didn't get gold in the battle pike
>>
File: Carlos strikes again.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Carlos strikes again.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
>>31196827
>apricorn balls
>SM
pick ONE
>>
File: 1457353988319.jpg (56KB, 500x281px)
1457353988319.jpg
56KB, 500x281px
>>31196827
yeah buddy. Sure
>>
>>31196999
checked
>>
>>31196827
>Bug Catching COntest
>seals
>Frontier
>Buena's Password
>hordes
>Daily Drawing Corner
>>Apricorn Trees
>SM
>>
File: 5e5.png (47KB, 200x202px) Image search: [Google]
5e5.png
47KB, 200x202px
>>31196827
>>
File: 1482379554761.jpg (41KB, 532x343px) Image search: [Google]
1482379554761.jpg
41KB, 532x343px
>>31196999
>>
>>31196243

Battle Tree is fun though. Royal can fuck off.
>>
File: 2017 Lyra.png (101KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2017 Lyra.png
101KB, 300x300px
>>31196827
get a load of this guy
>>
>>31196106
I just realised that Goldenrod City and the places next to it alone has more to do in it than all of Alola.
>>
>>31197135

>you can visit the pelago in hgss
>you can plant berry fields in hgss
>you can wondertrade in hgss
>you can develop the plaza in hgss
>>
>>31196432
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE what happened? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>31197170
no pelago analog but
>Berry Pots
>GTS
>Wifi Plaza
>>
>>31196158
well in free doubles all i see is level 45 minimkyuus and garchomp.
>>
>>31196294
Changing that fucking loud jazz to Seafolk theme
>>
>>31196432
>>31196682
>People literally count things like Buena's Password and Apricorn Balls as post-game
This takes "scraping the bottom of the barrel" to a whole new level.
>>
>>31197411
This thread talks about daily events retard. Things available to you to do when opening up the game each day.

I like SM, but after beating the game, not much is there for you to do after a while. Especially since I maced out all my Pelago places
>>
>>31197411
if those can't be mentioned that means SM takes "scraping the bottom of the barrel" to a whole new level
>>
> inject 1000 mons
> Abuse bros online with my hackmons
> Use megas that aren't even in the game yet
> Stare at my glorious shiny collection for hours
> Playing with my shiny UB's on refresh

What went so right bros?
>>
>>31197170
S-SHUT UP IT HAS M-MUH PRECIOUS BATTLE FRONTIER IT'S PERFECT IN EVERY WAY
>>
>>31197031
>catching Pokemon
>got me there
>battle facility
>wow it's fucking nothing
>plaza lotteries
>got me there
>>
>>31197803
you sure showed him
>>
>>31197005
>>31197050
>>31197105
Nice reaction images with thoughtful arguments.

>can have all the fucking lotteries i want, plus the official one in Hau'oli
>can't get apricorns or Johto balls, but can get my mons to search rare items while i give them beans
>use other beans to boost my mon's EXP to train them faster plus bonuses
>go at Buffet and fight how much i want until i tire of it
>go at every restaurant and eat for a good number of free heart scales by NPCs
>fight at Battle Tree to earn my stamps
>>go the wi-fi plaza to play some minigames(apparently they have to have unique graphics to be minigames)
>check daily Island Scan mon
>go earn money by throwing cucumbers
>get my rare biscuit
>fight Morimoto

>other various daily events
>>
>>31198022
You said the stuff can be "basically" done in SM, and your reply is talking about unrelated things.
>>
>>31196106

Some games just end you know. It's okay to not play a game forever. Go out and enjoy your life.
>>
>>31198022
>check daily island scan mon
>he actually thing the island is worthy of being called a "feature"

it's literally a worse fucking dexnav and the pokemon selection is barren
it's also an equivalent of swarms, actually most of the stuff you described have some sort of equivalent so i'm not sure what you're trying to prove here
>>
>>31197840
>>31198022
A specific mini game is the same as just catching Pokemon? One facility is equal to one plus 4 more? I have no reply to that so I'll call it nothing?
>>
>>31198174
>and the pokemon selection is barren
Like swarms.

>actually most of the stuff you described have some sort of equivalent
No way? "you can do X in Y, and you can do something like A in B", of course i only listed things that were equivalent to the ones mentioned in those posts. The only thing i brought out of nowhere was Pyukumuku chucking.
>>
>>31198203
Yeah a specific minigame where you have to catch Pokemon.

While much worse than Frontier, at least you have to actually try to win for the first half of the Battle Tree and can't get to the second half "for free".
>>
Are you intentionally being facetious? A game with rules, a winning state, competitors, prizes and a set location is equivalent to catching Pokemon in a random route, because in both cases you're catching Pokemon?

And the Tree should be comparable to only the Tower then.
>>
>>31197539
And that doesn't make those daily events any good. There was no real reason to play the Bug Catching Contest after the first time, nobody took Seals seriously, and symbols were never daily tasks.

Also, if I wanted to play minigames I'd go on Newgrounds and play something there instead. They're basically the same quality.

Why do you need to go back to it daily anyway? It's not going to penalize you for failing to have perfect attendance.
>>
>>31198229
>of course i only listed things that were equivalent to the ones mentioned in those posts

fair enough but even then but my point was that besides the usual daily events SM have very little to offer that makes me want to go back
there's so much that could've been done, like they could've done pokemon races now that they refined pokemon riding or anything really
stuff like pokepelago is fine but you can't advertise your game saying "woah look in SM you get click and wait 24h until the RNG decides to random shit!"
>>
>>31196106
Stars will fix it ;)
>>
>>31198580
You also can't advertise it by saying "You can do the same shit you did last gen, but with a new coat of paint". Ever heard of novelty?

And postgames have always been crap; if it's not a battle tower knockoff, it's an extra dungeon that should've been in the main game tacked on with a legendary that's just...there for no reason, or a handful of monotonous tasks whose rewards are just barely enough to justify the effort.
>>
who the frick is morimoto
>>
>>31198544
>Being this much of a contrarian

Enjoy your shit taste famalam
>>
>>31198544
"good" is subjective. And a defense commonly used for SM. You're basically saying it doesnt count because you dont like it

It has less new pokemon, less towns, less dungeons, less minigames, etc

And the reply is always something that varies from person to person and is in no way definitive. That it's fine because the ones in SM are good in a way the ones in other games arent, or that the thing to do was bad all along, apparently.

The Bug Catching Contest had several exclusive Bug Types, and got more in postgame. The prize was a Shed Shell that can only be gotten there, or several Evolutionary Stones.

>>31198669
even if you think the postgames are bad, that really isnt an excuse for any game's postgame being more bad.
>>
>>31198669
>You also can't advertise it by saying "You can do the same shit you did last gen, but with a new coat of paint"
and what does this have to do with my post?
>>
>>31198813
probably a defense for why features dont return
>>
>>31198832
ok but i was the one asking for new features like Pokemon Races and stuff so...
>>
>>31198722
I'd prefer that they just extend their main game instead for a change, because I honestly don't trust them to make a good postgame that doesn't rely on either repetitive tasks or a Battle Tower knockoff. Even the extra dungeons can only jump between the two extremes of "single room with Legendary in it" and "stupidly large with puzzles that are simultaneously tedious and insulting to one's intelligence, and full of a few dozen Pokemon you've already caught three or four times over in addition to the legend". For fuck's sake, would it kill them to make all dungeons have entirely different Pokemon instead of cramming in approximately a few million Zubat in each one?

I'm not saying it as an excuse, merely a statement of fact. If you want a good postgame, you won't find it with GF. Try romhacks instead.

If you want my reply, it's that quality should be more important than quantity. I do not understand why having a ton of content which varies from good to decent to crap is somehow better than a smaller amount of content whose quality is consistently good.

I was somewhat disappointed by the number of new Pokemon too, but you have to remember they're going to be adding to that number sparingly now that they're reaching the 1000-mark. They know they can only inflate the number of Pokemon so far before it becomes impractical for them to work with. In any case, SM isn't perfect but it was the best they could do with what they had.

>>31198856
Maybe they thought it couldn't be executed right, or didn't want to waste time developing it. I'm not a mind reader, I'm just trying to suss out rational explanations. In any event, Pokemon riding needs to be more than HMs with the serial numbers filed off to be fleshed out into a whole subgame. If you played the FP minigames that use Tauros and Machamp (don't, by the way), you'd know what I mean.
>>
>>31198913
>it's that quality should be more important than quantity
that obviously isn't the case for SM, neither quality or quantity belongs to these games
>>
File: 1483338535045.jpg (7KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
1483338535045.jpg
7KB, 276x183px
>>31196999
>>
File: 1478300693496.jpg (170KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1478300693496.jpg
170KB, 640x480px
>>31196106
Is your Dex completed?
Have you finished teambuilding for your meta of choice?
Have you caught every shiny available in the game?
Have you beaten every part of the Battle Tree?
Have you done your Island Scan for the day?

Try harder, fag.
>>
>>31199214
island scan is shit and only rewards like 12 pokemon, no need to do it more than required.
how the fuck is catching a shiny of every pokemon considered content? holy shit your mind is broken
>>
>>31199226
Point is that there's always something to do.
If you're bored, that's your problem.
>>
>>31196294

> using your daily 3 festival tickets
> using
>>
>>31199102
>neither quality or quantity belongs to these games

Nice opinions, anon.

The fact that I don't need to ruin one of my Pokemon with moves it will never use in battle or take up a slot with a bibarel again is in itself a massive step up in quality for me, and one that all the minigames in the franchise can't match up to.

But if I had to change things, I'd make the dungeons slightly longer on average. Not quite as long as Vast Poni Canyon, but longer than they are now. Why people seem to love trudging through Zubat-infested shitholes so much, I don't know. But if nothing else they should be entertaining shitholes without so many fucking bats in them.

Also, scrap the Battle Tower format in favor of sets of battles akin to the Pokemon Stadium/Colosseum games, with gradually increasing difficulty as opposed to the AI jumping from braindead to knowing exactly what to pick to screw your team over. The tower mode would be limited to an unlockable and only available after clearing the hardest set of battles.

>>31199226
I believe his point is that you don't need the game to spoonfeed you the reasons to continue playing. If you don't feel like playing one day, just stop. It won't be going anywhere.
>>
>>31198913
> I do not understand why having a ton of content which varies from good to decent to crap is somehow better than a smaller amount of content whose quality is consistently good.
When there is more content, there is a higher chance of more being fun for more people. We arent looking at a situation where GF has objectively delivered lesser content that ended up all being good, because in my opinion, HGSS and BW2 both has the most content and the best content. I hate the Royal Dome and the Festival Plaza and the Battle Tree doesnt even match up to the Battle Tower alone, content wise.

Even in your example, I orefer the one where I get both the good and decent content, and I can ignore the crap, which may appeal to someone else, to the one where I have a small amount of good alone.

>I'd prefer that they just extend their main game instead for a change, because I honestly don't trust them to make a good postgame
I just disagree with this, because they have done it before. At least for me. There is a very definite change between Gens 2 to 5 and 6 to 7.

I dont mind the number of Alola mons at all, and was actually oping for this many. I was just using it in my example
>>
>>31196243
>fight E4 again to see who challenges you this time

at least they bothered making different challengers with different teams
>>
>>31199226
Yet you see people defend swarms in this very thread.
>>
>>31199277
>I prefer the one where I get both the good and decent content, and I can ignore the crap, which may appeal to someone else, to the one where I have a small amount of good alone.

The crap can't always be ignored, especially when it makes up most of the postgame. Plus, I'd like to note that all that content only seems to show up in remakes and third versions for a reason: because otherwise you're just buying a game you already have again.

I couldn't even finish HG/SS entirely because it felt like I was just playing GSC all over again- walking Pokemon and better graphics couldn't make up for that.

Same with B2W2, though at least back then the inherent quality was good enough to justify completing it all- too many of the new features felt like things they had cut from BW for the sole purpose of justifying the new games being set in the same region with the same gym leaders and Pokemon. In isolation it would've been praiseworthy, but when taken into acount with the existing games it would've been better to just delay BW in order to put all those features into those games instead. Odds are that if Stars is real, its new features will be no different in that regard.

And I'd prefer to have a lot of content that was all of high quality, but let's be realistic. Even if GF was capable of that, they've only got so much time and money. Things have to be cut to reach deadlines, and things that they thought sounded good on paper tend to come out badly in practice.

As an aside on the Battle Facilities, how is it that I seem to be the only person on /vp/ who can look back at them and say they were overrated? In retrospect, they all behaved more or less identically to the Battle Towers, right down to using the same lineups of Pokemon. It would have been far better to refine just the Tower alone instead of creating six/four different knockoffs differing only by a single shoehorned gimmick that barely even worked. (I'm looking at you, Battle Palace.)
>>
>>31196827

ayy lmao
>>
>>31199576
At least use a reaction image if you have to samefag.
>>
>>31199602
>multiple people can't think my post was dumb
>>
>>31196488
say no more f.am
>>31182139
>>
>>31199255
>le that's just your opinion

i'm not going to act like i didn't enjoy pokeride, the totem battles etc. but overall you'd be the fucking blindest person in existence to deny that SM aren't full of flaws
most feature like the festival plaza, hyper training, pokefinder ended up being shit, the story... is kind of cool because finally we get something different from "le evil team is trying to take over the world with the legendaries xD" but all the parrallel universe shit is something they really hyped up along with the UBs and i'm pretty sure i don't need to explain how that turned out (and nothing really happens until the end of the third island)
Also the problem is not just that the dungeons need to be longer, it's just that most areas are really fucking boring level design wise anways, the "more natural looking world" could've helped make more creative dungeons but they barely took advantage of that
>>
>>31199571
>I'd like to note that all that content only seems to show up in remakes and third versions
GS had Kanto (substantial when using the standards at the time)
DP had the whole Battle Zone, just without the frontier and money sink house.
BW had eastern Unova, with the Black City Battles, the Riches, the Cynthia battle, Abyssal Ruins and extra routes and towns in general.

That is still more substantial than what recent Gens have.

>The crap can't always be ignored, especially when it makes up most of the postgame.
which is why having less content is a bad idea because that crap ratio is a lot more damaging now

And I disagree. BW felt like full games, and BW2 were much better games. Even with no third version, XY does not feel complete. Neither does SM. We're 20 years into the franchise and so it should be acceptable to expect the games dont need two tries to feel that way.

>As an aside on the Battle Facilities, how is it that I seem to be the only person on /vp/ who can look back at them and say they were overrated?
because its just a different (and unpopular) opinion. It's not that you are the rational one, you just disagree on something.

I cant really comment on being unable to finish HGSS/BW2 because of how similar it feels, that's just your experience. But I have to say I didnt feel that at all.
>>
>>31199640
They can, but they could at least read BOTH the posts and ayy lmao at both of them
>>
>>31196432
>playing Voltorb flip
I cringed
>>
>>31199810
I'm not denying it, contrary to what you think. I am, however, pointing out it was still a fine game despite those flaws. It's like their existence somehow obliterates every single thing they did right for so many people and that since it's not perfect, it must be terrible by definition.

All of the stuff could've been implemented better, but at least it was implemented at all. Indeed, I'm certain that the UB stuff was deliberately clipped down for some reason; most likely, it's going to be part of the third game or future generations. All that aside, I've never played the games for the story and have no expectations for said story beyond "here's your pokemon, now go and work to be champion".

I can't argue against the areas either, though from my perspective design is just window dressing compared to the gameplay; as long as that is sound, everything else is a minor issue. However, I will say that I think they did well enough with Lush Jungle, since it's the first time they've tried a rainforest area.
>>
>>31200004
t. sucks at puzzles

Commit sudoku
>>
>>31200062
The Battle Zone in Sinnoh is a rainforest area.
>>
>>31200062
continued

>>31199834
I know of all those things, but back then they felt like barren filler that basically screamed "PLACEHOLDER CONTENT FOR SHIT WE CUT OUT".

Kanto was nice as a shoutout, but its incompleteness showed through. It took HGSS just to render it into an acceptable state. Remember how it completely removed Viridian Forest and Cerulean Cave?
DP's Battle Zone felt empty save for the frontier and Stark Mountain, and the latter was just filler for Heatran in my eyes.

The vast majority of eastern Unova had no reason to even be in the postgame save as padding. They demonstrated that it could all have been integrated just fine in B2W2, and their failure to do so in BW just shows they wanted to minimize effort to get it out the door faster.

I'm still sticking to quality over quantity as my argument, since it's a basic fact that you can either have a lot of mediocre content, or a smaller amount of better content overall. The ideal is obviously having both quality and quantity, but GF doesn't have the time or the money to make everything fantastic. If they need to cut some things out to make the rest better or to get it released on time, so be it. That's just the way it is.

XY felt complete enough for me to play it for well over a year with no major complaints, and SM feels plenty complete to me as well. Are we just defining "complete" differently? (BTW, I did finish B2W2- that was still substantial enough to feel like more than just a remake, albeit more for its main game than its postgame.)

>>31200097
Was it? When I went through it, it looked like just another generic forest route. Only thing different to me was the shape of the trees, and that didn't exactly suffice to create a "jungle" aesthetic given how much it looked like all the other forest routes.
>>
File: 1482086802938.jpg (16KB, 365x346px)
1482086802938.jpg
16KB, 365x346px
>>31200078
clever
>>
>>31200004
That was the death knell of the game corner. It being removed after gen 4 was actually an improvement compared to that abortion.
>>
>>31196106
We will be getting another game this year right? SM's postgame is almost as boring as XY's and that's adding that SM has pretty much no replayability.
>>
>>31200224
If we do, then that reflects horribly on GF. It'll be too early for a full-length game to be developed and at the same time confirm that SM was a rushed hackjob
>>
>>31200224
Seriously, when have the postgames ever been good? Johto's the only decent one, and that's because its "postgame" is half the fucking game.

>>31200259
Remember it only took about two years to make B2W2, and I don't see anyone calling BW rushed hackjobs.
>>
>>31199246

> Guys there's lots to do in this town, like churn butter and dig ditches. How do you not find this fun?

Amish mentality.
>>
>>31200321
>how do you live without constant mindless tasks you barely even like doing?

City slicker mentality
>>
>>31200285
>and that's because its "postgame" is half the fucking game.

So do it again!
>>
>>31200362
If I wanted to play in Kanto that badly, I'd replay RBY or FRLG. It would've been better to make Johto a little less barren.
>>
>>31200165
>I'm still sticking to quality over quantity as my argument
I dont disagree that quality is better, but I will still say GF hasnt really proven that they do better with less in my eyes. so for me, less content is always worse.

I dont think GSC Kanto is particularly great now, but at the time, it is pretty great. But I cant rate it higher than many things with all the cut stuff.

>Are we just defining "complete" differently?
Certainly possible. I look at BW2 and while I do think BW could have had those things, it didnt need them. It still felt like the game was as full game. It doesnt feel like things are missing. I dont think they really proved they could in BW2, as adding them also left us with Iccirus being removed and Black City's content all being unavailable until postgame anyways.

the other two did feel this way though. The little things start piling up. a great example for me being that we play the Battle ROyal during the story, but when I go back to it, everyone is level 50 and it's pretty much unplayable until you beat the game anyways. That instantly felt like them failing to implement an earlier mode, or needing SOMETHING to put in the main game or we'd have even less. Stuff like that makes them feel incomplete.

As for the other thing, they were """tropical""" trees, and between that, the tropical theme of the area overall and the volcano, it felt super rainforest-like to me

>>31200222
nothing is better than something because I didnt like it

>>31200285
repeatedly saying you find postgames bad wont magically change other people's minds
>>
>>31200432
>I dont disagree that quality is better, but I will still say GF hasnt really proven that they do better with less in my eyes. so for me, less content is always worse.

Yes, but they've failed to convince me that they can do better with more either. Either way, they need to learn how to prioritize resources in development better.

>the other two did feel this way though. The little things start piling up. a great example for me being that we play the Battle ROyal during the story, but when I go back to it, everyone is level 50 and it's pretty much unplayable until you beat the game anyways. That instantly felt like them failing to implement an earlier mode, or needing SOMETHING to put in the main game or we'd have even less. Stuff like that makes them feel incomplete.

I considered it to be a tutorial to the mode more than anything else. Not the best alternate battle type, but triple and rotation battles were rendered impossible because apparently the trainer model is treated as the "third pokemon" on each side of the field and they couldn't fix the code in time to re-implement triple and rotation battles. Unfortunate, but if nothing else it will let them avoid the issue in the future.
>repeatedly saying you find postgames bad wont magically change other people's minds

What do you want me to do, break down the exact shortcomings of each of them and how they could have been improved?

>nothing is better than something because I didnt like it

In all seriousness, the anti-gambling laws in the EU would've made future Game Corners hopelessly gutted at best. Given a choice between keeping the GC in a recognizable state or no longer being able to legally sell the games to kids in Europe, GF's choice is understandable.
>>
>>31200062
they're fine games indeed... as first gen entries, the problem is that gen 6 was pretty luckluster and after 2 years of waiting (usually what it takes to make the third version) with all that foreshadowing, all this "it all comes togheter!" and they manage to dare to shit out this fucking mess that just ain't fucking fair, i could stay here all night listing the disappointments and wasted potentials of the game, from zygarde being just relegated to a "collect all the glowing stuff in the ground" to looker quest being somehow worse than the one in XY

If GameFreak has no more intention of making third versions then they should stop releasing game every 1/2 years and spend their time creating a complete and final product that contains much more than the usual staples battle tower clone, breeding etc. so that things like DP will happen no more
>>
idk, i'm grinding battle tree and plaza and pelago and breeding and battling online and filling dex
but yeah guess you need 7 different looking battle facilities where RNG takes your anal virginity
>>
>>31196106
kek
>>
>>31200638
>What do you want me to do, break down the exact shortcomings of each of them and how they could have been improved?
I dont mind if you have that opinion, I just dont think it's a very substantial rebuttal to someone who disagrees.

>Either way, they need to learn how to prioritize resources in development better.
I agree here. Actually, I understand you in general, so I'm not really arguing with you and more just stating my points. I do think GF does better with more, but they are definitely still incompetent.

I love Voltorb Flip. But I dont mind the lack of a Game Corner. But I DO think that what they did in HGSS was a real plus.

>>31200639
I also just expected a lot more from the 20th anniversary games
>>
File: Seriously.png (936KB, 644x644px) Image search: [Google]
Seriously.png
936KB, 644x644px
>>31198022
>Thoughtful arguments
>>
>>31200639
As I mentioned, I feel it's perfectly complete in its current state. Sparse in some places, but the improvements made outweigh the flaws thus far. However, I will be the first to note if this ever changes.

I'd like them to jam in more content, but unlike us they have to worry about deadlines, costs, getting the game out on time, and of course doing what the executives say they should do. You just have to remember that they can only do so much with what they have.

Zygarde's altforms should've been left in the anime, IMO. There was no reason to bring it to Alola other than to make a quick cash-in on XYZ.

>>31200740
> I just dont think it's a very substantial rebuttal to someone who disagrees.

If I made it substantial, I'd probably be here all night. I can however give TL;DR versions of what went wrong with the non-Tower Battle Frontier facilities in Gen 3.

>Battle Palace: Natures' connection to Pokemon AI is never explained clearly. Many natures put too much emphasis on "Defense" type moves. Tendency for AI to try and select a category it doesn't have makes it tedious overall.
>Battle Factory: Though my personal favorite, a bad initial selection of available Pokemon can cripple an entire run. In the case of Emerald, battle style information needs outside info to clarify what it means which most people at the time probably would have no way of knowing without strategy guides.
>Battle Pyramid: No good reason to use wild Pokemon in the place of Trainers. Item use is tacked on.
>Battle Dome: Not a true tournament. Pokemon used by trainers in each bracket chosen by method not used anywhere else, with no visible effect on actual gameplay.
>Battle Arena: Little more than a shortened version of the standard format. Way scoring is done makes it too simple to cheese with accuracy-reducing moves.
>Battle Tube: Overly reliant on RNG.

I didn't really consider SM to be the 20th anniversary games per se, though I can see why they'd be associated.
>>
Here is what the post game needs:

>Battle Frontier Facilities
self-explanatory
>Level Scaling Elite 4
every time you beat the Elite 4, the levels of their pokemon should increase by one. So once you beat them 20-30 times, all their pokemon are level 100. In fact, all daily rematch trainers should have teams that scale up with you, so you can have some way to battle level 100 mons.
>Safari zone
friend safari was the best mode, but any other safari would be better than what we got in Alola
>Pokethalon
we should be able to compete online, too
>Gambling
Voltorb Flip or some other puzzle game to make money in-game
>>
>>31201649
Level scaling would be shit unless you could select which levels you want
>>
>>31201274
>Zygarde
>not the shitty OC Greninja
>>
>>31201747
It's not any better in that respect. They should stop shilling the anime in the games, it's supposed to be the other way around.
>>
>>31201649
>Battle Frontier Facilities
Get rid of all the old ones, make new ones instead. Make them all more than just "Battle Tower plus X".
>Pokethalon
Only if they can elevate it beyond the level of a glorified flash game
>Voltorb Flip or some other puzzle game to make money in-game
That's not even gambling. At least do some kind of simplified poker or something so it would have a reason to be in a casino.
>Safari Zone
Don't encourage them to lock Pokemon behind minigames, remember how annoying it was to get Chansey or Tauros back in the day?
>Level scaling
As per >>31201702, there's more than one way to scale- to your strongest pokemon, to your weakest one, to the average of your team's levels, etc. Even then, it'll be meaningless if the AI is still incapable of anything more complex than "use super-effective moves".
>>
>>31201274
I'd say the improvements and flaws are pretty equal. Especially the flaws with online. Losing HMMs were fine but it was never a big deal for me because the games I like (HGSS and BW2) werent very HM heavy anyways

and too much feels too sparce for me to say this. It's pretty much the smallest region, yet it's still really empty. The teams are too small. the trials were too empty. It felt like more could have been added to pretty much every aspect of the games.

I liked them enough, but its like, a 7/10. Maybe 8.
>>
>>31202635
I would give them 8.5 at the lowest, 9 or so tops. As I said, not the best they've done but it's a step in the right direction.

And teams haven't been large for...how long again? I forget how long since any game had a full set of 6 Pokemon on a trainer that wasn't either a champion or one of those fishermen with an all-Magikarp team.

Trials were good enough, though I question why they did 7 instead of 8. I can only assume it was deadline issues or something. I hope that we will see modified versions of the Totems being used in future installments; it was more interesting than just fighting another Gym Leader, probably because the Totem AI actuallly seemed to be intelligent and that the SOS partners were chosen in a manner that either emphasized the totem's strengths or covered its weaknesses (e.g. Totem Lurantis calling in Castform to use Sunny Day, Totem Wishiwashi using Alolomola's Heal Pulse to keep it in School Form longer, etc.). By comparison, Gym Leaders were more or less just trainers with slightly better teams and unique appearances.
>>
>>31196106
I know how you feel.
I paid £30 for this game. I want £30 worth of content.
>>
File: 1482789919587-vp.jpg (59KB, 500x500px)
1482789919587-vp.jpg
59KB, 500x500px
>>31196106
>he doesn't battle tree
>>
>>31202891
Idk, compared to modern standards these games give good value
>>
>>31202804
Even if I dont get six pokemon, being in the postgame and seeing no trainer with more than 2 pokemon is very jarring and I dont like it.

Totems were good, but Trials were just a short path directly to the Totems, and werent interesting at all.

I'd say it's a step in the right direction, but only compared to Gen 6.

I personally cant imagine giving the games a 9.
>>
>>31203135
Last routes had some good challenges in terms of the amount of pokemon
>>
>>31203181
Yeah, though it would be nice if GF started employing full teams more. They've gotta remember that not everyone who plays their games is a little kid now, and even the kids are smarter than they used to be.
>>
>>31199214

>1st gen is full of post game content, you can catch all the available pokemon with perfect IVs

You are retarded
>>
>>31203509
IVs didn't even exist in their current state, and the postgame was the Unknown Dungeon and E4 a few dozen times.
>>
>>31204286

>IVs didn't even exist in their current state

yeah, so? Even if it was different they exists
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.