[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this supposed to be a dungeon? The presence of the NPCs outside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: wela volcano.jpg (64KB, 728x433px) Image search: [Google]
wela volcano.jpg
64KB, 728x433px
Was this supposed to be a dungeon? The presence of the NPCs outside of the cave entrances and the healer at the top seemed fishy to me, like they scrapped a whole section of the game last minute.
>>
knowing gamefreak, probably
>>
File: 1411671845482.jpg (8KB, 181x213px) Image search: [Google]
1411671845482.jpg
8KB, 181x213px
>the way out was longer than the way in
>>
>>31192519
A lot of areas felt this way to me.
That red flower meadow only had two patches where you can actually walk through said flowers. What was the point of that?
>>
>>31192519
I saved before entering the cave telling myself "well it's probably going to be a large cave to climb on top of the volcano"

And then I've been teleported directly on top of it. What a disappointment.

Same for the "Victory Road", thought it would be a large cave, it wasn't.

> inb4 Poni Canyon is the Victory Road
No fuck off, it's like saying Mt. Coronet is Sinnoh's Victory Road since they have the same purpose in game (lead to the legendary events).
>>
>>31192903
People have to call Vast Poni Canyon VR just for being the only substantial dungeon in the whole game. But yeah, its closer to Whirl Islands than VR. And the real VR sucked.

>>31192519
I legitimately feel similar about this game than I do about Gen 6. It feels like stuff was left out a lot, either intentionally or unintentionally. It turned out better than XY but that didn't stop the game from feeling this way, and I hate how the games feel so now.
>>
>>31192519
I thought I'd be walking into a lava-filled cave or something, but nope. I was sad.
>>
>>31193208
I was super excited for full 3D volcano cave.
>>
>>31192903

Alola doesn't have a Victory Road

Poni Canyon is because it leads you to the final Island Trial

Alola doesn't follow the same standards as other regions, they don't suddenly have a preparation of a league that just got built
>>
File: sins of the leakers.png (609KB, 2396x1280px) Image search: [Google]
sins of the leakers.png
609KB, 2396x1280px
Yet another victim of Leakgate.

Imagine if the original starters hadn't been leaked, and GF hadn't been rushed to change 9 whole Pokemon. What could we have gotten?
>>
>>31192903
Sinnoh had a victory road. Poni Canyon is Alola's victory road because it serves the same purpose from a design standpoint. It's a massive dungeon filled with powerful enemies that is a story requirement to reach the final boss of the game's story (the Elite Four). The fact that it is also where you meet the box legendary and take out the leader of the evil team is just streamlining.
>>
>>31192519
Alola did notible scrap for time, but nothing at least felt half assed like in gen 6
>>
>>31194114
neck yourself for unironically believing these lines
"it just gets bigger" isn't how GF makes starters anymore, richard.
>>
>>31194074
Lanakila literally means Victory

>>31194637
When it can be compared to dungeons in other regions that also have Victory Roads, it isn't one
>>
>>31194712
>Richard
You mean HazelDex. Richard is the 'Pokedex is canon' guy.
>>
>>31194114
these designs are all fucking trash
>>
>>31194712
>>31194751
Sorry, I forgot I was dealing with literal shit eating children here. Stay retarded, /vp/
>>
>>31194637
>Poni Canyon is Victory Road
don't spread this around someone's going to end up believing you
>>
>>31194765
please, be so delighted as to post any kind of substantial proof or explanation that those were the "real" designs, ignoring the fact that roothoot is 4 years old
>>
>>31194815
It's easy enough to see just based on the designs, retard. The abominations we got look nothing like Pokemon and more like hasty commissions from Deviantart (more than likely the real scenario). How's not being able to infer going for you?
>>
>>31194833
so basically, you dislike the designs GF made so complain by posting a series of fake starters that do not follow any kind of design trend other than "it gets bigger"
>>
>>31194114
>>31194765
>>31194833
(You)
>>
>>31194849
>fake

There's that word again
>>
>>31194833
>The abominations we got look nothing like Pokemon and more like hasty commissions from Deviantart

Like all of the Gen IV pokemon?
>>
Sun/Moon feels very incomplete in general.
>>
>>31194883
You sound very insecure, making assumptions like that
>>
>>31194859
yes, "fake" means "not real", if you didn't know. as in, these designs were not really designed by gamefreak at all, since they obviously contrast the way starters are done.
>>
>>31194905
Ah yes thank you John Gamefreak for telling me how starters are made just to shitpost.
>>
File: starters1.png (3MB, 4032x2528px) Image search: [Google]
starters1.png
3MB, 4032x2528px
>>31194924
it's not shitposting
>>
>>31194950
you sure showed everyone with that mspaint comic
>>
File: starters2.png (3MB, 4098x3058px) Image search: [Google]
starters2.png
3MB, 4098x3058px
>>31194924
>>31194950
>>
>>31192519
>>31192862
they're saving the expansions for Pokémon Stars. just you wait
>>
>>31194950
Wait.....

Did Asian mist end up becoming something?
>>
>>31194988
not really, unfortunately, aside of incineroar's savage spin out
>>
>>31194114
Roothoot and Cubble aren't cute.

>>31194950
So Greninja (no bubbles) and Samurott (quapedal) are fake too?
>>
>>31192519
Sophocles' trial being bootstrapped from nothing and his lab being totally empty despite the two halls also screamed missing content. I'm sure the original trial was something bland but that at least required you to go to the two other rooms and fight a chargabug each before vikavolt showed up
>>
>>31195015
the examples you posted are actually great examples of why the roothoot shit is fake
samurott continues to emphasize on the shell part and dewott's warrior part instead of being "dewott but bigger"
greninja uses froakie's speed instead of "more bubbles" ala "frogadier but bigger"
step the game up
>>
>>31194833

>Ask for proof
>CAN'T YOU TELL, IT'S FUCKING OBVIOUS

Just fucking kill yourself you stupid fuck. I can't believe there are people this gullible and stupid, but then again, this is /vp/.
>>
>>31195132
>durr hurr I can't think for myself, everything GF tells me is true, please cut more content!!!!
>>
ITT We're really fucking bored so let's reply to every single bait
>>
>>31194893
I agree

>>31195029
That's a new one, but a good point. So many places seem to have more to them but don't. The hotels, the trial sites, the mountains.
>>
The golf course.
>>
>>31195511
I was hoping for a mini game like how people mention the Bug Catching Contest and we actually get to play it
>>
>>31192862
Not to mention the giant fucking ruins right next to it that serve no purpose other than giving you a Cosmog and a TM.
>>
>>31192519
Why? I felt so confused as well. It must have been unfinished. But if it were a cave, it would have been 10000 zubats and diglets.
>>
>>31197908
Yeah, it was absolutely gigantic
>>
>>31194950
>people don't expect

Lots of people predicted a bipedal fighter Litten. They were mostly trolling though.

Incineroar is unexpected in the same way going to a restaurant, ordering a steak and receiving a plate of shit is unexpected
>>
>>31194637
It isn't. It's mount Coronet.
>>
>>31192818
>>the way out was longer than the way in
>you get fly after the trial
Pretty sure most people didn't bother with the way down. I know i didn't. But i also checked it out completely before the trial.
>>
There's like a Cave entrance you cant access in Poni Meadow wassup with that
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.