[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Pikachu puts on the performance of a life time >Hawlucha

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 7

File: I didn't even want this thing.jpg (300KB, 928x718px) Image search: [Google]
I didn't even want this thing.jpg
300KB, 928x718px
>Pikachu puts on the performance of a life time
>Hawlucha and Noivern exist solely to job
>Goodra is too stupid to side step
>Talonflame goes one for one with worst bird
>Greninja spends months training its once every 1000 years super mode getting stronger and stronger every time only to job again
What did Pikachu do to deserve such a sorry excuse for a team?
>>
not run from ass when he had the chance
>>
>>31191351
You say that but they reached further than they did before making it right to the finals.
And up against stronger opponents too.

I'm all honesty this is the first loss that wasn't bullshit.
>>
>>31191370
>You say that but they reached further than they did before making it right to the finals.
The only reason Ash lost in Sinnoh was due to Tobias and his gameshark.

>I'm all honesty this is the first loss that wasn't bullshit.
Before going Mega, Charizard took a thunderbolt from Pikachu and then was magically healed for the Greninja fight
>>
File: 1467977547270.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1467977547270.webm
2MB, 640x360px
Pikachu carried the kalos team 90% of the time.

Noivern was fucking shit
Hawlucha is an attention whore
Talonflame is a regional bird shitter
Greninja is a fucking waste of time and choker
Goodra came back to be decapitated and job to slurpuff

Really makes you think.

The kalos team was so fucking shit they had to make up bullshit wins to make them look good AGAINST STOCK FOOTAGE PF ALANS EARLIER BATTLES.

Just look at this pathetic attempt to make hawlucha look good.
>Start against normal absol
>Suddenly mega
>xy is ''''''''''good'''''''''''''
>>
>>31191431
inb4 that retard who thinks Noivern could have beaten Zapdos outright pops up again
Also Hawlucha must have overall been the biggest jobber on the team, I honestly can't remember a single time it proved crucial in a major battle.
>>
>>31191453
He broke Valerie's trick room. Which was kinda of an asspull.
>>
>>31191388
>Before going Mega, Charizard took a thunderbolt from Pikachu and then was magically healed for the Greninja fight

Are we just going to ignore all the damage Pikachu took from fighting two fucking pseudos? Or for that matter beating either?
>>
>>31191351
>Greninja puts up a decent fight against a Charizard that is literally on Gameshark God Mode and impervious to any attack, even the Super Shuriken at the end
>Calls it 'jobbing'
>>
>>31191431
To be fair Hawlucha lost against that Absol in the XY movie so this was some sort of 'vengeance'. But yeah that part was massive bullshit.
>>
>>31191963
Jobbing is losing you retard, the phrase "do the job" means "you're the loser of the match".
>>
>>31191431
It's actually kind of funny that people called out the use of Blast Burn that KO Greninja is bullshit when that Mega Sceptile used Leaf Storm twice that should've beat Greninja.
>>
>>31192077
Well then I guess Greninja did a very good 'job' there.

>Alain's Charizard is still OP as fuck though
>>
>>31191920
>>31191388
Exactly, game logic doesnt fucking matter
People who go
>Well acktchually gregninja in game would be one shot by that move *insert percent* of the time
Is irrelevant. They make what they want to happen, happen. The only thing to look at is the writers and company
>>
File: hawlucha.png (455KB, 639x358px) Image search: [Google]
hawlucha.png
455KB, 639x358px
>>31191431
>>
>>31191463
>haha what do you mean? bug types >>> psychic types xD

Animefags who argued this need to kill themselves.
>>
>>31191388
Well, I had always assumed Alan was one of those trainers that had always used his starter for every fight while leaving his exp share on for the rest of his team. And since we know he's a powergamer type, he had probably also IV/EV trained his severely overleveled Charizard. He's probably posts on the Pokemon equivalent of smogon as well.
>>
Hawlucha put in effort by actually defeating a mon while still remaining active. However, Pikachu carried the team with all its might, it brought Charizard down to its fucking knees. Slaughtered both Pseudo-legendaries Tyranitar and Metagross.

Reminder that if Ash had never met Alain, he'd had won the league.
>>
>>31192748
If there are no parameters for victory how do people get engaged in these battles beyond the spectacle? It's a coinflip every time
>>
>>31193005
Please, if he never met Alan, then Tobias would come along and win the Kalos league as well.
>>
File: League Winners.png (478KB, 479x621px) Image search: [Google]
League Winners.png
478KB, 479x621px
>>31193028
Or made Swayer win the league or some random person.
>>
>>31193053
>JON DICKSON
>>
>>31193085
Might as well make it a meme that a dick win a league.
>>
File: kero.gif (187KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
kero.gif
187KB, 192x192px
>>31191351
>If G.oodra wan't there, Ash would've called his mons from the ranch
Still mad, why does it have to ruin everything?
>>
>>31191370
>reached further than they did before making it right to the finals
Irrelevant. If you don't win it doesn't matter. He didn't even get a silver trophy, he got nothing.

>stronger opponents
Only Alain, and I doubt he was stronger than Tobias. Ash was just using his Kalos shitters when his old mons would beast through his team.

The loss was bullshit from a narrative standpoint, it invalidated the entire arc for Ash.
>>
File: Angry Mexican.png (127KB, 517x355px) Image search: [Google]
Angry Mexican.png
127KB, 517x355px
>>31191351
>Hawlucha is one of the only other mons to dent Alain's team
>hurr durr he's a jobber
Fuck you amigo
>>
>>31191370
Alain's Bisharp guillotine spam was kinda bullshit. But it's the anime where type advantage and accuracy don't matter.
>>
>>31193269
>Took on a weakened Pokemon he was Super Effective against
>Then lost to a Pokemon he was 4x strong against
>>>>Not a jobber
Even fuckibng Talonflame did better.
>>
>>31193262
>The loss was bullshit from a narrative standpoint, it invalidated the entire arc for Ash.
What? Like almost every league, post original season? It's a mandate that he can't win a league. If you want to blame anyone, blame the staff for overhyping it and writing themselves into a corner. They know he can't win and yet they tried their damnest to convince gullible people into thinking he can. Anyone that has ever heard of Tobias knew Ash wasn't going to win.
>>
>>31191431
That's the same Absol that beat his ass in the movie. Should have shown it properly mega evolve though.

and I'd totally bang Astrid
>>
>>31193425
God, can you imagine how horrific of a loss his battle would have been if Pikachu wasn't there being a murderhobo?
>>
>>31193262
>The loss was bullshit from a narrative standpoint, it invalidated the entire arc for Ash
Like fuck it was. From a narrative standpoint, Alain winning made much more sense. Not only did he have a Pokemon that have went up against literal Gods and lived to tell the tale, he also had a reason for winning. He was fighting for Manon.

Compare that to Ash, who was there just for fun and people wanted him to win just because he's lost too many times.
>>
>>31193509
Peesonally, I actually wanted Ash to lose due to how much they shilled that frog.
>>
>>31193539
Same here.
>>
>>31193509
>He was fighting for Lysandre.
ftfy
Also it's not like Ash mons hadn't got their share of serious challenges.
I mean, Fletchinder evolved in fight against fucking Moltres.
Or Pikachu wrecking legends, even without type advantage.
>>
>>31193539
>>31193547
Amen.
>>
>>31193262
>his old mons would beast through his team
Doubt it. Even if he did, he'll still lose.
>>
>>31193053
How can anyone beat Tobias?
>>
>>31193509
>have generic shonen
>have MC lose to Strong Role model first time by a lot
>lose the second time very closely
>unrelated to obstacle character arc of self improvement
>battle third time in the championship
>still lose again by a hair invalidating several arcs set out of self improvement ultimately boiling down to nothing

What other medium period has done this

Like no children created shows ever

Imagine if Ash was never able to beat Paul and just said well fuck it I'm not going back to Sinnoh
>>
>Everyone forgets the gauntlet of megas

I was actually surprised Greninja lasted that long, he put up a good show
>>
>>31194903
People thought Greninja was strong because it could force Diantha to be serious, but they forget how Alan fought on equal terms with Steven.
>>
>>31192077
No it isn't you fucking retard. Jobbing means losing on purpose to hype up the opponent they just lost again.

Need to make the new big bad look strong? Have it OHKO Pikachu to make it seem super strong.

There was no reason to hype MegaZard because we know how powerful it was already. So it was just losing, not jobbing.
>>
>>31194946
>equal terms

Iirc it was stated Zard-X wasn't scratching Metagross
>>
>>31191351
Pikachu is fucking legend. He's super powerful for a Pokémon of his stats and can go up against anything.
>>
>>31194903
>restoring items after every match
That was more of Alan's test than Zard's
>>
>>31193002
> he probably posts on the Pokemon equivalent of smogon as well
Kek
>>
>throughout the entirety of XY everyone was commenting at how powerful Pikachu's thunderbolt was
>gets TWO FUCKING THUNDERBOLTS on Alain's regular Charizard
>doesn't go down

This was the most bullshit moment desu
>>
>>31194971
No, it was stated that it endured the hit

>>31194990
Game potions >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anime potions
>>
>>31193002
Alain probably went on the pokeworld equivalent of /vp/ to shitpost about how a tankzard won the league
>>
>>31195009
>Implying
>>
>>31194525
Ash is Joey Wheeler
>>
>>31195027
>Joey literally fucking passing about before beating Marik

I understand how painful it was but really?
>>
>>31195008
>Game potions >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anime potions
I don't think we got a confirmation of how strong animu ones are.
>>
Why do you people still think he can win a league?

Haven't these past 19 years (19 for the anime) taught you something?
>>
>>31195008
"Endure" doesn't necessarily imply serious damage though, and it was clear that Blast Burn barely hurt it. Hell, it stood there and tanked the attack, while Steven acted smug about it.
>>
>>31194525
>breaking the mold is bad
>>
>>31194946
No, people thought it was strong because of that stupid decision to have the fight end because Ash-Greninja fainted on its own instead of having Diantha decisively win. Seriously, in those four losses in a row, that was the absolute worst one they picked to have the fight end ambigiously.
>>
>>31195088
What lesson did Ash learn here? That he will never beat certain trainers no matter how hard he tries?
>>
>>31195007
Eh, not really. It's been established earlier in that snowy forest scene that Pikachu's Thunderbolt power is tied to its mental and emotional state. It was tired from having to carry the team.
>>
>>31195109
That he should have kept his good range alive so it would dragon pulse the charizard into a paste.
>using bide to give someone 3 free guillotines
>>
>>31195088
Sometimes the mold is there for good reason.
>>
>>31195135
I thought the real lesson here was that he has other Pokemon besides frog and that he really should have been training them instead of focusing on the frog?
>>
>>31195215
But the frog fucks good anon
>>
>>31195220
And imagine how differently things would have went if he had trained up his other Pokemon and each had won their respective battles?
>>
>>31195215
Ash is literally every 7 year old playing pokemon pre gen 6. He can't spread his focus enough to train other pokemon, so once his pal park Pikachu and starter go, he can't do anything
>>
>>31195215
Wow it's almost like Alain did exactly that
>>
>>31195088
That doesn't excuse the lousy writing they had
Lets not forget they made that dude Tobias exist
A fucking nobody that only gets mentioned that he beat all the gyms in Sinnoh with no problem with only a god damn Darkrai is dumb as shit

And even though it got defeated, the fucker has a Latios
I really hate how they cheapened the legendaries in this show, christ...
>>
>>31191431
>Absol attacks
>Misses
>Hawlucha attacks
>Absol suddenly was Mega out of nowhere
>One-shot

Nice animation error.
>>
>>31195220
10/10 reference, got my sides
>>
>>31195285
I enjoyed Tobias in the fact that he was an unstoppable force that no one could stop

But Ash using his B-team took down 2 of his legendary pokemon
>>
>>31195263
Nah, Alan left his exp share on while Ash turned it off so Greninja gets all the exp for himself. How else would Alan's other Pokemon win against Ash's?
>>
>>31191351
>outside of Metang/Metagross NO other Alain Pokemon appears outside of league.
>not even when all the world is going to shit in matter of hours
THAT'S the real question
>>
>>31195074
Obviously they do, but they're so hyped of the 20th anniversary.
>>31195376
Maybe he had them in a storage to bring them back just like Ash with Professor Oak.
>>
>>31195413
that doesn't excuse those pokemon literally vanishing in span between battle/XY group exiting the stadium.
Who the fuck boxes his team five minutes after winning a league?
>>
>Ash has a Krookodile, Infernape, Snorlax, Kingler, Charizard
>He rather use his current team
>Loses because his current team except Pikachu jobs
wew lad
>>
>>31196858
>he doesn't box his team after winning the league
>>
>Have Alain beat Ash three times
>after the Zygarde Arc, instead of letting Ash beat him, they just have Alain say that he can't beat Ash
What a fucking shitty cop-out
>>
>>31196876
>has a heracross, infernape, Krookodile, Charizard, and Quilava
>loses half of his team to a Dark/Steel
>>
>>31191351
>yfw Kalos is so easy even Ash seems competent there
>>
>>31194979
Except snivy lol
>>
>>31196937
Ash could've easily swept most of Alain's team with Infernape
>>
>>31196930
What the fuck does that even mean
>>
>>31196937
That Bisharp must have been EV/IV trained.
>>
I think the thing that bugs me the most about Alain is that stupid fucking scarf-like thing around his neck. No really, what is it?
>>
>>31197265
Just a scarf that is based on the fire that comes out the sides of Charizard X's mouth. You could say that his whole outfit is based on that mega form.
>>
>>31191431

Goodra's only loss was against Bisharp
>>
>>31194957
No you retard, that's being squashed.
>>
>>31197160
That they can't show their precious Charizard fainting
>>
>>31198152
Jobbing is being booked to lose.
Squashing is getting BTFO
>>
>>31197160
It means that despite always winning battles, Alain finds himself feeling inferior to Ash, who encompasses the happiness and wisdom that he never got under Lysandre's guidance.
>>
>>31195007
Super effective or not, its still a fucking Pikachu.
>>
>>31198202
One that 2HKO'd a Tyranitar and 3HKO'd a Metagross in the same fight.
>>
>>31198387
And this a Zard that took Precipice Blades from Primal fucking Groudon and survived.
>>
>>31198201
What a crock of shit that is
>>
>>31198419
Alain's entire storyline essentially takes apart the goal of becoming a Master piece by piece. His total focus on becoming the strongest causes him to neglect the people important in his life and be an unwitting pawn for Team Flare. He believes that beating every strong trainer would make him stronger yet finds himself helpless when actual danger arrives. He stops enjoying his wins and never considers what to do after he became the strongest, his reasons behind it constantly changing to justify his path. After he finally met Ash in the main series, Alain's personality has become friendlier and now he smiles much more often than before.
>>
>>31191370
BURASTO
>>
>>31198475
No I understand that, but I'm saying it's bullshit that they use it as an excuse to not show Ash actually beat Alain.
>>
>>31191351

Don't blame Goodra for Ash being a fucking retard that spams bide
>>
>>31199204
Blame the staff for hyping up something that they know they can't deliver then.
>>
I'm just annoyed how Alain's team wasn't completely carried by mary suezard. That was the only pokemon he was shown using, the rest of his team should have been neglected, underleveled shit, not a bunch of psuedos
>>
>>31199332
Isn't that what I'm doing by complaining about these things? Or do you think I'm so autistic that I'd actually be blaming these on the fictional character.
>>
>>31194415
Cynthia beat Tobias, she returned in Best Wishes still as Champion of Sinnoh.
>>
>>31200103
But how? He probably has Mega Fug in his team.
>>
>>31200128
Ash took down two of his Pokemon. Is it that hard to imagine someone leagues above Ash can sweep his team?
>>
BURASUTO
>>
>>31193053
>Kanto
>"literally who?" wins
>Johto
>"literally who?" wins
>Hoenn
>Tyson wins and BTFOs Ash and Team Rocket's Meowth in the process
>Sinnoh
>Tobias PKhex's his way to victory
>Unova
>the entire region gets cucked by a fucking EEVEELUTION TEAM
>Kalos
>BURASTO BAAN
Alola will have a big tournament at the end of the series and Kiawe will win
>>
>>31200103
Or maybe he never challenged her. Have we ever seen a match between the League's winner vs the current champion? Even Alain didn't bother to battle Diantha or that Eeveevolution trainer battle Alder.
>>
>>31200627
>Alola will have a big tournament at the end of the series and Kiawe will win
So a second Burasuto Bann or that fire-type Z-Move?
>>
File: mad pasta.png (145KB, 1581x259px) Image search: [Google]
mad pasta.png
145KB, 1581x259px
Seriously, i understand they can't show Ash winning the league officialy.
So fucking do it Unofficialy,

They could have done it in 5 ways -

>1. Team flare ruining the match halfways. no one wins, Ash and Alan fight each other in the flare arc, Ash wins there but it's not official.
>2. A tie. Both Greninja and Charizard are falling at the same time. Ash being a nice preson decide to give Alan the win.
>3. similiar to the last one- Both fell down, but Greninja fall first so Ash "lost".
>4. Alan wins, but it revealed in the Flare arc that Charizard was boosted by Mega energy from Team flare. They fight again unofficialy, Ash wins, Alan wanting to give him the Trophy but Ash refused.
>5. Ash fainting after Greninja "wins", so like the Yu-Gi-Oh example from before, Ash losing by tecnichality.

On each one of them, Alan admit defeat but Ash refuse to take the win or something.

Each on of those would have been better beside the obvious Ash winning this shit.

Still mad btw.
>>
>>31201673
>Unofficialy
Even if I dislike the outcome, I rather be fine with Ash doing the best he can in the league than some unofficial match that probably leave a sour taste in the fans' mouths. Keep in mind that fans want to see Ash complete his goal and having progress, not seeing him be a hero.
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.