[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think the most ridiculous type advantage or disadvantage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: typechart.png (58KB, 752x829px) Image search: [Google]
typechart.png
58KB, 752x829px
What do you think the most ridiculous type advantage or disadvantage is? Reply to other posts on the thread if you think you've got an explanation.
>>
>>31189313
fairy
>>
>>31189355
Which advantages or disadvantages do you think are irrational about it?
>>
>>31189355
Psychic should become SE against Fairy and Psychic should resist Fairy, imo. This buffs one of the most nerfed types and nerfs Fairy, the most powerful type.
>>
>>31189313
Depends on what we're talking about here.

Steel is the best type defensively as it resists 9 types (it used to be 11 before Gen 6). Plus many steels are bulky as shit and have sturdy or levitate as well.

Offensively, Ground is probably the best with a powerful widely-accessible move in Earthquake and an advantage over 5 other types. You also have a certain land shark that is still a powerhouse to push this even further. Fire, fighting, ice and rock are right behind it with four type advantages each.

Grass and Rock are both at the bottom defensively with five weaknesses each, while Dragon is the worst offensively with it only being super-effective against itself and negated by the common Fairy type. Dragon type Pokemon tend to be pretty powerful however which makes up for the lack of type advantage it has (especially after a few Dragon Dances).
>>
>>31189883
Actually scratch that, Fighting is up there with Ground offensively as it has actually 5 advantages (forgot about ice).
>>
>>31189313
I don't know that I'd call many of them "ridiculous" but if I had to list contenders, maybe...

Bug weak to Fire is a little stupidly specific

Ground and Rock both being weak to both Grass and Water is stupid. If anything Ground should be fine against Water, and Rock fine against Grass.

Ice weak to Fighting is a little arbitrary, same with Steel weak to Fighting

Flying weak to Rock

Evil weak to Bug

Poison weak to Psychic

Ice weak to Rock and Ice weak to Steel

Fire weak to Rock for that matter. You'd think Fire'd be weak to Ground but not resisted by it, and then resisted by Rock but not weak to it.

Ghosts weak to Evil

Fighting weak to Fairy
>>
File: Polar Bear Facepalm.jpg (252KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Polar Bear Facepalm.jpg
252KB, 1600x1200px
>>31189883
>TFW when you realise you misunderstood the topic completely
Thought it meant ridiculous in terms of number of advantages one has over another

Going to kill myself now
>>
>>31189941
>Evil
stop this meme
>>
>>31189313
Water resisting Ice I thought was pretty ridiculous. Isn't ice just frozen water? Like with Ice Beam, if you shoot a beam of freezing cold energy at some water, shouldn't it freeze the water? I know we have Freeze Dry and Scald is an exception to this, but still.
>>
Bug being resisted by ghost. Seriously, what the absolute fuck.
>>
>>31189883
Dragon is a great type to hit neutrally.
>>
>>31189519
Psychic is fine. Make Bug SE against Fairy, Bug's offensive advantages are fucking terrible.

In fact, here's a better idea: remove Fairy entirely, make Ice immune to Dragons, and make Fighting not hit Ice super effectively. Done.
>>
>>31190278
You could say the same about Normal and Ghost type (or any other type with few resistances).
>>
>>31190300
>remove Fairy entirely

No, fairly deserves to exist because it's useful as a conceptual category: jigglypuff, clefairy, and the other blobby normal types needed their own type even though Audino and Chansey didn'tget changed to it for some reason

Here's what you do:

>fairy and ghost no longer resists bugs, bug is se vs fairy
>ice is now se on water and resists water
>rock resists electric, is neutral against/when attacked by ground, is neutral when attacked by steel OR is neutral against steel
>electric is se against steel
>>
>>31190271
Bugs can't annoy the dead.
>>
>>31189941
>poison weak to psychic
Can we talk about this? How the fuck does it make any sense? If anything there are a lot of poison types that damage or attack human brain. Poison should at least be SE against it
>>
>>31191024
Healing power of the mind.
>>
What's the logic behind Dark being super effective against Ghost? You'd think Ghosts would love the dark.
>>
>>31191024
Maybe it's because psychics can tell when something is poisoned so they won't eat poisoned foods or drink poisoned drinks and the like. That's how I've always seen it and it still makes no sense but >>31191611 is probably right. Psychics have too much control over the fine mechanics of their body to be overwhelmed by poison.
>>
Why is poison weak against ground?
>>
>>31190300
>make ice immune to dragons
how does that make any sense
>>
Water should be weak against poison. Rock should resist electric, dragon should be not very effective on fairy. Ice needs another resist and fairy needs to be not effective on some another type or two.
>>
>>31191657
Certain kinds of dirts and clays are helpful for absorbing and eliminating toxins.
>>
>>31189941

>Evil weak to Bug
Can't deceive a hivemind or a mind too different/alien from you. They are indifferent to edgelording, and can survive all sorts of war, maybe even to their benefit.

>Poison weak to Psychic
Removing /neutralizing toxins is pretty smart, and "magical" when counting spiritual/gypsy healers.
>>
Why do bug and fighting resist each other?
>>
>>31190776
>le fairies are all pink blobs
End this meme and your life.
>>
>>31191854
Have you ever tried punching a fly? Have you ever been a mosquito trying to drink blood from someone's rock hard abs?
>>
>>31191865
>Have you ever tried punching a fly?
I mean I get your point but that's really funny to imagine
>>
>>31191683
Grass should resist fairy. Most fairies live in forests/green areas, and most fairy tales take place in those.

Fairies are nature-loving as confirmed by their weakness to poison and steel, and the Tapus. Their attacks should be resisted by "nature" itself.
>>
>>31189941
bug weak to dark because they're cowards

poison weak to sick to be like getting through illness thanks to positive attitude?
>>
>>31190151
Dark→Evil
Grass→Plant
Flying→Air
Fairy→Magic
Get over it
>>
File: 1468317954907.png (772KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
1468317954907.png
772KB, 1136x640px
>>31191978
Outright labeling a pokemon "evil" is just stupid.
>>
>>31189313
Fire resisting Fairy makes absolutely no sense to me. Grass would've made more sense.
>>
>>31190151
>The Dark type
>Japanese: あくタイプ
>Aku Taipu
>lit: "Evil" "type"
retard
>>
>>31191024
>>31191611
>>31191835
>>31191915
remember that Psychic is not "mind over matter" it's literally ESP, as in Extra Sensory Perception. It's specifically and explicitly psychic powers, not just general intelligence.
>>
>>31190776
>Ice should be super effective on water
I was always confused why this was never the case. It just seems logical to me.
>>
>>31189365
It's two weaknesses are to the two most un-offensive types out there.
>>
>>31192755
in japanese Dark type is the ''Aku'' type which means Evil
>>
>>31189941
ok ill try

>Bug weak to Fire is a little stupidly specific
about as much as the others

>If anything Ground should be fine against Water, and Rock fine against Grass.
water covers ground. enviromments errode rock

>Ice weak to Fighting is a little arbitrary, same with Steel weak to Fighting
if fighting beats rock, it can beat ice
for steel- martial skill is greater than martial weapons?

>flying weak to rock
"kill two birds with one stone"

>evil weak to bug
yeah i dont know

>poison weak to psychic
medicene(knowledge) beats illness

>ice weak to rock and steel
both can easily crush ice, like fighting

>fire weak to rock
great sense actually. lava is how rocks are formed. heat and shit is one way rocks evolve (ignious, sedimentary, metamorphic)

>ghosts weak to evil
caspers BTFO by his uncles
demons beat ghosts
ill intent is more destructive than neutral
shit i dunno

>fighting weak to fairy
you cant fight folklore/mythos/hidden species
grace beats brawns
purity beats fury
>>
>>31194664
Poison has decent variety. Steel is meh, though it's been worse in the past.
>>
i love bug but
>bug being an entire type
???
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.