[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please help me make this thing usable. I want to love Vikavolt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: 43 fucking speed.png (43KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
43 fucking speed.png
43KB, 250x250px
Please help me make this thing usable. I want to love Vikavolt so much.

Is it even worth trying to outspeed others? Should I use agility? Zoom lens + Zap cannon? I'm desperate, but it's dead weight every time
>>
>>31186930
Trick Room is pretty much your only option.
Even with like 2 agilities this thing'll get outsped by common Scarf users.
>>
>>31186930
>252 in HP and Sp.Atk
>Holding Sitrus Berry or Assult Vest depending on your moveset

Thank me later OP.
>>
Vikavolt @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Agility
- Bug Buzz
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball

That will make it usable. It reaches 370 speed after an agility boost, and if that's not enough, you could go Timid instead.

Attack-wise, it has decent coverage. With 427 SpA and Life Orb, it can put a dent in most things.
>>
I really wonder what they were thinking.
It's got good special attack, but it's so fucking slow that even slow shitmon outspeed it.
What's the point of it learning agility when you have to use it two fucking times just to catch up to anything with moderate amounts of speed? Not even out speed them, just to catch up, because using agility with that low of speed is like using swords dance on a sunkern.
And at that point it's already dead.
>>
>>31187799
It's the same idea as agility mega Ampharos
>>
>>31186930

252 HP, 180 Sp.Def and the rest on Sp.Atk w/ Assault Vest works pretty good

252 SpA Greninja-Ash Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 180 SpD Assault Vest Vikavolt: 139-165 (38.8 - 46%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

+1 252 SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 180 SpD Assault Vest Vikavolt: 184-218 (51.3 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 180 SpD Assault Vest Vikavolt: 153-180 (42.7 - 50.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
>>
>>31187849
Not gonna lie, this is the first poke game I've gotten since the gameboy color.
I only know vague details about mega pokemon or modern strategies.
>>
>>31187671
>IVs: 0 Atk

I see you, you son of a bitch. Are you trying to make this your calling card?
>>
File: VikavoltHearsTrainersLastWords.jpg (689KB, 668x4298px) Image search: [Google]
VikavoltHearsTrainersLastWords.jpg
689KB, 668x4298px
Would it get any better if it's Hidden Ability is Speed Boost?
>>
>>31187935
I just imported some text from PS. I guess the attack IV was 0 there for some reason.

That's weird. I guess hitting yourself in confusion would do less damage if your attack IVs were lower, or something like that. I don't know.
>>
>>31187671

Are there any notable mons that this doesn't outspeed?

Disregarding scarfers
>>
>>31186930
Specs ,spam volt switch
>>
>>31187935
>minimize confusion damage
>minimize Foul Play damage

There's nothing but upside to having minimum Atk if you're not gonna fucking use it anyway.
>>
>>31187969
Anything at 120 base speed and above.

So things like Alakazam, Crobat, Weavile, Aerodactyl, a bunch of megas, and things with priority moves.
>>
>>31187979
It's only being constantly stated in movesets as of the last few weeks. I just found it weird, like someone was trying to sign their posts or something.

If it's just copypaste from PS maybe they're just updating all their movesets to state it.
>>
>>31186930
Roost and three attacks with expert belt
>>
>>31188036
It's a legitimate reason to run 0 Atk, not required or anything but it's what you should go for
>>
>>31186930

Like others have said, Trick Room is probably your best best as Agility won't do much for it (Oranguru would make a great partner for it in doubles). Don't use Zap Cannon as it's accuracy is garbage (plus Thunderbolt will do more than enough with it's huge Sp Atk stat).

I'd recommend going for a Trick Room setup:

Vikavolt @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Bug Buzz
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Flash Cannon

With this setup, Vikavolt should never be first out in battle. Send out another mon to set up Trick Room and deal as much damage as you can. When they go down, Vikavolt will hopefully come in when Trick Room is still in effect and can outspeed and deal massive damage.
>>
>>31186930
Vikavolt makes a good Wallbreaker.
Specs, max SpA and HP. Modest.
Thunderbolt
Bug Buzz
Energy Ball
Flash Canon/Volt Switch
Vikivolt has the typing and durability to take a hit or two decently, if not well. That opening is all Vikavolt needs, Vikavolt hits very, very, very fucking hard. Thunderbolt absolutely fucks things up, even on Neutral hits
252+ SpA Choice Specs Vikavolt Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Mew: 207-244 (51.2 - 60.3%) -- 90.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Just to give an idea.
Using the correct coverage move gives even better results, as to be expected.
I'm not sure if enough people take Vikivolt's power seriously to make Volt Switch viable. There is a solid chance that most people will just let Vikivolt take the thing you want it to. If more people seem to be aware of it, and switch accordingly, Volt Switch might be a viable option. Even Volt Switch hits like a truck coming off of Vikavolt's hilarious power, easily 2HKOing neutral targets without significant special bulk.
Vikavolt is a railgun. Use it as such. Odds are good Vik will only be able to get one good hit off, so make it count. Use Vik to remove key checks to your sweeper, as well as punch through walls. Vikavolt isn't the sort of Pokemon to win games, it's the sort to allow something else to win.
>>
>>31186930
Agility with max speed investment and timid nature lets you reach 406 speed, allowing you to outspeed fully invested base 130s like Tapu Koko.
>>
>>31188017
You can outspeed crobat, weavile and aerodactyl with a timid nature and OHKO with flash canon/thunderbolt.
>>
>>31190434
If we're serious about him being trick room, why not make him Quiet (+SpA, -Spd)?
>>
File: confused-baby-meme-blank-02.jpg (27KB, 485x322px) Image search: [Google]
confused-baby-meme-blank-02.jpg
27KB, 485x322px
>>31190977
> Suggests Flash Cannon
> All these mons are weak to it's STABs alone
You do realize SE STAB moves will outdamage nonSTAB SE moves right?
>>
>>31191334
I always forget dark is weak to bug.
>>
Reminder that Caterpie is faster than Vikavolt.
>>
>>31187569
Why people use sitrus berries when those confusing berries exist and they give more HP?
>>
>>31191018
That's actually even better. Go with this OP.
>>
>>31187966
You're right, casual-kun.
>>
>>31191618
Because confusion fucking sucks.
>>
File: sun-and-moon-nature-chart-img-2.jpg (164KB, 630x780px) Image search: [Google]
sun-and-moon-nature-chart-img-2.jpg
164KB, 630x780px
>>31192225
You do realize confusion only occurs if the berry has the wrong flavor right? If your not a lazy retard they're objectively better than Sitrus.
>>
>>31191618
Sitrus berry works at half health and the other berries work at 25% (or something) i think
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.