[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/btg/ Battle Tree General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 354
Thread images: 64

File: LQaj8zP.jpg (104KB, 1729x840px) Image search: [Google]
LQaj8zP.jpg
104KB, 1729x840px
WHARRGARBL Edition

Share victory, share defeat.

Discuss strategies, get help with team building, and most importantly, remember to git gud

>Helpful resources
Battle Tree moveset data:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D7T0jCHBkDppjTB0_rJyK0houk8zE3wLmZ1DlVXEkXg/edit#gid=0

Battle Tree damage calculator:
http://turskain.github.io/

Old thread: >>31154314
>>
File: Dream_Quick_Claw_Sprite.png (4KB, 80x90px) Image search: [Google]
Dream_Quick_Claw_Sprite.png
4KB, 80x90px
Hi friends. It's me, quick claw.
>>
File: Pokemon - Bewear Round.jpg (45KB, 455x810px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon - Bewear Round.jpg
45KB, 455x810px
>>31181559
GET OUT
E
T

O
U
T
>>
File: Utterlydisgusting.jpg (82KB, 524x288px) Image search: [Google]
Utterlydisgusting.jpg
82KB, 524x288px
>>31181559

>FAAG WWWW WWW4 WCQD

>FAAG
>Shiny mega luke

t-thanks
>>
>>31181529
Just beat Red in super singles (50 streak)

This is my team:
Scizor@scizornite
Adamant
252 HP, 252 ATK 6 DEF
-Bullet punch
-u-turn
-roost
-swords dance

Drampa@leftovers
Bold
252 HP, 252 Def 6 SpAtk
-Dragon Pulse
-Calm Mind
-Roost
-Flamethrower

Poryzon-Z@Normaliumz
Bold
252 HP, 252 Def 6 SpAtk
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Shadow Ball
-Conversion

Scizor could kill a surprising amount of things. Drampa though was a surprise, I started adding hum after I saw a similar set on here...worked out very well.

Team is very weak to fighting/fire though. I got swept by an Emboar once and almost by a blaziken. Before PoryzonZ gets the conversion off he has a fighting weakness shared with drampa
>>
>>31181529
My meme team of Oranguru, Koko, Gyarados and Scarfchomp were pretty fucking close to getting bodied twice in a row
And one of those times was to Sinna's Mega Abomasnow on battle fucking 10
>>
File: 199.jpg (146KB, 884x666px) Image search: [Google]
199.jpg
146KB, 884x666px
>>31181702
>not using adability bullet punch on glaceon after the first blizzard
>>
>>31181815
i recently bred a primarina, she's strong vs fire and fighting and can dole out some pretty solid punishment and tank special hits like mad (75% hp survived a poison z-move from a salazzle with 20% left). coverage is great with scald, moon blast, psychic, and energy ball.
>>
>>31181815
Running regular singles right now to unlock super singles. Running a Normalium z porygon z and its fun as fuck. haven't needed my other 2 mon yet tho i'm also using megagross and tapu lel
>>
>>31181853
I knew one was actually sashed (glaceon or mimikyu), turns out glaceon was sashed, I banked on the wrong poke, and this battle actually taught me that your partner will go for SE hits instead of coverage moves that would kill (aerilate thrash would have demolished mimikyu, but instead he went superpower for ambipom).
>>
File: gununu shredder.jpg (45KB, 505x385px) Image search: [Google]
gununu shredder.jpg
45KB, 505x385px
>my Porygon 2 vs enemy Porygon Z
>just gonna Toxic stall it out
>get frozen after 2 turn
>never unfreeze before being forced to switch out
>>
>>31181903
What's your set? It really does kick ass, the only problem is you NEED the boost a lot of the time, and beware of roar/whirlwind

I used to have a nasty plot porygon z in Alpha Sapphire, I loved it, but it really does just need +1 speed +1 special attack.

>>31181899
primarina would have worked better than drampa in some instances i think.
>>
Is Oricorio good in Doubles?
How to use?

If I use something with skill swap will it gain the ability?
>>
>>31181815
I've run a similar Mega Scizor and Drampa team, though I ran Minior as a lead. Died to Mega Lucario, as I didn't know he had Blaze Kick...

Close Combat + Bullet Punch killed Minior,
Blaze Kick killed Scizor,
Close Combat killed Drampa...

Any none Porygon suggestions to replace Minior? I was thinking maybe Tapu Fini.
>>
>>31182027
oh yeah, tapu fini also works well as a fire/fighting counter. the water typing also deters steel types like the mega-lucario that >>31182069 encountered
>>
>>31182069
Minior used to be my lead instead of scizor. Minior is amazing and I love it, but I've had a hard time finding a good team that supports him.
>>
>Lose when approaching stamp battle.
>Have no motivation to try again until the next day because I don't want to waste the effort when its not going to get me a bottle cap.

Streak rewards are a mixed bag although I am glad they exist.
>>
>>31182032
Never tried it myself but sounds like a recipe for disaster, Oricorio isn't bulky at all and while oricorio copies dances and you can potentially pass the ability (not 100% sure), both of your pokemon would be sitting ducks to the devilish AI, I'm sorry but Oricorio just isn't good, you can pair it with a bulky quiver dance user (does that even exist) and protect turn one with oricorio, oricorio will be safe and will copy the quiver dance, ready to hit something with a 90BP STAB and 98SpA.

That's genuinely the best I can think about.

>>31182120
The last thread had some anons using minior very well, check the archive

>>31182123
I'm at 1000+BP and like 13 bottle caps just by trying to scout trainers for multi, I used to do the same as you before beating the 50 singles/doubles. just booted up monster hunter/fire emblem to shake my salt
>>
File: VSSightseer_F_SM.png (25KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
VSSightseer_F_SM.png
25KB, 400x240px
>>31181961
Priorities anon. Almost always kill any ice types in sight if possible.
>>31181994
If you want to see true frozen suffering...Actually amazed she pulled through in the end.

3F5W-WWWW-WWW4-WDN3
>>
File: oat.png (95KB, 218x220px) Image search: [Google]
oat.png
95KB, 218x220px
>>31182263
Clutch as fuck, that focus miss at the beginning was all it took

That sightseer is very lucky

How far did you make it?
>>
Why are Starf and lansat berries rewards? They arent even good
>>
>>31182486

Consistency. They've been rewards for streaks of 100/200 for some time. Besides, having them be good berries would fuck with people due to how hard they are to get.
>>
File: Screenshot_38.png (28KB, 220x231px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_38.png
28KB, 220x231px
>>31182451
Made it to 50 with her on the first try...Choked so dang hard versus red and blue. Haven't been able to even break 40s in like 7 or more tries...

BXCG-WWWW-WWW4-WEEH

I've given up.
>>
Anyone else miss the tower? Functionally it was worse but I miss being walked into an elevator and being walked into a dedicated battle room.
>>
>>31182568
That was hard, the choke was real, I personally think you can use something other than koko, have you tried other pokes with Mence?, I don't use him, but I'm sure there are better partners.

Dont give up anon

do it for her
>>
>>31182739
Koko has been too good to me to drop him and is immune to sleep and paralysis. ...But I'm not opposed to trying something different if I must.
>>
I beat red in normal singles today with celesteela, top lele and mimikyu. Had to battle like 2 o 3 all-fire trainers.

Maybe after dex filling im going to try doubles or super singles
>>
>>31182814
I admit being immune to two kind of hax is neat, but a rock/ice/dragon resistance would be very welcome vanilla scizor or other decent steels spring to mind, again, I'm just goin by what I think, I don't use neither koko or mence and my best multi partner is that guzma who likes to spam superpower.

Have you thought on a fake out user or protect spam?
>>
This is my go to team for singles, any changes I should make or moves I should add?

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD / 6 Spe
IVs: 31 HP / 31 Atk / 31 Def / SpA / 31 SpD / 31 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Earthquake

Greninja (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk / 0 Def / 252 SpA / 0 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: 31 HP / 31 Atk / 0 Def / 31 SpA / 0 SpD / 31 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

Mimikyu (M) @ Red Card
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 0 HP / 252 Atk / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: 31 HP / 31 Atk / 31 Def / 0 SpA / 31 SpD / 31 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Wood Hammer
- Swords Dance
>>
>>31183141

How about using non hacked mons
>>
>>31183141
Why Wood Hammer instead of WoW, T-Wave or DBond on Mimikyu?
>>
>>31183211
The fuck is WoW
>>
>>31183352
will o wisp
>>
>>31183352
will-o-wisp
>>
>>31183367
>>31183368
Oh
Didn't even know mimikyu could learn that
>>
>>31183141
>Shiny: Yes
>those 0IVs
>Wood hammer
>TORRENT

Are you baiting anon?, genuinely curious, otherwise, change everything I listed bar the IVs but keep the shiny
>>
>>31183211
Metagross attracts bulky Grounds, Greninja attracts bulky Waters
>>
>>31183398
I got the exported team details from some pokedex app, I just put in the info for my team on their but it doesn't have battle bond listed as an ability yet, so it would list minute details such as if the pokemon is shiny or not, also ash greninja gets 0 def/spdef Ivs and it felt like cheating to change them
>>
>>31183471
So just ignore that is say torrent because I'm using the same ash greninja with reworked EVs
>>
Hey guys, had a question about my Super Singles build. I have a Megagross and Alolan Ninetales with pretty standard sets, and then I have a Garchomp. I'm wondering what item and moveset I should use for the Chomp to mesh well with the other two.
>>
>>31182027
running t-bolt conversion ice beam and recover. Also decided to use it and koko in super doubles and am currently up to round 32
>>
>>31183554
Choice scarf is all he needs, or life orb if you think you can handle the recoil and coverage

-EQ
-Dragon claw/Outrage
-Iron head
-whatever
>>
>FEAR Staraptor
The hell gamefreak? Not that it was any good against my team.
>>
Just lost at 43 multis. Fucking Blizzard+Earthquake team
>have grass knot for ground types on my Koko
>it's a torterra episode

im legit fucking mad
>>
>>31181529
I finally found Colress with Mega Metagross in his lead, but I ended up losing in a Struggle match.
>>
>>31184452
I have Colress with Meta Metagross scouted but he has the piece of shit KlingKlang in his second. And Wally with his Altaria in first and Garchomp in second. REEEEEE
>>
>>31184501
Oh wait the metagross I have from scouting him is the explosion one.
>>
>>31183141
why adamant instead of jolly? id have thought jolly would be better to outspeed base 100 pokemon
>>
>>31184452
>against colress
>his team is porygon2, electrode and muk
intothetrash
>>
>>31184501
Wait if I already scouted colress without his best possible multi battle team am I just fucked or can I re-scout him?
>>
Was thinking of bringing mega glalie or alola golem just to blow something the fuck out in singles. Anyone ever try this?
>>
>>31185159
You can scout people as often as you want. It will just delete the old scouting for the new one.
>>
>>31185159

You can rescout him.
>>
>>31185195
>>31185204
Thank god I thought they got one multi battle team, I got colress with porygon z and magnezone and cynthia w/ spiritomb and milotic
>>
>>31185293

Wally and Cynthia aren't even worth scouting if they aren't using a mega and scarf chomp.
>>
>>31185316
I don't know. Megastone garchomp makes a decent enough backup for mega gallade for me most of the time.
>>
>>31185293
Never scout anything with Spiritomb. Easily one of the most useless things a trainer can have. Half the time they just spam pain split.
>>
Should I give up on trying to be a special snowflake by not using mythicals/legendaries or have I just not found the magic combination of Gen 7 only bullshit between Drampa and Mimikyu
>>
Has multis always been this fucking horrible in past gens? genuine question since this is my first experience with this shit.
>>
>>31185612

Multis is always shit without a human partner.
>>
File: Lele a cute.jpg (28KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Lele a cute.jpg
28KB, 500x500px
Here is Red being beaten by a team made for stalling. Not featuring any cute Tapus.

Blastoise fight is the most boring stuff but it shows how Toxapex can live through non-STAB Earthquakes just fine.

9X5G-WWWW-WWW4-WKRQ
>>
Finally got all the stamps, fuck the tree i'm done bitches
>>
>>31185774
>Not featuring any cute Tapus.
Much like your image
>>
>>31185947
Who was your multis' partner.
>>
>>31186124
Wally with Mega Gallade and non scarfed Garchomp. Made it to 57
>>
File: raw (1).gif (4MB, 458x408px) Image search: [Google]
raw (1).gif
4MB, 458x408px
>>31186305
>my wally has that exact set.
Seems he is the magic ticket after all then...not to pester but What's your team anon? Anything to end this madness.
>>
>>31186305

Check his Gallade's ability, he can either have Steadfest or Justified.
>>
>>31186347
Kangaskan @ Mega Stone
Scrappy so he can fake out Gengars
Adamant
252 Att, 252 Speed, 6 Def
Fake Out
Return
Crunch
Filler

Golispod @ Assault Vest
Adamant
244 HP, 252 Att, 12 SpD
First Impression
Aqua Jet
Leech Life
Liquidation(Maybe I should have used Sucker Punch

He had the one that prevents him from flinching. Remember to switch Kanga out when you run into a pokemon faster than him that has Fakeout, like other Mega Kangas.
>>
thinkin SR chomp lead + phazer milotic + ??? for singles
who fits?
i was thinking magnezone, haven't heard much about him this gen though- is there a good set?
>>
>>31186451
Yeah mine has inner focus too. Never thought I'd have to potentially rely on megamom again...Will make the switch if mence and koko fails once more.

One last question. How many attempts did it take?
>>
>>31186516
Once I used Megamom, just 1. I was never in danger until I got past 50. Garchomp cost us the game by using Sandstorm
>>
at battle number 34 now, lads. my mega-sableye, scarfchomp, vested primarina team is hanging in there.
>>
>>31186829
are you the primarina guy from the last thread
>>
>scout scarf Entei Anabel
>all she had to do was spam erruption to break sashes for my Pheromossa
>uses fucking solar beam
For what purpose?
>>
>>31187017
that's what you get for not running drought torkoal
>>
>>31187017

See

>>31187055

Always build around your partners team.
>>
>>31186982
i was the guy who bred one for testing, not the original guy

i just lost to a fucking max speed ev custap berry torterra when i had it dead to rights on my next turn. primarina was amazing, by the way, but i probably mismanaged this fight

GS6G-WWWW-WWW4-WNM4
>>
>>31187055
And run into tons of Mega Tyranitars? No thanks.
>>
>>31187099
if i hadn't crit it, i probably would've dropped it down to slightly below half health and not triggered the stupid berry
>>
>>31187099
alright
i just bred myself a good popplio, time to ev train and level
>captcha: marina
>>
I just got to the battle tree. What does this "Scan a QR Code" battle team option entail?
>>
>>31187160
the set was:

Primarina @ Assault Vest
Calm, 252 HP, rest even split between Def and SpA

- Scald
- Moon Blast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic

I might swap psychic for ice beam, because garchomp can already pulverize poison types with earthquake, or mega-sableye can tank them unless he gets badly poisoned.
>>
>>31187202

Supposedly, once the bank update hits, the global link will let us convert our teams into QR codes that other players can use.
>>
>>31187222
Calm? It was Bold, right?
>>
>>31187243
Oh okay, sounds like it could be pretty cool, thanks anon
>>
>>31187319
yeah, the original set was bold, but i bred a calm one with great ivs so i went with that, isntead
>>
Fuck. I had no clue Mega Camerupt was so fucking slow.
RIP my Trick Room team. What a cunt.
>>
>just trying to get BP for ev items
>get to 10 in super singles, wally shows up
>should be fun, and can get more BP in the process
>he starts out with a garchomp and proceeds to sweep my entire team
it's not that I lost that hurts, it's that I had to lose to wally of all fucking people
>>
>>31187804
Wally is cool and certified as hell. It's far worse losing to farmer John as he gives you anecdotes of Flaafy fucking.
>>
File: 7lZwLKc.jpg (85KB, 511x606px) Image search: [Google]
7lZwLKc.jpg
85KB, 511x606px
>slap together a team of three for singles
>grab my in-game Mimikyu
>plan on giving her the Red Card since I've heard of the tactic
>do it and commence
>lead with Mimikyu and set up right away
>opponent sets up
>all according to keikaku
>he attacks
>psshh
>disguise is busted
>...
>it's my turn again
>N-Nani...!
>get my ass whopped
>think Red Card must have certain limitations
>look closer at the item
>Red Shard
>mfw
>>
>>31188068
btfo
>>
>fight Wally
>he leads with M-Garchomp, sends out Gallade right after then Magnezone
>beat him and scout him
>Lead M-Garchomp with Magnezone in second
Piece of shit game all I wanted was M-Garchomp with gallade
>>
>>31188283
Magnezone is way better than Gaylade
>>
>>31188312
Not if you got the retarded brightpowder Magnet rise Magnezone like I did
>>
Watch this everyone. The suspense and stall will kill you.

JBZG-WWWW-WWW4-WQ89
>>
>>31182032
I use a team that I would be happy to show off
57MW-WWWW-WWW4-WQ9A

Masquerian and steel silvally start. Silvally is there in case there's a poke oricorio and masqueer would have a problem with, so long as there are no ice types or rock types, parting shot out of there. The turn that you do that, masqueer starts quiver dancing. Oricorio picks it up on his way into battle.

The opponent has already taken a parting shot and an intimidate so you have time to boost. And if things get too hairy, you can baton pass back to silvally who runs a mixed set.

I'm sure someone her will tell me why my team is shit but I'm battling with my favorites and I'm happy for it
>>
>>31188283
Continuing on from this, the M-Garchomp is retarded and sandstorms every battle before actually doing something. And he used Earthquake while I had Lucario on too.
>>
>>31188449
How the hell did you get Masquerian?
>>
>>31188604
It is naturally in the game.
>>
>>31188625
Oh shit. I didn't even notice and I finished the Dex.
Apparently it got stat boosts. What's your set?
>>
>>31188666
I'm a different anon.
>>
>>31188593
the cpu partners dont give a shit about you, they will aoe blast you with super-effective stab

best to play around their bullshit
>>
File: 1456780839293.jpg (46KB, 600x635px) Image search: [Google]
1456780839293.jpg
46KB, 600x635px
>57 matches
>fight a veteran who is running Thundurus, Terrakion and Mega Latios
uwot

Is everyone gonna start using legendaries now?
>>
>>31188975
>only at match 57
You got lucky, anon.
Legendaries seem to start at 40+.
>>
File: 1468025890244.png (51KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1468025890244.png
51KB, 250x250px
>>31189049
>58 is raikou, virizion and thundurus youngster
>>
I'm entirely new to all this actual team-building and would like to build a team around one of my story-team / post-story team favorites -- could I ask here for some help?

I've got four favorites of my various story bros:
Pyukumuku, Magnezone, Toxapex, and Celesteela

I tried running (none are IV bred or EV trained -- I plan to just level to 100 and bottlecap since I'd rather have at least one team with bros):
Regenerator Toxapex @ Mystic Water
Bold (Perfect IVs except for Speed)
Baneful Bunker
Scald
Recover
Toxic Spikes

Beast Boost Celesteela @ Big Root (will replace with Leftovers)
Impish (Perfect Attack, Defense, Speed, Decent everything else)
Heavy Slam
Giga Drain
Earthquake
Leech Seed

Innards Out Pyukumuku @ Sitrus Berry
Timid (Very Good: HP, Pretty Good: SpAtk, Atk, Spd, Decent: SpDef, Def)
Recover
Toxic
Safeguard (plan to replace this with Soak)
Counter

...And that went about as well as you'd think when Rotom showed up. Not sure what I expected. Magnezone was no help because of it's abysmal IVs when I tried replacing Celesteela with it.

Any suggestions for moves or teammates? I've been considering Gigalith, Carbink, Volt Absorb Jolteon, Lightningrod Alolan Marowak, or Tapu Lele -- but I've never used any of them, so I'm not entirely sure of their typical/possible roles in teams. I'd really appreciate it if you could help!
>>
>>31188666
Masqueer anon here, the set is shit just to set up oricorio. You'd do better making your own. It's one of my favs for its versatility, being able to baton pass quiver dances and laying down sticky web or just set up sweep. You take your pick.

If you really want to know what I ran though:
Modest @ sitrus berry
Protect
Quiver dance
Bug buzz
Baton pass

Masqueer deserves better, but I wanted to try out oricorio so it's set entirely around without it being specifically breed for that purpose.
It gets access to hydro pump which should normally be considered. And a better masqueer partner for oricorio would probably want to just outspeed birb so that it can help it boost twice before its first attack.
>>
File: thornberry_nigel.jpg (22KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
thornberry_nigel.jpg
22KB, 300x200px
So I got to 70 in doubles after losing again in singles to para hax, got some nice scouts from the run, don't know if I should keep going, it's been quite the ride, but the AI kept sending me into other trick room teams, wich is a fucking nightmare, as you never know if you outspeed or not, fucking Iron ball brave conkeldurrs and trevenants everywhere encountered them 7 times in 20 battles, anyway, enjoy my battle 70 against Grimsley, the moment primarina hits the field he's done.

3C4G WWWW WWW4 WSRA

I thought I would get walled harder, but in these 70 battles only 1 blissey has showed up, but I got 4 porygon 2s with eviolite, fucking pain in the ass.

Should I keep going?
>>
>playing multi
>down to a 1 on 1 with gyarados vs pelipper with rocky helmet
>kill it but die from recoil damage
>streak ended
>>
>umbreon uses confuse ray
>i hit myself 3 times in a row
classic
>>
File: BAAAAAN.jpg (53KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
BAAAAAN.jpg
53KB, 800x600px
I was attempting to get my 30 streak for my daily bottle cap and got to battle 29 before getting fucked by RNG.

>Send Bewear, Opponent sends Charizard
>Switch to Choice Specs Greninja, Charizard Belly Drums
>Water Shuriken hits TWICE, leaves Charizard with a sliver of health which activates the Salac Berry
>DORAGON KURAUS Greninja and kills it
>Fire Fangs my Mega Metagross
>Hits my Bewear with Fire Fang but it survives barely
>Next pokemon kills Bewear

Fuck me
>>
Well, this could have gone better.

J9VW-WWWW-WWW4-WT62

I don't like to whine about losses, but a physical Blastoise with Flinches and Earthquake just reeks of bullshit. I'm honestly not sure how that could have been salvaged, since Ice Beam likely would have still killed me if I decided to DDance.
>>
anyone use Arcanine?

Post sets pls
>>
File: 1455188332954.gif (330KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1455188332954.gif
330KB, 256x256px
>hit battle 10 in Super Singles
>run into Wally
>he leads with Chomp, I lead with Tsareena
>Tsareena is Scarfed so I used Trop Kick to lower Chomp's attack but get outsped and hit with Outrage
>switch to Fairy Silvally
>Wally switches out, Silvally takes out his 2 Pokemon easily
>Wally sends Chomp back in
>click Ice Fang
>"The enemy Garchomp evaded the attack!
>what
>check Ice Fang's accuracy
>95% acc
>Garchomp outspeeds and kills the rest of my team
I'm so fucking mad. 5%, /btg/, 5% chance to miss and it had to happen just now.
>>
File: 1482523666627-pol.jpg (24KB, 486x574px) Image search: [Google]
1482523666627-pol.jpg
24KB, 486x574px
>Mega Salamence is my lead
>see literally 6 ice type Pokemon in a row
>mfw I have aegislash and assault vest primarina to run train on them
>>
>>31189194
You got a Regenerator Mareanie during your story play?
>>
File: 1480643105973.gif (2MB, 480x271px) Image search: [Google]
1480643105973.gif
2MB, 480x271px
I got swept by a yeti crab of all fucking things because of a baton pass Double Team Absol female slut.
How do I prepare an unholy rape party for her?
>>
>>31191135
kartana / aegislash with sacred sword, cuts right through stat boost shenanigans
>>
>>31191151
>cuts right through
I like your puns. I'll defs consider Aegislash.
I'll put Shiinotic on hold for a bit.
>>
I just got swept by a Moody Glalie at 29

Near the end it got:

+4 Defense
+4 Special Attack
+6 Evasion

Fuck this. So frustrating.
>>
File: 1466124288996-pol.jpg (931KB, 811x2850px) Image search: [Google]
1466124288996-pol.jpg
931KB, 811x2850px
>battle tree trainer sends out a rotom
>>
>>31191179
I fucking hate moody glalie
>>
>>31191126
Wonder Trade.Got two or three of 'em, actually, didn't know they were rare until I'd traded out all but this one.

Actually, speaking of Regenerator, would Reuniclus be a good addition to a team with Toxapex? It's not exactly a wall, but maybe the Special Attack it's got would be enough to get somewhere? Today's the right day for Island Scan Duosion after all.
>>
>>31191068
Pretty much the key to any battle tree team

>Absurdly strong mega
>2 other pokemon to switch into if mega is at a disadvantage
>>
What's a good Stored Power user? I wanna use Extreme Evoboost memes to cheese doubles.
>>
>>31191514
Espeon is decent. Stored Power + HP Fight has great coverage and it can't be Prankster T-Wave'd or anything of the sort because of Magic Bounce.
>>
File: 1469731315731-b.jpg (238KB, 2142x2148px) Image search: [Google]
1469731315731-b.jpg
238KB, 2142x2148px
>mega mawile perfectly predicts my aegislash and gets a free swords dance and sucker punch
I don't believe this isn't cheating
>>
File: furb.png (231KB, 572x380px) Image search: [Google]
furb.png
231KB, 572x380px
>enemy garchomp has only a little bit of health left after tanking an Ice Beam
>it's up against my Toxapex
>I can heal through any of it's outrages
>just wating for it to kill itself in confusion so that I can be at full health
>6 turns later it is still using outrage every time and hitting me
>forced to actually attack him to kill him

Just hit yourself holy fuck
>>
File: 1483337614810.jpg (366KB, 1487x1628px) Image search: [Google]
1483337614810.jpg
366KB, 1487x1628px
>>31181529
There are Battle Tree spooks waitin' for you!
Join us to enjoy some marvelous jukes!
Alola, everybody! Gather 'round! It's another episode of "Juke the Spook"!

Today I finally tackled the Battle Tree after leveling my party to 100 and much scouting in these threads, and I have succeeded in clearing the warm-up with this team: http://pastebin.com/r2bsDnXW

Despite some close calls and bad part from the variance on the later rounds, I abused the dumb AI and made records of how to properly juke them out in order to support my main sweeper Koko or get the win should it fall.

LNMG-WWWW-WWW4-X5YG
Failed a prediction. Thought Toxapex would be burned, but instead I got Hexed. Thankfully I won despite the variance making me suffer for a bit, and decided to stall that Ttar rather than kill it just to stick it to the AI.

83AW-WWWW-WWW4-X5ND
Note to self: Lickilicky is as much of a bane in Battle Facilities as it was before. Mainly my fault, though. I forgot I had Flamethrower. That Dragonite had a Salac, so I needed to soften it a bit.

D33W-WWWW-WWW4-X5UM
And finally the man himself Red. Goddamn that Snorlax and it's 1/4 sets, and I apparently made wrong calculations. I expected quakes from Venusaur, so it shows why U-turn is a much better option than Volt Switch; that extra coverage sure gets you out of very sticky situations...

Anyway, that's the end of that. I got enough BP for the Salamencite and will shortly replace my Toxapex or Celesteela with a Mega-mence for Supers. Suggestions on who may take up the torch are welcome, because both are defensive powerhouses impervious to freeze and I'm aware of how important they can be.
>>
File: image.png (209KB, 1000x777px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
209KB, 1000x777px
>>31181529
Why is Lycanroc-D so perfect?
>>
Best nature for Tapus?
>>
>>31192463
Timid for Koko
Timid/Modest for Lele
Adamant/Impish for Bulu (you probably want Adamant for the Tree though)
Bold/Modest for Fini
>>
don't die on me
>>
Who here going for 200 wins?
>>
>>31193487
What team?
I've already gotten all 3 stamps, but I can't imagine trying to get the Starf/Lansat.
>>
File: villager.gif (920KB, 446x374px) Image search: [Google]
villager.gif
920KB, 446x374px
>>31193487
>tfw at 55 with my stalling team
>tfw every battle takes over 15 minutes
>>
>>31193487
I lost at around 120 in super singles and lack the motivation to try again. The starf berry doesn't seem worth it.
>>
>>31193556
I made it to 164 and got BTFO by Mega Blaziken.

>>31193544
Exactly why I don't run stall in the tree. It's the easiest way to get 200 but it takes for fucking ever

>>31193505
I had Dragonite, Aegislash, and Tapu Fini. I wonder if Mega Luc would be better than Aegislash
>>
File: 1483157432752.png (474KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1483157432752.png
474KB, 1500x1500px
>Battle 87
>approached by Lass
>'Since my boyfriend broke up with me I've gotten stronger I guess.'
>You are challenged by Lass Inez!
>Lass Inez sent out Terrakion!
>check her trainer data, all sub-legends

My sides
>>
Is Mallow the worst of all the famous NPC's you can fight?

I feel like all her Pokemon are terrible.
>>
>>31194086
the worst to fight or the worst at fighting?
>>
WDDW-WWWW-WWW4-XJS9

Fuck, a miss on HJK and I was denied a Bottle Cap
>>
>>31194134
Worst for scouting and easiest famous NPC to beat.
>>
>>31194086
I almost lost to her the other day actually. She weakened my team with trevenant/comfey and then bought in Mega Sceptile to clean up. I only won because instead of using Dual Chop on Garchomp which would've definitely killed she went for leaf blade which I barely survived and was able to kill him back. Maybe the AI was scared of hitting roughskin twice?

Worst special trainer is probably Wally except scarfchomp is scary I guess.
>>
>>31194086
I don't have moon, so I'm not sure about Mallow, but Grimsley and Kiawe are both easy for me.
>>
Just beat Super Doubles and got the stamp.
My team:
Tapu koko @ life orb
252 SpA 4SpDef 252 Spe
T bolt
Dazzling gleam
Grass knot
Volt switch

Porygon-Z @ normalium z
252Sp Atk 4 Def 252 Spe
T bolt
Conversion
Recover
Ice beam

Metagross @ Metagrossite
252atk 4def 252spe
Meteor Mash
Zen Headbutt
Earthquake
Hammer arm

Celesteela @ leftovers
252Hp 4def 252sp def
Leech seed
heavy slam
flamethrower
protect
>>
>>31194086
Her Mega Sceptile is capable of sweeps.
>>
File: Nervous-Guy.jpg (41KB, 351x450px) Image search: [Google]
Nervous-Guy.jpg
41KB, 351x450px
>battle is down to my Porygon2 vs an enemy Blissey
>both of us are poisoned with Toxic

Here is the clutch match of my day.

SZMW-WWWW-WWW4-XM9Q
>>
>>31193544
post your stall team
>>
File: 1482117908161.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1482117908161.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>31194755
>Porygon 2 survived with 11 HP

Damn, that was close. Nice win anon.
>>
>>31194929
Toxapex with Black Sludge
Regenerator
Bold
EV: 252 HP, 252 DEF, rest SpDef
Recover
Haze
Scald
Toxic

Sableye with Megastone
Impish
EV: HP 252, Def 112, SpDef 144
Knockoff
Recover
Toxic
Foul Play

Porygon2 with Eviolite
Calm
Trace
EV: 252 HP, 200 Def, 56 SpD
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Recover
Toxic

EV Spreads are mostly from older builds for those mons but they still work nicely today. Keep in mind, winning with this team takes forever and one wrong switch almost always ends your run.

Sometime I run Wil-O-Wisp on Sableye as well as Toxic, if it feels like too much steel appears. Tho Toxapex can usually burn stuff as well with Scald.

All of those mons have Recover and at least one of their attacks at maximum PP.
>>
>>31195198
i more-or-less ran this team once, and it did fairly well until i ran into rain + thunder spammers

i was using pyuku instead of porygon 2, excellent vs setup sweepers, but lost hard to a taunt
>>
>>31195482
I lost twice with the team due to shit like hitting myself in confusion 3 times in a row and random crits at the worst time. Powerhouses like Mega Alakazam can also end my whole team if the wrong mon is on the field.

Right now I switched Toxapex and Sableye for Magnezone and Megamence to speed things up a bit.
>>
>>31195636
how do you run them? i was considering breeding both of those
>>
Suggest me some good special walls, /btg/.

Got Komala, Araquanid, Shiinotic and AV Muk already.
>>
>>31195816
Eviolite Chansey
>>
>>31195816
>>31195847
Eviolite Chansey is literally as good as it gets
Pure special mons who do nothing but fire off special attacks legitimately cannot win
>>
>>31195847
>>31195864
I'll keep it in mind but I hate that pink fucker. How is Slowking this gen?
>>
>>31195911
TR setter you use if you have a Mega already and can't use M Slowbro
>>
>>31195816
primarina is very solid, with loads of coverage and good damage. slap an av on her
>>
>>31195973
That's a point. I do have a weird Timid Salac one. Might make another Modest one for AV.
>>
>>31195650
I have a pretty standard Adamant Megamence with all EV into Attack and Speed. Moves are Double Edge, Earthquake, Roost and DD.

Magnezone is Smogon's choice specs set from XY days. You can look it up there in their dex.
>>
>>31196019
thanks
>>
>>31196019
what do you lead with?
>>
>>31196100
Salamence for the intimidate. Sometimes you get cases that allow you to switch salamence back in and out for more Intimidate until you can set up as many DD as you like.
>>
File: tmp_10830-images(3)-666969445.png (6KB, 212x140px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_10830-images(3)-666969445.png
6KB, 212x140px
>uses double team once
>next 4 attacks with 100% accuracy proceed to miss

fuck this piece of trash
>>
>>31196280
This and that smug-ass Electrode are pure fucking cancer
>>
>>31196280
>>31196307
That Barbaracle @Bright Powder
>>
Got the 50 streak single on my second try just like double.

Team was:
classic salamence adamant
DD/earthquake/dragonclaw/return

Ninetail Blizzard/freeze dry/Auroa veil/moonblast
Lightclay

Aranquid Rest/sleep talk/stockpile/liquidation
Z normalium.

Kill 70% with salamence, switch if any ice type/water type likely to use it.
Avoid rotom
Setup walls and eat ice water type with ninetails
Aranquid is last resort that deal with every wall, and statut abuser.
>>
Adamant or Jolly on Arcanine?

And should i still run flamethrower even with -spatk nature?
>>
also hey I'm sick of trying to grind with bro mons, I just want my fucking stamp.

I'm doing it in singles for now.
mega crescent roll and who else?
>>
>>31196379
Aegislash. Everything croissant is weak to, Aegislash resists. Plus it helps to have something slow so you don't get fucked over by Trick Room.

For the third slot, I used Greninja, but I think any decent special sweeper could fill its role, like Tapu Lele or whatever.
>>
>>31196472
yeah, thanks. I managed to get to 40 with salazzle, hydreigon and fini before but got para/flinch hax'd by Cynthia's togekiss.

what do you do about fairies? I'll likely run lele in the third slot.
>>
>>31196520
aegislash is steel. steel runs fairies into the ground
>>
File: tmp_10830-148338761792791659036.png (51KB, 434x439px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_10830-148338761792791659036.png
51KB, 434x439px
>>31196535
lol yeah duh

I've never used smogon sword before, I forget he is steel.

I do worry about not using fini to prevent status though since everything on tree spams twave
>>
>>31196616
yeah, status can still fuck you over
>>
>>31196631
if it ends up being a problem I'll swap Fini over lele since she can still see up via calm mind

do you have a recommended doubles set btw?
>>
>>31196676
sorry, no, i haven't touched doubles yet.
>>
>>31196019
Should I run adamant or jolly megamence? For both battle tree and online battles?
>>
File: 1459265804075.jpg (113KB, 798x770px) Image search: [Google]
1459265804075.jpg
113KB, 798x770px
>Espeon
>Yawn/Dream Eater/Calm Mind/Protect
what
>>
>>31196993
>dark type
>laugh
>laugh even harder if mega-sableye
>>
File: 1448746370788.jpg (80KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1448746370788.jpg
80KB, 600x800px
>got to battle 50
>lapras vs gyarados
>it only knows blizzard/hydro pump apparently
>dragon dance up as gyarados-mega as it was my last pokemon
>Red uses Blizzard
>does 20%ish
>obviously freezes
>proceeds to slowly kill me with accurate blizzards
>>
File: the wall.jpg (55KB, 400x392px) Image search: [Google]
the wall.jpg
55KB, 400x392px
>enemy Carbink switches into Magnezone
>switch out for Porygon2 because I am locked into Thunderbolt
>Carbink used explosion
>deals 50 damage to Porygon2
>>
>breed a 31/31/31/0/31/30 bagon

should i stop, or is that one lousy iv worth it?
>>
>>31196993
I encountered this yesterday Anon. Luckily I had vital spirit Magmortar.
>>
>>31197349
Since it's speed, you will lose a game you should have won eventually because of it. Always get perfect speed.
>>
>>31197349

Speed is the only stat that actually needs to be perfect, sorry anon.
>>
>>31197424
>>31197379
fug

well, at least it's better stock than its parent
>>
>>31197349
Just bottle cap it if you can afford it
>>
>mfw Adaptability Evoboost Stored Power Eevee with HP Fighting

It's actually somewhat viable.

And if they get you low on health or meme you with a wall you just Baton pass out to something like Tapu Fini and they're pretty boned.
>>
>>31197473
fuck that, it's faster to just bounce around the autism box
>>
Training up Sneasel. How good does this team sound for Super Singles?

Kartana @ Expert Belt (Life Orb?)
Jolly 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
-Leaf Blade
-Smart Strike
-Sacred Sword
-Night Slash

Salamence @ Salamencite
Jolly 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe (5 IV)
-Double Edge
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Dragon Dance

Weavile @ Life Orb (Focus Sash?)
Jolly 252 Atk/6 Def/252 Spe (6 IV)
-Icicle Crash
-Throat Chop
-Ice Shard
-Brick Break
>>
File: one puncher.png (17KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
one puncher.png
17KB, 200x200px
>Mega Steelix outspeeding Magnezone

Am I missing something here? Can that even happen?
>>
>>31197835
Choice Scarf?
>>
>>31197875
>mega steelix
>choice scarf
>>
>>31197875
It's a Mega so it can't hold any choice items.

I have to watch the video after the battle. Maybe I accidentally used Thunderbolt instead of Hidden Power and didn't pay enough attention to notice.

I even have 88 EV in speed.
>>
>>31197900
I was m-m-merely pretending!
>>
File: 37253378.jpg (130KB, 627x559px) Image search: [Google]
37253378.jpg
130KB, 627x559px
>Doubles
>opponent sends carfed Eruption Typhlosion
I deserved that loss. Trying to use A-Ninetales + Cloyster is worse that russian roulette.
>>
File: 1429810329070.png (426KB, 657x477px) Image search: [Google]
1429810329070.png
426KB, 657x477px
>scout cynthia with megaluke
>check her team in regular multi before going to supers with her
>second mon is spiritomb
>swagger/wisp/psychup/sneak
>>
>>31197962

You didn't notice her Spirtomb when you scouted her?

She's really only worth scouting if she has mega Luke and Scarf chomp.
>>
>>31197992
her spiritomb died before it could do anything, all i saw was wisp
also have yet to find colress or guzma with golisopod yet, those two would be a huge help
>>
File: challenged.png (707KB, 715x750px) Image search: [Google]
challenged.png
707KB, 715x750px
>>31197916
Aww fuck, I'm an Idiot. There was a Trick Room still up. I miscounted the turns.
>>
>>31198079
this is why you run sturdy in the tree
>>
>>31198133
I won anyway because I was switching Salamence in and out so Steelix had no attacking power left. The fight just went on for about 12 more turns than needed.
>>
Why are you faggots so bad?
Everythread is:
>5 people that actually beat the tree
>10 people asking those people how to beat the tree
>135 post discussing the shit teams and shit strategies that you will never use.
>150 faggots bitching about the tree, hax and else
>>
>>31198353
bait or retarded?
>>
>>31198446
I already have my three stamps. You tell me.
>>
>>31198446
both
>>
I scouted Colress without paying attention. Am I cool?
>>
>>31198353
How do you beat the tree?
>>
File: link.png (188KB, 492x440px) Image search: [Google]
link.png
188KB, 492x440px
>random youngster
>"I guess I'll give it everything I've got so I have no regrets..."
>has Articuno, Terrakion and Raikou
>>
>getting walled by a fucking Shiintoc as Milotic for 25 turns
Boy, if this thing had some actual SpA I might have lost
Literally had to PP stall with Recover and Haze as it proceeded to Giga Drain spam, poison right away with Sludge Bomb, then try to boost with Charge Beam
Toxic would helped, but I know one day I'll need Haze
>>
>>31196993
I run into that fucking thing so god damn much it pisses me off
>>
File: catlines.jpg (32KB, 269x270px) Image search: [Google]
catlines.jpg
32KB, 269x270px
Is there an overall more sturdy Pokemon than Eviolite Porygon2? That guy can live through almost anything.
>>
>Turn 1 Brightpowder miss against Wally's Magnezone as it locks down my team with Thunder Wave
Pretty triggered right now
Pretty triggered
>>
>>31200057
probably not, but on occasion you will run into a knock-off user that will make you sad
>>
File: why mokou.jpg (245KB, 462x533px) Image search: [Google]
why mokou.jpg
245KB, 462x533px
>Youth Athlete Thamina
>"Look at that cute face...I'll mess it up for you!"
>Youth Athlete Thamina sends out Raikou

Geez
>>
>>31181853

> Frozen
>>
File: 1464220434165-b.jpg (52KB, 600x596px) Image search: [Google]
1464220434165-b.jpg
52KB, 600x596px
>start running assvest primarina for defense
>it's special attacks with only 56 ev investment is OHKO'ing shit left and right
>it's special defense is practically unbreakable without a SE attack
Also salamence's intimidate and aegislash's king's shield help handle physical attackers. Trannyseal is best seal.
>>
>>31198446
Neither, just an asshole.
>>
>>31182507

> the harder it is to obtain, the more useless it is

GF logic
>>
>>31200057
It really pisses me off how many people now use porygon2

Eviolite porygon2 was my bro dammit now the normies like it. pshhhh,,,,,,,,, I liked it before it was cool,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
>>
Is the BP you gain from Battle Royal able to be spent on rewards only purchasable at the Battle Tree?
>>
>>31183398

> dissing Wood Hammer

Guess you haven't fought a Gastrodon.
>>
File: tfw bags.jpg (18KB, 310x250px) Image search: [Google]
tfw bags.jpg
18KB, 310x250px
>Cosmog is banned in the Tree
>>
>>31188068

I think your post gave me throat cancer. Word of advice: Don't meme in your green text.
>>
>>31189194

>Innards Out Puke
Is there any other type?
>Beast Boost Celesteela
Is there any other type?
>Regenerator Toxapex
...Is there any other type?
>>
>>31200735
yes, if you're new you might use the non-optimal ones
>>
>>31192134

No one cares.
>>
File: casul.jpg (100KB, 350x310px) Image search: [Google]
casul.jpg
100KB, 350x310px
>>31200735
>not running a full special attacking Modest Merciless Toxapex in a Toxic Spike Trick Room team
>>
>>31200735
Regenerator Slowbro is still good, though
>>
> U3RG-WWWW-WWW4-23NQ

Is Kartana an overall upgrade from Scizor? I'll definitely miss BP but I feel like Scizor will just die to a random flamethrower before it can use anything else.

I had Aerial Ace on Scizor in that battle
>>
>>31196993

> Battle Tree Espeon

What is a Battle Tree Pokemon that get brushed aside?
>>
File: smug6.jpg (6KB, 251x233px) Image search: [Google]
smug6.jpg
6KB, 251x233px
>>31197163

>Steven's Metagross
>Switch to Mimikyu
>Metagross uses Explosion
>>
>>31197349
Keep breeding
Also Salamence can run Draco Meteor/Fire blast for coverage so go for Sp.Att as well
>>
>>31197349

BOTTLE FUCKING CAPSLOCK
>>
>>31200764

You completely missed the point of the post.
>>
>>31200805

Scizor sucks right now.
>>
File: 1446304793393.jpg (22KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1446304793393.jpg
22KB, 500x281px
>>31200868
>opponent using the cheesy feather dance/QA/endeavor staraptor
>switch in marowak
>uturns out, giving me a free KO on whatever comes in
>happens often since "hey this guy is using two strong physical attackers, this staraptor will get him!"
>>
>>31200917
I believe I did
>>
File: doag.jpg (9KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
doag.jpg
9KB, 500x369px
>enemy Gigalith used Lock On!
>oh fuck better switch out
>enemy Gigalith used Iron Defense!
>>
>>31201093
you go played, son
>>
File: 1482862280897.gif (3MB, 436x359px) Image search: [Google]
1482862280897.gif
3MB, 436x359px
>tfw swept by Shell Smash Kommo-o
>can't upload the video because even the game knows it cheated
Why the fuck is this allowed?
>>
File: mamihappy.jpg (82KB, 429x242px) Image search: [Google]
mamihappy.jpg
82KB, 429x242px
>You are challenged by Pokemon Center Lady Perri

I had 2 streaks at over 80 wins and this is the first time I ran into this type of trainer. I did not even know this was a trainer class.She even leads with Audino.
>>
Any good sets for Alolan Muk? I'm thinking about pairing it with Mimikyu and something else, maybe Porygon-Z or Mega Slowbro
>>
>>31183190
>hacked
>torrent greninja
For what reason
>>
>>31200735
Unaware is nice for toxic stalling stuff.
>>
>>31201273
Curse Muk is pretty nice. Just have a good mon to switch into ground attacks.
>>
Already got all the stamps, so I've just been doing meme teams in the battle tree. Right now I'm doing doubles with.

>Poison gas Salazzle
>Merciless full special attack invested Toxapex
>>
>>31201359
Is it better than Assault Vest? Seems that I'll have to hatch another egg move for it

I was planning to use M-Slowbro as my check to Ground Types as most of them are physical. I might try another one like Togekiss, though
>>
File: 1438988730375.jpg (29KB, 504x430px) Image search: [Google]
1438988730375.jpg
29KB, 504x430px
>>31201381
>poison gas
>not tox
>>
>>31200805
>I feel like Scizor will just die to a random flamethrower
I think origami will suffer the same fate though.
>>
>>31201406
Poison Gas is a spread move.

>>31201397
For battle tree it's effective. AV is good too.
>>
>>31201397
assvest is inferior to gluttony+figy, you're basically boosting his total health by 1.5x that way without limiting your moves
>>
>>31201441
Is figy berry that good? The confusion chance seems awful with the randomness of the battle tree. Mind sharing the set?
>>
>>31201486
>chance
famalam, as Adamant you never get confused by a FIgy Berry
>>
>>31201486
figy and friends have been drastically buffed, they now only confuse if your nature lowers a particular stat while healing 1/2 total health
figy is used because confusion only happens if your nature is -atk, which muk never uses any of
>>
>>31201521
>>31201535
I didn't know that, now I'm really hoping to get Recycle as a move tutor for A-Muk in the future
>>
File: she sees your dick.jpg (69KB, 558x549px) Image search: [Google]
she sees your dick.jpg
69KB, 558x549px
>My Porygon2 is speed tied with Wally's Magnezone
>>
>fucking lose to a mono-fire team on doubles because the typhlosion knew solar beam
Fucking retarded I knew I should have quit while I was ahead.
>>
>>31201634
Honestly, those mono-fire Drought teams mean business
Just lost to one with that fucking flinchspam Infernape and Charizard Y lead
It's a rough set to deal with
>>
File: 1483312589466.jpg (56KB, 380x384px) Image search: [Google]
1483312589466.jpg
56KB, 380x384px
>TFW at 31

Always scary to go on from here.
>>
>>31201634
I hate to use it, but I might have to resort to Sneak Stones
>>
>all these scrubs making a big deal about battles before 100
>>
File: mayonaise.jpg (12KB, 296x320px) Image search: [Google]
mayonaise.jpg
12KB, 296x320px
So let me get this straight.

Using Bottle Caps increase the stats of a Mon to match as if they had 31 IVs. However, said mon's IVs don't actually increase, and thus cannot be inherited by its offspring, nor would its Hidden Power's type be affected.

In short, thanks to Bottle Caps, the only things one would need to breed for would be Egg Moves, Natures, and Hidden Power typings, correct?
>>
Just beat Red on Super Singles lads. Don't give up. Now to have a go at Doubles.
>>
>>31202242
Yes, but Pokemon need to be level 100 before using bottlecaps.
>>
>>31202242
Technically true but do not forget:

Your Pokemon needs to be lvl 100 to use the bottlecaps. It takes fucking forever to get a Pokemon to level 100 in this game.

You could breed 20 perfect IV Pokemon in the time it takes you to get a single Pokemon to lvl 100.
>>
>>31202292
>>31202307
Oh right. Forgot about that. But I'd rather spend time levelling one pokemon than spend ages more trying to catch and breed mons with wrong statistics.
>>
>>31202366
Just use a 6IV injected ditto lol
>>
>breeding for hp fire magnemite
>dragon
>steel
>steel
>dragon
>>
>>31190353
IKTF. My Lucario's Metal Claw missed twice in a row.
>>
File: 1483247254311.jpg (381KB, 756x756px) Image search: [Google]
1483247254311.jpg
381KB, 756x756px
About what round do teams start getting harder?
>>
>>31203048
Starting from battle 41 you start facing legendaries and primarily sets 3 and 4 of other species (check the OP links), set3-4 includes a Mega set usually.
>>
>>31203048
Around 25-30 is when people will start using Mega evolution.

At 40+ enemy teams will often have legendaries.
>>
>btfo battle maison
>have only been able to crack 40 once in the tree
this is frustrating
>>
File: 1483329371154.png (395KB, 548x598px) Image search: [Google]
1483329371154.png
395KB, 548x598px
>all the pokemon i like using have at least 2x weakness to ice
>my two best mons are 4x weak to it
>>
>>31203147
Learn to love steel types.
>>
I put up with the Battle Tree's abuse long enough to get an Absolite fuck this bullshit, I'll just phex some more BP if I ever want to use the other megas and maybe make it so my pokemon can never faint so I can get Red's stones. Fucking Rock Slide Aerodactyle has fucked me for the last time
>>
If I get a long streak, then start another attempt into mode that carries over into midnight, will I still get the reward from the first streak the next day and the reward from the streak that went after midnight the day after that?
>>
>>31203147
>>31203160
Smogonsword, Stallmory and FairyFucker3000 are some of the best gluemons any team could ask for
>>
What are good Kommo-o partners? I have a modest one with Autotomize and I plan to use it, maybe with A-Muk and Mega Bro
>>
>>31203048
>heart eyes
i know something that got harder
>>
>>31203160
megagross is too cheese for me and aggron isnt available yet.
>>31203187
stall teams make me ill. which is fairy fucker?
>>
Pheromosa's best set is probably high jump kick/uturn/ice beam/poison jab?
>>
>>31203202
mega scizor shits on anything that's not a fire type. Switch in, swords dance in their face, roost off the damage, proceed to kill
>>
>>31201222

Fun fact: She's the only Pokemon Center lady you've ever been able to battle.
>>
>>31203202
You shouldn't feel bad about cheesing the battle tree. Fuck those assholes. All the steel types I want to recommend are transfer only god damn it.
>>
>>31203287

Pheromosa is noob bait. You're asking to get fucked over by HJK missing or getting blocked.
>>
File: 1483271469810.jpg (7KB, 242x209px) Image search: [Google]
1483271469810.jpg
7KB, 242x209px
>down to a-marowak
>enemy's last mon is lucario
>ready to one shot it
>Lucario used Dark Pulse!
>Marowak fainted!
>>
What do I use for doubles? I'm seriously at my fucking wit's end. I'll try fucking anything. I keep using different teams and nothing fucking works.
>>
>>31203202
Megagross is actually not as cheese as you might think because it's best moves will often miss and so many enemy Pokemon have stuff like Shadow Ball.
>>
>>31203413

Is low kick too unreliable, or a decent substitute? Doesn't U turn switch out of block?
>>
>>31203413
This, the thing is a worse Katrana
>>
>Round 20 in Multis.
>Cynthia with a rising star.

I thought special trainers could only team up with other special trainers?
>>
>>31203287
>>31203413
She's good but not so much for tree. When you only have three pokemon it really helps to have immunities or a common 4x resistance on a glass cannon so you can get in one switch at least.
>>
>>31203287
Here is what happens if you use the cute roach:

>HJK constantly missing
>shit hanging on with focus sashes, killing you in return
>you missing because brightpowder -> enemy killing you in return
>priority moves killing you
>trick room stopping you completely
>>
>>31203465
>>31203413

Does this mean smogon won't ban it to ubers? I'm tired of them banning shit I like
>>
>>31203540

Entire different scenerio, luck bases builds are much less viable in facilities.
>>
>>31202247
Good fucking luck. Super Doubles is bullshit.
>>
>>31203540
Playing with her she hits hard but she doesn't seem too unmanageable. >>31203530 pretty much covers it. But missed that she has some trouble with Ghosts too.
>>
>>31201381
What the hell did you use for doubles? No one ever seems to post their doubles team.
>>
Holy shit this Primarina build from the previous thread
>hit by crit solar beam
>still have 65 hp left
>>
>>31203671
Primerina is cool. I can't wait for her HA so I can create some cheesy as fuck Echoed Voice w/Shell Bell set.
>>
What song do you pick?
>>
>>31203713
Is Liquid Voice better than it sounds? It doesn't even power up her moves like Aerialate or Pixelate
>>
>>31203761
default so I get special songs against special trainers
>>
>>31203761
I was using Kahuna Battle but you won't be able to hear the special music for the guest trainers unless it's default, which is fucken gay
>>
>>31203771
Liquid Voice isn't even obtainable. And no, Torrent is better.
>>
File: 1483324741829.gif (599KB, 565x500px) Image search: [Google]
1483324741829.gif
599KB, 565x500px
>enemy weavile has fake out fling taunt night slash
>switch into ghost type turn one to negate fakeout
>flings razor claw instead doing 75% of its health
>minior back out after the faint
>prepare to shell smash since it will just fakout anyways
>leads with taunt instead
>never uses fake out
>second mon is glalie
>>
>>31203771
Might be able to pull off some goofy shit in doubles with Perish Song and a Water Absorb partner (granted I'm not entirely sure it works the way I hope it does) but otherwise no not really. Mostly it gives her a STAB option that works around subs at the cost of a bit of damage with Echo Voice.
>>
>>31203761
Trainer just for the famous NPC music.

But I mostly have the game sound muted and only turn it back on against special trainers. Though I find Gladeon's theme to be the least annoying to listen to when playing for a long time with sound on.
>>
>>31203845
Stupid Question: Does Echoed Voice have to be used back to back to power up? Or can I use it, use another move, then use it again to power up?
>>
>>31203902
Doubles in power as it is used consecutively up to a maximum of 200.
>>
>>31203935
So... Echoed Voice with Choice Item mite b kool?
>>
>>31203845
>>31203902
I meant to say Hyper Voice here not Echoed. Echoed is just a cute gimmick at best.
>>
>>31203948
If she had the speed to support that I could see it being fun but given her stat spread I'd say a Shell Bell or an Ass Vest would get you the most mileage.
>>
File: 1316711097409.jpg (10KB, 275x297px) Image search: [Google]
1316711097409.jpg
10KB, 275x297px
>multibattle partner's mega dies
>his second is gogoat
>uses fucking SURF instead of ENERGY BALL against ELECTIVIRE
>WHILE I HAVE A MAROWAK ON THE FIELD

WHY IS THIS AI SO FUCKING STUPID
>>
>>31203202
>too cheese

Nothing is too cheese for the Tree. I'd use Mega Fug if it let me.
>>
>>31204052
It would be nice if they at least hinted at what they were gonna do. Since you don't have the luxury of proper strategy with a human.
>>
File: [contemplative jazz music].gif (957KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
[contemplative jazz music].gif
957KB, 500x418px
>wonder why the fuck my pory2 is always outslowed by ttar despite having the lowest speed possible for TR abuse
>check movesets in OP
>it's holding an iron ball
>it literally never uses fling
thanks, tree?
>>
File: 1483402922932.jpg (27KB, 364x348px) Image search: [Google]
1483402922932.jpg
27KB, 364x348px
>shell smash adamant minior after shields down procced
>stone edge doesnt even get porygon-2 to 50%
>>
>>31202607
I'd inject if I needed it that badly, but right now I don't have any experience in the field, and I don't want to screw up my DS or void its warranty.
>>
File: 1479688544893s.jpg (2KB, 125x78px) Image search: [Google]
1479688544893s.jpg
2KB, 125x78px
>>31204147
>Used a Trick/ Iron Ball Metagross in 4th gen.
>Was playing a guy at my colleges Pokemon club.
>mfw he leads with Slowking and uses trick room.
It was a slaughter. I really wish non-mega Metagross was still viable. Magearna fills the hole left in my heart but for some dumbass reason you can't use it in the tree. God I'm so assmad about that.
>>
>>31204314
Shit, saved a thumbnail. Please proceed to fling your insults.
>>
>>31204290
Just get one from a giveaway thread lol

that's what I did
>>
>>31204290
Injecting is actually retard-proof right now with Soundhax
It takes literally 15 minutes to set up and requires no hardmod or anything
>>
>>31203413
Pheromosa was good, but let me down too much. My most painful moment was her not killing a Crobat with Ice Beam despite being Modest, and then getting OHKO'd in return. If you don't kill with Pheromosa, you will die, period. Salamence, Lucario, Metagross etc don't have that problem.
>>
>>31204454
>>31204380
Also, I'm not looking to get banned. Really don't want any injected stuff in my game for the sake of not getting flagged, but thanks for the suggestion. I'm really stingy about my game.
>>
File: 1483050155431.png (717KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1483050155431.png
717KB, 800x1000px
>At round 35

FUUUUUUUUUUCK I'VE NEVER BEEN THIS FAR YET

I-I'm too scared to play. Is using Serebii to try and determine what you're up against good, or can it fuck you over if think it's the wrong Pokemon/try something fancy you otherwise wouldn't?
>>
>>31200791
Thank you for your commendable contribution, sir.

I'm still thinking on who to replace, by the way. Should I keep Toxapex, Celesteela, or neither and just go with Aegislash for a Koko/MeMence/Aegislash party?

As for the Mega's set, suggestions on the filler would be nice.

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- [Filler]
>>
>>31204542
Not saying anything about the legality of anything in VGC, but I'm just too paranoid to have it in-game.
>>
>>31204567

Using serebii has helped me quite a bit.
>>
>>31204567
It can be hard to tell the set before it takes any action, but it's still valuable
>>
>>31203803
This is why I don't look up movesets anymore. When I know their movesets, I try to predict things I normally wouldn't, and it fucks me in the ass.
>>
>>31204573
I thought DD sets typically ran bulky and used roost.
>>
>>31204767
This is correct
If you want to boost and DE, you want that longevity
>>
>>31204573
>Jolly
>>
File: 1480005944820.png (381KB, 675x834px) Image search: [Google]
1480005944820.png
381KB, 675x834px
>been playing the Tree for like a week on-and-off, and already got a capsule, specs, life orb, lucarionite

Remember when you had to beat 7 faggots in a row to get like 5 BP?
>>
>>31204542
i don't see you getting banned, you can always say you got it off GTS
>>
>>31204856
>life orb
why, it's free

and yeah been playing for a few days and got 300 bp
>>
>>31204856

One piece of casualization I can get behind.
>>
>>31204856
I've gotten most items, a few Mega stones and have saved up over 500 BP just trying to beat super doubles.
>>
god, breeding for hp fire on magnemite is CANCER
>>
I just got the multis stamp with A.I back up and forgot to save the battle video because I'm dumb.

I did record this extremely close match at round 42 though if anyone wants to see panic.

E9KG-WWWW-WWW4-2DNV
>>
>>31205116

It didn't take that long for me but I settled for shit I.V's to hyper train. Little bastard is currently level 57.
>>
>About to fight red for the first time

I'm stressed. Help.
>>
>Move collection into bank to mass farm BP for SM.
>Already drowning in BP and have every mega stone.

>>31205302

Don't be, Red's piss easy. Blue can be annoying though.
>>
>>31205302
In Singles, or Super Singles?

He's pretty easy in both though desu.
>>
>>31205315
>>31205347
Just beat him. I almost got Freeze haxed by Lapras which scared me.
>>
>>31205133

Also if anyone cares, the multis team that got me the stamp was

Greninja@Waterium Z
Naive (Timid's better for this but naive's what I have)
Max sp.atk/speed
Water Shurriken
Hydro Pump
Dark Pulse
Extra Sensory.

Salamence@Salamenctie
Intimidate
Adamant
Max attack/speed
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Double Edge
-Earthquake.

Did bro op with Colress's megagross in the lead and his assault vest Magnezone.

Hydro Pump Z was great for picking off the water and ground types that Metagross baited out and getting battle bond going.
>>
New bread when?

>tfw disguise blocks the OHKO hit
>>
>>31205398

Done!
>>31205481
>>
>>31197732
Focus sash on kartana has saved my ass more times than I can count.
Thread posts: 354
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.