[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Lunala will be OU at best >Ash-Greninja is worse than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

>Lunala will be OU at best
>Ash-Greninja is worse than Protean
>Complete Zygarde is terrible

what other times has /vp/ been btfo on?
>>
To be fair, everyone assumed Ash-Ninja would be shit when everyone thought it was nature locked.
>>
>>31175627
why did they think that
retards
>>
File: 1470072317264.gif (444KB, 500x252px) Image search: [Google]
1470072317264.gif
444KB, 500x252px
>Zygarde
>>
>the owl will be a fast mixed sweeper!
>El Tigre will be a fast physical sweeper!
>the seal will have mega bulk!
>>
>>31175645
Because the Demo one was Nature locked?
>>
>>31175660
>this means anything
>>
>>31175656
I just want El Tigre's HA already so I can use it in VGC. Yes, I like VGC/Doubles. Fuck off
>>
>>31175674
We don't get a ton of "transfer" style events in Pokemon, but when we do they've always been Nature locked. Except Ash-Greninja. It was a pretty reasonable assumption to make
>>
>>31175542
>Contrary serperior wont even break RU
>Mega sableye is shit, it loses prankster
>mega swampert is going to singlehandedly bring back rain offence to OU!

>>31175656
>Speculation before stats are known
>Relevant to the thread
People thought crabrawler wouldn't evolve, is that worthy of this too?
>>
>>31175758
>>mega swampert is going to singlehandedly bring back rain offence to OU!

Is Showdown allowing use of megas that aren't available for players in SM? Maybe Swampert is okay in doubles now due to the new speed mechanic for megas.
>>
>>31175656
>Primarina will have Aurora Veil

I'm actually really mad at what that move ended up being
>>
Basically every tal about mega. Slow bro, sable eye, loop bunny. The only one predicted correctly was how Audi no sucks
>>
>>31175824
no
showdown is a sim, so it only allows things that a possible in game, regardless of how difficult or infeasible it would be to get or make.
>>
Everyone who compares protean to ashninja is a sub 1500 shitter. At the moment every smogonfag is obsessed with hyper offense, and ash greninja wrecks offense. If balance ever shows up again protean will be better
>>
>>31175542
They said the same thing about Solgaleo
>>
>>31175758
Torracat's stats were revealed in the trailers showing it was a fast physical attacker, and people assumed the tiger would follow this pattern.
>>
>>31175542
But part of the smogon community said the same things.
>Celesteela is not bad, but not good either because it has no roost
>Pheromosa is the first one getting banned
>>
File: IMG_9151.jpg (31KB, 383x455px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9151.jpg
31KB, 383x455px
>>31175542
>Complete Zygarde is terrible

Complete zygarde was quick banned by smogon what see you taking about?
>>
>>31178055
>reading comprehension
>>
>>31178055
Retard
>>
File: 1483145184831.jpg (7KB, 158x153px) Image search: [Google]
1483145184831.jpg
7KB, 158x153px
>Bruxish and Tsareena will be GOAT because of their abilities! Talonflame won't stand a chance! Stats don't matter if they can shut down priority!
And then it turned out they weren't even needed to slay Smogonbird.
>>
>>31178194
>Tsareena
>Talonflame used Flare Blitz!
>>
>Vikavolt will be fast!
:(
>Mimikyu, Minior, Komala, and Araquanid will be garbage!
>>
>>31178252
What can Komala do?
>>
File: 1479692510585.jpg (44KB, 398x370px) Image search: [Google]
1479692510585.jpg
44KB, 398x370px
>>31175542
>what other times has /vp/ been btfo on?
Literally every single time /vp/ makes predictions. I'm not even kidding. Whenever the majority of /vp/ reaches a certain consensus, the true outcome is the exact opposite. Anyone who was here during XY leak season remembers how M-Charizard X was supposed to be complete shit because "it's still fucked by Stealth Rock on the switch and now also has a weakness to Earthquake and Outrage". M-Sableye was also supposed to be garbage because "it doesn't gain enough bulk to make up for the loss of Prankster". More recently, I don't remember anyone talking about Regenerator set on Toxapex when we learned about its stats and abilities. Everyone was talking about using it as an offensive Merciless sweeper which is actually just a gimmick and not used in any serious teams. Lycanroc-Midday was also supposed to be a huge threat with it Accelerock and all that shit.

I swear to god, /vp/ is the home to the worst competitive players in the entire Pokemon community. Not only are the predictions of this board wrong literally every single time, but they're the EXACT OPPOSITES of what actually ends up happening. Always.
>>
>>31178403
Oh yeah, and remember how Avalugg was supposed to be OU? The unbreakable wall with Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin. What a great Mon it is in the current metagame.
>>
>>31178439
While I didn't think it'd be OU, I didn't expect Ice to be so bad of a typing that it goes from really shitty to top tier threat just from playing Inverse Battles.
>>
>>31178377
>immunity to Sleep, Burn, Paralysis, Poison and Freeze
>decent stats for a single-stage Pokemon
>Stockpile-related Moves and Wish
>decent variety of moves to compliment its 115 Base Attack
>>
>>31178504
Isn't Sleep the only think that can affect it?
>>
I got laughed off /vp/ for saying Mega Metagross would be good.
>>
>>31179078
Nope. No status moves work on it.
Meaning it can't use rest either.
>>
>>31175542
To be fair Lunala does have multscale and sucker punch nerf

We didn't know that
>>
>>31178194
I mean, they aren't bad mons either, especially Bruxish.
>>
>>31179130
We knew about it having Multiscale but the retards here acted like that wasn't a factor and said it would be shit regardless.
>>
>>31175849
Pretty sure we guessed that Mega Salamence would be Uber. That's... one thing. One blindingly obvious thing.
>>
>>31178403
/vp/ is mostly kids
>>
>>31179235
Wait when did we?
>>
>>31175542
i definitely remember a lot of /vp/ thinking celesteela was going to be shit. but to be fair, most people underrated that one.
>>
>>31179279
Pretty sure their abilities were announced and described at the same time as their type combinations.
>>
File: IMG_1355.jpg (25KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1355.jpg
25KB, 250x250px
>Complete zygarde
>shit

Literally all you need to destroy any team in Uber's with this thing is a bulky set with rest, sleep talk, thousand arrows and coil.
>>
>>31175656
Primarina does have bulk. Just little to use with it.
>>
>Megagross Will be in Ubers because Solgaleo is trash compared to him
>>
>>31178403
Really makes you think
>>
>>31179279
The 4x weaknesses were just perfect to fuel the constant stream of retards saying shit like:

>Gastly used Lick!
>Poochyena used Pursuit!
>>
>>31178055

idiot
>>
>>31175758
they were right about M-Swampy, but one gen too early. Whenever his mega stone is released he'll be solid this gen.
>>
>>31181488
I think you're retarded, anon. We're talking about times vp has been spectacularly BTFO. Speaking of which, does anyone have the "Congrats Ash for being the Kalos champion" thread screencap?
>>
>>31176069
Only idiots thought Celesteela was anything less than solid OU material.

>>31178252
>Vikavolt will be fast
a very sensible prediction to make btfo by the idiots at gamefreak.

>Mimikyu will be garbage
People recognized early on that it had a retardedly good ability and typing, but there was reason to believe the stats wouldn't be good. Anyone with a brain said it would be high tier UU at worst after seeing stats.

>Komala will be garbage
It's not exactly good.

>Araquanid will be garbage
A fair assumption until we figured out water bubble's hidden properties which are in no way mentioned in its description.
>>
File: chesnaught.jpg (12KB, 248x203px) Image search: [Google]
chesnaught.jpg
12KB, 248x203px
>>31175542

Everytime they start specularing for tiers of Smogon. ESPECIALLY UU, since most of /vp/ has no idea how stronk UU gets

>Oh this Pokémon has slow speed, no moves, poor STAB, poor bulk, low BST in general
>Does have a gimmicky set-up strategy that essentially relies on the opponent not doing anything and allowing you to set up for like 3 turns.
>"Probably just not OU, but guaranteed UU!"

Every. Goddamn. Time.
>>
>Dude UU has bulky water types right?
>Primarina will feel at home there!
Meanwhile its usage is dropping like a brick since UU stopped being tournament only even if it was alright as a wallbreaker.
I'm merely memeing, it has to do with Azumarill being UU atm
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.