[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This Ultra Space is so big and vast. Such an adventure! So much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: 74.jpg (18KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
74.jpg
18KB, 400x240px
This Ultra Space is so big and vast.

Such an adventure! So much to see and explore! Such unique experience!

>Do a game about different dimensions where you cant experience any of it

...what went wrong with the Ultra "one corridor" Space?
>>
It wasn't a Mystery Dungeon, but people bitch about randomly generated dungeons they can't cheese with a guide.
>>
File: 1483340835679.png (204KB, 391x241px) Image search: [Google]
1483340835679.png
204KB, 391x241px
>yfw Ultra-Space is a Kanto-sized post game in Pokemon Stars
>>
>>31172919
It's a shame.
Hell they could have made it into a warped version of Alola and have you make your way to that version of resovation cave.

But no, we get a corridor.
>>
Do you want to get attacked by a horde of Guzzlords.
>>
File: IMG_3418.jpg (100KB, 456x386px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3418.jpg
100KB, 456x386px
>>31172947
>that pic
>mfw the original image is burned into my retinas for the rest of eternity
>>
File: metasweat.jpg (37KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
metasweat.jpg
37KB, 480x480px
>>31172972
W-well, when you put it that way...
>>
>>31172972
Yes. Would have been better than what we got.
>>
File: toot.png (268KB, 492x442px) Image search: [Google]
toot.png
268KB, 492x442px
>>31172997
>>
>>31172940
>Implying Ultra Space won't be the final area in the next PMD
>>
>>31172972
That would be sick, actually. Imagine a super long gauntlet full of UBs as your wild encounters. You have to actually struggle to get to Lusamine.
>>
>>31173016
>talking UBs
>>
>>31173016
I've just realised the Ultra Beasts are going to be a pain to fit into future generations' games.
I guess they'll just have the equivalent of Hoopa's Rings in ORAS, with Ultra Wormholes dotted in random places.
>>
>>31173106
>Implying GF won't just make Hoopa the Wizard who did it of recurring legendaries that don't make sense
>>
>>31172919
I was very disappointed after Distortion World. We should be over waiting for third versions to get substantial areas in the games.

And I thought we were
>>
File: LAUGHINGCRYINGFACE.jpg (18KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
LAUGHINGCRYINGFACE.jpg
18KB, 200x200px
>>31173025
>Anon used an attack on Guzzlord
>It's super-effective!
>Guzzlord called for help!
>Guzzlord appeared!

The fun never stops
>>
>>31172919
>what went wrong with the Ultra "one corridor" Space?
Look at the screenshot you posted. You can see what went wrong right behind the MC. It even has a yellow head for easy recognition.
>>
>>31172940
>next games will have Ultra Space which is like the Underground in Sinnoh and also the Underground
>>
>>31173052
>Buzzwole only talks about its muscules
>>
>>31172919
It should have been a postgame area. A wider one, to boot.
>>
>>31174443
This is true
>>
>>31174443
Distortion world was also pretty small, though I agree it was at least exciting, and the giratina forme change when entering/exiting was a cool gimmick.
>>
It probably was bigger but got cut just like walking pokemon :(
>>
File: Xen_first_island.jpg (688KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Xen_first_island.jpg
688KB, 1280x1024px
>>31172919
How'd you feel if they made Ulta Space my mom's Xen?
>>
>>31174551
The Distortion World wasn't a big piece of the plot and only had one purpose while the Ultra Space should be used efficiently because it is very plot related. GameFreak is just really fucking lazy when it comes to plot development.
>>
>>31174651
>The Distortion World wasn't a big piece of the plot
Did you play Platinum or just watch your favourite shituber do it?
>>
>>31174658
You should know what I mean. It only had two goals and that was to defeat a strong ass Cyrus and catch Giratina.

It wasn't big enough in the plot to explore more of it.

It was like an important version of the White Forest and the Black City and that's it.
>>
>>31172919
Because Nintendo stopped putting effort in their games when they started to be for the 3ds.
If this were for the DS, you would have a much bigger area of the Distortion World than that miserable attempt of doing something cool, more new Pokémon, more new moves and a bigger and more diverse region.
Remember the Distortion World? The Battle Frontier? The PWT? The White Treehollow or the Black Tower? Now all we get is the Battle Tower X.0 and Looker's plot that could be easily integrated in the main story.
>"O-oh! But all you mentioned were features from the third version!!"
Yeah, and where is Pokémon Z? Why didn't ORAS integrated Emerald elements like the Battle Frontier when HGSS did with Crystal? I guess it's easier to just jump to a new, fresh and incomplete game since more people will buy it.
Anyway, at least now they try to do something to keep the formula fresh.
>>
>>31172919
What went wrong is Gamefreak deciding they wanted to appeal to smartphone gamers. Which is why, not just Ultra Space, but the entirety of SM is streamlined and simplified.
This is your Pokemon now
>>
>>31174928
>Nintendo
>>
>>31175101
SM managed to be good but the next game might just as easily turn out bad. I'm certainly seeing trends I really don't like being set up for the future of the franchise
>>
>>31174928
>Because GameFreak stopped putting effort in their games when they started to be for the DS.
ftfy

Gen 4 was the start of the downfall seeing as outside of the split it was a straight downgrade from 3 in every other way. They tried rectifying it with 5 but it didn't sell as well so they just went fuck it and went all in on the nostalgia pandering because it's a surefire way of getting something.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.