[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats was your first random shiny encounter /v/? if you've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 30

File: 401_Kricketot_DP_Shiny.png (37KB, 480x754px) Image search: [Google]
401_Kricketot_DP_Shiny.png
37KB, 480x754px
whats was your first random shiny encounter /v/? if you've had one yet that is
mine was pic related early on in platinum made a promise that any shiny i get ill use in the main game and it brings back a lot of good memories
i plan to breed a shiny one again for the inevitable Gen IV remakes
>>
File: nosepass.jpg (7KB, 208x192px) Image search: [Google]
nosepass.jpg
7KB, 208x192px
One of these in Emerald
>>
the first one i saw was klank on my brothers black and white. but my first one was a machop in kalos
>>
Unofficially a shiny phanpy in a fire red rom.
Officially a duckett in black 1 while hatching eggs on charizard bridge
>>
Shiny Riolu in Black
>>
My first completely random shiny was a graveller in a wild double battle. It exploded its first turn.
Second was a Swanna in BW when I was going across a bridge not paying attention and ran from it, only noticing a second too late.
>>
File: azure.jpg (55KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
azure.jpg
55KB, 640x480px
>>31165662
First ever? Lake of Rage Gyarados
If that doesn't count, then I caught a shiny pupper a couple hours by SOS chaining
>>
>>31165770
jesus christ id stop playing after all that
>>
Machop while searching for a numel in ruby. My second was FUCKING GROUDON.

I honestly thought it was an event for reordering because I was 11 and a shiny legendary
>>
Just over a week ago on Christmas eve ran into one of these guys looking for a mon for my dex. Then a couple days later a shiny Fearow. Only took 14 years.
>>
My first shiny that I remember and that I caught was a Shiny Grimer. Was playing Ruby, going through Fiery Path. Good times

I've found a crazy amount of random shinies, especially in generation 2. Jumpluff, Pidgeot and even Entei while playing Crystal, all random encounters

Shinies are such a cool concept, man. I'm happy Game Freak created them, they add a new layer to the games that I can't find in most RPGs

However, my constant paranoia while I'm playing that my next encounter will be a shiny Pokémon makes me ever so slightly less happy when I actually find one
>>
A fucking Mr. Mime in Platinum. It's kinda funny considering I spent like 200 hours in Emerald shiny hunting but I never got anything. Then low and behold this fucking asshat hops into a quickball first thing.
>>
>>31165662
Shiny Vulpix in Ruby a long time ago, was also my only shiny ever.
>>
File: latest.png (92KB, 289x363px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
92KB, 289x363px
>have gold as kid, bro has silver
>First playthrough, catch sudowoodo with red "leaves"
>bro isn't that far yet, don't think anything of it
>he catches up, gets green sudowoodo
>lose my shit

come to think of it, I found a purple Drowzee near the daycare. KO'd it, though. Never liked Drowzee

...you know what? I think I'll chain a shiny Bonsly now
>>
A Zigzagoon in Alpha Sapphire
It was postgame, though, while EV training via hordes.
>>
>find shiny sewaddle in early forest in black
>play white 2 and find shiny leavanny in a hidden grotto
kinda cool but wish i had gotten a different poke one of those times
>>
>>31165662
Never seen a legit shiny and I've been playing since gen 1. Maybe I saw one while grinding and wasn't paying attention, though.

Idk if it counts, but I was playing a HGSS rom with randomized pokemon and found a shiny Combusken in Bellsprout Tower. I broke my nuzlocke to catch him lol.
>>
>>31167450
Oh and I saw two shinies while doing the battle tower in the original RS, which pissed me off. I. Tried to throw pokeballs even though I knew it would never work. Feelsbadman.
>>
Route 209 in Pearl, I found a shiny Geodude and used it on my team
when Platinum came out, I found a shiny Ponyta in the same area
>>
It was a pidgey I found in Fire Red before I got pokeballs. I dropped the game and never touched it again.

I did also run into a shiny cyndaquil in an emerald randomizer run while grinding, though.
>>
>>31165662
Technically my first shiny encounter was a Tranquill on Victory Road in BW2, but I didn't count that because the encounter rates were absurdly high anyway. No, the first shiny I paid attention to was a Starly on the second route of Platinum.
>>
Nidoran in the Safari Zone in Firered
The little fucker ran from me
And that was the only shiny I've ever seen in the wild or otherwise.
>>
Shiny Tentacool in Diamond, I fucking ran from it because I had no idea why there were sparkles.

God I want to hit myself
>>
File: 1478537263388.gif (364KB, 535x535px) Image search: [Google]
1478537263388.gif
364KB, 535x535px
Female Geodude in Leaf green
Grinding in Victory Road

>tfw my little bro starts playing pokemon for the first time, fire red
>after 5 days, Shiny Ekans
>>
>>31165869
>random

...dude.
>>
>>31165662
I got a shiny Drowsee within an hour of playing Sun. Was trying to get an item and it just popped up.
>>
>>31165869
Do you understand what random means?
>>
File: images.png (13KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
13KB, 261x193px
>>31165662
Letter D, back in Crystal
>>
>>31165662
>/v/
Did nobody else notice?
>>
My full list of random shinies

>Geodude LG
>Dratini (ran away, safari zone) LG
>Meowth FR
>Klink B2
>Solosis X
>Pelliper AS
>Roggenrola MOON

Got both a Seedot and a Pansage in 1 egg, but With Masuda Method
>>
>>31165968
That took a while, anon
>>
>>31167602
Those are always there man
>>
>>31168689
OP here fuck my bad i go back and forth between /v/ and /vp/ so i musta just got jumbled a bit and posted it without really thinking
>>
A tentacruel in either Pearl or Platinum. I didn't have enough balls to catch it.
>>
A shiny Geodude in Silver. I thought it was just a glitch, killed it, and went along my merry way.
>>
>>31170844
Me and my sister thought we found a glitched Hariyama in her game so we came to the conclusion to KO it
>>
Suicune, of all pokemon, in Emerald 386 romhack. To make things even funnier, my brother's was Regirock during his run. Same hack, same location.

In legit games I got Nuzleaf in Ruby once. And I do remember a shiny Croagunk, but can't really place it. Blaze Black probably.
>>
An Amoonguss in Pokemon White. I fucking hate it but i've still kept it.
>>
Black 2, went into the cave right above Driftveil City trying to evolve a Dratini and this was the first encounter.
>>
File: image.png (131KB, 916x682px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
131KB, 916x682px
shiny marill my friend found while playing my diamond version as kids. super stressful capture too, since we encountered it in the safari zone. it had shit stats and the wrong ability but the ability capsule/bottlecaps are a nice fix for that, and i intend to teach it some move tutor attacks before transferring it to SM. his name is daxter.
>>
>>31165662
A Wurmple in Sapphire, I thought it was a glitch at the time (I was like 6) so I caught it to see what would happen.

Evolved into a Beautifly I still have to this day.
>>
Played since Ruby

In X/Y I got a Spiritomb on wondertrade so I decided to give away some instead of always sending shitty pokemon, got a shiny on my first egg.

I still send shitty Pokemon out
>>
>>31165662
Shiny Golbat. Evolved it and then copied it using the Battle Frontier glitch.
One of them is now in gen 6, one in gen 4 or 5, and the original in gen 3.
>>
You know the Volcarona in B2W2 that is sitting around like a legendary?

Yeah. I was soft resetting for a Modest nature, and I got it as a shiny AND with a Modest nature.

Nobody will ever believe me. People will call me an injector, but I don't care.

I will always know the truth.
>>
>>31165662
Wailmer in OR because I was trying to find a FUCKING level 40 Wailmer. It was level 35
>>
A nidoran F in silver over a decade ago.
>>
>>31172015
Since then I've only seen random shinies on the 3DS. A sandshrew and murkrow in hordes in X, and barboach, 2(!) fucking gumshoos, and a poliwag in Moon.

The first poliwag I found wild, too, just going through brooklet hill the first time.
>>
>>31172039

I caught a shiny Murkrow in a horde in X as well. It's crazy how you can EV train certain hordes hundreds of times and never find a shiny yet you're trying to complete the dex and magically find a shiny you aren't even looking for.
>>
Golbat in Sapphire back in the day. She's a Crobat now waiting in the Bank for the update. One of my best bros.
>>
>>31172058
Yeah, Murkrow's always been one of my favorites, too. Still have a level 100 honchkrow on one of my gen 4 carts somewhere.
>>
a bunch through chainfishing in Y
a shiny zigzagoon in ruby
other than that a few horde mons also from Y like nosepass pelipper etc
I chain fished for 8 hours in Y for dratini but got like 8 of that stupid fucking unovabortion shitmon that's name escapes me
>>
>>31172118
basculin
>>
A shiny Golbat in Ruby.
I had no idea what a shiny was, but I still caught it out of curiosity
>>
My first was a Golduck while exploring around in Pearl. I have vague memories of finding an oddly coloured Golbat but I don't know for sure.
>>
An emerald Kakuna in Silver's Ilex Forest. Thought it was related to the guardian's shrine or something.
>>
Does breeding without the intent to get a shiny and no incidental Masuda Method count? I might have had the charm, don't remember. If it does, then Gastly in Alpha Sapphire. If not, Snorunt in Moon, just found it wandering in the grass on my first trip through Tapu Village.
>>
Found a random shiny Tentacool once in my Emerald and restarted the game because i thought it was a glitch.
>>
>>31172002
I believe you anon. I'll give every shiny modest Volcarona I see from now on the benefit of the doubt in your honor.
>>
>>31168742
My full list of random shinies
>Zigzagoon in Sapphire
>Buneary in Diamond
>Bibarel in Platinum
>Quagsire in Soul Silver
>Litwick in White
>Druddigon in X
>Rhyhorn in X
>Terrakion in Alpha Sapphire

Others from hordes and MM with all but one being accidental (only tried with MM for my shiny Budew)
>>
I never had any shinies for years until I found a random Kingler in post game HG. Two days later I found a shiny Tentacool nearthe place where I had found my Kingler.
>>
>>31165662
Shiny Bellsprout and Onix in Crystal
Shiny Tangela in Black 2
Braviary in a randomized Black 2 run
Wingull and Wishmur in X
Crabrawler and Gumshoos in Moon
>>
File: shiny_ferrothorn.png (85KB, 627x422px) Image search: [Google]
shiny_ferrothorn.png
85KB, 627x422px
I found him running around in the friend safari. I was super psyched about it till I find out the shiny encounter rate was really high in the friend safari.
>>
Corsola on Diamond via radar

Then on X got Marill when breeding for an Adamant Aqua Jet one, and Nosepass via Horde

This year I got a Trumbeak via SOS
>>
File: IMG_7305.jpg (35KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7305.jpg
35KB, 640x400px
>>31165662
Pic related was my first shiny, found it in Gold when I was 7.
Funny thing is, since I was younger, I didn't know what a shiny was and I thought that Swinub had a flu, you know, cause it was in the Ice Path, so I ran away.
Fuck you, past me.
>>
Let's see
>0 in Silver
>Koffing in Ruby
>Rayquaza in Emerald, I was sweating with hype
>Graveler in Diamond, Quick Ball got it
>Fearow in same Diamond
>Raticate in same Diamond
>Ponyta in Platinum
>Whats-her-face Swanna pre-evo in Black
>0 in Black 2
>Smeargle in Y
>a few fishing shinies in Y
>quite a few bred shinies in Y, among them Larvesta, Ferrothorn, Mawile, Gastly and more

That's all
>>
>>31165662
this little cute swablu in emerald, I thought it would give me more exp since it was "golden" and I killed it like a faggot
>>
>>31165662
First one I got besides the Red Gyarados in GSC and the Haxorus/Dratini in Black 2 was a shiny Dunsparce during my Black 2 Nuzlocke 2 years ago, I got a shiny Gyarados and Dragalge in Y using that Poke Radar method and I very recently caught a shiny Machoke in Vast Poni Canyon on Sun.
>>
>>31172763
And I should add that Dunsparce and Machoke are the only two random ones, the Gyarados, Draglage (and Zubat too I just remembered) in Y were from fishing/egg methods.
>>
>>31172493
>Rayquaza
Holy FUG
>>
File: Shitler.png (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Shitler.png
8KB, 225x225px
In soul silver.

Still salty, only found a geodude since.
>>
File: shiny zubat.png (46KB, 379x262px) Image search: [Google]
shiny zubat.png
46KB, 379x262px
>>31165662
This guy here in Emerald
But generally I had quite many random shiny encounters
>shiny Zigzagoon that attacked Birch in Emerald fml
>shiny Geodude in Leaf Green
>shiny Butterfree in Perla (some hack game)
>shiny Gyarados in Leaf Green
>shiny Noctowl in Soul Silver
>shiny Ursaring in Soul Silver
>shiny Tauros in Soul Silver
>another shiny Zubat in ORAS in the same place I caught one in Emerald
that's all my random encounter shinies
>>
>maybe 9 years old max
>playing silver
>see a red Meowth
>know what a shiny is cause I'm a huge Pokenerd with walkthrough guides and have done all the Stadium 2 lectures, read all the things at in-game library and database
>think "that's a meh shiny" but catch it anyways
>name it Mario

I either have crazy luck or play way too much Pokemon because I've come accross several more shinies since then.
-Chained for shinies in Diamond and got a Baltoy named Firefly
-Hoothoot named Golde in SS,
-shiny Nincada, Machoke (Piccolo) and Doduo (Midori) in the XY Safari Zone
-Traded for shiny Gourgeist and Relicanth in XYORAS from randoms in-game
-accidental Masuda-triggered Mimikyu in Moon from breeding after ONE egg, crazy fluke
>>
Gyarados ib Platinum. Couple of months before hgss came out. I don't think anyone has worse luck than I do, and its the only shiny I've ever found in my entire life of playing pokemon.
>>
Full odds?

A shiny Combee in Y, then a shiny Psyduck in Alpha Sapphire.

Then a Trumbeak and a Machoke in Moon.

I've caught a few others using Friend safari, Dexnav and the SOS method in SM.
>>
>>31165662
haha epic surprise back text boxes xD
>>
>Shiny Cubone in X
>Shiny Oricorio in Sun

Cubone was my first ever shiny
>>
A loudred in a friend safari
>>
>>31172962
Oh, I also got a Flabebe in Y
>>
A Graveler in Y and a Fearow in Sun. Those are the only ones I've encountered in all the years I've played Pokemon.
>>
My first shiny was a Pelliper in Diamond, on Route 229 in that little pond to the bottom right. Instantly excited to get one after not getting a single one in Gen 2 or 3. Still got him to this day even though I bred for a better shiny one.
While not a real Pokémon game, there used to be an MMO called Pokémon Crater (might still be around, who knows) where I got a shiny Cyndaquil. Always had a soft spot for them because of it.
>>
I found a shiny wingull on Pokemon Ruby. I evolved it and ended up releasing it because I thought something was wrong and it would corrupt my game...
Found a shiny golbat in the mewtwo cave in fire red and a shiny oddish in emerald.
>>
File: 1468671191692.png (118KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1468671191692.png
118KB, 500x500px
>>31165662
>Bugs Bunny within 20 minutes of starting Pokemon X
>>
Shiny Rhydon in Platinum just dicking around in the postgame. Kind of wish I'd never evolved it, Rhyperior looks pretty dumb
>>
File: 174.png (772B, 60x60px) Image search: [Google]
174.png
772B, 60x60px
In pokémon crystal they give you an egg that hatches into a random baby pokémon.
>>
>>31165662
Staravia in Y
I then found Shiny Mr.Mime 5 minutes later
>>
>>31166948
If you still have em you can trade one away for something else
>>
Abra.

I cried a lot.
>>
>>31165662
I got a shiny Raichu, Jolteon, and Magnezone through encounters.
>>
File: image.jpg (141KB, 851x776px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141KB, 851x776px
Tangela in White ~2011
>>
I encountered a shiny zigzagoon in ORAS but couldn't capture it because I had yet to get pokeballs from Birch.
>>
Shiny Metapod in Gold.
>>
A shiny Geodude that popped out after using rock smash on the rocks above Mauville City in the original Sapphire version.

I didn't have any pokeballs on me.

Being the tiny idiot I was I thought that I could battle it again by turning my game off and on again.

(It's okay though because I ran into a shiny snorunt later in the game)
>>
>>31168793
It really did. I have the worst luck.
>>
someone wonder traded me a honedge, my friend also wanted one so i decided to breed it so i could trade him one. wasn't trying to get anything specific just another one to give away. it was a shiny honedge that hatched, i kept that shit for myself and bred another one. it's perfect cause the honedge line is one of my favorites
>>
File: 073_Tentacruel_AG_Shiny.png (165KB, 773x600px) Image search: [Google]
073_Tentacruel_AG_Shiny.png
165KB, 773x600px
>>31165662
It was a shiny Tentacruel in Silver. Unfortunately that was on an emulator at the time so it didn't feel that special.

I didn't encounter a wild shiny again until Soul Silver with it being a shiny Ponyta.

Also
>/v/
You should go back there.
>>
I think I remember having shiny encounters in the past but probably either killed or ran away from them when I was younger. But my first random shiny I caught and still have is this guy in Black 2.
>>
First game was crystal, and it's been long as fuck. Can't remember if it was a Gligar or a Quagsire. I'm almost sure I lost the Quagsire because
> 6 yo
> no pokeballs lol
Got one shiny Pikachu at Celadon Game's store. It was so pleasing playing Stadium 2 with it.
>>
File: shiny gastly.png (50KB, 331x308px) Image search: [Google]
shiny gastly.png
50KB, 331x308px
>>31165662
Mine was pic related in FireRed. My sister found my game and released it. I'm planning on MMing for another one on my next hunt.
>>
Shiny sneasel in X
>>
File: 075_Graveler_AG_Shiny.png (42KB, 982x486px) Image search: [Google]
075_Graveler_AG_Shiny.png
42KB, 982x486px
this shit right here

I could never have caught it, it was a double battle on Iron Island featuring Riley's Lucario. I don't even remember if it self-destructed or Riley knocked it out.

First one I caught was a Spinarak on OR, but then it was kinda forced because I was EV training on Sky Pillar with horde battles, and most recently a Yungoos on Alola Route 1.
>>
>>31177384
Snorunt isn't in gen 3 liar
>>
Pumpkaboo in Pokémon X.

And in sun/moon I got a random shiny Pikipek in my PokePelago and a shiny Fomantis when I was SOS Chaining in rain to try and get Castform. And I just hatched a shiny Honedge while breeding for IVs
>>
>>31180523
But it is idiot. Frosslass is gen 4 tho.
>>
>>31180991
Oh and I also got a shiny Stunky in a horde battle and a Kecleon from Friend Safari in X.
>>
File: 027_Sandshrew_Shiny.png (118KB, 543x599px) Image search: [Google]
027_Sandshrew_Shiny.png
118KB, 543x599px
First every shiny was a Sandshrew in HG, then a zubat in platinum

I chained for a zorua in OR

MM for a mimikyu in SM at 876 eggs and chained for a bewear that I gave to my ex
>>
I've had three.

My first was a shiny Koffing in Ruby (I have no idea what happened to it)

Then a shiny Muk in Leaf Green (Disappeared too)

And finally a shiny Zubat in Emerald (I still have this one)
>>
File: 1468550831886.png (24KB, 207x211px) Image search: [Google]
1468550831886.png
24KB, 207x211px
>>31165662
This guy.

Imagine my surprise when I went to the Pokemon Center later and found he had Pokerus.
>>
Shiny Golduck in Black 2. She was also my first ever shiny encounter.
>>
>>31172962
>shiny Zigzagoon that attacked Birch in Emerald fml

That's sad
>>
>>31178973
Kill that Bitch
>>
>>31181682
Lucky motherfucker
>>
>>31181857
Sometimes it's hard to live with it, but I can easily get another one with better stats.
> tfw Cursed Body
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 164x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 164x200px
I found a shiny Illumise on a bus in October 2013. I wanted to scream as it was my first non Gyarados shiny, but there were other people.
>>
Natu on Fire Red or Leaf Green. I really forget.

>tfw no hidden ability capsule
>>
>>31165662
Emerald Safari Zone when I was a kid.

Fuck Noah.
>>
Shiny Zubat way the fuck back in Crystal. Next one was a Salandit. My luck with shinies is God awful
>>
>>31181857
>>31182741
Epic black surprise boxes! Totally increased post quality xD
>>
File: it was reddit all along.png (665KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
it was reddit all along.png
665KB, 720x540px
>>31183214
>implying half the board doesn't spoiler
>>
>>31183295
>everyone else on the board makes shit posts so I better make shit posts too so I can fit in!

I think you're the one who needs to go to leddit, my friend. You will fit right in with le upboating system.
>>
>>31165662
Shiny zubat on sapphire on emulator
>A year later
Shiny zubat on sapphire on GBA
>>
>>31165662
My first true shiny was a zigzagoonin Y. It convinced me to play the game all the way through in french.
>>
First was a Illumse in rwby. Didn't know what it was at the time so I just killed it. Second was a Zubat in the same game. Third a Lapras in fire red, perish song. Caught all I've encountered since: Ferow, beduw, carvhana, tentacruel and a geodude.
>>
yet
to
fucking
have
one

i didn't play gen 5 or 6 tho but yeah
>>
>>31165919
Nice.
>>
Zigzagoon in Ruby in random grass before I got Pokeballs.

Fearow in Sun. Twice.
>>
>>31165662
First was a shiny Trubbish. Hard to get excited over.

Second, though, was shiny Cresselia in Diamond. Flipped my shit. Took like 3 hours to catch, though. It's currently in the bank waiting to be transferred up.

After that I got a geodude in a horde in Y, which luckily survived 2 magnitudes from it's allies. Then I found a Flabebe as my first encounter post shiny charm.
>>
Wurmple in Ruby. I haven't had a random since Camerupt in 2007. I need to bring that nigger over to Sun, since he had HP Ice and I can get Solid Rock with an Ability Capsule.
>>
File: Bro.gif (766KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Bro.gif
766KB, 320x240px
>>31165662
This guy in Black. First shiny besides Lake of Rage Gyrados and I've been playing since Gen 2. Can't wait to use a capsule on him so that he can get Sand Stream.
>>
Numel in sapphire
At the time I thought that it was just a "blue Pokemon", my brother got a shiny Voltorb like a day or two beforehand.
>>
played every fucking game like a good goy and still nothing
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.