[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Post autistic shit you can't help but do. I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 21

File: 747652612.gif (883KB, 525x489px) Image search: [Google]
747652612.gif
883KB, 525x489px
ITT: Post autistic shit you can't help but do.

I don't let my pokemon evolve in-game until after a story-based battle in which they must participate.
>>
>>31163337
Gotta level everyone up the same, if they're more than 3 levels apart it bothers me
>>
>>31163353

This. All my battlemons are exactly lvl 50 at lvl 49 I feed them a rare candy to get to 50.
>>
i lurk and post on /vp/
>>
I can now only use dual typed Pokemon anymore. I used to be fine with just them having coverage moves but in third gen I found out about STAB and after that felt like using a single typed Pokemon is kind of like only half of potential power
>>
My teams MUST have a theme
>>
>>31163397
I thought I was the only one. The thing that kills me is if the Pokemon has an evolution above Lvl 50.
>>
I always use a legendary
cycle between around 10 mons for the anime feeling
treat starter like shit, always keep it lower level than the rest
>>
>>31163337
I feel terribly guilty evolving paras into parasect. In fact, I just won't do it.
>>
I send out my Starting Pokemon last against the Champion's last Pokemon. Even if they have a type advantage, I just have to.
>>
>>31163397
This
>>
>>31163540
why tho?
>>
>>31163611
When paras evolves into parasect, the mushroom takes over the paras' mind.
>>
>>31163337
I refuse to have the same pokemon as a gym leader/captain/kahuna/champion.
>>
>>31163337
>My starter has to be at least 2 levels above the rest of the team.
>I don't use any pokemon I don't plan to keep until the end of the game
>>
>>31163634
I like SMD's way of handling it, where they share the mind/body together, or something like that, I don't remember exactly what it said.
>>
File: 1449905022128.jpg (116KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1449905022128.jpg
116KB, 960x540px
I try to catch everything with the vanilla Pokeball. If it's going on my team, Pokeball. Don't ask why. Cannon fodder for the Pokedex gets whatever.
>>
>>31163428
>>31163353
>>31163483
Second part of >>31163682
All of the above apply to me. Additionally...

None of the Pokemon on my team are allowed to share a type.

If I can't catch a Pokemon before the 5th gym, I refuse to use it on my team. Luckily enough, SM didn't have gyms but all of my favorites were early on anyway.

For each entry in the series of a new generation, I am only allowed to use Pokemon of that generation. Not even if they get a massive buff/change that makes them almost entirely new Pokemon, like Pelipper getting Drizzle or Muk gaining the Dark type.

My Pokemon cannot have nicknames, but I must have the ability to give them nicknames.

I pretend to voice my player and my opponent in narrating the battle. Lots of improv.
>>
>>31163337
I always nickname my team

Would never get a female on my team until gen 6.

Cannot have two moves of the same type unless it's needed

One Pokémon moved out for legendary at the end
>>
I made a rule about always using the local Pseudo-Legend of the Region I am playing in. God help me with HG and W2
>>
>>31163337
I always have a water type, an electric type, and a fire type.
All my pokes need a nickname theme, in SM they're all British historical figures.
>>
>>31163682
This tbqh. I tried having a rotating team in SM but it just wasn't my style.
>>
Wouldn't call it autism...or anything really but I like to catch special pokemon in premier balls if possible. Caught Lunala, necrozma, and at least one of each ultra beasts in a premier ball.

...Speaking of the ultra beasts, I didn't use any of the beast balls and trained up a smeargle specifically to catch all of them...and I can't bring myself to use any of the one of a kind balls.
>>
Unless my pokemon specifically looks feminine my team is composed entirely of males. If it does then it's always female.
>>
I always keep my starter.

Also my starter NEEDS to be the first team member to reach level 100.
>>
>>31164530
>Also my starter NEEDS to be the first team member to reach level 100.
This is pretty much what I always do without even trying really. Except in ORAS where the event Beldum from the beginning got there because of boosted EXP
>>
>>31163337
I must have at least two of every difficult to find Pokemon.
This means chaining for two Crobats, using dual Pelippers to chain for two Politoed, etc.
>>
>>31163337
Agree

If I share a Pokemon with a boss I will finish the boss with that Pokemon
>>
>>31164589
Goddamn dude, I do this too. Not the OP's thing, but Golisopod HAD to be the one to finish Guzma,
>>
All of my Pokemon must participate in the Champion fight
>>
Ever since I found out about natures, every member of my ingame team has to have a benificial nature. I actually soft reseted for a adamant wimpod on akala.
>>
>>31164677
Used to do the same but am now fine with settling with neutral natures sometimes
>>
I catch everything in a standard Pokeball, but Shinies I will ONLY use Luxury Balls or Premier Balls on.
>>
File: paras takes off its hat.png (539KB, 627x480px) Image search: [Google]
paras takes off its hat.png
539KB, 627x480px
>>31163540
I only did it to finish the pokedex this time around.

I've got several other Paras that I'm going to level up without evolving.
>>
>I have to read everyone's dialogue in a unique voice just for them.
>I act like I' talking to my pokemon in battle like Ash
>I keep my starter 1 or 2 levels above my team and consider them the team leader
>if my pokemon has a negative nature, I'll release it/box it and hunt for another one with a nature that doesn't harm the stat said pokemon is best known for (I prefer neutral nature pokemon)
>>
>>31163803
I used to do this but I've done the opposite this gen and gone with a different balltism ball for my team
>>
>>31163353
I keep my starter 2 levels above the rest.
>>
>>31163682
I do this
>>
>>31164228
Did you have a Granbull called Winston Churchill?
>>
>>31163337
You must really enjoy the "learning a move upon evolving" mechanic in SM huh
>>
>>31164962
>tfw this was the first gen I didn't use my starter as the team leader
I mean I didn't ditch him but Mimikyu was vastly overleveled by the end and was the leader from the first time I got the little guy.
>>
>>31163337
I do this to. I imagine it as a well-deserved powerboost after the mon and I have cleared a grand and challenging trial
>>
>>31165023
when doing a nuzlocke, I use the oldest pokemon as the "leader"
>>
File: 1481599870737.png (367KB, 568x454px) Image search: [Google]
1481599870737.png
367KB, 568x454px
I spent 10 days trying to catch top lel in a love ball with hp fire and a timid nature.
>>
>>31163337
i only play during the day to justify buying sun. i have a 6 to 4 job so it took me a month to complete.
>>
>>31163783
It said: "Now I, the mushroom, have full control."
>>
>>31165064
I applaud your conviction.
>>
>>31165064
did you succeed?
>>
>>31164962 (me)
>I also don't use the wifi functionality or trade with anyone that isn't programmed into the game until post game (unless I'm doing a wonderlocke)
>>
>>31165088
wait i think i used that word wrong - you know what i mean
>>
>>31163337
Every team member must win at least one last battle against a gym leader.
>>
>>31165064
Did you get it?
>>
>>31165064
Yea, i don't believe ya
>>
>>31165041
I let Trumbeak and Dartrix evolve right away to not miss out on their signature moves. I positioned them so they wouldn't evolve until after an important battle (had to turn off EXP share to do this)
>>
>>31163337
I don't catch Legendary Pokemon because I think they deserve to be in the wild.
>>
>>31165130
Thanks fucker. That sounded so cool to my autism that it will probably latch onto me
>>
I always have to go through the middle of entrances/exits fuck the 2 tile-wide ones
>>
>>31165058
Yeah I don't do nuzlockes (defeats the purpose of why I play) but I do that sometimes, I remember using a Pan-monkey of a variety I don't recall in BW2.
>>
>>31163337
Forgot to mention, they also have to knock out their ace, or whatever I think is supposed to be their ace, unless their at a horrible disadvantage.
>>
>>31164373
i also have a gender hangup

i always accept the first gender i get for my starter, but beyond that i refuse to catch any male pokes until i finish the game/need to finish the dex. if i am gifted a male poke, i put him in a separate pc box, like a sad little bachelor island
>>
>>31165179
I name all my Legends retarded stuff and make sure they have terrible stats then throw them in a box called "fecal"
>>
>>31165156
I think some (starters at least) get their signature moves right as they evolve regardless of level. I didn't evolve my Torracat until level 65 and it still learned the move.
>>
>>31165088
>>31165090
>>31165132
>>31165152
I gave up.
>>
>>31165179
I catch them and become good friends with them. I be sure to use them, but before i restart my game I make sure to release them
>>
I've been doing this since Gen 2.

>Obtain as many Scythers as I can
>Gotta catch 'em all, every single one
>Wild only
>Since Gen 3 save only the ones with Adamant and Technician
>This is the Scyther Village
>Pretend they're home in their colony when they're in the PC, make specific box for them
>When a Scyther is ready (learns a certain level up move and then gets Thief via TM), he/she travels with me to the "Land Of Steel"
>Wherever the fuck there are lots of steelix/magnemite/beldum/etc holding Metal Coats
>Sycther has to fight, Thief, and KO the Steel Beasts, no items, attacks only, final destination
>Bring to Pokemon center when fainted
>If one Scyther faints three times, they have to return to their village and let the next in line try it
>Scythers all level up as they fight and return home
>The first Scyther to successfully steal a Metal Coat and KO the Pokemon holding it becomes the leader of the clan
>Find friend to trade with to evolve into Scizor
>Keep them all in "Village" to live happily under their new chief

Yeah, I never even use the resulting Scizor to battle or anything. It's just a personal side story I like to do with each new game. I accepted a long time ago that I'm unhealthily obsessed with Scyther.
>>
File: 1451698319286.png (466KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1451698319286.png
466KB, 900x900px
>>31165210
>battle tower in Platinum
GOD!! WHO APPROVED OF THIS?!?!
>>
>Imagine the battles and story in a way like the anime
>Give all my catches and pokemon little story arcs like the anime, this goes really well if I had trouble catching a team member.
>Need all my pokemon to be equal levels unless its post game or I just have to grind to beat the league
>Unless the nature lowers an important stat, I keep the pokemon and imagine their personality based on the nature
>All mons must be male unless they look female or are only female
>All team members must be in normal poke balls The event Snorlax's ball annoyed the shit out of me but I tried rolling with it
>All legendaries must be caught in Ultra Balls no matter the game unless they deserve special treatment like Lunala
>Try to have each pokemon battle one of the gym leader's pokemon, didn't really happen in SM
>If I get an egg I try to hatch it before moving on so if I want to use it, it won't be underleveled
>Whatever pokemon does the most amount of work in the E4 becomes my ace
I probably do a bunch of other autistic shit but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.
>>
File: 38589439328.jpg (11KB, 303x166px) Image search: [Google]
38589439328.jpg
11KB, 303x166px
>>31165310
OK you win the Always Unique Totally Interesting Sometimes Mysterious award
>>
File: 200px-Pikachu_and_Scyther[1].png (59KB, 200x153px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Pikachu_and_Scyther[1].png
59KB, 200x153px
>>31165310
>Since Gen 4* Technician
Mybad.
>>
File: 200w (2).gif (865KB, 200x128px) Image search: [Google]
200w (2).gif
865KB, 200x128px
>>31165310
>I never even use the resulting Scizor to battle or anything.
You almost had me
>>
>>31165359
You decide your ace after the game is done?
>>
>>31165264
just inject lol
>>
>>31165449
There are times where one pokemon is definitely my strongest, but I don't pick a true ace until I fight the E4 because I see that as the true time to shine.
Mimikyu fucking destroyed the entire league for me but I didn't realize how strong he was until then because I always switched him out once he leveled so there were never any clean sweeps until the leaugue.
>>
I only permit myself to use as many Pokémon as the opponent.

If by any reason (extreme oversight, lolAI) I lose, let's say, 3 pokémon in a Gym whose leader has 3, I consider myself the loser, soft reset, think a new strat, bring an ace in the hole with a different type of any others (even if it has a disadvantage), and use it instead of a random loser in the previous team.
>>
>>31165391
The Scizor council and I thank you for this honor.

>>31165404
I didn't want to separate them from their village. Sometimes I would pretend there was a jealous rogue Scyther who wanted to go his own path and use him as my team Scizor for a while, but he'd always end up back in the village as second in command or something when I wanted to get back to the story with my main 6.
>>
>>31163554
This. I had to revive my incineroar against kukui´s primarina just for this
>>
File: 1469856265409.gif (565KB, 367x265px) Image search: [Google]
1469856265409.gif
565KB, 367x265px
>>31165630
>Fighting Kukui
>Down to just my incineroar and his primarina
>Could just revive Jolteon to take it out
>Decide to tough it out and try to win even with the disadvantage
>Incineroar hangs on with 1 hp after getting hit
>Does Darkest Lariat
>Win
It was the most anime moment I ever had in pokemon and it was amazing.
>>
>>31165359
Shit I want one of those scizor
>>
>>31165706
>>Incineroar hangs on with 1 hp
Was it due to affection rng, or was he simply that strong?
>>
>>31165803
He simply survived with the hp. The affection rng didn't do it which made it feel even better.
>>
I like to organize my boxes by level
It's exactly as tedious as it sounds
>>
>try and complete as much as my pokedex as possible during the main story
>in OR had a team of 5 then stuck a 6th pokemon on and levelled it up via exp share
>usually end up using shitmons in my run and running terrible movesets
i had loudred swampert mightyhena dustox and breeloom and then used either a hm slave linoone or a shitmon for the entire game each one of the 5 had an atrocious movepool im not even gonna bother posting the elite 4 fucked me in the ass due to the team being the same level as the ones in their or slightly under and none of them were very defensive so i got swept by walrein flygon and metagross.
i never even finished it steven kept fucking me in the ass
>>
>Have to have 3 males and three females
>Starter has to be 1-2 levels above the rest
>Save inside buildings
>Team has to enter the Hall of Fame in order of most recent capture to starter
>None of my team can have the same nature as another team member
>I also try to have at least one of each stat type (Bold, Adamant, Modest, etc)
>>
>>31165619
Could I have a Scizor on SM Scizor bro?
>>
>>31165706
>Try this with Decidueye
>could only do it after weakening Incineroar with Tsareena's trop kicks and Bewear's Baby-Doll Eyes (thankfully he already used Firium Z to roast another pokemon)
>Need to buff Aviarrow (Decidueye's name) with X-Defenses and Swords Dance
>Sinister Arrow Raid finishes from half health
It was a lot of hoops but it wouldn't have happened otherwise
>>
>>31166228
>did this
>except el tigre over there wasted his Z-move on Mimikyu
There's something incredibly satisfying about watching a Z-move whiff on a Mimikyu
>>
File: 1474212508684.jpg (64KB, 583x573px) Image search: [Google]
1474212508684.jpg
64KB, 583x573px
I imagine my playthroughs as animes, complete with mid episode eyecatches and episode previews for major story beats. I come up with personalities for my mons and imagine how they interact with eachother.

One of these days, I'm just gunna have to write a nuzlocke comic to keep this autism from going critical.
>>
I don't have a full team of Pokemon until the end of the story.

I challenge the 1st gym with 2 pokemon, my starter and one caught before the first gym. At the 2nd gym I have 3 pokemon, and so on and so forth. If there is a major plot-based boss fight coming up, I allow myself to catch another pokemon but keep my number of pokemon in my team the same level.

The only way to give these games good difficulty and not EXP based difficulty is to limit your pokemon, since most opponents don't use 6 pokemon.
>>
File: Pokémon.full.1397570[1].jpg (65KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon.full.1397570[1].jpg
65KB, 800x600px
>>31166021
I mean nothing's stopping you from making your own Scyther village, and I really don't want to break up the clan.
>>
File: IMG_3232.jpg (32KB, 263x233px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3232.jpg
32KB, 263x233px
>>31163353
>mfw First Hall of Fame
>Five Pokémon are level 62
>One is level 63
>>
When playing through the story, I will settle for and and sometime even try to get suboptimal natures(Examples: Intentionally got Rash for my Charmander back in FRLG) to give my team more individuality and personalities.
>>
File: 1453329401699.jpg (9KB, 262x263px) Image search: [Google]
1453329401699.jpg
9KB, 262x263px
>>31165310
You can't make this shit up
>>
>>31163337
>No Pokemon in my team can share a type
>Must have at least one Grass, Fire, Water and Electric Pokemon
>Cannot box the starter, no matter what
>The level diference between my weakest Pokemon and my strongest one cannot be greater than 3
>The starter must be the strongest Pokemon level-wise

Pretty standard ones but I can easily trace all of them to the good old elementary school days when everyone tried to do their runs as close as posible to the anime
>>
>>31165012
no it was a Primeape because I was playing civ 6 recently
>>
>>31163353
This and I always use my master ball on the box legendary. Even when there are roaming legends that, pragmatically, I should save it for.
>>
I'll try to "play fair" by only using as many Pokemon as the opposing trainer.

I'll feel like I lost if I have to switch or use above the amount of Pokemon they have.
>>
I always battle with a new team member first unless their too behind in level.
>>
i dont inject
>>
>>31163682

>I don't use any pokemon I don't plan to keep until the end of the game

Mah nigga. I can't have my pokemon be more than 1 level apart from each other
>>
I'm very particular about the genders of my Pokemon. Even gender-neutral mons like Mimikyu have to be male.
>>
Play Pokèmon
>>
>>31165359
I used to make the same thing:

>Restarting HG 2 years before XY release
>Decide to replace the starter with the shiny Pichu from the Event who I happened to never level up.
>Took an egg I got stored from my PC box from Diamond, the egg hatched into a Teddiursa (which happens to be my favorite Pokémon)

>Pichu was the weakling from the Team, and it was Teddiursa the one who keeps saving me from battles.
>Pichu was ashamed of not being useful to me.
>Teddiursa got the idea that he didn't need me (I didn't got the enough badges), so he become a stubborn like Ash's Charizard.
>Got the Togepi egg
>Since then Teddiursa become more obedient, because he started feeling empathy to the egg.

>Lose to a Gym Leader (don't remember who), so I trained my Pokémon.
>>Pichu evolved because he got tired about being the weakest from the team.
>>Sweep the Gym Leader's last Pokémon with Pikachu, succeeding Pikachu's objective.

>Underleveld Party
>Togetic Fainted in a battle against a Rocket Grunt.
>>Sent Teddiursa, who beat him up to avenge Togetic.
>>Teddiursa evolved into Ursaring after then.
>>Picture the scene as Teddiursa getting in the middle to protect Togetic.
>>Teddiursa struggling to keep fighting.
>>Teddiursa evolving while landing the last hit.

That's everything I can remember from my HG autism, the rest of my Party was a Jumpluff, Slowbro and Rapidash.
>>
I was wondering what the best new years Pokemon would be and my little sister said I should catch a Rhyhorn because it's the first Pokemon when it evolves
>>
File: 1432544436271.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1432544436271.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>31167309
haHa nice one mang top win points to you
>>
>>31167422
Well, now's your time.
>>
>>31167487
I did it and named him Hitotsu-me because I'm a massive weeaboo and naming it "first" sounds like a terrible youtube comment
>>
>>31163353
This. Starter/Ace is always two levels higher.
>>
>>31163461
Elaborate
>>
>>31163803
Lol I catch ALL my mons with the vanilla pokeball. If I can get a legendary in a premier ball though, I'll do it.
>>
>>31163682
This. I replaced boldore with drilbur in the middle of my first play through of black and to this day it bugs the shit out of me when I think about it.
>>
File: autismal man child.jpg (90KB, 618x720px) Image search: [Google]
autismal man child.jpg
90KB, 618x720px
I'm kind of surprised no one has posted this yet

I L I T E R A L L Y inspect every single object, bookshelf, tv, tree, rock, trashcan, etc for a hidden item in every game. I also inpsect every single wall and corner to make sure it's a real wall and not a hidden door. There is no secret that will ever evade me. I WILL find that fucking pp up so help me god. I was doing it with the first games and I can't stop. Being able to have the dowsing machine on the bottom screen just gives me an excuse to be doubly sure that there aren't any hidden items as I basically have it on permanently and never go anywhere without it on. I'll explore every nook and cranny just to make sure there's no item or door somewhere that I overlooked even if the item finder says there's no items around and I make sure to collect at least 1 of everything I can find.

>>31163353
I do this too. I make sure to switch my order constantly to put the lowest level first. I only level my pokemon past the group if I'm in a place where I can oneshot everyone (Like a water mon in a fire gym or flying pokemon in a forest)
>>31165884
I used to organize my boxes by type, complete with a specific background and name "Water, Fire, Grass etc". Made a second box if I had more pokemon than could fit in one.
>>31163925
>None of the Pokemon on my team are allowed to share a type.
Similarly, I always make my team with weaknesses and strengths in mind. I simply have to make all 6 of my pokemon cover the others in some way and usually won't use any pokemon that don't. This means sometimes going more than half the game on 4 pokemon because I just have to uphold my team synergy. Sometimes I also go as far as to premake my team before I play to make sure I have no type weakness, 3 physical 3 special, 1 defense tank, 1 special defense tank, 1 attack glass cannon, 1 special attack glass cannon, and two balanced wildcards. I usually don't do most of this on a new release but on a old/remake I will do this + EV train them
>>
>>31163353
Yep I do this too
>>
>>31167940
I'm >>31163925
I think you might be my long-list twin or something.
>>
>>31163337
I only catch five Pokemon (excluding the starter) for my team unless I'm givin' a Pokemon in-game, or it's a special event to catch one. I also make sure every Pokemon on the team does it's fair share, which becomes a real pain when I have to cycle between Pokemon, which luckily I haven;t had to do yet in SM
>>
>>31165310
Put me in the screencap.
>>
>Nickname every team member
>Keep them at the same level
>For in-game runs, no party members can have the same nature.
>No type overlap for in-game runs
>always keep starter on team
>Use every Pokemon at least once in Champ battle
>>
>>31165310
I'm impressed. Even if you just made this up, this is completely autistic.
>>
i don't inject

i delete all hacked Pokemon I receive from the wonder trade

i will disconnect at the end of a lost match if I notice the opponent likely uses hacked Pokemon
>>
>>31169341
Oh fuck it's me!
>>
Healing every time the slightest bit of damage is inflicted
>>
>>31163803
>Realize how easy catching pokemon is in the vanilla pokeball
>Do nothing but beat pokemon within an inch of their life and put them to sleep before catching them
>If there is a pokemon that can run away from battle on the first turn i'll save scum and chuck vanilla pokeballs at them until RNG shines in my favor and they get caught

Just finished Mallow's trial, and trying to catch that wimp-bug thing actually made my eye start to twitch. Fuck that stupid bug so hard. Also i ended up catching one pokemon near the beginning in a premier ball instead of a normal pokeball, and it still pisses me off.
>>
>>31165310
I want to do this now
>>
>>31163925
>For each entry in the series of a new generation, I am only allowed to use Pokemon of that generation. Not even if they get a massive buff/change that makes them almost entirely new Pokemon, like Pelipper getting Drizzle or Muk gaining the Dark type.

This is how I roll. Also, I typically only use 5 for my team (not including HM slave) and then swap it out for the box legend make sure to use it. I always plan out my ingame team beforehand and make absolutely sure I have 100% type coverage with a hand drawn chart. I've started nicknaming every pokemon and I gotta say it feels a lot more immersive than just "...Go Infernape!" etc. I also blast the music but only during evil team battles and against legendary etc. I also do the whole "must be same level" and avoid double-dipping in types (excluded for legends though (i used reshiram and emboar in black, garchomp and giratina in platinum, etc) and usually keep starter 1 level ahead)
Also don't know if counts as autism but if I get a blatantly feminine/masculine 'mon then I make sure the gender matches. I also just realized I have literally picked the fire starter every single gen... But I prefer for example sceptile to blaziken, anime frog to delphox, etc. huh.
>>31164623 I did this, but only made sure to finish his golisopod with mine.
>>31164962
>>31164677
Pretty much this. Most recent game (platinum) I spent four hours getting a non-detrimental to sp.attack female budew. Not even kidding. I actually got like 4 adamant ones. And since the name rater is in Eterna city I named every single one of them the same thing. Thankfully my first gible was male and jolly...
>>31165323
fucking everything in platinum REEEEEE
>>31165310
huh
>>31165111
Pretty sure you used both applaud and conviction right there, anon. Unless you mean "I" or "your". Which you also used right.
>>31167575
Not naming it Ichiban? Your weeb is too low
>>
>>31169863
They still get the win senpai.
>>
>>31163337
>>31163353
>>31163803
>>31164677
>>31165130
I do all of this. I also think up personalities for my team members.
>>
>>31165064
I spent 1 day trying to catch Naive Top Kek in a fast ball with hp ice.
I succeeded.

Not looking forward to the other Tops, though.
>>
>>31166328
Jesus fuck I'm glad this isn't just me
>>
I do many things already said in this thread but also, before I stop playing Moon and it's nighttime, go to my house in the game, talk to the mother(optional), make the character lay down in the bed and as soon he automatically get up save the game in order to prerend he slept the whole night. When it's possible I make him have two meals ore more during the day
>>
File: 20161129_231227_001(1).webm (3MB, 576x764px) Image search: [Google]
20161129_231227_001(1).webm
3MB, 576x764px
>>31165064
>10 days

Really? Are you just stupid then? I caught one in a few minutes with a Timid Natured Synchronize Kadabra, A Hypno with Hypnosis and False-Swiper.
>>
When XY came out I HAD to talk to every npc in the game. So I'd end up running multiple times around each town looking for npcs to talk to, talking to npcs multiple times (to double check if they had anything new to say) and going back to them if I forgot what they said. Thankfully I wasn't like this for SunMoon, would have driven me insane with all that dialogue.
>>
>>31164962
i also have leaders
>>
>>31165310
Jesus christ anon, you just vicariously activated my almonds.
>>
File: 1482535311905.png (91KB, 640x505px) Image search: [Google]
1482535311905.png
91KB, 640x505px
i always try to keep a box of pokemon that isn't wonder trade trash so that i don't feel guilty about giving someone a yungoos or something.
>>
>>31163337
I never use repels during the playthrough, I defeat every wild pokemon I find. Of course this doesn't apply after I get my full competitive team

In pokemon red and blue I always change the palette of my GBC to avoid getting a mon that can learn flash for Rock tunnel
>>
>>31163337
I try to think of a personality for every one of my Pokemon on my team, no matter how stupid it could be.
>>
>>31165310
Prove you didn't make this shit up.
>>
Half of shit posted in this thread looks like borderline insanity.
I'm legit scared to share the board with people like you.
>>
File: 20170102_054225.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170102_054225.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>31172478
I just started working on my SM village and Scythers are hard as hell to find (even with soft resetting I can only get one or two per day) so there's not much to show. The only other version I still have a village in is Black2 but I can't be assed to switch chips right now.

The village is named after a genus of mantis and is also a reference to the Scythers' connection to Steel. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metallyticidae
>>
>>31172856
Should note that at this point I was too retarded to soft reset AFTER catching a Scyther so this is the result of catching them, saving, and then releasing if they had the wrong nature or ability. I'll be checking them before I save and resetting for new daily Scythers from this point on.
>>
>>31169863
>get stomped
>call hacking
classic, shouldn't you be playing call of duty?
>>
I sometimes pretend I'm a Pokemon.
>>
i always make sure i have a psychic type
>>
>my favorite pokemon is Gengar
>every pokemon game after i get a gastly i box my starter
>if i can't get a gastly before the first gym i either pokemon bank/use cheats to make my first pokemon a gastly
>after the 5th gym my haunter must evolve into gengar
>>
>>31163337
I get annoyed when my Focus Sash doesn't break due to the attack not doing enough damage
>>
I have 3 main playthroughs when I play Pokémon.

Main: My name + real gender. Here I pick my favorite starter and use mons I like and the version i like the best

2nd: Opposite gender and a fitting name. I pick my 2nd favorite starter and use Mons that i rarley use and THE other game version

3rd: The Ash Run. Main starter is Pikachu, but I "find" the other starters along the way. I imagine Ash's voice when battle Or story events happen.

I've done this since FireRed and I'm never planning to stop
>>
File: My_Neighbor_Gengar.gif (1MB, 1280x828px) Image search: [Google]
My_Neighbor_Gengar.gif
1MB, 1280x828px
I have to keep my starter since the trainer is bonded with it, y'know like the anime. Even when starting a whole new team after the E4.

I've had Gengar on my team in every single game and always will even if not permanently.

I used to limit my Fly pokemon to only the ones big enough to either ride or carry a human realistically, but I've realized that all pokemon are strong enough to carry a person. The size comparison in the pokedex was the coolest thing ever what the fuck.

The gender hangup multiple people have mentioned, my pokemon must be the gender they appear to be and if it isn't apparent, always male.

Only catch shiny pokemon in premier balls and sometimes legendaries too so I'm usually carrying around 100 pokeballs.

I trust in the heart of the cards when it comes to shinies and at least one always shows up eventually.

Generally imagine the battles like the movie battles or the more well animated ones from the recent season of the anime.

And lots of other roleplay stuff in the thread already. A lot of the stuff in the thread is pretty basic for an RPG and it's kind of sad if this is considered abnormal.
>>
>>31166228
Aviarrow is a fucking cash name, my friend
>>
I try to use somewhat less common Pokemon because I want my adventure and status as a trainer to stand out compared to other people's adventures. It's hard because a lot of the most popular Pokemon are popular for a reason, be it potential or style.
>Mfw everyone used Mudsdale and Salazzle for their SM playthrough
Well, I doubt a whole lot of you used Electrivire and Milotic, right? R-Right?

I'm also doing a AS and Y run, but I'm running into the same problem of having a generic team and It's bugging the hell out of me. I should have just done a Nuzlocke.
>>
File: 370273813.png (142KB, 268x327px) Image search: [Google]
370273813.png
142KB, 268x327px
>>31173372
Forgot my face, but I suppose it's not important.
>>
>>31165706
>It was the most anime moment I ever had in pokemon and it was amazing.

The games seem to set you up for those moments since BW2. The affection bonuses from XY on obviously but in BW2 stuff like hanging on with 1 HP against all odds and perfect moment critical hits seemed to just happen naturally because the game was rooting for you.
>>
All Pokemon on my team have to be male unless its impossible (such as Salazzle). I also put my pokemon's moves in order of their type. For example, Primarina is water and fairy, so I make the first two moves hydro pump and moonblast.

>>31163353
I do this as well.
>>
>>31172527
>playing a video game in considerably unorthodox ways
>borderline insanity
>>
In general, I get attached to my Pokemon. I don't like things like breeding or injecting, my Pokemon are my Pokemon, I don't want to just ditch them.

I don't really play competitive for this reason. Was excited for Hyper Training, but GameFreak always finds a way to fuck it up.
>>
Forgot to add earlier I always imagine the pokemon in PC boxes are just chilling on the huge outdoor property of the professor of each game, just like Ash's when he sends them to Prof Oak. Looks like that's canon now as of S&M.
>>
>>31171859
stop this
>>
>>31163540
Same here, I had to get one from GTS to complete my dex.
>>
Only catching Pokemon introduced in that gen.
>>
When battling the Champion, my team must be ordered in the sequence I caught them. I try to have each one of my six take down one of the Champion's Pokémon, but I can't really force that to happen.

If I have ever used a certain species on a main team, I will never main a different Pokémon of the same species in another game. It would feel like I'm replacing them.
>>
>>31163353
This is normal
Thread posts: 159
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.