[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some decent rom hacks or fan games other than Uranium,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: h.png (452KB, 853x510px) Image search: [Google]
h.png
452KB, 853x510px
What are some decent rom hacks or fan games other than Uranium, Insurgence, Prism?
>>
Bump, want to know about this too
>>
Pokemon reborn
>>
Sage :^)
>>
Blazeblack Voltwhite
>>
>>31158459
>all gym leader with six pokemon
>decent
>>
Snakewood

Unironically decent: polished crystal, blazeblack/voltwhite 1&2, star sapphire, bloody platinum. Original region hacks have some heavy flaws 99% of the times.
>>
>>31158288

>Romhacks

Fire Red Evolution/Nameless Fire Red Project/Pokemon Throwback (if you want a more vanilla experience) or Pokemon Fire Red Elemetary

Pokemon Theta Emerald/Pokemon Cuck Emerald/Pokemon Sigma Emerald

Pokemon XG (well it's the only one of it's kinda so it's automatically a decent romhack)

Pokemon BS Platinum/ Pokemon Origin Platinum

Pokemon Blaze Black(2) and Volt White(2) or Pokemon Pure White/Pitch Black if you want a more "vanilla"* like difficulty ROMhack (even though BB and VW contain patches with unmodified pokemon)
*the only change for PB and PW is that Serperior has a bit of a different movepool, such as it can learn Earth Power now*

Pokemon External X/Wilting Y (Neo XY is trash, don't bother)

Pokemon Rutile Ruby/Star Sapphire if you want vanilla difficulty, Rising Ruby/Sinking Sapphire if you want the standard Drayano experience, Meme Sapphire if you want a mixture of both.

Pokemon Rising Sun and Waning Moon (first of it's kind, but they're still in early stages, so they're most likely trash just like Neo XY)
>>
>>31158511
Isn't Bloody Platinum an OG region hack tho, and what exactly are star sapphire and polished crystal?
>>
>>31158522
I would love to play 3DS hacks but I don't have a hack capable 3DS
>>
>>31158522

And for Crystal verisons

Polished Crystal, and Crystal Kaizo if you want the vanilla approach or Complex Crystal, and TPP Anniversary Crystal if you want a varied experience.
>>
>>31158510
I don't see the problem.

I also loved the fact that there were many, many double/triple/rotation battles shacking the pace and actually making you use your brain.

>>31158536
Bloody plat is a difficoulty hack, you might be confusing with light platinum, that has a OG region.

Polished crystal is "what if crystal was made by an actually competent game freak and with all the improvements of the later games?", it's one of the best hacks ever made.

Star sapphire is an hack of alpha sapphire, but way, way harder, the second gym leader has a fucking machamp, for example. Ace trainers have SMOGON APPROVED teams, random bug catchers impale your ass with mega beedrils and so on. There are loads of stuff here and there to help you too, for example EV training is extremely easy and doable as soon as the game starts.
>>
>>31158635
Sounds awesome, I completely forgot that Drayano was working on an ORAS diff hack, I just wish I knew how to hack my 3ds or had a hackable 3ds
>>
>>31158635
>I don't see the problem.
Force you to catch too much too early
no interesting at all to me
>>
File: disgust.gif (810KB, 410x354px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.gif
810KB, 410x354px
>>31158288
>Uranium
>Insurgence
>decent

But to answer your question, Brown, Bronze, Blazed Glazed, Gaia, and plenty of difficulty hacks like Red++/Polished Crystal/anything by Drayano.
>>
Kanto Black

No,seriously,has anyone besides Me played that romhack,It's awesome
>>
>>31158752
>Force you to catch too much too early

maybe if you're bad.

It's perfectly possible do the first 2 leaders with only 2-4 pokemon. I've done this all the time in Drayano's hack, and only really start getting a team of six only around the fourth gym.
>>
We all know Insurgence is trash, but what about Zeta/Omnicrom
>>
>>31158288
Play Vega
>>
>>31158811
it's even worse
the thing is that it's not interesting to sweep the opponent team like that
>>
What about PMD hacks, do those exist
>>
>>31158902
I'm pretty sure some guy on gbatemp tried to hack red rescue team, just to close his own thread a week later saying something along the lines of "it's 2 hard"
>>
>>31158902
No. I remember people have looked into the GBA and DS games, and found that they were compiled in some way that makes editing them just about impossible (if you so much as change the number of characters in a textbox the entire ROM breaks).

PSMD I remember is really open regarding custom starters, even the part where you evolve into your final form works with custom starters, but I don't know what else has come from it. If someone figures out how to add custom portraits (right now using custom starters gives you blank portraits for any emotion that isn't in the game for that species) that'd be great though.
>>
>>31158288
Play reborn. It's got decent mechanics, a cringe edgelord plot that everyone loves to laugh at, and it's rpgmaker essentials, which makes it easy to inject whatever team you want to use, if you don't want to wait to find/breed pokes
>>
>>31158288
I thoroughly enjoyed Glazed and My Ass unironically.
>>
>>31158564
Yes you do.
How to get homebrew:
https://youtube.co//watch?v=Uysb6oQ7Bag (never watched so I don't know if it's easy to follow although the process is simple enogh)

How to install romhacks:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=_04t2i0I1js
>>
>>31158873

No one said anything about Sweeping, nerd.
>>
>>31158969
You are a saint ily
>>
Ash Grey

did they ever update it with johto?
>>
>>31158975
Not that guy but when I played Volt White last week my team ended up being severely overleved by route 4 from battling every trainer so I ended up oneshotting everything.
>>
>>31158288
Emerald ex 721 is just emerald but has the following shit packed into it:
>All mons up to gen 6 available, including legendaries and mega evolutions. Not all form changes are in, however. I don't think there's a way to change my rotom, at least.
>All items up to gen 6 available
>All abilities and moves up to gen 6 working correctly (including sucker punch, illusion, contrary, etc.)

I downloaded it 2 days ago because I wanted to use a gourgeist and contrary malamar through emerald, and it was quite fun tbqh. The only changes to the game per se I think is that gyms all have 5-6 mons and sometimes have mons of other gens.
>>
So what hacks do you reccomend for Emerald? I want to play Emerald, but I would like something with phys/spec split but that doesnt have an OC region or something like that. Basically, I would like something that is the normal Emerald but with something new on it.

>>31158635
Just checked out polyshed crystal and it looks pretty good. Phys/spec split, fairy type, natures, unlimited TMs, all the later gens good shit basically.
Not bad, I am finished with Prism so I might give it a spin.
>>
>>31159166
>>31159046
Forgot to mention:
>Physical/special split
>infinite TMs (there's like 110 or so
>The best part, HMs work LIKE REGULAR TMs. You can erase them for another move infinite times.
>>
>>31158975
So far the video is quite easy to follow, thanks a ton again
>>
>>31159275
>>31159046
So this is Emerald ex 721 you are talking about right?
What exactly is the name of the hack? So far I found Theta emerald, Theta Emerald ex Theta emerald ex 721. Do you have a link to the specific one you mean
>>
>>31158511
epic black surprise text xD
>>
>>31159451
I think it was that one, theta emerald ex 721.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=386240
>>
>>31159530
>that fucking thread
Why are so many romhackers such little annoying faggots?
>I dont want anyone to edit my work, this is my romhack
>bugs? fix them yourselves assholes
>what, you havent fixed the bugs in my hack? What a bunch of assholes
Jeez, at least the hack looks good.
>>
>>31159530
Do you have a link to a patched rom? I downloaded the patch, and tried with various emerald roms, and it just wont work
>>
>>31159948
http://gbahacks.blogspot.com.es
This blog uploads hacks already patched and playable.

Theta emerald is the last hack they've uploaded, so you'll find it at the top of the page.
There's a mediafire link and a google drive link.

However the pokecommunity page does have some excel sheets with the location of items and pokemon, I would recomend downloading that too (some mons evolve differently from canon, like trades and stuff).
>>
>>31160077
Thanks, anon.
Gonna bookmark that shit.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.