[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think will Gen 8's equivalent to Mega Evolution

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: Marmadoom.jpg (70KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Marmadoom.jpg
70KB, 600x600px
What do you think will Gen 8's equivalent to Mega Evolution and Z-Powers?
>>
>>31157216
Z-Abilities. You activate them like Z-Moves but they power up your Pokemon based on the ability they have
>>
>>31157216
I hope nothing, because we need more :

mega
balancing
evolutions

enough with the new things for now
>>
>>31157262
>more mega
pls no
>>
>Mega Bond
Pokemon with this ability can mega evolve after killing an opposing pokemon if they have 2 stars in pokemon refresh.
>>
>Mega-items

One pokemon in your party can now hold two items instead of one.
>>
hopefully nothing

they had five fine generations without saturating the games with all this weird shit. why are they going ham with these new mechanics now?
>>
>>31157378
New technology probably allows them to implement ideas they were mulling over for some time.
>>
>>31157342
come on
a lot of pokemon need it
>>
>>31157363
But the Mega-Item takes up one slot.
>>
>>31157216
mega z-moves but they're only for kantomons
>>
>>31157378
It's something fashionable that they can market.

That said, I actually thought Mega Evolution was a pretty natural extension of the franchise. I'm really surprised they all but dropped it in Gen VII.
>>
How about they just focus on making a game with a good amount of decent content this time around?
>>
>>31157216
the sinnoh remakes will have a whole lot more mega evos for gen 4 mons and cross evos if they decide to make it

however, even though pokemon has been avoiding it for a long time, youll have the ability to fuse more mons with the dna splicers. itll be for kanto mons only with lucario in there somewhere, and kyurem might be able to fuse with both zekrom and reshiram, but i think fusions will come back very soon
>>
>>31157262
>enough with the new things for now
GF shouldn't have even made Sun and Moon. They should be focusing on improving what they have. The games are a mess. GF has nothing to show for twenty years of development.
>>
>>31157535
Honestly, this seems to have been a problem since the games went full 3D.

I honestly thought that Sun & Moon would be better after they got all the preexisting models done for X & Y, but that really hasn't happened. I wouldn't mind going back to sprites if that meant that we would be a lot more content again, but that'll never happen.
>>
>>31157586
The only question is how to merge all involved Pokemons' stats, characteristics, etc.

Some anon in a past thread had a great idea to institute new Pokemon that are the crossbreeds of specific species. With the exception of Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem, that'd be the smart way to institute Pokemon fusions.
>>
Burst Mode.
Equip a specific item to a Pokemon.
Then, when you enter battle you select the Burst button located on the bottom screen. Then, your Pokemon enters Burst Mode, where it gains an invincibility aura for the turn it enters Burst Mode. Pokemon cannot attack the same turn they go into Burst Mode.

After having entered Burst Mode, all stats are increased by 20% excluding HP and all not very effective attacks do normal damage, super effective attacks taken do normal damage. Burst Mode lasts as long as the Pokemon is in battle, leaving the state once it has left battle. Only 1 Pokemon can enter Burst Mode per battle.
:^)
>>
>>31157260
Z-Wonder Guard: Pokemon takes no damage whatsoever.

Time to get my Mold Beaker game on.
>>
>>31157532
>actually thought Mega Evolution was a pretty natural extension of the franchise.
You have to be retarded then, a not permanent evolution triggered trough the power of friendship? Excuse me but that shit sounds more like a Digimon thing. At least the new dex entries gave them logical cosnequences to this
>>
>>31159810
>can mega evolve random chick's Lucario
The friendship part is probably about controlling the power mentioned in the new dex entries
>>
>>31158313
Z-Protean: Changes type to resist or avoid the next oncoming attack
>>
No more gimmicks please. What we have now is just fine. A series that survives on gimmicks is living on borrowed time. I like Mega evolution and Z-moves but they are unquestionably controversial additions to the series.

Moving forward I would like to see more regional variants and less super modes/attacks.
>>
File: smoochum.png (48KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
smoochum.png
48KB, 250x250px
>>31157216

primal babies
>>
>>31157504
Yeah, like Klefki
>>
>>31157878
So, Pokken Tournament.

I mean, I'd be okay with it.
>>
Megas are really cute tho!

But I would be content with regular evolutions, as long as they are decent.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.