[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if the next pokemon game is in a new region, but only has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1483202176308.jpg (45KB, 700x344px) Image search: [Google]
1483202176308.jpg
45KB, 700x344px
What if the next pokemon game is in a new region, but only has a few new alternate regional variants? As far as new stuff I mean.

This would allow them to world build a lot easier than doing repeating another game and a lot faster than creating a whole new generation of pokemon.

It'd also fit with how Zygarde seems to work, since he seems to be some sort of regional protector distributed to each region.

Doesn't that feel a whole lot better than going back to somewhere you've already explored? Doesn't that sidestep the issue of living up to inflated expectations based on fans of that generation?
>>
File: this nigga srs.jpg (135KB, 563x576px) Image search: [Google]
this nigga srs.jpg
135KB, 563x576px
>>31153805
>Continuing regional variants
>Further supporting Zygardes role
>GameFreak being proficient and competent
>GameFreak ever living up to expections

Would be nice, but it's farfetched. GameFreak doesn't seem to have the ability to follow a successful algorithm that doesn't solely involve making money.
>>
we're not jumping into gen 8 just yet
>>
>>31153825
Well I was hoping for at least ORAS's level of support of megas for regional variants. I hope they realize regional variants are probably the greatest innovation they've ever made, but I agree, living up to expectations. Particularly low, very easy and fair ones, is not their strong suit.
>>
>>31153840
It wouldn't be gen 8. It would just be a new place with a handful of new regional variants. ORAS had new megas, that's where that part of the idea came from.
>>
>>31153860
temporary forms =/= permanent forms
is it possible? sure
is it likely? give me 1 permanent form introduced in the middle of a gen.
>>
>>31153872
SUP FUCKERS
>>
>>31153900
>permanent
>permanent
>reading comprehension
>permanent
>>
>>31153906
It is permanent, you tool. Just don't take the orb away. :^)
>>
>>31153872
I really don't feel like this is remotely the same. Like can't I say the exact same about the introduction of a gen? Isn't the idea of introducing a new region without new pokemon a more dynamic idea than the idea of expanding on regional variants? Sounds like a really weird hang up man.
>>
>>31153805
>It'd also fit with how Zygarde seems to work, since he seems to be some sort of regional protector distributed to each region.
uh... not really. there's only 1 zygarde; he came to alola because he sensed the UB threat.

>>31153956
the problem with op's suggestion is that, datawise, introducing regional variants is pretty much the same as adding new pokemon entirely, making the point moot.
faster? yeah
by a notable amount? nah
>>
>>31153825
Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my part to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>31153996
There's theories that there's a network of Zygardes. One for each region and there's no damning evidence one way or the other. There's been instances of there being more than 1 of a legendary pokemon before.

Also, adding new variants isn't dynamically different from adding new mega's to the game. So no, the point is not moot. Also, tweaking a handful of existing designs, to the extent at which ORAS added a handful of megas is significantly less design time than creating an entirely new generation of pokemon. You are absolutely underestimating the time and effort put into each and every design.
>>
>>31154129
>Also, adding new variants isn't dynamically different from adding new mega's to the game.
but yes, it is
megas and forms are just building on pokemon you already have coded into the game
regional variants are more comparable to adding new pokemon, codewise, which is more time consuming than adding a form or mega.
>>
>>31154147
>Codewise
Uh I fucking guess. Who cares? Alola has like 18 Alolan variants. Do you think that's supposed to be a significant amount or remotely the same as designing and coding a completely new generation of pokemon?
>>
>>31154185
it comes pretty close to 18 new pokemon, yeah
>>
>>31153805
the next game is going to be in kanto
>>
>Doesn't that feel a whole lot better than going back to somewhere you've already explored? Doesn't that sidestep the issue of living up to inflated expectations based on fans of that generation?

Did you buy ORAS, even though it was a shit? Yeah, no kidding, me too. Actually, I think millions of people bought it, right?
>>
>>31154147
Coding a Pokemon is probably the least time consuming thing involved in designing these games. When GF comes up with a new Pokemon, I imagine the stats, abilities, all that other shit comes second. The actual design of the Pokemon is probably the most time consuming thing. I would assume, in this order, are some of the most time consuming things with rolling out a new Pokemon game.

>Designing new monsters
It's not the easiest thing to come up with a new Pokemon from fucking scratch. Sugimori started hitting creative blocks and I wouldn't be surprised if he's done the starters for this Gen, and nothing else. Next Gen he might not even do that much. Megas, Alolan forms, and cross-gen Evos are quick and dirty ways to come up with new Pokemon without putting as much sweat into it.

>3D monster design
Not much shortcut here. It is what it is, but definitely the simpler designs of newer monsters is not coincidental.

>Region design, and in-game asset design/etc.
This is tedious, joyless stuff. It's not too difficult to come up with a new region from scratch, but when you start actually creating the sprites/models/routes/etc. Hell, even the placement of NPCs. All this'll be marginally more helpful if you can visualize it. Revisiting regions is popular with fans, and also a tiny reprieve for the designers, since they have a really robust template to build off of for their new version of the region.
>>
>>31156556
oh no poor gamefreak, i never would have guessed working would be a hard and time consuming thing, maybe we should give them some more money
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.