[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ever since Aether Foundation was revealed people thought Colress

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: latest.jpg (85KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
85KB, 800x450px
Ever since Aether Foundation was revealed people thought Colress could be a part of it, some even thought they saw him in the trailers. It would make sense with Colress being so obsessed with the research about Pokemon.

Whats more Colress does look like he could easily be part of Lusamine's family (blond hair, green eyes)

Funnily enough Colress DOES appear in the game, he's even around the Aether building on route 8

But he's not part of Aether. What went wrong?
>>
Sun and moon are unfinished (((games)))
>>
His appearence is one of the strangest of the returning cameo characters. They bothered to give him a redesign, unlike trainers such as Wally and Cynthia, yet he has absolutely no significant relevance to the story and doesn't really do much to leave a mark on this generation.
>>
>>31153579
Because all speculations were just that, speculations. Despite him being blonde, despite him being a pokemon scientist, he has nothing to do with Aether.

simple as that.
>>
>>31153606
But thats exactly why its disappointing. It proves GF just doesnt have good ideas and cant create something that would tie some of regions
>>
The real problem is that trainers you battle from the Aether Foundation don't use Premier Balls.
>>
>>31153579
>Colress wasn't Lusamine's husband/father
Missed opportunity
>>
>>31153579
Aether is more about conservation than research. being the hyper trainer would have fit better for him as he is all about unlocking the max potential of Pokemon
>>
>>31153595
He's even more covered too in his new design for a hot tropical place like Alola
>>
>>31153889
>Aether is more about conservation than research
Just on the outside, the inside of Aether is all about research
>>
>>31153595
To be fair, that could very well mean that he will have an actual role in the upcoming games though.
>>
What did Colress even do in Sun/Moon? You talk to him once on Route 6 and then never see him again. It's like they completely forgot they put him in the game, like with Oak's cousin.
>>
>>31153855
>Colress being a part of Aether
>good idea
Pick 1
>>
>>31154641
What is bad about it?
>>
>>31154633
He gives you Genecect Drives
>>
>>31154633
he gives you the Genesect stuff but that could have easily be done by a random npc like for all the other legendaries
weird getting a model and redesign just for that
>>
>>31153579
>tfw he's a fucking cheater

His Klinklang in the battle tree has two items, focus sash and leftovers
>>
>>31154081
An npc mentions his suit is air conditioned.
>>
>>31154828
At the same time? Impossible. Do you mean separate encounters?
>>
>>31154898
It was after Focus Sash got consumed, but Sina's Oranguru Focus Blasted it and got rid of it. Then the turn afterwards it restored health (which it is listed as having a leftovers, but no switcheroo or anything)

I read in a battle tree general someone else tried to upload a video with him and it was illegal, so it may just be a glitch with him.
>>
>>31153579
his eyes are yellow not green.

I think the intention was for him to work with Aether, but it got cut in the development and we have this shoehorned cameo instead.
>>
>>31154641
The fact that him being part of an organization instantly tells you that it's probably an evil organization. Then we'd be railing GF on not being subtle about their twists
>>
>>31155290
Is there anyone who DIDN'T see Aether being evil coming from the getgo? They had the whole Versalife big bad corporation feel from the first reveal
>>
>>31155290
There's a scene where Aether employees are chasing down a scared looking girl about five seconds after starting the game. The first major Aether character you meet is fucking Faba. If they were trying to trick people into thinking Aether was good they did a piss-poor job.
>>
>>31155584
Ironically, I thought Lillie was the evil one, which is why she was always acting so shifty and timid
>>
>>31155671
>implying shit about precious cinnamon bun
you can get some good deals on bleach down at Costco, I hear
>>
Hopefully he has a bigger role in the follow up game. Perhaps an inversion of BW2. Make it so he's working with the big bad again for the sake of his research only to have him blow up something important of theirs when he's done with them as his way if giving you a fighting chance to shut them down.
>>
>>31155376
I knew Lusamine was going to be an evil bitch from the moment I saw her in the trailers.
>>
>>31153579
this made me so mad
I freaked out when I first saw him, I had hope that all the crazy theories like aether being evil, lusamine being related to lillie and gladion, story connections between ultra beasts and type: null for a climax, post game connection between silvally and arceus, and so on would all be true
These games had so much potential and missed it on all marks, not the worst pokemon games at all but by far the most disappointing
>>
>>31153585
Jewish games?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.