[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>People bitching about Toucannon >When Taillow and Swellow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

>People bitching about Toucannon

>When Taillow and Swellow look like their real world counterparts, and Pidgey looks generic
>>
Toucannon would be cool if it was just its own single stage pokemon instead of a tacked on wallbreaker to sn evolution line that seemed to be going for a speedy sweeper.

Not to mention it just doesn't look like it fits since its a goddamn toucan. It's like having Pidgeotto evolve into a peacock for no reason.
>>
>>31152124
I think people are more mad about how a woodpecker becomes a Toucan and how a Toucan can lead to many interesting designs but they took the easy way out
>>
>>31152124
Are saying you were expecting Toucan after woodpecker and bigger woodpecker?

You don't feel like Toucan comes from left field, even a little?

That's what's caused all the commotion.
>>
>Fish evolves into octopus
>Sparrow evolves into stork
>Seagull evolves into pelican
>Bat evolves into wyvern
These are fine.

>Woodpecker evolves into toucan
This is not fine.
>>
Here's the thing though; Taillow, Swellow, and Pidgey are old pokemon. Gamefreak should've learned by now, after 20 years, that nobody wants "my mom's X".

But lo and behold fucking Toucannon, with it's design made of 100% toucan and 0% cannon.
>>
>>31152553
>anyone actually thinking Octillery is fine
Your making shit up. Wingull still retains much of its appearance so you can tell that Pelipper is meant to be its evolved form. Fearow I'll grant you design wise but it at least retains its purpose in battle.
>>
>>31152124
>woodpecker evolves into toucan
>literally just a toucan
I like Toucanon, but it should have been a single stage Miltank-like mon with a proper evolution for Trumpbeak
>>
File: IMG_4071.png (584KB, 1024x732px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4071.png
584KB, 1024x732px
>>31152568
The way it's tail looks kind of invokes the overall shape of a Cannon.

Not a whole lot but still does.

If anything I'm more pissed it's so fucking slow and doesn't learn a flying multi hit move
>>
>>31152553
Design elements from those Pokemon atleast carry over to their evolutions, physically, conceptually, or both.

Toucannon just seems too left field. There was no hint of a cannon theme coming from Pikipek and Trumbeak.
>>
>>31152124
>people bitching about Toucannon
>after relentlessly bitching about how Pokemon never look like normal animals anymore
He's legit my favorite from this gen. He's still just as stylized any other "realistic" pokemon. And one anon pointed out that there's some subtely in how it's eyebrow looks like a flintlock trigger and the nostril looks like where you'd insert gunpowder or something in old guns.
>>
>>31152869
The problem isn't that its normal looking. You'd know that if you actually read what's been said here.
>>
>>31152553
>Fish evolves into octopus
Actually is
>pistol evolves into canon
>>
>>31152907
I don't care about the "out of left field" complaint. It's already been pointed out that there are similar situations already and that toucans and woodpeckers aren't incredibly far off from another. And complaining about its place in the evolutionary line is a completely separate matter from the complaints about it's design that OP was alluding to in the first place.
>>
>>31152124
All I'm really bothered by is that he doesn't have the speed or bulk to put his attack to use.
>>
>>31152477
This right here.
>>
>>31152553
>stork
Fearow isn't a stork
>>
>There is an alternate universe where we had a cannon themed fire cat starter Pokemon, and a wrestling heel themed regional bird
>>
>>31153768
we already have a wrestler bird.
>>
>>31152124
It's just a toucan. Swellow and Pidgeot at least look awesome. This is just a toucan. A slow, useless toucan. And don't come with "muh angery and heat cannon" not only are toucans pretty pissy most of the time but their beaks also produce heat. It's literally JUST MY MOMS TOUCAN.
>>
>>31152745
One of Trumbeak's animations for thngs like Bullet Seed literally has it open the ends of it's beak to fire.
>>
>>31152124
Taillow and Swellow are not as strong since they are just 2-stagers. Pidgey is base form, Toucannon is 2nd evo.
>>
>>31152477
Both woodpeckers and toucans are Piciformes
>>
>>31156448
that does not mean they look the same
>>
>>31156476
not anon but

it was apparently a good enough reason for GF
>>
>>31156494
yeah cause they couldn't be asked to create a complete and final woodpecker looking pokemon so they just took a toucan and made it angry
>>
>>31152459
>Not to mention it just doesn't look like it fits since its a goddamn toucan. It's like having Pidgeotto evolve into a peacock for no reason.
So it fits perfectly in the pokemon series? Because that's pretty typical for GF to do.
>>
>Avoid the "it just gets bigger" complaint by having the pokemon cleverly evolve into another species that's part of the same Order.
>Design it realistically because everyone complains that mons got too unrealistic/non-animal like
>get shit on anyway

what retards expected a woodpecker to stay a woodpecker? This is GF, pokemon constantly and consistently have had inspirations from multiple creatures.

But anyway, there's no point in arguing about this. /vp/ will always be mad about something. There's no pleasing everybody, after all.
>>
>>31156365
FUCKING PIDGEOT
>>
>>31152459
Woodpeckers and toucans are both in the same family, piciforms (hence "pikipek"). They're more closely related than most bird evolutionary lines.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.