[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Roaming legendaries are the second-worst idea Game Freak ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 5

File: Entei_Raikou_Suicune.png (1MB, 1280x1029px) Image search: [Google]
Entei_Raikou_Suicune.png
1MB, 1280x1029px
Roaming legendaries are the second-worst idea Game Freak ever had (behind event legendaries)

I hate them so much
>>
"i don't like it so it's bad"
-OP
>>
Are there any roaming legendaries in Sun and Moon?
>>
>>31149719
You're the reason 6th gen was so easy.
>>
>>31149739
Roaming legendaries aren't hard though, they're just annoying

Especially in the games where you can't tell where they are until you've already encountered them once
>>
>>31149749
You can literally call anything that creates difficulty/establishes a task for you annoying, so don't come with that bullshit.
>>
>>31149719
The fact we got rid of them is a good thing, fuck the people who liked it because of "mah difficulty". Now we need to keep event mons to promotional stuff only, once they gen they're native to is over they must be available in game.
>>
>>31149779
If it doesn't challenge the way I strategize it's just annoying. If they followed a pattern that's apparent in the game I might agree with you, but it just feels random.
>>
>>31149739
>Roaming legends in Kalos require you to encounter it multiple times
>Easier
Fuck off.
>>
>>31149779
Some things create difficulty in a way that's engaging, like battles against someone with a good team

Others create difficulty in a way that's not, like running into tall grass and hoping that this time the stupid Entei or Latios or whatever will be there and then running back to a city when it's not and then running into grass again and so on for fucking ever

Again, it's especially bad in gens 2 and 3. It took me like an hour to encounter Latios for the first time in a recent run through Emerald (which was also the last time, since I used the Master ball on that son of a bitch)
>>
>>31149726
"Someone on /vp/ didn't like it so it's good"
-(You)
>>
>>31149799
There ARE strategies to it. Again, it just sounds like difficulty you didn't want to put up with.

You can use anchor towns and walk from hometown through the region, and isolating the mons is a matter of tactical self-locating.

>>31149820
Yes because there's no potential battle with them when encountered -- they're confined to the cave.

>>31149829
That just sounds like upbringing. The people who grew up with it typically love roaming Legendaries because the hunt was fun. People accustomed to later gens see it as a chore since they want the mons on a silver platter.
>>
>>31149871
>since they want the mons on a silver platter.
ebin strawman, my friend :DDD
>>
>>31149871
The battle in the cave is precisely why it's more "difficult". You can't even use a master ball or mean look, you're required to hunt it down more than once. I bet you think shinies added difficulty to the game.
>>
>>31149914
That's why we see countless threads complaining about the 1% encounter rate for rarer mons in Alola, right? Haha, just let me catch it and finish this game!!

Even GF acknowledges how ADHD people are becoming.
>>
>>31149949
No because the end state is still the same. There's no assurance of locking down the mon. Shinies are a luxury you get for being lucky or a prize for perseverance if you decide to breed deliberately for it. It's a perk.
>>
>>31149871
>The people who grew up with it typically love roaming Legendaries because the hunt was fun.
Is this guy delusional? Everyone I know including myself started in either gen 1 or 2, and not a single person thought roaming legends were fun in the slightest.
>>
>>31149871
>The people who grew up with it typically love roaming Legendaries because the hunt was fun.
Playing since Gen 1.

No, roaming legendaries are obnoxious and unless you know what you're doing (hint; Kids won't without looking up guides), they're just obnoxious.
>>
>>31149979
I can see why Game Freak wanted to do them

They can kind of establish some continuity throughout your adventure by making recurring cameos until you capture them and bring that "stage" of it to an end

The problem is that they're fucking terrible
>>
>>31149976
Whatever you say, man. If I was able to use mean look or my master ball, I could've saved several hours from my day. I'd take the traditional roaming mons any day over that Kalos garbage.
>>
>>31149979
We must live on opposite sides of the world or something.

>>31149990
That's what adds to their reputation as usable Legendaries, it's worth it.
>>
Platinum is the fucking worst because of this

Who thought it was okay to have five of the fucking things
>>
>>31150031
Who were the roaming mons besides Mespirit and Cresselia? It's been years.
>>
>>31150080
The whole Bird trio
>>
>>31150106
I must've just migrated the birds from FR and never bothered with them in Plat. Don't remember that at all.
>>
>>31150020
>That's what adds to their reputation as usable Legendaries, it's worth it
If you're arguing the main game/post game, then you can use literally any Pokemon. All a Legendary has is higher base stats, but as Entei shows, that doesn't mean it's great.

As for competitive, holy shit no. Ruby/Sapphire had the Roaming IV Bug which meant that they'd have awful IVs. Emerald had the Roar bug which would remove them permanently in your file.

Even then, you still have some shitty legendaries for competitive. Entei, Mesprit, Moltres and the like. Only the genies were great.

And then you had the trash that was the birds in Kalos. Holy fuck.

No, they're not 'worth it' you autistic cum guzzling mongloid.
>>
>>31149719
They made it as retarded as they possibly could in XY and dropped it.
>>
>>31150031
>he didn't use the Poketch
DPPt made the roamers so easy
>>
>>31150080
The Genies and birds
>>
Catching pokemon is honestly super boring and routine. I think I'd actually enjoy more gimmicks like roaming pokemon to make it feel like less of a samey chore.
>>
>>31150208
>genies in gen 4
:I
>>
>>31150203
You still have to catch them
>>
File: 1481570117105.jpg (33KB, 233x267px) Image search: [Google]
1481570117105.jpg
33KB, 233x267px
>>31149788

>Now we need to keep event mons to promotional stuff only, once the gen they're native to is over they must be available in game

Fuck you, it's shit like this that's the reason the last EVENT pokemon was Victini.

If you think getting handed legendaries in the fucking pokemon center is the way to go, not only are you wrong, you're fucking retarded
If you
>>
>nature's are locked from the 1st encounter
Terrible idea, especially in gen II
>>
>>31149734
No

The UBs can only be found on grass/caves though
>>
Roamers were retarded since you cant/its hard to soft reset for them
>>
>>31150154
>playing Sapphire year ago
>struggle with hunting and catching Latias
>love that jet plane to death
>find out years later it's hot trash because of Roaming IV bug

It hurt when I found out, but I can't not love the thing
>>
File: IMG_0016.jpg (23KB, 217x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0016.jpg
23KB, 217x250px
>>31149829
>Just want to give shitty IVs Raikou to my friend (look up Roaming IV glitch)
>2 HOURS LATER
>No Raikou
>>
File: you silly willy.jpg (12KB, 255x210px) Image search: [Google]
you silly willy.jpg
12KB, 255x210px
>>31150517
>natures
>gen II
>>
>>31150481
Events are fine, but if you lose your data due to corruption or anything those 50 event mons become a real hassle. There's also the annoying bit of going to a specific store to get that event mon you might not have the time to, or the nearest location is hours away. I don't have a Toys R Us in town, so you can imagine I hated that when it used to be a thing. Online events are fine.
>>
Lamo you mean it was impossible to have a lati/raikou/suicune with decent IVs back in ADV?
>>
>>31150154
Turns out the Roar glitch is only in FRLG. That almost makes it worse.
>>
>>31150815
You could get the beasts from Colosseum, and if you were extremely lucky, use the Eon Ticket E-Reader card to get a good Lati.
>>
>>31150846
Ohhhhh
>>
>>31150757

I wasn't so much complaining that online events replaced location based events

I really nust miss getting an item that unlocked a location that you could travel to and find the legendary there.
Now, rather than make the effort to add those events, they just rather hand you legendaries in the center.
>>
>>31150718
Fine, HG/SS then.
>>
>>31150879
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J77J5JSd_5o

This video explains just how bullshit the Eon Ticket E-Reader card was. The only pther ways to get the Eon Ticket were through Mystery Gift and issue 173 of Nintendo Power.
>>
>>31150757
Try living in a country that doesn't have events and then you can say they're fine (HUElander here)
>>
Wifi/QR code based events are just perfect
>>
>>31150901
Oh, yeah I hate that too. I really enjoyed getting the items that let you explore and catch the Pokemon, it felt like a mini side adventure. I really want something with a side story to it like the Delta episode that rewards you with an event mon in the end, it feels so much better than just getting them handed to you.
>>
>>31150964
Can Ohmori please give us a Darkrai sidequest in the DP remakes?
>>
>>31149871
I've been playing since Gen1.
Fuck roaming legends. They are one of only two things I'm actually willing to use a Master Ball on (and the other is Suicidal Shinies...and I'm not the kind of person that actually runs into shinies)
The hunt is NOT fun. It's boring as shit.
>>
>>31150922
Don't forget that you needed another GBA, a Link Cable, and an eReader
>>
>>31151069
Chugga (sorry if you hate him) explains this in the video.
>>
>>31151014
There was already kind of a Darkrai/Cresselia sidequest in DP, you just needed the Member Pass to catch Darkrai
>>
>>31151014
Just watched the darkrai event on youtube

Spooky ass shit
>>
>>31151079
I didn't open the video at all, I was just adding to what you typed in your post
>>
>>31151025
>I'm not the kind of person that actually runs into shinies
I have literally never seen a wild shiny other than the scripted red Gyarados in GSC and HGSS

Not even one
>>
>>31151124
Exactly.
Yet I hold on to Master Balls JUST IN CASE because I know if I ever DO find one, it's going to be one that can kill itself. And roamers are annoying enough for me to ignore that and just get the damn thing.
>>
>>31151124
Just curious, how many Pokémon game shave you played since GSC?
>>
>>31151201
>game shave
>>
>>31151225
>being unshaven
>caveman fashion

I bet you wear scraps of animal skin only too, don't you?
>>
>>31151201
Crystal, Ruby, Emerald, FireRed, Pearl, Platinum, Black, Black 2, X, and Sun.
>>
>>31151305
That sucks, I've only ever found one wild shiny across 12 games.
>>
>>31151201
>>31151305
Also HeartGold, forgot to include it.
>>
File: IMG_0017.png (16KB, 158x237px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0017.png
16KB, 158x237px
>>31151319
Pic related whom I stupidly wiped the save on.
>>
>>31151305
>Not starting with Gen 1

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Is that how you do this thing?

I've seen a few shinies but I've also lost some, so don't give up
>>
I only found like 4 shinies playing throughout 6 generations

Maybe because i have like 50 max repels and dont breed lel
>>
>>31151353
I asked for games since GSC because shinies weren't in Gen I. Nice reading comprehension.
>>
>>31151353
The question was which games I'd played starting from Gen II since there are no shinies in Gen I

I have played Gen I
>>
>>31151363
>only 4
>only
>4

REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>31151366
>>31151368
Technically there ARE shinies in Gen 1, you just can't distinguish them until Gen 2; I will admit to fucking up, however
>>
>>31151363
Meanwhile, I never use repels and breed a shitton.
You claim 'only' four, I say that's FOUR WHOLE FUCKING SHINIES HOLY SHIT
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.