[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you change if you was in charge of the next pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: POKEWHORES.jpg (133KB, 692x871px) Image search: [Google]
POKEWHORES.jpg
133KB, 692x871px
What would you change if you was in charge of the next pokemon game?

>remove iv's
>remove natures
>remove ev's
>>
>>31146324
>Remove battles
>Remove Pokemon
>Add dating sim elements
>>
>>31146324
>dat tsundere dawn
DING DONG
>>
>>31146324
Why is Hilda the oldest when she's only a little older than Rosa?
>>
why is serena a midget
>>
>>31146324
natures can stay, they're not as annoying to get and work procentually rather than being a blatant +31.
>>
>Make pokemon only able to use one move that matches their type
>Only allowed to carry three pokemon
>>
>>31146324
Goddammit this picture is so fucking cute.
>>
IV's can stay since you can train them now.
Natures can stay only if you can change them somehow.
EV's should stay so you can somewhat build your Pokemon the way you want.
Add more egg moves and make shiny's be only obtainable either through breeding for legendary events (so that breeding wouldn't become useless).
>>
>>31146443
sure, we can train them, but we still need to go through hoops for 0 atk (minimize confusion damage and foul play damage) and 0 spd (gyro ball and trick room)
not to mention how long it takes to get to level 100.
>>
>>31146324
Actually, May should be the oldest, being a year older than ____.
>>
>nerf fairy and water types
>buff rock and ice types
>make hyper training easier to do
>make power items easier to get after e4
>bring back horde system or make sos easier to influence
>make hard mode available from the start
>more postgame

I think that's it.
>>
>>31146324
More rural areas, I know pokemon is a modern world setting RPG but they don't do cities right or towns.
>>
>>31146467
If I'm allowed to make changes then I can also make it you can subtract values from IV's.
>>
>>31146324
I want to cum inside all of them
>>
>Add explicit references to post game events in the main storyline
>>
Everyone worships Mina as the goddess she deserves to be
>>
>>31146324
First, lower the barrier to entry for IV training making bottlecaps easier to find in postgame, but balance that out by making each bottlecap function as plus or minus 1 to an IV, and maybe keeping the rare Max all IVs Gold Bottlecaps.

Fun extra wrinkle, actually have re-write the actual IVs and Hidden Power, but The pokemon can't be a breeding parent anymore.

>remove natures
Something along this line too, but not removing them. I know that most natures are pretty useless, and are just a relic of the half of GameFreak that stubbornly insists on having RNG elements because they think that Pokemon is supposed to be a monster-raising game for children even if those things are in direct opposition to the competetive community and things like Pokemon Refresh are better received as 'monster raising' gameplay elements, but the viable ones are a nice element to strategize with.
There should be some kind of "hyper training" for natures. I imagine something along the lines of a Pokemon 'summer camp' or 'after school activity/club' thing where you as the trainer can enroll your Pokemon in an activity to help them nurture different facets of their personality, and their nature can change to reflect the new experience.
And it would be a fun way of pandering to anime fans and otakus with all the 'school club' jokes and tropes that can be used.
We already have stuff like Z-moves and Mega Evolution to bring more shonen shit into pokemon, and Pokemon Contests for milking Idol shit, I don't see the problem with something like this.
>>
>>31146365

Billions made overnight
>>
>>31146324
>Bottle Caps can be used below level 100.
>Natures can be changed.
Now every trash mon can be competitively viable.
>>
>>31146324
>Easier way to IV train, so people don't have to hack.
>Hard mode
>A few areas to explore and at least 2 postgame battle facilities
>More unique Z-moves
>More regional forms
>Actual fucking League
>Bring Gyms back, but with something like a Trail being required to challenge the Leader
>Any protagonist, even Red, but now being a bit involved in the story
>A skip button for the cutscenes you've already seen
>Mega Charizard Z
>>
>>31146620
Only 4 natures matter, adamant, jolly, timid, and modest so let's just have those 4
>>
>>31146659

How does this make a trash mon any more viable at all???????????
>>
Make Anno write the entire thing. Give Obsidian full creative control, and put in on the Switch.
>>
>>31146939
No, you have natures that allow for mixed attackers, you have natures for defensive pokemon, and you have natures for inherently slow pokemon.
Not to mention keeping at least one neutral nature around.
>>
>>31147003
well, the one's that lower special defense to boost regular defense and vice versa are kinda pointless.
>>
>>31147038
Yeah, I can agree that those defense trade-off natures are pointless. Nobody wants those.
Defenses are not interchangeable like Attack and Special Attack. A defensive Pokemon will want both, and is better served by a nature that trades off Speed or an unwanted attack stat for more defenses or speed.
>>
less bike/tauros simulator & grinding for exp, more active gameplay

change/train IVs via minigame
change natures via minigame
egg moves tutor-able
pokeballtism changable

basically remove all necessity for breeding except for hatching shinies and making more pokes to trade away
>>
>>31146970
Because you can now change the nature of trash you randomly caught.
>>
>>31146939
Literally the only natures that are irrelevant are Lax, Gentle, and the Neutral natures, which really should have been one nature to begin with.
(Technically the neutral natures work by both raising and lowering the same stat, so I can see why there are 5 of them, but it's stupid)
>>
Basically add showdown to the actual game.
>>
File: 1477877471353.png (527KB, 741x884px) Image search: [Google]
1477877471353.png
527KB, 741x884px
>Milf Leaf
Perfect
>>
Fucking remove neutral natures, what is even the point behind this other than to piss people off? It's honestly worse than getting a +/- nature that you didn't want

Let people change natures

Let people ACTUALLY change IVs

Poof, now people have less incentive to hack their games since everything is marginally easy to do.
>>
>>31146535
Best one so far.
>>31146543
We all need a more detailed explanation.
>>
>>31146324
Make natures more balanced.
>>
>>31146324
>More variety of Fire and Water Types Pokemon in the beginning of the game. I feel like I've used Slowpoke and Ponyta a thousand times by now.
>Name Rater and move deleters have their own notable buildings in the game's big city
>Bring back Pokemon walking behind you like in heart gold.
>Tiny patch of grass near Daycare in which you can find all the baby mons each with only a 3% to 5% rate
I'm a complete normie in pokemon and have no idea how IVs work. But I think my list os agreeable
>>
File: Hex Mimikyu.jpg (288KB, 767x985px) Image search: [Google]
Hex Mimikyu.jpg
288KB, 767x985px
>>31146324
>EVs
Pokémon can now be assigned/ordered to train a specific stat. When they defeat another Pokémon, they will gain 2 EVs in the stat they are training. If the Pokémon they defeated naturally yields EVs in the stat they are training, they will also gain those EVs as a bonus; otherwise, they will only earn the 2 EVs from training.
This training stacks with existing EV-enhancing methods, like the Power items and Pokérus.
The EV cap remains at 508. There is a display on the stat screen showing this cap and how many EVs a Pokémon has earned toward this total.
Earned EVs can be reassigned to another stat at a 2:1 cost.
In post-game, this feature is upgraded to be able to train two stats at once.
>>
If I were in charge, the next game would be a sinnoh rekame/sequel but i would torture my programmers until they can create a way better engine that can at least handle double battles with good framerate

Also i would update pokebank to be compatible with all the gen 4 games and the sinnoh remakes will include a model for spiky eared pichu and cosplay pikachu

These remakes should have a battle frontier

Also i would add a feature that let's you change the ball of your pokemon

Also this>>31146606 i would hide a super secret code that not even the best data miners could find

this code will allow me to marry mina
>>
File: silph.jpg (77KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
silph.jpg
77KB, 600x600px
>>31146324
>>31148176
>IVs
IV training can now be done by the player at any time with any Pokémon, using Bottle Caps.
Actual IVs are changed, it's not just battle functionality.

>Bronze Bottle Cap
Raises the IV of one stat by 5 points.
Obtainable as a uncommon item in the overworld and Fishing, as a reward from various NPCs, Lottery/Plaza/Pelago/etc, purchased for 8 BP at the Battle Facility.
>Silver Bottle Cap
Raises the IV of one stat by 10 points.
Obtainable as a rare item in the overworld and Fishing, a reward for defeating Gym Leaders (or equivalent) in rematches, Lottery/Plaza/Pelago/etc, and purchased for 16 BP.
>Gold Bottle Cap
Maximizes the IV of one stat.
Obtainable as a reward for defeating Gym Leaders/equivalent for the first time, as a major reward from other NPCs, Lottery/Plaza/Pelago/etc, a reward for 20-win streaks in the Battle Facility, and purchased for 48 BP.
>Platinum Bottle Cap
Maximizes all of a Pokémon's IVs.
Obtainable as a reward for clearing the plot pre-Elite Four. Also available as an ultra-rare Lottery reward, rare reward from max-level Plaza/Pelago/etc, a reward for 50-win streaks in the Battle Facility, and purchased for 200 BP.
Also a guaranteed held item on Wild Shiny Pokémon.
>Black Bottle Cap
Sets an IV to 0.
Obtainable as a rare overworld item, "reward" from dick NPCs (maybe a Rival), and purchased for 16 BP.
>Bent Bottle Cap
Maximizes one IV, sets another to 0.
Obtainable from Lottery/Plaza/Pelago/etc and purchasable for 32 BP.
Can also be given to a post-game NPC to redistribute a Pokémon's IV points, subtracting up to 32 points to be added to other stats. Not all unspent points need to be used.

All Bottle Caps have a rare chance to be found on Wild Pokémon, which increases with factors like more Pokédex completion, number of Eggs hatched (Caps also received as rewards from the Day Care Couple every few tens of Eggs), and having a Shiny Chain going.
>>
File: 1481411609679.png (547KB, 814x848px) Image search: [Google]
1481411609679.png
547KB, 814x848px
>>31148760
stay away from my wife
>>
older protags
>>
>>31146606
>letting a family pet/Pokemon eat your painting
Completely irresponsible, I blame her parents.
>>
>>31146324
>more waifumons
>more waifus
>more gen 1 pandering
>>
>>31146365
this but keep waifumons
>>
All non-babypokemon are breedable, even genderless and legendary pokemon.

Someo f the legends are no longer legendary, just really, really rare (Latios/Latias, Heatran, and Genesect to name a few)

Baby forms for some of the legends
-Baby Latios/Latias that evolves into one or the other
-Baby Genesect from before it got the cyborg parts before
-Baby Mewtwo
-Baby Darkrai
-Baby Cresselia
-Phione now evolves into Manaphy

Baby and evolved forms for a few others...
-Baby Calf that can turn into Miltank or Tauros
-Plusle and Minun now evolve but they turn into the same thing
-Poison, Steel, and Rock Eevees
-Change Keldeo-Reoslute so it has totally different stats from normal form, Keldeo catchable in-game
-Hold-Item that makes Meloetta start is Pirouette form, Meloetta catchable in-game
-New Rule-Every move in the game is required to be learned by level -up by at least one pokemon. No more shit like Happy Hour only going on event-mons somebody has to get Happy hopur by level-up now. Additionally, all pokemon now learn their signature move by level-up if they have a signature move (Looking at you, Victini and Keldeo)
-Eggs don't take up a party-slot (if party is full it gets sent to PC when it hatches), they hatch in real-time now (takes half an hour), and they can hatch while in your PC.
-PC has enough boxes to hold 1000 pokemon, you're encouraged to catch them all
-Between the two versions you can get nearly every pokemon, including some pokemon that were previously event-only. Very few will have to come in through pokebank if you want to complete a pokedex
-100 new pokemon, including two different Fire/Grass types (one fast and one bulky) and a Electric-Fighting
-Better physical Electric moves
>>
>>31146324
May is best girl
>>
>>31146324
Remove gen 4 and 5
>>
>>31149091
>baby legendaries
>plusle and minun evolving into the same thing
>Keldeo-Resolute having different stats
>eggs taking real time to hatch

Those ideas are retarded. The rest are ok.
>>
>Dating Sim mode.
>Gardevoir move into Human-like Egg Group
>Marry Lillie
>>
>Hard mode unlocked after beating the game ala Gen 5 as its base
>cutscenes can be skipped only in Hard mode
>Starter cutscenes are quick and easy so autismos can easy SR for natures/shinies
>Access to synchronize pokemon at least 1/6 into the game (Abra/Elgyem)
>Mid-game access to power items via light-grinding via minigames or long sidequests requiring backtracking or NPC interacting or meeting requisites
>the lead pokemon holding a power item guarentees a wild pokemon's specific IV be 31 or 0
>Pokedex has inherent Dexnav
>field moves are back
>old HM moves and more field moves to add exploration and new areas in older pathways
>IV checking unlocked 1/2 through the game
>IVs are also now able to be trained permanently, albeit very slowly and tedious at this point, but much easier post-game
>Lower threshold of IV training to 50 but the pokemon is no longer a breedable parent, but the training can be reversed if desperate
>Access to soothe bell and amulet coin 1/4 into the game via exploring current areas
>Access to good EXP grinding at the very end of post-game (Blissey garden or some shit idk)
>Apricorn balls (for the balltists)
>Pokedex completion percentage affects additional factors like HA chance, rare pokemon spawn chance, wild pokemon held item chance, and increased EXP and money gain
>>
>>31146393
>gremlin
>>
>>31146324
>all Ice-types are now retconned as Water-types
>Ice is only a move-type
>Water-types get STAB on Ice-type moves
:^)
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.