[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://twitter.com/satoshi_swalot https://pbs.twimg.com/pro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

https://twitter.com/satoshi_swalot
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_banners/244800145/1483196422
ポケスペ通巻版は現在52巻まで発売中!B2W2編の真っ最中ですがこれが終わるとXY編、ORAS編、と続きます。XY編は写真のようなポケモンファン掲載分も含めた完全版になります。サン・ムーン編はいったい何巻になるんだろうね。
"There are 52 Volumes on sale right now! It’s in the middle of the B2W2 arc, but when it’s over, I’ll be doing XY and ORAS editing and so forth. The XY arc will contain the Pokemon Fan chapters and it will be a complete version. I wonder how many volumes SM will wound up with?" (Loose translation from https://ilovecrt.tumblr.com/post/155214252261/so-this-isnt-a-surprise-but-yamamotos-latest)

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>31144753

Pokemon Special had serialization hell where B2W2 was preemptively dropped for XY. Manga serialization is weird and you can't simply just find another magazine to pick it up. So for the longest time, B2W2 was just lying there unfinished for 2 years.

In physical standalone book releases, they have Volume 1-52. But since B2W2 isn't finished, they can't release the XY and ORAS stuff as part of their numbered collection. They did it in as a separate standalone, often regarded as the "Magazine" releases, which are just the CoroCoro Magazine chapters compiled straight into a book with no changes. It was a way for people to read the new stuff, but it lacked the "Pokemon Fan" magazine chapters for some reason.

But since Sunday-Webry decided to pick up B2W2 and restart the entire serialization back from Chapter 1 of B2W2, the arc can finally be finished.

When B2W2 is finished and added into the numbered release (Volume 1-52+), XY and ORAS will follow immediately afterwards with small changes from their Magazine release and also include the side-chapters from "Pokemon Fan."

TL;DR - They're waiting on B2W2 to finish so they can also put XY and ORAS in the Numbered collection because they can't right now because B2W2 is incomplete.
>>
>>31144991
>Dropped for XY
One more reason why i hate gen 6.
>>
>>31144991
Do you know if they will put the real ending in web version of BW2 or once again will be in the final volume?
>>
>>31145072

If it makes you feel any better:

RS/FRLG/E had the same issue where they were all being serialized at the same time, so they couldn't leapfrog each other.

Like they couldn't show that the Kanto folks were petrified early in its run because it spoiled the entire FRLG run, and you couldn't quite show Ruby and Sapphire yet because RS was still going and there were some implications of whether they wanted to show some previous characters in that arc in Emerald or not.

HGSS was also the same way as B2W2/XY.
HGSS was dropped for BW, hence why it only had like 14-15 chapters before the writers had to rush it and make brand new chapters from scratch to wrap it up.
>>
>>31145131

I don't know. Probably not. They did that for ORAS where they showed the ending for it in the physical release "Pokemon Special ORAS Vol 3" which I had to end up buying and scanning so people can see the ending of the arc.

The only time they showed the complete ending so far is RS. XY might not need any changes, but it's too early to tell since BW had a fairly happy ending and then when it got to the numbered release, the dude got sucked into a rock and had his waifu scream his name.
>>
>>31145137
Its a common thing in comics in general. Especially with DC and their "we tell a whole arc over 5 different comic books" attitude
>>
>>31145185
I am sure XY will have an extended ending because jobber Y's greninja was revealed to have battle bond in the last mini volume and that never came to play in XY plot.
>>
>>31145185
What?! Are you telling me the lame contest thing with diance IS THE EXTENDED ENDING OF ORAS?! REEEEEEEE!
>>
>>31145191

Hence why a lot of comics get canceled unfortunately. I think in my day when I actually read DC comics actively, Flashpoint spawned a bunch of new comics specific for that event that tied back in to the main story.

But for Pokemon Special, it was different because there was a set rule of. RS -> FRLG -> Emerald must be read in that specific order or else it won't really make sense, hence why it was numbered "15-29" because it was a sign of this is the order you read the series in.

VIZ, the English providers basically said "Fuck that" and released DPPT, HGSS, and BW/B2W2 all as their own releases starting the number count back to 1. Which is good because most of them are unrelated to each other, anyways.
>>
>>31145224

Yeah. That was what the tweet was saying: that the artist, Satoshi Yamamoto, would be editing XY and ORAS, meaning there'll be changes from the magazine run.

He also wonders how long SM will be as an arc, but it's really dependent if Game Freak fucks them over like they did for HGSS -> BW and B2W2 -> XY.

I honestly don't know how her Greninja would use Battle Bond, seeing how it evolved every single time without her actually doing anything. It evolved the first time to save her from being hit by a Honedge and it evolved again out of the blue just to splash the team and basically tell them to stay cautious.

>>31145245
A whopping 5 pages for $5.
>>
>>31145185
Kusaka is insane, magazine BW ended with black coming down back to the league, volume BW ended with this...
>>
>>31145408
>Kusaka is insane, magazine BW ended with black coming down back to the league, volume BW ended with this...

If that's true, that's the most hilarious shit I've ever heard of. Wish I saw the live reactions to this.
>>
>>31145822
Is true, the magazine version of BW ended with a generic happy ending.
>>
>>31145863
Hoo boy, the backlash must've been crazy after Black got stoned. I wonder why there was never a screencap of this, though.
>>
File: 1479517360795.jpg (117KB, 723x642px) Image search: [Google]
1479517360795.jpg
117KB, 723x642px
>>31144753
>reading special
>>
>>31145863
Anywhere I can see it?
>>
>>31145888
Nobody really storytimed BW because the scans were do shit until recently. So it's hard to pinpoint an exact moment where everyone got butthurt
>>
File: Pokemon_Special_v51_c524_166 (1).png (836KB, 900x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Special_v51_c524_166 (1).png
836KB, 900x1300px
>>31145863

The ending? It was basically this page. Still in the numbered release, except that 3-4 pages, Black gets rock'd.
>>
>>31146020
Well that's disappointing. At least it's a good source of shitposting though, right? I don't know, I just want the poor kid out already.
>>
>>31146056

3-4 pages later*
>>
>>31146074
It is, every Hilbert thread has rockposters in it. And every PokeSpe thread eventually turns into BW conversation
>>
>>31146178
Because everyone loves a tragic ship and XY is shit.
>>
>>31146056
For which reason he got stoned?
>>
>>31146584
Gethis is evil.
>>
>>31146584
Because gethis is a sore loser.
>>
>>31146584
Reshiram started to go back into a rock after Zekrom and N left, Gethis used that alien mon which name i can't remember right now to push black into the vortex zone.
>>
>>31146692
>>31147081
>>31148437
>gethis
It's Ghetsis.
>>
>>31148677
Sorry, i always forget how write his damn name i am lazy to google it in another tab.
>>
>>31145263
>Hence why a lot of comics get canceled unfortunately.

The occasional crossover is fine as long as the events of the story relevant to the main character get resolved in their respective series.

With something like these Marvel crossovers, you'll have a story start in Spiderman 157, continue to 158, then to find out how it ends you have to buy some fucking Iron-Man issue, and Spiderman 159 is a fresh story that doesn't even briefly outline how 157/158's story ended up for Spidey.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.