[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the most interesting social encounter you've had with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1439138384403.png (221KB, 766x516px) Image search: [Google]
1439138384403.png
221KB, 766x516px
Whats the most interesting social encounter you've had with pokemon players /vp/?

For me, it was about 4/5 years ago when B/W was first coming out.

>San diego B/W Mall Tour
>My best friend and I go together, bring our DSs with HGSS
>Standing in line at about 9:30, place didnt open till 10:00
>Everyone has their DSs out either trading or battling.
>Infront of us are two really old ladies, Like actual seniors in their 70's maybe even 80's, poder white hair, wrinkles the works.
>Figure their kids probably were off doing stuff
>On closer inspection, they're both holding DSs
>Sort of eavesdrop on their conversation (They were pretty loud) And realize they're actually discussing the current Gen V reveals (At the time Desukan, Gigigear, etc.)
>My friend chimes in on their conversation about Desukan (Cofagrigus) and they respond, turns out they're really friendly and very chatty (And energetic) the discussion then shifts from Gen V mons to Gen IV competitive strats, One of the ladies claims she runs a mean weather team, and out of the blue, since we have time, they challenge us.
>We agree, hop on and search for a local room
>Accept battle
>Trainer Taylor and Trainer Sam would like to battle
>Scizor, Infernape, and Rhyperior
>Kyogre, Mantine and Togekiss
>Their teamwork is incredible
>They fucking floor us with 4 pokemon remaining, We got locked with Togekiss and Mantine spamming aircutter and flinching
.Right as we end its about 10 o clock
>Line starts moving inward and we pocket our DSs
>They thank us for the match and head off on their way.
>We go ours

Never think you're too old for Pokemon /vp/ because clearly, they weren't.
>>
Sounds pretty savage
>>
>>31143306
It was honestly cool. I never thought i'd meet someone that old playing pokemon. It was kind of sagely really.

We talked with them a little after, and it turned out sam (The elder) actually got into pokemon around early gen IV because of her grandson, who taught her how to play basics, then she went and started learning on her own and got her friends involved. She also said she loved it because it made her feel young again.

Think a grandmother who plays Candy crush exclusively, but with pokemon and actually likes getting good at it. Like, Coolest grandma i'd ever met, thats for sure.
>>
>>31143238
>TFW 39 and still play pokemon
>>
>>31143434
>there are people who will be playing pokemon on their deathbeds
>>
>>31143695
>people died before catching a Castform in S/M
>>
>>31143793
kekku
>>
>Social

REEEEEEEEEEEE
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.