[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone out there ever try pokemon tabletop games? Always wanted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: ptu-blog-logo.png (18KB, 600x100px) Image search: [Google]
ptu-blog-logo.png
18KB, 600x100px
Anyone out there ever try pokemon tabletop games? Always wanted to set up a group for it and give it a shot
>>
i've been interested, but never got around to do one
>>
>>31142757
basically this.
I have the rules and statted out a few pokes and a trainer. But haven't found anyone interested.
>>
>>31143000
Same here. I actually wanted to do it because I collect the tomy moncolle figures and it would make for good miniatures, but I don't have any friends who are interested in tabletop anymore.
>>
>>31142354
I played a PTU game a few times. The base mechanics are allright and fun, but he game is really slow (I'm talking 4 players is maximum party size, unless you want people wandering off until it is their turn again) because each character is bascally a summoner class from another game.
It also has a problem with 'tism, a good chunk of the people you just find to play with are going to go down the "I need a shiny Umbreon, Glaceon, and Vaporeon, but the Vaporeon needs to be steel type" path.
If you can find a good group, it's pretty good, if slow. If you can't, be prepared for people to tell you unhealthy details about their Pokemon.

And Grapple Steelix/Dragonite is hands down the most OP thing in the game.
>>
>>31144391
>but the Vaporeon needs to be steel type
i
what
>>
>>31144391
Reminds me of one guy I know who, no matter what game I suggest, INSISTS that he be a necromancer. He won't play otherwise.

I'm a little disappointed that PTU seems like, "here's the pokemon game... but on tabletop." Like just straight trainers, gym, league stuff.
I'd like to do a more pokemon mystery dungeon type thing, more fantasy-ish environments, maybe make like an apricorn crafting system for armor and stuff, buuuuuut that would require effort and retooling of the rules they have and I don't really feel like doing that if I'm not going to wind up playing for lack of people
>>
>>31144414
That was an actual example I encountered. And it wasn't done in a cool way, like a throwback to the liquid metal terminators, it was just a steel Vaporeon for no explained reason.
>>
>>31144571
Some of the expansion books have material for that kind of stuff. Nothing quite PMD-like, though someone on the main forum has started the groundwork of homebrewing it already.
>>
>>31144771
if you go that way, what's the fucking point anymore
"we can do and change everything we want about whatever pokemon"
i feel like the worst part about starting a tabletop are the autists and the underage

if anyone here has some good ideas and maybe some other site/ shit to do it on i'd be down honestly, at least if we avoid the aforementioned retards
>>
>>31144786
link
>>
>>31142354
I've played PTA quite a few times over the years. It's definitely flawed by god is it flawed, GMing it is a serious pain, especially with munchkins since stuff is so easy to abuse and unbalance but it's fun with the right people. I've got a chip on my shoulder with PTU with how the classes are set up, but I know mechanically it's a lot more sane, so I need to give it another try.
>>
>>31147076

For the splatbooks (And main books, too)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lbbtmqi7e75k7td/PTU+1.05.zip

For the forum topic, with links to the PMD rules
http://forums.pokemontabletop.com/topic/10435348/1/
Try not to scare the locals, anons.
>>
Wish I could meet some of you guys irl. Would be cool to try this
>>
>>31147956
I should mention, the PMD stuff assumes you have the main PTU book on hand, as a lot of things refer to the main book.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.