[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This fucker right here is quickly becoming the bane of my existence.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

File: 250px-371Bagon.png (38KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-371Bagon.png
38KB, 250x250px
This fucker right here is quickly becoming the bane of my existence. Hours of searching and I still haven't found anything. This is getting Snorlax-chaining levels of bad.

What are some of the worst Pokemon to chain/find?
>>
>>31139479
politoed. shits impossible.
>>
That sucks anon. I came across Bagon on my 3rd encounter in that grass patch.

>Quiet nature
JUST
>>
>>31139479
Have you not even found it through random encounters yet? Where are you searching for it?
>>
>>31139479
have you tried mele mele bay? it has a higher chance rate but no salamence if thats what you're really after.
>>
>inb4 he's not searching on kala'e bay
>>
>>31139504
>>31139518
I'm searching in that side patch of grass on Rt. 3 right before Rt. 1. Part of me is trying to catch all available Pokemon on each island before progressing, but now I'm just going for the Bagon and Island Scan mon (think it's Cyndaquil today) and getting out. I've blown way too much time here. I'll come back for Salamence and Snorlax later
>>
>>31139500
Funny thing is, Butterfree was my first encounter in the forest. Too bad my Pokemon got a friendship crit and killed it
>>
>>31139494
Fuck, that's my favorite Poli, too.
>>
i got a few adamant in moon ball. you still looking for one OP?
>>
File: IMG_0309.jpg (27KB, 197x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0309.jpg
27KB, 197x225px
>>31139521
>mfw got a female one for my Nuzlocke
>>
>>31139479
it has a 20% encounter, where are you searching? or is your 'Hours' a complete lie?
>>
>>31140383
>20% on Route 3
>>
File: C1BwxddWgAAK-9A.jpg (216KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C1BwxddWgAAK-9A.jpg
216KB, 900x1200px
FUCKING FINALLY

>>31140225
Thanks anon, but I'd literally have nothing to offer. I appreciate it though
>>
>>31139494
I found a shiny Poliwag chaining all night and day for Politoed... just traded the shiny for Politoed on the GTS
>>
>>31139479
I fucked up with Ditto last night. I forgot it only gets 5 PP per move when it transforms, and it KOed itself after using struggle.
Other than that I've been S.O.S.-ing Hariyama for EXP. which is a coin toss on whether or not it'll call AND bring another one out.
>>
>>31139479
Just wondertrade, faggot.
I've got like five that way. In Beast Balls or Dive Balls, to boot.
>>
File: 1482620910828-tv.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1482620910828-tv.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
Fucking HA geodude
>it knows self destruct at the earliest you can encounter it
>have to go chain to get a damp paras first
>have to switch to a trace mon after I spore it so I can see the ability
>1 turn wake-up and self-destruct on the switch into my trace mon
>>
File: bulbapedo.png (44KB, 220x124px) Image search: [Google]
bulbapedo.png
44KB, 220x124px
Sharpedo desu. This shit right here. Where do you even begin to list the frsutrations...
>Only spawns in one area
>10% chance to spawn in bubbles, 1% otherwise
>Only other pokemon there are magicarp and wailmer
>at 1 hp with adrenaline orb it only calls for help on average once every 8 turns and it fails most of those calls.
>I had my 4th Sharpedo STRUGGLE itself to death because it FAILED every call it made
>That was a 2 hr long battle WTF
>Sharks come in ranging from lvls 10-40.
>Low level sharks are the best to chain, 80 turns of PP with pretty simple movepool
>Shit hits the fan once the lvl 20 ones start showing up
>Those fuckers know Swagger and they damn sure want you to know it
>If 2 Sharpedos are out they SWAGGER EACH OTHER
>THEY FUCKING SWAGGER EACH OTHER
>That would be cool as hell if not for the fact that you have to waste a turn to see if any of the sharks have Speed Boost
>So you have to choose between immediately killing off your 80PP low level sweet baby girl sharpedo to have this slutshark swagger in your face for the next half hour.
>THAT isn't even the worse
>starting at lvl 30 somewhere they learn Poison Fang which is a 50% chance to toxic you on hit wtf

Now you can do literally everything right, take every precaution, assemble the perfect shark hunting team, dump tens of thousands of dollars worth of medicine and poke berries down the drain and you can still fail because
>one of these fuckers just doesn't get an S.O.S response ever and struggles itself to death.
>They beat themselves to death in confusion
Fuck Speed Boost. Bank out tomorrow? 2 Days? I'll get speed boost there. I'm done hunting these guys. btw if anybody wants a beast ball rough skin carvanha hit me up.
>>
>>31139479

>Put a fillermon up on Wondertrade
>Get a Jolly Dragon Dance Bagon in return
>>
>>31139479
1. Salamence
2. Politoed/Poliwrath
3. Kommo-o/Hakamo-o
4. Snorlax
5. Lucario
6. Espeon/Umbreon
7. Castform
8. Gabite
9. Mareanie
10. Sudowoodo

SOS battles are a mistake
>>
>>31139479
I get one every 6 or 7 wondertrades, came across it in its home grass patch without even looking for it and then proceeded to chain for a shiny one which I got. Has 4 perfect IVs and a decent nature but it sucks at attack. Well I guess I can't complain can I
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.gif (2MB, 371x500px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.gif
2MB, 371x500px
>>31139479
Bane?
>>
I got a Jolly Bagon with four perfect IVs off Wonder Trade, lucky me.
>>
>>31142094
>>If 2 Sharpedos are out they SWAGGER EACH OTHER
>>THEY FUCKING SWAGGER EACH OTHER
That's pretty metal
>>
>>31142255
>Snorlax
That fucking piece of shit. I wish I put Thief on one of my Pokemon to take away those god damn leftovers
>>
File: 1475383949175.png (69KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1475383949175.png
69KB, 225x225px
>>31142255
RNG on RNG. Almost every single area of the game has the same 2-5 shitmons you encountered since route 3. Wingull, rat/ weasel, pikipek or spearow. The only exceptions are the closed off isolated and linear "dungeons" that function as trail sites or diglett infested caves. Whatever combination of these that GF chose to inhabit this area will have a combined encounter rate of 60%. Every single surfing and fishing area has magicarp at over 50% encounter rate and sometimes wailmer/ finneon will be there as well for over 80% combined encounter rate.
Also
>Nothing seems to be biting

The distribution of wild pokemon in this game is absolutely bonkers dudestar. It's always 2-3 shitmons with a combined encounter rate of over 60%. I adamantly avoided spoilers for the game for close to a year. I walked into the game near blind wondering what new pokemon I'd see in each new area. I didn't even use repels during the story. My face when when it was the same shit over and over again.
>>
>Got a Jigglypuff after at least half an hour bc I critted and burned the first one
>It has a Moon Stone
Is this the game saying sorry for Bagon?
>>
>>31139500
I found a shiny one on my second try, caught it in a friend ball
>>
File: 1483177730414.jpg (131KB, 542x614px) Image search: [Google]
1483177730414.jpg
131KB, 542x614px
>>31142094

>mfw I just got a shiny perfect Sharpedo to breed off of Wonder Trade with zero effort required
>>
>>31142430
Salamence and the Polis are the most horrible ones to capture

Salamence due to its rarity (1% WTF) and the Polis require you using a Drizzle+Rain Dance+Damp Rock shitter to even make them show up

Personally I had more success in finding Politoed than Poliwrath, I only spent an hour for Politoed (encountered 4, 3 of them are female and I only catch dudes) while it took me 3 hours to get one Poliwrath. In those times I never even encountered a Castform
>>
>>31142094
>THEY FUCKING SWAGGER EACH OTHER
So does Sandile. It's fucking annoying if you're going for a Gabite.

>>31142255
What about Goomy/Sliggoo? Aren't those also very rare and Weather SOS only?
>>
>>31142500
>It's always 2-3 shitmons with a combined encounter rate of over 60%.

One day Gamefreak will drop this retardedness and make you find the rare pokemon at a higher more difficult to handle level, instead of letting you scream at the fucking RNG.
>>
>>31139479
Bane?
>>
>>31141785
Worst part is the only Damp mons are Psyduck and Poliwag lines, both of which are weak to Thunderpunch, which they will conveniently spam at you when you send it out. They will Selfdestruct turn 1 otherwise.

Well there is also Damp Parasect, but that requires chaining through that nightmare. Only Bank can save us now (import Damp Quagsires).
>>
>>31143035
Luckily I did finally get my HA ultra ball a-geodude. It just took forever and was nerve wracking.
>>
>>31142828
Goomy is as easy as Happiny

Sliggoo only shows up in Eggy Island and is common as fuck
>>
>>31141148
>had a Chikorita but not a Bagon

Are you autistic or something? What the fuck is your problem
>>
>>31142094
>put Johto starter on GTS
>get any pokemon you want within 5 mins
>>
>>31139479
I was autistic enough to chain bagons and then catch one in a lure ball

Caught the third one, thankfully it was naive nature
>>
>>31143143
What do you mean? I got Chikorita the other day from Island Scan. I was working on Bonsly/Sudowoodo/Munchlax then, too. Then I started on Bagon. I don't see the problem here.
>>
>>31143035
I traded for mine by offering a HA dratini.

Which was a pain to catch, but not as awful as geodude
>>
>>31142255
>Finally find an Eevee
>Kill it with a crit
I've never been so angry
>>
>>31144103
How the fuck is one an hour even possible
>>
>>31142918
That'll never happen
>>
>>31141785
Man, if only Paras got Worry Seed via level-up or breeding. At least you'll be able to transfer one over with the move once Bank comes out.
>>31142255
In my experience:
>took a ~160 chain of Bagon before it appeared
>lost count on both chains
>chain of 1 for Hakamo-o, chain of ~5 for Kommo-o
>never bothered
>never bothered
>never bothered
>kept showing up when I was trying for a HA Vulpix
>showed up in ~5 encounters, ~20 for HA
>never bothered because Wonder Trade, may have to at some point for Regenerator
>showed up on the first call when all I wanted was a Bonsly
Other than Castform, Gabite, and Mareanie though you don't actually need to chain for these since you can just evolve them up normally. Making evolved forms super-rare encounters wasn't a terrible move IMO. Mareanie's SOS method is still cancer. And you forgot Sableye.
>>31142756
If it's raining in Malie Gardens when you start the battle, the rain will stick around forever. No need to re-set it.
>>
Kala'e Bay you moron.

The only reason you'd look for a Route 3 Bagon is for a Salamence chain.
>>
>>31141785
You moron, Trace is inefficient as fuck.

Pangoro learns Entrainment, much easier to control.

Add Safety Goggles and Paras chains are ez.
>>
>>31139479
Do kala'e bay instead of route 3.
>>
>>31142255
I thoroughly enjoy them as a universal "get neat things" method. Just has a few kinks to iron out.
>>
>>31139479
lel just wait for pokebank XD
>>
>>31142500
>Nothing seems to be biting
>He doesn't know about sticky hold or suction cups

Hey kid, trade me your 10% zygardes, and UBs for 5% fishing catches. Everybody's doing it, it's totally worth it. You have multiple.
I'M MAKING A KILLING KEEP IT UP YOU'RE LAZINESS AND IGNORANCE IS MAKING ME RICH I HAVE LIKE 8 COMPLETE ZYGARDE
>>
>>31142756
>Polis require you using a Drizzle+Rain Dance+Damp Rock shitter to even make them show up
>not just coming during over world rain

Works for sliggoo too.
>>
>>31143035
They don't have spore in lush forest's first area. Much easier. Or, ya know. Grass types.
>>
File: SALAMENCE 2.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
SALAMENCE 2.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>31139479

Jealous?
>>
>>31141785
>People think it's HARD to chain for Damp Paras

God, you pussies. I'd gladly trade you one of my breedjects if I weren't so lazy and actively expressing my disdain for you filthy casuals.

>Chain for Damp Paras
>Obviously for False Swipe/Spore
>The one I caught was Adamant

Good shit.
>>
>>31146821
>Hyper Ball
>Not Ultra-Beast Ball

It's like you don't even care.
>>
>>31146886
Then what was your method?
>>
>>31142756
>only catch dudes

for what purpose anon? does politoed have any good egg moves it can pass to childs?
>>
>>31146930
Women can pass egg moves too
>>
>>31146918
>Paras chaining:
>Fearow with False Swipe
>Sylveon with Skill Swap
>Lots of potions, antidotes

What's you're excuse?
>>
>>31139500
>Salamence has 110 Sp. Atk

I don't see the problem
>>
Whenever I hear Bagon all I can think of is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzM7xKi2LJs
>>
>>31146946
Pangoro has false swipe, entrainment, and scrappy. Why two mon instead of one nearly universal sos mon?
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.