[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did they announce ORAS? I'm bored of Sun. Endgame

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: Sinnoh_3DS.png (2MB, 1992x888px) Image search: [Google]
Sinnoh_3DS.png
2MB, 1992x888px
When did they announce ORAS?

I'm bored of Sun. Endgame is boring and starting a new file on Moon was torture so I stopped after a hour or so.

We WILL have a new game in 2017, right?
>>
ORAS was announced in the May after XY. Stars is the big rumored game for next year.
>>
>>31139452
do you people not understand stars is a codename
>>
>>31139452
Just like Pokemon Rainbow :^)
>>
Fake boxart always looks like shit
>>
they announced oras in april or may iirc
>>
>>31139484

>Box art made by autists in their spare time looks worse then shit made by professional artists.

No shit.
>>
>>31139462
What the fuck else should we call it in the meantime then, dipshit? It's the only name we have so far.
>>
>>31139437
>When did they announce ORAS?
About 7 months after XY release IIRC
>We WILL have a new game in 2017, right?
I fully believe the Eurogamer leak myself, so yes, Stars in 2017. The only question is will it be revealed at the Switch event or will they announce it later this/next (kek) year.
>>
>>31139589
>missing the point
Stars could easily just be the codename for DP remakes, dipshit.
>>
>>31139589
Because people are always talking about Stars as if it's related to SM.

A codename like Stars fits DP just as well as SM.
>>
File: remarkable.png (39KB, 240x135px) Image search: [Google]
remarkable.png
39KB, 240x135px
>>31139691
>>31139699
>Genuinely thinking that Stars is more likely to be connected to Diamond and Pearl than Sun and Moon
I don't know if this is autism or denial, but either way it's remarkable.
>>
>>31139849
Reminder that people like you thought that Rainbow would be RBY remakes.
>>
File: BKajm70.png (27KB, 737x404px) Image search: [Google]
BKajm70.png
27KB, 737x404px
>Pokemon stars will be a reimagining of the Pokestar studios from BW and will consist solely of making "cool movie scenes" to impress your friends.
>>
>>31139952
Your "/vp/ is one person" meme is weak. If we're going down that road, how about discussing how denialshitters like you got blown away at every turn?

There's absolutely nothing else Stars could be. It's the most basic of common sense.
>>
>>31140023
Discussing this is giving me Z flashbacks so I'd rather stop.
>>
>>31139437
Play other video games in the meantime. Not that hard.
>>
Stars is related to SM. It will feature gyms and it will come out on the Switch around November, unless Zelda is delayed.
Or at least this is what our /vp/ informer said.
>>
>>31140354
I think our /vp/ informer isn't a reliable source but I could be wrong.
>>
>>31140382
I trust him
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/30569787/#30573926
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/27701800/#27702506
>>
>>31140000
>quads
REEEEEEEE
>>
>>31140568
>That one anon who immediately said "Fake"
Man, he got btfo
>>
File: 1426824367051.png (631KB, 681x681px) Image search: [Google]
1426824367051.png
631KB, 681x681px
>celestial
>not spatial
LEARN WHICH FUCKING SPACE PALKIA'S DOMAIN REFERS TO IT DOESN'T MEAN OUTER SPACE REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Anyone else buying a Switch day one?
I'm not sure how my funds will be for the rest of the year so I wanna make sure I at least gave the new console for new Pokemon.
>>
>>31140746
I'm no one to say how you should expend your savings, but here's an advice.

NEVER BUY AN ELECTRONIC PRODUCT DAY ONE. They're prone to factory failures and other issues and they are overpriced.

Just wait a little (6 months is fine)
>>
>>31140721
Actually... everything is related to time and space.

Pokemon DickPearl and CuntDiamond would still be accurate.
>>
>>31141020
Celestial refers SPECIFICALLY to the heavens, while Palkia is in charge of dimensional space. Celestial is unequivocally the wrong word there.
>>
>>31140049
I always thought Z got canned because of the terrorist attacks in France. It'd be bad taste to reveal a game involving PokeTerrorists in France.

That's the story I'm going with.
>>
>>31139478
Pokémon Rainbow, aka "Niji" is the codename for Sun and Moon, idiot.
>>
>>31140721
>Spatial and Temporal
These names are fucking awful because we know the fact that Dialga and Palkia are related to Time and Space. It's a horrible adjective for the game title.

Heart (of) Gold, Soul (like) Silver
Alpha and Omega, the beginning and End. All life started from the Primordial Sea and all life shall perish in the desolate land.

Don't use literal descriptors for the box legendary Pokemon for your goddamn fake title. But Celestial is fucking awful
>>
>>31141175
Yeah, you have to use a roundabout descriptor for the figure on the box, like with FireRed and LeafGreen.

Oh wait, you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>31140746
holy shit don't ever buy a console day one

these consoles always drop in price $100 after a year and if you wait 2-3 years that's another $100 off on top of it. I know some people are big "gamers" but it's the greatest thing to buy a console a few years into it/towards the end of its lifespan and get it at a discount, the games you want are all Player's Choice/etc. discounted, and you don't have dead periods where the console has nothing else coming out so you figure fuck it and buy another Mario Kart even though it's been the same game since god knows how long ago (the masterful Mario Kart Double Dash the exception that proves the rule)

Pokémon is a bit trickier because they do stop making the games somewhat quickly, and they never get too discounted. If you're cautious you buy the game, but still wait to buy the console.

Even then wait for Pokemon anyways because there'll be some combo promotional where you buy a Switch and get Pokemon for free. Maybe your Switch will have a Pokeball on it but don't worry if you have it in public you're pushing 30 and still playing with a Game Boy the ladies aren't interested either way.
>>
>>31139437
so you can drop it after you rush through it and bitch about it? Fuck off dumbass
>>
>>31141208
In the end it'll be "AdamantDiamond" and "LustrousPearl" anyway.
>>
>>31141293
>so you can drop it after you rush through it and bitch about it? Fuck off dumbass

What even warranted this? Saying that I was bored with SM?
>>
>>31139437
Probably not. Gamefreak seems a bit hesitant about the Switch and I'm not so sure they're going to revert to the 1 game a year thing again. ORAS was created because of Iwata anyway I think, which is why it was rushed out so quickly.

Give it a year or so and go replay some of the older games.
>>
>>31141208
No, you're just a fucking idiot who doesn't get naming conventions. Temporal Diamond/Spatial Pearl sounds as fucking retarded as Land Ruby/Ocean Sapphire. FR/LG worked because that isn't what either Charizard or Venusaur literally were Pokemon of. A stupid name would be Lizard Red/Flower Green because that's what they are.

>>31141416 is a way more likely name because both reflect the legendaries and the gem stone.
>>
>>31140568
Is he really the same person though?
>>
>>31141522
>FR/LG worked because that isn't what either Charizard or Venusaur literally were Pokemon of
But they literally fucking are, you retard. They use fire and leaves like the shitty 4th gen dragons use time and space. Two fucking games do not a naming convention make. It's too small a sample pool to decide OH WELL OBVIOUSLY THE GAMES WILL BE NAMED THIS AND NOT THAT. HeartGold and SoulSilver had the roundabout names because Ho-oh and Lugia don't really HAVE a domain, while ORAS is an absolutely idiotic name by any definition, as Alpha and Omega have to do with divinity, creation, and destruction; not land and sea. Hell, AlphaDiamond and OmegaPearl would work better.

So we have one remake with a descriptive name, one with a more clever name based on idioms, and one that they pulled out of a fucking hat. I'd say you don't have any good sample to decide what will and won't be a name here, faggot.
>>
File: pokemon_unseen_forces_themes.jpg (81KB, 482x406px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_unseen_forces_themes.jpg
81KB, 482x406px
>>31141624
>Ho-oh and Lugia don't really HAVE a domain

I thought they were clear "sky and ocean" thing. Even the TCG got it (before HGSS was released, even) with their Gold Sky Silver Ocean expansion.
>>
>>31141731
Rayquaza and Kyogre, respectively, took those off their hands the very next generation. They're not really in charge of any particular thing, just powerful beasts of legend in Johto. I kinda like that about them.
>>
>>31141441
Let's see, the game came out towards the end of last month and it's not even January yet. On top of that there's plenty to do after you beat the elite 4 for the first time so yes you're just being a little brat and you're going to do the same thing whatever the next game may be. Don't pretend it'll be any different, you're going to complain again and again so fuck off
>>
File: infernape2.gif (878KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
infernape2.gif
878KB, 500x281px
i really need those remakes but im willing to wait a few years for them, all i want is the battle frontier

yesterday i checked my vs. recorder from platinum

as a kid using an ingame team i managed to defeat Dahlia, Caitlin, and Argenta, which is not bad i guess, but it triggered a memory of me losing to Palmer

i just want a second chance, i wish you could send pokemon back using pokebank, nowdays with hypertraining my same team would beat the shit out of Palmer
>>
>>31141757
Rayquaza doesn't really hold dominion over the sky, it just sort of appears and tells its siblings to fuck off every now and then. And then ORAS turned it into a protector of the planet or something.
>>
>>31142116
It definitely fits that role more than Ho-oh does, particularly with its Abilities. It just keeps the atmosphere safe, which intense sun, endless rain, and fuck-off huge meteors all interfere with.
>>
>>31142116
>And then ORAS turned it into a protector of the planet or something.
It's always been this.
>PMD1
>Destiny Deoxys
>>
Mega fug lives in the athmosphere and protect us from space shit

ho-oh has domain over the sky and 3 legendary doggos

lugia has domain over the ocean and will fro some reason he is the master of the legendary birds
>>
>>31142344
Lugia being the master of the Kanto birbs is trashnime shit. It and Ho-oh are just tough, unique Pokemon with legends behind them. Ho-oh doesn't even command the doggos; it just created them. Hell, if anything, you can say Ho-oh has command over rebirth.
>>
I don't believe in the "domain" thing, besides the gen 4 legendaries (which includes the forgotten lake trio).

Kyogre and Groudon don't really control anything, their behavior in ORAS showed that they can't even control their own power.

It's like saying that I am the shit legendary because I have diarrhea.

>>31142394
>Lugia being the master of the Kanto birbs is trashnime shit
PMD also went with it.
>>
>>31141902
>Plenty to do

haaha
you can do the UB sidequest and get a cosmog in a few hours if you are slow, finishing the dex is the easiest and quickest its ever been, the only post-game content apart from that is battle tree and theres always a battle facility in pokemon games. maybe you can go collect the zygarde cores but there isn't much for postgame this time around
>>
>>31139437
If they go ORAS style and forego all of Platinum's improvements I will be so fucking mad
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.