[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Best design out of any male MC >Legendary hero >Has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 14

File: image.png (429KB, 592x1221px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
429KB, 592x1221px
>Best design out of any male MC
>Legendary hero
>Has Reshiram/Zekrom under his control
>Has his own personal harem
>Considered one of the strongest, if not the strongest, pokemon trainers according to his cut PWT intro
>Beat Cynthia
>Beat one of the stronger post game E4 in the series

Is he /ourguy/?
>>
File: 1459977064245.png (48KB, 382x350px) Image search: [Google]
1459977064245.png
48KB, 382x350px
>>31138854
I don't know how a rock can be our guy.
>>
>>31138854
He is no where near the strongest. Not when there are other protags with much stronger teams.
>>
>>31138886
FUCKING DELET THIS RIGHT NOW
>>
File: 7ruiT9K.png (237KB, 375x562px) Image search: [Google]
7ruiT9K.png
237KB, 375x562px
>>31138854
>>Has his own personal harem
Bianca and maybe N? Not that big of a harem.

>>Beat Cynthia
>>Beat one of the stronger post game E4 in the series
Postgame shit.

But yeah, he is the best protagonist regardless of those.
>>
>>31138896
The only one you could really make a case for is Brendan on account of having mega fug and Nate for being supposed to defeat him in PWT.
>>
>>31138934
Post game isn't always non-canon. Stop this meme already.
>>
File: HilbertChallenge.png (2KB, 128x64px) Image search: [Google]
HilbertChallenge.png
2KB, 128x64px
>>31138854

This was a guy who was ready to throw at the drop of a hat.
>>
>>31138854
>Harem
What? literally he only meets two girls and one is just a battle train cameo.
>>
>>31138854
He should at the very least be on Red level so yes, he's probably canonically the strongest MC.
>>
>muh canon
>>
>>31138971
>Bianca
>N
>Everyone on the ferris wheel
>Cheren
>Juniper
>>
>>31138945
Calem and Sun also have much stronger legendaries than Reshiram/Zekrom. Xerneas/Yveltal/Solgaleo/Lunala could probably completely sweep Hilbert's team on their own.
>>
File: img000019.png (1MB, 1800x1300px) Image search: [Google]
img000019.png
1MB, 1800x1300px
>>31139002
Which canon?
>game canon
I honestly ignore it cuz it can get complicate
>manga canon
He is a fucking rock
>Ashnime canon
He doesn't exist
>>
>>31139025
Based off of what? What says that the gen 6 and 7 legends are THAT much stronger than the duality duo?
>>
File: 1475902073000.png (460KB, 400x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1475902073000.png
460KB, 400x1200px
>>31138964
I will stop this meme when we get any proof or confirmation that protagonists are involved in any events that occur after credits. So far, we have none.
We do have some a few things pointing it to them not being involved. Such as no one consider Hilbert a Champion, everyone treating Red as the ultimate trainer, and a few other things.

Anyway, this is a Hilbert thread, not a canon one. Let's not go on about that here, okay?
>>
>>31138945
>Nate for being supposed to defeat him
Fight him != beat him.
>>
>>31139048
But there is proof. The Rocket grunt with a weird accent from the post game only leaves to Unova because of what Ethan did during his Kanto journey. Plus, Blue congratulates him after he beats Red, meaning that a post game event did in fact happen and was acknowledged by a character.

And Hilbert wasn't called the champion because he left to find N for 2 years. Sorry, but ignoring a large portion of the game with isolated stories and calling them "non-canon" because they aren't explicitly referenced (even if they don't contradict future events) leaves too bad a taste in my mouth for me NOT to argue it.
>>
>>31138886
Because rocks rock
>>
>>31139045
Yeah Solgaleo and Lunala are a stretch, especially since we don't know much about them. However Xerneas and Yveltal are stated through the lore to be region level at the very least, as in, they can literally devastate an entire region in one blast (AZ's ultimate weapon). Zekrom and Reshiram wouldn't be able to do such a thing, as even Ghetsis would have had to manually freeze the Unova with Black/White Kyurem
>>
File: 1474981152144.jpg (134KB, 1349x960px) Image search: [Google]
1474981152144.jpg
134KB, 1349x960px
>>31139126
>because of what Ethan did
Never mentions anything the protagonist did. He just mentions who he is, and where he's from. Again, nothing indicates the protagonists involvement.

>Blue congratulates him after he beats Red
In the same game.
You can catch Groudon, and get dialogue for that if it is in the same game. Doesn't mean Ethan catches Groudon. You can even get Lati@s and get dialogue for that in HGSS. You can even get dialogue for Arceus. Again, canonically, it shouldn't even be possible.

>ignoring a large portion of the game
It's not the game, though. The game ends with the credits. Afterwards, it's just a bunch of optional stuff. Things a lot of people don't even bother with, and they don't need to. That's the nature of optional content. That's why it's never been acknowledged, because these are things players didn't necessarily did.
>>
He also won HG last night by killing Red
>>
File: 1479148579376.png (504KB, 1010x1010px) Image search: [Google]
1479148579376.png
504KB, 1010x1010px
>>31138854
>gets dominated by his gf
Definitely
>>
>>31138886
We're talking about games here.
>>
>>31139253
Now you're just stretching things. He doesn't NEED to mention his specifically, because he's only there BECAUSE of him. That's like saying, "Brendan never caught Rayquaza because it happens after the credits roll and they never bring it up in SM, lol".

But those two specific examples you gave contradict canon. The example I gave did not. The two you gave were pure fan service given to people who wanted past legendaries and the one I gave was a major event that would be ridiculous to make non-canon for essentially no reason other than "it happens after the credits".

This last one is just a bad argument. It's in the game so it's part of the game.
>>
>>31139312
DELET THIS
HILBERT IS THE DOM
>>
He reminds me of that yugioh protagonist,sorry
>>
>>31139352
Who?
>>
>>31139359
I forgot his name but, Yu-Gi-Oh GX protag? Tell me he doesn't look like Hilbert.
>>
File: 1483152274265.png (115KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
1483152274265.png
115KB, 640x512px
>>31139351
You're so cute when you act tough
>>
File: Jaden.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Jaden.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>31139374
he doesn't
>>
>>31139333
>He doesn't NEED to mention
So that means there's no proof. You're just saying it should be this way, without any proof.

>he's only there BECAUSE of him
The event can play out even without the protagonist. Just like every postgame event.

>"Brendan never caught Rayquaza because it happens after the credits roll and they never bring it up in SM, lol"
But that's not optional. You're required to do this. It's part of the story that you MUST complete to unlock the optional content. There's a difference here.

>The example I gave did not.
Because they're never even brought up. They're treated as if they NEVER HAPPENED. In the 20 years, you would think they'd reference the protagonists' involvement in the postgame at least ONCE.
Just as writing this, I realized they did reference it once, because you could not find Mewtwo in GSC, implying Red caught it. But it was retconned in HGSS, so it really doesn't matter now.

>The two you gave were pure fan service given to people who wanted past legendaries and the one I gave was a major event
How do you distinguish between the two? What are the criteria? I'd say finding a Legendary is a pretty major event.

>This last one is just a bad argument. It's in the game so it's part of the game.
You can catch Kyurem in BW and fuck up everything that happens in BW2. That's also something in the game, but optional. Why is that event non-canon, but every other is canon?

The only argument you're presenting here is "It MUST be canon", without any proof or reasoning behind it other than it being a "Major event".
>>
File: Andy.jpg (169KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Andy.jpg
169KB, 480x640px
>>31139048
I'm gonna blow my load inside Hilbert!
>>
>>31139520
What? Did you not read my argument? If it does not contradict what happened in other games or future games, then it's most likely canon. The only argument I'm seeing from YOU is "it COULD have happened some other way", but you can say that for literally every event in the game. Why consider the HGSS post game events less valid than the main story events just because they happen after the credits roll? That makes zero sense.
>>
File: 1476147797123.png (3MB, 1500x1466px) Image search: [Google]
1476147797123.png
3MB, 1500x1466px
>>31139528
B-but that's ECCHI!
>>
The "bye bye a go go" grunt is in Black and White kinda proving GS postgame canon

Also in BW2 a Magma Grunt and Aqua grunt are together prior to ORAS's battle resort encounter

Which is also pretty cool when you realize the aqua grunt has darker skin before ORAS came out
>>
>>31139642
>Also in BW2 a Magma Grunt and Aqua grunt are together prior to ORAS's battle resort encounter
What do you mean? Source?
>>
>>31139666
Icirrus city, check bulbapedia or whatever

https://youtube.com/watch?v=uKtqe9FPhgo

First YouTube video when I pulled it up
>>
File: check em.jpg (136KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
check em.jpg
136KB, 450x600px
>>31139666
satanic check
>>
>>31139582
>If it does not contradict what happened in other games or future games, then it's most likely canon
So only things that make sense to you personally are the things that are canon?

In BW, where Hilbert's action can contradict BW2, you're considering the former retconned and non-canon.
But in the same vein, when Brendan's actions contradict what happens in HGSS, you're considering the former canon, and later non-canon.
Basically, the one you favor is the one that is canon.

>"it COULD have happened some other way"
Or the fact that there is a lot of postgame content that contradicts the events that happen later in the series, so not considering it canon is the best way to go about it, rather than cherrypicking only the events you like to be canon.

>Why consider the HGSS post game events less valid than the main story events just because they happen after the credits roll?
Because a lot of events you have access to after credits contradict things that happen alter in the series, and the fact they've never recognized. That's good enough reasoning, if you ask me. A lot better than believing them to be canon just because you want some events to have happened. You've still not given me a better reason to believe.
>>
>>31139431
I hope this doesn't mean that Black will have the yu-gi-oh 's MC curse.
>>
>>31139747
GTS is non-canon because Gold is basically trading with alternate versions of himself. Does that mean the entire main game is non-canon? A couple from the ORAS post game is shown during BW2. Does that mean Gold getting Arceus from a random pokemart lady is canon? Everything that fits into the story should be considered canon. Everything that doesn't is non-canon.
>>
>>31139266
???
>>
>>31139266
>tfw I put in Red

Fuck.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.