[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT we appreciate ORAS >tolerable framerate for double battles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10

File: tumblr_ohqopqo0AF1vxkyzno1_500.jpg (25KB, 343x288px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohqopqo0AF1vxkyzno1_500.jpg
25KB, 343x288px
ITT we appreciate ORAS

>tolerable framerate for double battles
>dexnav was perfection
>had BASED secret bases (I get that this was supposed to be the customization over changing the trainer's looks but let's be real here the clothes in SM suck)
>you could fly to any route
>you got the nat dex and more pokemon options immediately after completing the groudon/kyogre quest
>overall better characterization (for example the game made you actually care about professor cozmo of all people)
>games still felt rushed but that's nothing compared to SM
>trainer rematches
>O powers
>may twerking when idle

possible unpopular opinions
>better overall region
>archie and maxie actually felt like good villains compared to "XD she was being influenced by nihilego's neurotoxins the whole time11!!!!"
>steven stone > lillie

feel free to add
>>
it was better than emerald

>muh battle frontier
>>
>>31138618
>>you got the nat dex and more pokemon options immediately after completing the groudon/kyogre quest
You get this in SM after getting the starter, you know.
>>
File: 1482654800703.jpg (68KB, 616x477px) Image search: [Google]
1482654800703.jpg
68KB, 616x477px
>>31138618
>>archie and maxie actually felt like good villains compared to "XD she was being influenced by nihilego's neurotoxins the whole time11!!!!"
>tfw you will never be influenced by nihilego's neurotoxins
why live
>>
>>31138618
DexNav and PSS were great. Everything else is mediocre at best
>>
>>31138670
I want to be influenced by Nihilego's other things, if you get what I mean.
>>
>>31138618
Holy shit, do you actually think that the villains with the most retarded plan in the series are actually good?
>>
>>31138702
>I want to fuck off to another world
>oh no my mom wants to fuck off to another world
>you're forced into this mess
>>
>>31138702
I didn't mention Lysandre
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 400x216px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 400x216px
>>31138645
GOOFBALL. YOU GOD DAMN GOOFBALL.

Emerald did more than add a shitty battle area, it improved the levels of Gyms, Rivals and Bosses to give players more challenging battles (fuck May's Torkoal though, where the fuck did she get that?), it expanded on the Dex to make it even more inclusive of other regions, giving players more Pokemon to catch and use, it gave the story a better narrative by having Magma and Aqua fighting to awaken their legendary and most of all it improved on the horrible art design of Ruby and Saphire TREMENDOUSLY. (i.e Meteor Falls, holy shit Meteor Falls)
And you know how much of that was transitioned over to ORAS, ALMOST FUCKING NONE OF IT.

For the love of all that is fraggable don't you EVER farking bait me again.
>>
>tfw you will never sit on a bench again
>>
>>31138618
RS/Hoenn just are fantastic, and as a straight remake of this, ORAS is an incredible experience. But it could have been so much more, and the worst part being that it could have been it so easily.
>>games still felt rushed but that's nothing compared to SM
I've never read anything more bullshit than this
>>
>>31138618
>tfw national dex might be kill for real
>>
>>31138618
I mean, ORAS is really a mixed bag. It had lots of good features but lots of bad ones too, many which carried from the originals.

+DexNav (egg moves during first playthrough was awesome)
+Soaring
+PSS and O-Powers carried from XY
+Improved Horde training (Sweet Scent works in rain/sandstorm)
+Mauville and Abandoned Ship redesigns are really cool
+Blissey bases for super easy leveling
+Secret Bases greatly improved (more items, can visit bases of passersby)
+Elite Four rematch with all of them using Mega Evolution
+Can fly to any route

-No character customization
-Even with a lot of new Pokemon, the region is still filled with Zigzagoon, Wingull and Tentacool
-Some TMs hidden in Mirage Islands which makes it a pain in the ass to get them
-Water routes are still empty and pointless
-Contests are casualized
-Early game trainers (even Gym Leaders) are nerfed
-Safari Zone is ruined
-Copypaste Battle Maison from XY with Battle Frontier cockteasing just to remind us what we're missing
-New Trick House considerably worse than the original
-Stupid unfunny jokes like the Machoke always carrying a box and Birch running away from something that's not threatening

Hopefully I didn't forget anything, pros or cons.
>>
>>31138742
>Better narrative
>not following Magma as the sole superior team
>implying the climax is in any way better in E than in RS
>Meteor Falls
>not better than ever in ORAS
Improving trainers is correct tho. (i.e Tate and Liza, holy shit Tate and Liza)
>>
File: 1468359723543.jpg (17KB, 349x349px) Image search: [Google]
1468359723543.jpg
17KB, 349x349px
>>31138618
>overall better characterization (for example the game made you actually care about professor cozmo of all people)
>>
>>31138872
>Even with a lot of new Pokemon, the region is still filled with Zigzagoon, Wingull and Tentacool
I want to argue with stuff like this (wingull is still in basically every single SM route) but you bring up a lot of good points. RIP safari zone
>>
I'm replaying ORAS right now for the DexNav. Meme or not, it still deserves a lot of shit for not giving us Battle Frontier, and revisiting what I feel are the weakest games of the series is a bizarre idea, but S/M not having a DexNav helps its cause out a lot.
>>
>>31138948
>I want to argue with stuff like this (wingull is still in basically every single SM route)
and it's still a bad thing
>>
>>31138923
I bet you post Lillie all over these boards.
>>
>>31138897
Meteor falls is aided in the fact that it's a new generation and with 3D fucker they can do all kinds of cool shit, but had they followed Emerald's color scheme for the area it could have quite possibly been one of the most beautiful areas in gen 6.
>>
File: 1483145184831.jpg (7KB, 158x153px) Image search: [Google]
1483145184831.jpg
7KB, 158x153px
>implying Magma and Aqua's Plans make sense as of SM where typical Pelipper and Torkoal can have Drizzle and Drought, and with enough of either you could probably mimic the Primal's Weather
>>
>>31138959
>and revisiting what I feel are the weakest games of the series is a bizarre idea
it wasn't bizarre to all the hoennbabies who demanded this remake
>>
>>31138618

Quit your bullshit. The only superior things from gen 6 were dexnav and PSS, evertyhing else is SHIT.
>>
>>31139006
You're shit.
>>
>>31138872
I personally didn't care much for character customization but as it's really popular it's a valid complaint.

Remake curse. They shouldn't have made those DexNav-only Pokemon DexNav-only Pokemon, though.

Agreed, relying on RNG/SR'ing shouldn't be done for TMs.

Remake curse.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Not really ORAS' fault. Safari Zone got canned after the terrible HGSS variation.

Agreed. ORAS are unlucky they are gen VI when it comes to that, though. One gen earlier and they got PWT or Black Tower/White Treehollow. One gen later and they got Battle Tree, both facilities which are more interesting than Maison despite the cheatier AI and less battle modes.

Is it? I never did ORAS Trick House but it's a huge shame if it's worse.

I didn't really mind them.

And if I may add a pet peeve of mine, no gym leader rematches. I wonder if they never thought of that or if they felt the need to give them all Megas but didn't want to give them Megas that weren't their signature Pokemon.
>>
>>31139088
>Is it? I never did ORAS Trick House but it's a huge shame if it's worse.
Less challenges than in RSE, and in my opinion many of them are worse too. Such a shame because Trick House is one of my favorite features in the original games.
>>
>>31138618
This is complete bait
>>
>>31139224
so is your mom
>>
>>31138618
>may twerking when idle
what?
>>
>>31139036
no u
>>
File: sH02zGd.gif (309KB, 205x300px) Image search: [Google]
sH02zGd.gif
309KB, 205x300px
>>31139268
>>
>>31138618
ORAS > 3D
S&M > 2D
>>
>>31139268
>>31139384
its much more innocent than that. try youtube, she is marely stretching.
>>
>>31139415
fucking obviously namefag
>>
>>31138660
not true, btw
>>
I noticed that the game doesn't go into the Creit Roll anymore after you beat the Elite 4/Defend your Title.

Nice touch to be honest
>>
>archie and maxie actually felt like good villains compared to "XD she was being influenced by nihilego's neurotoxins the whole time11!!!!"

Archie and Maxie are cooler in ORAS but both their plans are still entirely fucking retarded.
>>
>>31138872
>Battle Frontier cockteasing just to remind us what we're missing
Why the fuck did they do this? They should have just pretended they forgot about it and not even mentioned it instead of being all like "we know you all wanted this but you ain't getting it LOL"
>>
>>31140732
Best case scenario, they thought they were making us a favor with this "nice" cameo.
>>
>>31139483
Except it is. Not the nat dex part, i meant.
>>
>Everyone complaining that Archie and Maxie had retarded plans

Yes no shit they're idiots, but the plans being stupid doesn't necessarily make their characters any less interesting or fun.
>>
>>31138618
>ok
>ok
>never got into secret bases (apart from BLISSEY BASES REEEE)
>ok
>ok
>literally who
>kinda subjective but sure
>no gym leader rematches though fuck
>O k
>give me
>ok
>whatever floats your boat
>lillie =/= champion (yet)
>>
I didn't even finish ORAS.

I got the 8th badge and caught Groudon, then just got bored.
>>
>>31138618
>games still felt rushed but that's nothing compared to SM
i can't wait for SM fans to defend this.
>>
File: 35.png (167KB, 321x439px) Image search: [Google]
35.png
167KB, 321x439px
>>31138751
>>31138821
>>
>>31141688
That post is pure cancer. No one likes your format. Fucking shit boy act as a human being able to answer other people.
>>
>>31142009
No need to. I enjoyed SM. I did not enjoy ORAS. That's all that's important to me.
>>
>>31138618
I unironically don't like hoenn. Back in school I essentially quit hoenn for just about the entire gen. Ruby bored me to death when I got it upon release and stopped playing. Shortly before 4th gen released forced myself through emerald including the Battle Frontier however still didn't enjoy it much. I've never been bored to death by a mainline pokemon game since hoenn either, I wish I could pinpoint why I'm not a fan of the region. I'll give omega a little bit of props because It didn't bore me to death but now this will trigger the vast majority of you I actually like Delta Episode, Zinnia, and the multiverse (Which with the UB missions and Anabell's past has literally been confirmed)
>>
>>31138645
It wasn't, and it's not even about the battle frontier, it's not even all about >>31138742

There's only one sole reason why RSE is better than ORAS. And it's something that ORAS wouldn't have accomplished either way. ORAS was doomed to be inferior from the very start.

Transition screens.
>>
>>31142958
This guy knows what's up. Hoenn has NO loading screens at all and it's a beautiful thing.
>>
>>31142759
get outta here this is a hoennbaby safe space
>>
>>31138645
I still play Emerald regularly 11 years later because of the battle frontier.

On the other hand, I haven't picked up OR in about a year because there's fucking nothing to do post-game.

What does that tell you?
>>
>>31145339
That you need to let go of the past
>>
>>31145732
>you must stop doing what's fun to you
I bet you also think that SM are the best games in the series just because they're the newest.
>>
>SM
>Rushed
lmao okay kid. your game sucks shit and is literally inferior in almost every way to the games that were remade.
>>
File: QBoTRm.png (806KB, 1323x319px) Image search: [Google]
QBoTRm.png
806KB, 1323x319px
As someone who's only played the remakes, I still feel like ORAS are better games then HGSS.
>>
>>31145746
Nah, that's still Gen 5.
>>
>>31145750
I can't tell if this post is trashing ORAS or SM
>>
>>31145779
Good taste.
>>
>>31145750
>he fell for the cutscene meme

If only GF put this much effort into making actually good games instead of fooling idiots.
>>
File: da3.png (91KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
da3.png
91KB, 800x600px
>>31145760
>>
>>31146092
Nah. Johto's just really fucking boring, and Kanto isn't much better.

Plus dat level curve
>>
>>31146280
>muh level curve
>>
Why can't people just accept the fact that the majority of the people that hated ORAS hate it because there's no fucking battle frontier? Yeah, ORAS had lots of problems like the fact that it is the easiest and most braindead game in the mainline games (even more braindead than fucking RB), but most of those problems got fixed by romhacks. There's no fucking way to fix the lack of battle frontier though.
Emerald > ORAS Call me a battle frontier baby all you want, but that feature was the thing that I wanted the most out of a gen 3 remake. I see no reason to play ORAS over Emerald if the main feature that most nonfags were expecting is gone. Hell, the graphical improvement isn't even that great, the graphics are shit compared to SM and lacks the style that RSE had
>>
>>31138742
that was because ORAS was a remake of RS, not E, they make it clear in the credits so you donĀ“t have reasons to expect all the improvements made in E damn you gamefreak, and WILL be the same in the uncoming remakes of DP
>>
>>31143664
this, at least for some routes/cities have some sense but no between routes
>>
>>31138618
This. I always felt that ORAS were great games, but just got shat on because of how they ignored Emerald. But after playing the boring, linear, roller coaster that is S/M, I started to appreciate ORAS so much more, especially after playing through it again, and I had a feeling more and more people will. If Game Freak releases D/P remakes and they make it in the same style as S/M, I think even more people would start to apppreciate based ORAS more...(Still salty about their being no Gym Leader rematches though)
>>
File: 1412369815319.jpg (73KB, 612x574px) Image search: [Google]
1412369815319.jpg
73KB, 612x574px
>>31146092
>I know he's right and that HG/SS are overrated but I don't want to admit it because I love Johto so I'm just going to claim he's baiting
>>
>>31147217
>I don't know what opinions are and aything that goes against what I think is going to get meme'd

It's okay to have your own taste anon, shit or not
>>
>>31138645
/thread
>>
>>31138618
Overall, ORAS is a pretty good game
>>31138645
we are going to much far now.
>>
>>31142958
>>31143664
>Transition screens.
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.
>>
>>31138742

> it expanded on the Dex to make it even more inclusive of other regions, giving players more Pokemon to catch and use

Wrong third version http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Platinum_Version
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.