[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mega evolution is powered by the bond between trainer and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

>mega evolution is powered by the bond between trainer and Pokemon
Plz I can just catch a pinsir give it a stone and mega evolve it pronto
>>
Mega stones allow a forced bond thats similar to rape.
>>
>>31130777
mind rape?
>>
>>31130749
Mega evolution was a mistake
>>
>>31130791
Yes.
>>
>>31130749
Inb4 some gamefreak apologists start spouting:

>MUH gameplay story segregation.

When this is just bullshit. Either spare us the 'bond' crap, or preferably actually use one of the several existing mechanics such as level, happiness or then introduced affection, in order to realise this notion of 'bond'. It was pure laziness on gamefreak's part not to tie mega evolution to one of these.
>>
>>31130912
Even when I played XY, I glossed over the lore and thought it was basically foricng the latent power out.
>>
>>31130952
With the SM Mega entries you aren't too wrong
>>
>>31130749
It also doesn't help that a lot of the Mega Evolved pokemon have super edgy pokedex entries that go against this bullshit "bonds" nonsense
>>
File: Klump Sleeping.png (598KB, 591x592px) Image search: [Google]
Klump Sleeping.png
598KB, 591x592px
>>31130912
I thought the consensus was that your player character in the Pokemon games is just so unfathomably loving and caring toward his/her Pokemon that they become inseparable like right away, and the bond only strengthens as you walk around with them in the over-world.

The only way to make a Pokemon hate you is if you deliberately faint it and force feed it that bitter healthy herb crap, and even that takes a while.

It's an unspoken rule but it would explain a lot.
>>
>pronto
>>
You can, but the pokemon will only have any semblance of what it once was if you have said bond.
>>
>>31130749
>induces physical hatm towards Aerodactyl
>turns Salamence into a heartless murder machine that could slice the trainer that bred and raised it apart without batting an eye
Nice "bonds"
>>
>>31130749
Isn't that basically what happens anyway? There is no friendship or amie bullshit required to use the Mega Evos.
>>
Sure you can mega evolve them right away, but without that bond it will severely fuck them up in the head.

Both the ashime and the Sun and Moon entries confirm it. Mechanically speaking, nothing changes, but it adds a bit of lore to the whole thing.

>"Hey, do you have a close bond with that Kangaskhan you're about to mega evolve?"

"Lol nope just caught them."

>"Oh okay, well nobody's stopping you. Enjoy destroying that innocent family's relationship with each other!"

"Wait wha-" (MEGA EVOLUTION)
>>
>>31135556
I'm sure the Pokemon center fixes mental/emotional trauma as well.
>>
>>31135556
This. All those negative side effects are clearly because the Pokémon and the trainer don't share a strong bond; not because Mega Evolution is a bad thing. Of course, autistic anti-megafags will cover their ears with their hands and claim otherwise.
>>
>>31135849
I don't think Mega Glalie will stop breaking its jaw just because it trusts you. That seems like an unavoidable consequence of the physical transformation.
I don't tremendously care, it's just a power boost to me, but I'd think you need a good argument ready for examples like that. Or Salamence's, which goes out of its way to state that it might try and fuck your shit up, bond or not.
>>
I like how Z-Stones were implemented in that there's one for each type and you just give them to Pokemon. You can never lose them, you can equip them to any compatible Pokemon, they're infinite, you get them and you have them forever etc. Megastones should've been reworked to be a special Z-Stone. You beat Dexio, he gives you a Mega Z Stone (a megastone compatible with all mega-evolutions). You give it to a compatible Pokemon (specifying X or Y forms when available) and you can megaevolve during battle. That's all it needs to be. No grinding for BP, no 'locked behind Pokebank' nonsense. Easy to manage, easy to understand.

Instead you gotta grind the Battle Tower for 'em and then they take up space in your inventory.
>>
>>31131943
Well that's a load of horseshit. I cannot fathom which twit at gamefreak decided to duh 'muh bonds' lore without actually realizing it is fully within their power to integrate it into happiness/affection. Thereby legitimizing this shitty ashnime tripe.
>>
>>31135922
This. Mega forms just revert pokemon back to a primal state which involves often times painful transformations or degradation of the body/mind alternatively.

The only point behind the "bond" is to make trainers feel better about putting their pokemon through such a traumatic experience.
>>
So what's the pokedex going to say about Ash-Greninja
>>
>>31130749
not to mention mega evolving your pokemon often hurts them
>>
>>31130749
That's just the Kalosians being dumb fucking
>Professor Sycamore how does Mega Evolution work?
>Hon Hon zis must be ze bond of humans et Pokemon
>but professor what about all the pain it causes?
>I cannot hear tu over me dipping my baguette into zis bowl of coffee Hon Hon Hon
>>
What would Mega Evolution be like? Is it extremely painful? Does it fuck your mind to the point where you can't even think besides "fucking kill everything"? Does it feel amazing? Do you even remember any of it?
>>
>>31130791
I don't mind rape
>>
>>31137224
nothing because game freak will never patch in a national dex
>>
>only a chosen few are blessed to use mega evolution
>everyone and their mom can do it
>>
File: carlos.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>31137352
>>
>>31137263
>Is it extremely painful?
For you.
As for your question, your first two guesses are typically true, especially the second one.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.