[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is everything so small in this game? There's nothing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

why is everything so small in this game?

There's nothing to explore, you're just following a short path.
>>
>>31120747
>Because, muh details.
However, I'm sure Alola isn't really detailed compared to new gens.
I can clearly remember some cities and areas in Kalos were full of details and were beautiful (I know desert was bad, but still).
>>
>>31120747
[insert Masuda's "smartphone generation" speech]

GF nowadays prefers to make interactive battle animes over actual RPGs.
>>
>>31120993
GameFreak is shit and needs to be dissolved. I'm so happy that Nintendo owns the rights to Pokemon so that other studios can still make these games.
>>
>>31121313
Unfortunately Nintendo only owns a third of Pokemon. Creatures and Game Freak own the other 2/3rds. So you're fucked.
>>
>>31120861
>I can clearly remember some cities and areas in Kalos were full of details and were beautiful
They weren't really, Kalos was very bland and everything felt the same. In terms of what was available from town to town, it doesn't really feel at all more or less detailed than Alola, and it wasn't any less linear either.

But Alola removed the grid, and that alone makes it a decent improvement and greatly improves the outlook for future games.
>>
It kind of reminds me of Metroid Prime 3 or Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. In the sense that areas are divided into chunks (islands, planets, whatever) rather than being one interconnected whole like other games of their respective series. What winds up happening is that each split off area ends up being smaller and more linear as a result.
>>
>>31121836
For some reason I didn't mind it in Order of Ecclesia since it kind of reminded me of Castlevania 2. It didn't really work in SM though. A Hawaiian region had a lot more potential they didn't do much with. The last "dungeon" before the E4 is probably the worst example; it's a hallway with one branching path. That's like some FF13 shit.
>>
>>31121899

Me neither. It also helped that Ecclesia was significantly harder than the other two DS Castlevania games.

I think SM were really good but I need to replay and spend more time to really sum how I feel. Mt Lanakila was way too short though, I'll agree. Most of the caves overall were pretty short and linear.
>>
>>31121924
I feel the same way. SM was good overall but it had problems.
>>
>>31121455
Can you show me some examples?
>>
>>31120747
Your dicks small
>>
>>31121455
>it doesn't really feel at all more or less detailed than Alola,

are you joking? In Kalos you could actually ENTER a good number of the buildings while in Alola there's only 1 or 2 enterable buildings per town in all 8 towns of the game.
>>
>>31122450
Kek
>>
>>31120861
They honestly weren't. In fact, places felt less detailed. Especially towns. They had less towns than every other game and I expected details, but then the towns had less in them too.
>>
>>31122450
OP btfo
>>
>>31121334
Nintendo also owns a portion of GF and all of creatures.
Basically pokemon is their IP and not GFs.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.