[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Worst region >Milked to death I like throwbacks to older

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 8

>Worst region
>Milked to death
I like throwbacks to older games but enough is enough.
>>
Kanto is a flat shithole filled with vicious monsters.
Avoid at all costs.
>>
>>31119727
Nobody except normies who make up most of the fanbase. We're never getting a game that doesn't have Kanto pandering again.
>>
I dont have a problem with Kanto.
Its just that Johto and Sinnoh were nicer regions.
>>
>>31119727
Most fans outside of niche online communities (and even then) like Kanto.
>>
Kanto I think was pretty good? But not as good as Unova but still good
>>
Kanto isn't as hated as you think.
Sure it's pretty bland but it's still better than Hoenn
>>
>>31119993
>but it's still better than Johto.
Ftfy.
>>
>>31120038
no, he meant better than Hoenn
Anything is better than Hoenn.
It's just a giant square, it may be big, but this is due the fact that the routes are giant straight lines.
>>
>>31120069
>anything is better than hoenn
how can someone be so wrong
>>
>>31119857
this
also Unova
>>
>>31120083
and here we go, the nostalgia glasses Hoennbabbie
>>
Currently playing Yellow. Not really enjoying it much. Nothing but the same Pidgey/Rattata spam on every route. Stopped when I got to Lt. Surge's gym. Does it get better?
>>
>>31119699
RBY were important games, which is why they keep making callbacks to it. It's the same reason 8-bit Mario is constantly referenced in every single Mario game since.
>>
>>31119727
Refresh my memory, in what ways were XY Kanto pandering? The only thing i can think of were the megas and I don't think using some of the series' most iconic monsters to show off a new feature is a bad thing.
>>
>>31120121
No. I had a similar experience, I forced myself to continue and got 5 or 6 badges. It never got any better.
>>
>>31120038
I actually think Johto is better than Kanto, the traditional Japanese theme was cool. Kanto was just a generic city.
>>
>>31120205
Megas
Kanto starters after the first gym

There were a few other things, but I haven't touched XY since launch so I don't really remember
>>
>>31119727
no, they were just bad games.
>>
>>31120205
The forest was an exact copy of Viridian forest
>>
>>31120205
The first forest has the exact same layout as Viridian Forest, and the it has the legendary birds and Mewtwo.
>>
>>31120242

Gift Lapras
Santalune Forest being a copy of Viridian Forest right down to the encounters (minus the monkeys and Gen 6 Pokes)
Guaranteed Pidgey encounter as your first wild on Route 2
>>
>>31120121
Your first mistake was playing the gen 1 games.never do that again.

You should've played FR/LG.
>>
>>31120309
FrLg is worse though.

You have better graphics but the same overworld, trainers and pokemon from 20 years ago. You expect a modernized RGBY, but it's just a prettier RGBY.
>>
>>31120263
Ok. I guess I was thinking in terms of things that were actually advertised(Alola forms were in the "commercials"/reveals for Sun/Moon, but I don't remember Mewtwo or the birds being advertised for XY).
>>
>>31120386
>>31120242 These were advertised.
>>
>>31120102
It's babby, newfag
>>
>>31120309
No it's worse because the game doesn't even have all the later gen evolutions till post game. And not even all of them are in the game. It makes you mad more than anything.
>>
>>31120069
>the routes are giant straight lines

You mean like literally every region? Do you want a bunch of zig-zags or something?
>>
>>31119727
>Nobody fucking likes Kanto

I don't think it's possible to be any more wrong than you are right now.
>>
>>31119699
Honestly, it's not that bad. It's a decent region overall with a good level curve and some out-of-the-way places to explore so you've got stuff to do.

The problem is that its Pokemon are shoved in your face way too often to the point where you can get fatigued from it.
>>
I just don't like how the 20th anniversary only focused on Kanto. Like god damn I know it's what started it all but 20 fucking years wasn't just solely made of Kanto and it's achievements. Other gens/regions all took part in it too.
>>
>>31119699
I really don't understand why GF continues to pander so fucking hard to genwunners. They don't give a fuck about Pokemon outside of the first gen and never will. At this point, if you want to go after the nostalgia crowd, wouldn't gen 2/3 pandering make more sense?
>>
>>31119699
>Nostalgia sells
>>
>>31119699
It really only looks bad in hindsight, because it's smaller and less diverse what's standard for today.

It's greatest strength compared to the other regions is definitely its openness, something we should really go back to. Once you get through Rock Tunnel, you can basically go wherever and do whatever you want. As opposed to games nowadays, where there's railroading and obligatory cutscenes everywhere.
>>
>>31119727
RBY was and, considering how its age, is a solid game though. Not the best in the franchise, but Kanto being bad is a meme.
On the other hand, XY are the worst installment in the franchise and I don't think SM is much better.
>>
>>31120917
considering its age*
>>
>>31119699
Kanto is unironcially a great non linear region that encourages exploration
>>
>>31120205
Using a pokeflute to wake up a snorlax sleeping on a bridge also
>>
>>31120305
>>31120242
>>31120205
>>31120262
These, in addition to

>Team Flare having similar targets as Team Rocket (PoekBall manufacturers, cave full of fossils, grave area, power plant - though this last part only happens in the postgame of Gen II)
> Clemont's Gym puzzle is just lifting Blaine's
>Mewtwo appears in a cave in the post-game for some reason, just like in Cerulean Cave
>Charizard and Mewtwo getting 2 Megas, even though it makes little sense for Mewtwo to get any
>A Youngster references the "comfy and easy to wear" meme
>Snorlax blocking your path, requires you to get a PokeFlute to wake it up
>The sixth Gym is a warp tile Gym, and the Gym Leader is a strange young woman with an affinity for the magical/supernatural
>Lysandre's Pyroar is a reference to Giovanni's Persian
>Team Flare uses warp tiles in one of their bases, which is also hidden in a public area
>>
>>31121008
Mewtwo is also in the "Unknown Dungeon" for both

Same title

To be fair for the warp tiles every gen has done that iirc
>>
>>31121008
>Lysandre's Pyroar is a reference to Giovanni's Persian
That might be reaching
>>
>>31120943
This does not get enough credit. Sun/Moon could have been so much better if instead of putting barriers up to force story points, they let you go and do the trials in whichever order you wanted. Most people would still go the intended route, and a few people would Solid Snake their way across the region having fun another way.
>>
File: 1459461094095.png (448KB, 1014x559px) Image search: [Google]
1459461094095.png
448KB, 1014x559px
>>31121086
I'm pretty sure it's on purpose, if only to point out how much worse Team Flare is than Team Rocket.
>>
>>31120842
I'd say it pays off but I can't tell if there's really any direct correlation between pandering and sales given that DP sold a fuckton and had pretty much no pandering.
>>
>>31120943
How is it nonlinear? You still go through the region in a specific way, you just have the option of challenging some of the gyms in a different order. Even then if you do that you end up trivializing most of them anyway.
>>
>>31119727
Listen here you little shit, Kanto is fine. In fact, Kanto is great. It was great in RBY, it was good in GSC, it was disappointing in FRLG but only because of that national dex bullshit and the Sevii Island Disappointment, and then it was good again in HGSS.
Kanto is a great region. It's almost as good as Hoenn, and it goes with Johto like peanut butter and jelly. Sinnoh? Trash comparatively. Unova? Get bent. Kalos? Kalos is so bad they should have just released RBY 2 3D and called it a day.
I fucking love Kanto. I love Mount Moon, I love Fuchsia, I love the Seafoam Islands, I love Viridian Forest, I love the legendaries and I love the starters. If you don't like Kanto get the fuck off the board.
>>
>>31121196
>You still go through the region in a specific way

Tell me anon, who is the fifth gym leader in Kanto?
>>
>>31119699
Kanto is better than Alola.

Sun/Moon are solely better than Red/Blue because of technological advancements made in 20 years. I wouldn't even consider them better than Gold/Silver, though.
>>
>>31121231
>>
>>31119993
>>31120038
Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn are great.Johto can't really stand alone as a region, but that's only because we're so used to going to Kanto afterward finishing the league there. It's a shame, because Mt. Mortar is practically a curiosity and Tohjo Falls is a glorified roadblock - imagine if they were to Johto what Mt. Moon and Victory Road are to Kanto.
Hoenn? It's the tightest shit in Gen 3 - diving, the desert, Mirage Tower, that floating island town, it's fucking great. The volcano - I can go on forever, baby. Sootopolis, Meteor Falls, it's probably the best region design-wise because everything works together incredibly well. I'd love to hack it someday, because it has so much potential to fuck with.
>>
>>31119727
>Can we all agree that XY/SM are the worst games in the franchise
Yes.
>solely on Kanto pandering alone?
No. They did FAR more than that to deserve the spot as the worst Pokemon games ever made.
>>
>>31121231
Kanto sux and I'm not leaving!
>>
>>31120121

There are people on this board right now who didn't play gen 1 when they were 6-10 years old

It's just sad.
>>
>>31121300
Tbqh I usually can't play after Fortree city

However that first half of Hoenn is the tightest shit
>>
>>31121008
Did they EVER mention how Mewtwo even has a mega evolution? Mega stones are stated to be an ancient thing, so why would one exist for a man-made pokemon?
>>
>>31121231
This. Anti-genwunners are fucking cancer.
>>
>>31121008
can you please list the kanto references in SM.
>>
>>31119727
>XY
Yes

>SM
No
>>
>>31121397
>le SM is good because it's not XY meme
>>
>>31121392
Not him, but Kanto references were grounded in the plot and were built around them

It's not like with Kalos where it just happened to be there. So the Kanto pandering wasn't as insulting sense it made sense in world?

I don't know, it just came off as more natural and unforced you know?
>>
>>31121231
I liked Sevii Islands
Because my fav mon line was available (Tyranitar). Also it was a nice postgame
>>
>>31121231
This is epic and inspiring, upvote!
>>
>>31121392
Lillie literally goes to Kanto retard.
>>
>>31121361

maybe like mewtwo, it was also a man made product. some madman could have used an external power source to mimic the power of Xerneas/Yveltal
>>
>>31121300
Johto can't stand alone as a region because Gamefreak won't let it. They've had multiple opportunities to fill it out but haven't.
>>
>>31121426
>a different game does not deserve the same rating as another

Gee two different things aren't both the worst
>>
>>31121397
>it changed up the formula, so it must be good!

SM had so many good ideas and had so much potential; too bad GF is incompetent and executed them horribly.
>>
>>31121333
>there are people on this board right now who weren't even alive during gen 1
>there are people on this board who started Pokemon with gen 6/7
>>
>>31121509
>>31121426
I didn't say it was good. I just said it wasn't the worst

Where are you getting that from my post
>>
>>31121432
>Kanto references were grounded in the plot and were built around them
really? that really excuses even more kanto pandering than XY?
>>
>>31121549
S/M are the worst though

I'd genuinely rather play through X and Y both again than play through Sun/Moon one more time.
>>
>>31121579
Tell me why
>>
File: 1482897243670.jpg (11KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
1482897243670.jpg
11KB, 500x265px
>>31119699
>it's another "haha Kanto is shit guys I'm not like those NORMIES over there" episode
Why the fuck does even the mention of Kanto make /vp/ so damn buttblasted? It's the region where the series began, and lore-wise a pretty big urban center, of course it's going to play some sort of role in the Pokémon world just like Tokyo does in real life, especially in SM whose region is based on a real-life place with massive Japanese influence.

>b-but Kanto is shit
Of course it's shit, it was designed for a shitty '90s video game built to run on shitty '70s hardware that would have been considered a limp-dick toy 10 years before it was even in the prototype stage. Why does /vp/ project such high standards on it?
>>
>>31121619
Because it's boring buying a new game, walking into an early patch of grass, and seeing a Pokemon you've seen for 6 fucking gens.
>>
>>31121619
we don't hate kanto.

we hate the pandering.
>>
File: URGE TO MAIM RISING.png (140KB, 280x261px) Image search: [Google]
URGE TO MAIM RISING.png
140KB, 280x261px
>>31121590
>Easier
>The entire first island is a glorified tutorial, only leaving 3 more islands for the actual game, one of which is Poni Island so it barely counts
>Countless buildings you can't enter, making towns feel pretty lifeless
>Absolute garbage Pokemon variety, something that even X/Y got right
>Trials are even easier than the gyms in X/Y, with each one being little more than one or two super effective hits and the battle's over
>So much missed potential that I could write a 10 page essay on that alone
>Literally less post-game content than X/Y and OR/AS
>Shorter than X/Y
>Region is composed of four small islands that are just small loops around said islands, with the occasional detour consisting of a single route
>extremely little exploration, paths are very straightforward
>Any place you can use surf is extremely rigidly blocked off by rocks, with only one area in the entire game that's more than just a path from point A to point B.
>No diving, despite it being in OR/AS and a Hawaii-based region being the perfect place to dive
>Fishing is ruined
>Countless pokemon have absurdly small encounter rates
>UBs ruin the meta and force you to use them because they technically don't count as legendaries, meaning you can use them anywhere online
>Cutscenes at pretty much every single new screen that are obnoxious and don't really add anything
>Boring, predictable story that leaves several things out
>Team Skull barely does anything and is only really used as a red herring to the obvious "Team Aether is evil" "twist"

I could go on if this isn't enough for you, but I think you get the idea.
>>
>>31119699
>SM and XY has tons of refrences to every single region
Nice throwbacks
>also references to Gen 1
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I relish on tears of hardcore anti-genwunners like you. I hope the next game is a FRLG remake
>>
>>31121744
>easier

Stopped reading there
>>
>>31121778
what is type weaknesses?
what is fast pokemon?
what is old pokemon?
what is exp. share?
>>
>>31121801
>exp share
You mean the one neutered from X and Y with the new exp system
>>
>>31121180

Did DP have the Oak cameo or just Platinum?
>>
>>31121778
Except it is easier. I made it through the entire game with two pokemon, with the occasional third, purposefully underlevelled them, and obviously had the Exp. Share off and never used Z-Moves, and it was still just as easy as, if not easier, than X/Y.

The Elite 4 is much harder than the Elite 4 in X/Y, that much is true. But that's FAR from meaning that the entire game is harder.
>>
>>31121361

Origins is how gen 1 played out in the mega verse. Mr.Fugi likely just made the stones like how he made Zard X.
>>
>>31121744
>Easier
turn expshare off
>Countless buildings you can't enter, making towns feel pretty lifeless
Most cities are also more than 4 houses and historically most houses just have useless NPCs daying irrelevant things
>Absolute garbage Pokemon variety, something that even X/Y got right
Other than Magikarp every bubbling spot it's pretty okay
>Trials are even easier than the gyms in X/Y, with each one being little more than one or two super effective hits and the battle's over
2nd island totems are more challenging than any gym ever
>So much missed potential that I could write a 10 page essay on that alone
non-argument
>Literally less post-game content than X/Y and OR/AS
Wrong
>Shorter than X/Y
Wrong
>Region is composed of four small islands that are just small loops around said islands, with the occasional detour consisting of a single route
And other regions are just bigger loops.
>extremely little exploration, paths are very straightforward
Every game ever had most routes as straight paths
>Any place you can use surf is extremely rigidly blocked off by rocks, with only one area in the entire game that's more than just a path from point A to point B.
Just like any pokémon game ever, except the big sea of nothing in Hoenn
>Fishing is ruined
it's ok
>Countless pokemon have absurdly small encounter rates
Just like in every other game
>UBs ruin the meta and force you to use them because they technically don't count as legendaries, meaning you can use them anywhere online
autism
>Cutscenes at pretty much every single new screen that are obnoxious and don't really add anything
Only on the first hour. They get tame from that point on
>Boring, predictable story that leaves several things out
still better than all other stories
>Team Skull barely does anything and is only really used as a red herring to the obvious "Team Aether is evil" "twist"
Flare wil forever the worst. Also Skulls are fun. Get fucked

Anything I didn't respond, I agree
>>
>>31121829
>I made it through the entire game with two pokemon
You mean like every other game in the series?
>>
>>31121361
They should really have given Mew a mega evolution. That way it can be justified that Mewtwo's cloned DNA had the potential for mega evolution in it, or something.
>>
>>31121816
this. oak only appeared in the gen 2 remakes.

it's not like they made another professor oak, just to pander to the normies and genwunners right?

RİGHT?
>>
>>31121549
SM are among the worst due to how sorely disappoint they are. GF really dropped the ball hard there
>>
>>31121829
Is that not how people speedrun every single fucking game in the entire series?
>>
>>31121870
Then ORAS should be the most disappointing

>>31121867
And platinum, but that was probably teasing HGSS like secret potion and Red Gyrados or Togepi egg or ect.
>>
>>31121867
But that connects to >>31121432

Because he was created to show off Alola forms
>>
>>31121898
yes. in platinum, oak wasn't there just to be there.

unlike samson oak. who did absolutely nothing.
>>
>>31121846
>>Literally less post-game content than X/Y and OR/AS
>Wrong

Yeah, no. Maybe not XY, but ORAS has a lot more postgame than SM. That is an objective fact.
>>
>>31121932

Samson was a joke character from day 1 with the website explaining the joke.
>>
>>31121829
USING LESS POKEMON MAKES THE GAME EASIER HOW DO YOU PEOPLE STILL NOT FUCKING UNDERSTAND THIS
>>
>>31121940
You have more postgame battles in SM though

That is a fact
>>
>>31119699
Johto is worse than Kanto.
>>
>>31121392
There's a professor named Oak who looks JUST LIKE A TANNED PROFESSOR OAK
>>
>>31121947

That was only the case before gen 6.
>>
>>31121919
>>31121432
>pandering is relevant to the plot so that makes it okay
fuck off!. that just makes it worse because it's constantly shoved up in our faces.

at least XY didn't end with serena going to kanto just to fuck with hoennbabies.
>>
>>31121940
The only thing ORAS had post-game speaking over SM was having a bunch of legendaries lazily thrown together on wormholes.

SM has half an island for post-game, while ORAS has no post-game areas other than the Maison (that is completely rehahsed from XY)
The Looker mission takes more time in SM
>>
>>31121829
That might mean something if every game weren't some of the easiest game ever made. Only an absolute retard would ever find the games remotely difficult.
>>
>>31121965
http://www.speedrun.com/run/9mr48n8z

Current #1 speed run for X and Y
>>
>>31121982
When are you going to sperg out about Brunett being disugsting Gen 5 pandering, since she was lifted from a Gen 5 spin-off?

Oh wait, I forgot, it's only pandering if it's about Gen 1, if the games talks about other regions, they are just "references"
>>
>>31121982
>can't into proper grammar and typing
>defending Kalos

Absolute pottery
>>
>>31122016

When were we talking about speed runs?
>>
>>31122020
this. there are people who don't know burnett was from a gen 5 spinoff.
>>
>>31122030
Wouldnt speedruns be people beating the game using the most effective strategies?
>>
>>31121846
>Le turn exp share off meme
Wow, I totally don't hear this from every single person who defends Sun/Moon. I already did turn it off dipshit.
>Most houses just have NPCs saying irrelevant things!
And yet, still most of the houses have NPCs saying irrelevant things. They didn't really change anything.
>Other than Magikarp it's pretty okay
Yeah, I love seeing little beyond Fearow, regional rodents, and regional birds every single route for the entire game.
>2nd Island totems are more challenging than any gym ever
Maybe if you have zero comprehension of how type weaknesses work, sure.
>NO YOURE WRONG IM RIGHT
Explain how.
>Other regions are bigger loops
Exactly my point, this region is a smaller loop than normal.
>Every other game has straight paths
Yeah, but you'd usually find some little hidden thing off to the side every route. As much as I like the removal of HMs, the way they handled them in Sun/Moon was awful because they barely used them.
>Just like any pokemon game ever
You'd expect a mostly sea-based region to have a lot of stuff on the sea.
>Fishing is okay
Looks like someone didn't actually try fishing because if you ask anyone who actually did, you'll find that nobody would agree with you that the fishing is "okay".
>Just like in every other game
Not really? I mean, maybe you'd get an odd pokemon like Munchlax thats absurdly rare, but in this game there's a good dozen or so that are unreasonably rare, and in a game where most of the available pokemon are generic junk with a 70% spawn chance, its REALLY noticable.
>Buzzword!
haha wow epic response
>It's only the first hour
Aside from the fact that it makes the first hour unbearable, youre wrong because it continues throughout the game. Granted, its better after the first hour, but it never goes away for good.
>Still better than all other stories
False. Nothing was really interesting. The only interesting part was Lusamine becoming a monster.
>Flare are worse
Agreed but that doesnt make Skull good.
>>
>>31122029
>can't into proper grammar and typing
english isn't my first language.
>>
>>31121361
Because why not? Mega Stones are randomly made. There's as much chance of one existing for Mewtwo as there is for Blastoise.
>>
>>31121982
Who hurt you anon? Why do you hate Kanto references so much?
>>
>>31121947
Using less pokemon makes the game easier if you let them get overleveled. I specifically said I kept them underleveled.

Learn to read.

>>31122015
>>31121849
>>31121878
My point wasn't that "Sun/Moon are the only easy games", it's that "Sun/Moon are somehow even EASIER than most of the games in the series", which is bad. It's far from being my main gripe about Sun/Moon, because all the games are easy, but the point I was making was that Sun and Moon are easier than X/Y.
>>
>>31122065
I speak another language (Italian) but no launage has multiple punctuation points to end a sentence :^)

Or fail to capitalize at the start of sentences
>>
>>31121231
I came.
>>
File: 1482378797973.jpg (102KB, 488x589px) Image search: [Google]
1482378797973.jpg
102KB, 488x589px
>Kalosperm this bootyblasted
wew
X and Y are worse than Sun and Moon, get over it
>>
>>31122145
Literally nobody in this thread is defending X/Y. We're just using it as a jumping-off point to show how awful Sun/Moon are.
>>
>>31122056
>Wow, I totally don't hear this from every single person who defends Sun/Moon. I already did turn it off dipshit.
Every game is easy
>And yet, still most of the houses have NPCs saying irrelevant things. They didn't really change anything.
There's no point in complaining them, complain about something relevant like removal of Secret Bases
>Yeah, I love seeing little beyond Fearow, regional rodents, and regional birds every single route for the entire game.
That happens in every single game except XY.
>Maybe if you have zero comprehension of how type weaknesses work, sure.
If you have comphreension of type weakness you will trucidate every gym easily too
>Explain how.
You provided a very vague statement without any argument behind it. Expand on the "missed potencial"
>Exactly my point, this region is a smaller loop than normal.
If you split all other regions in 4, you get similar sized loops, and that's because of the geography. Only way to avoid it would be making Alola 3x the size of other regions
>Yeah, but you'd usually find some little hidden thing off to the side every route. As much as I like the removal of HMs, the way they handled them in Sun/Moon was awful because they barely used them.
There are also hidden places in SM
>You'd expect a mostly sea-based region to have a lot of stuff on the sea.
I'd rather not have a rerun of Hoenn's sea, thanks
>Looks like someone didn't actually try fishing because if you ask anyone who actually did, you'll find that nobody would agree with you that the fishing is "okay".
I completed the Dex so I fished a lot. It's mostly fine other than Magikarps
>>
>>31122056
>Not really? I mean, maybe you'd get an odd pokemon like Munchlax thats absurdly rare, but in this game there's a good dozen or so that are unreasonably rare, and in a game where most of the available pokemon are generic junk with a 70% spawn chance, its REALLY noticable.
Most rares are 10%. 5% at worst. There's tons of rare pokémon like that in every game.Particularly XY with a lot of 10% because they crammed every route with pokémon. I'll give you Castform. That's bullshit.
>haha wow epic response
You are not forced to use UBs, and the way you worded it also applied to every minor legendary trio ever
>Aside from the fact that it makes the first hour unbearable, youre wrong because it continues throughout the game. Granted, its better after the first hour, but it never goes away for good.
Most cutscenes after the first hour are plot-relevant
>False. Nothing was really interesting. The only interesting part was Lusamine becoming a monster.
Tell one pokémon story better so I can laugh at you
>Agreed but that doesnt make Skull good.
They are fun and Guzma felt actually threatening. They're pretty nice
>>
>>31120205
XY:
>Here are the Kanto starters, because our own gen's starters are shit!
>Here take my Lapras LOL
>You want some more Kanto fossils bro?
>remember your favorite gen 1 broes? We do too! And we made them spikier and edgier for YOUR enjoyment!
>Member the legendary birds? Member Mewtwo? Member when there weren't so many immigrants?

SM:
>Hey we made some new forms guys! But they are for genwon Pokemon and ONLY genwon pokemon. Isn't Kanto great? ;)
>Hey member Red? Member Blue? Well they're back, and Blue is rocking some killer capris and LGBTQIA pride!
>Porygon and Aerodactyl are BACK and fresher than ever!
>Wanna trade for my machop?
>>
>>31122301
this post describes nu-gamefreak in the funniest way possible.
>>
Other regions+Emerald > Alola > ORAS => Kalos > Kanto

SM had so much potential but halfway through they decided to rush the whole thing and make the 3rd island (that's as big or bigger than akala) almost as small as melemele.

Glorious ice mountain dungeon? nope, have an empty 1 floor cave and only because we have to include the ice rock somewhere
14 Captains+4 Kahunas for each of the types? Atleast we got acerola and nanu
PWT-esque facility? Nope, we only celebrate 20 years of kanto!
Alolan forms? Shitty meme hair, bigger tree and garfield.
"LEGENDS MORE RELEVANT THAN EVER"
>2 scenes with koko and the usual cover legendsd stuff
Underwater VR? Useless evil team hideout
Underwater Atlantis-esque town/island? What is underwater hotel/ruins
>>
>>31122301
>Here are the Kanto starters, because our own gen's starters are shit!
You also get Gen 2 starters in Emerald. Man that disgusting Johto pandering!
>Here take my Lapras LOL
You receive a Togepi egg in Gen 4. DISGUTING JOHTO PANDERING
>You want some more Kanto fossils bro?
Fucking SM man, pandering to Gen 4 and 5 with their fossils, amirite?
>remember your favorite gen 1 broes? We do too! And we made them spikier and edgier for YOUR enjoyment!
Because Gen 1 are the only pokémon with megas
>Member the legendary birds? Member Mewtwo? Member when there weren't so many immigrants?
Fucking BW2 making Regigigas and the Lake Trio catchable in Unova, disgusting Gen 4 pandering!

>Hey we made some new forms guys! But they are for genwon Pokemon and ONLY genwon pokemon. Isn't Kanto great? ;)
It's more impactful to see an established oldie get Ninetales get a makeover over something like Pangoro, but that's a legit argument
>Hey member Red? Member Blue? Well they're back, and Blue is rocking some killer capris and LGBTQIA pride!
And they also bought back Sina and Dexio with a makeover, for dat Gen 6 pandering
>Porygon and Aerodactyl are BACK and fresher than ever!
I remember when you got a shiny Gible in BW2 because Gen 4 pandering
>Wanna trade for my machop?
>tfw SM offers you a Talonflame for trading.
Absolutely disgusting, this Gen 6 pandering
>>
>>31121231
Is this pasta? I'm saving it
>>
File: drithru.jpg (70KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
drithru.jpg
70KB, 640x480px
>>31121231
Sir this is a drivethrough
>>
>>31121231
Is this a meme?
No, seriously. Is this a joke?
>>
>>31122301
>Blue is rocking some killer capris and LGBTQIA pride!
What did he mean by this

You also forgot

>gee Charizard why do you get 2 Megas!
>Remember waking up a snorlax on a bridge with the pokeflute? Want to do it again?
>>
>>31121248
Koga then Sabrina then Blaine then Giovani.
What was the point here?
>>
>>31122449
all you're showing is that they give attention to other generations, while simultaneously giving significantly more attention to Gen I.
yes, we know that they reference gens 2-4 sometimes. but all that anyone really cares about is closing the gap between gen 1 references and all the other gens references
>>
>>31121231
You seem upset.
>>
>>31121231
Listen here buddy. I don't know who you are, and I don't particularly care, but one thing that is for certain is that your fat, stupid, American ass needs to immediately leave 4chan and never return. Honestly, do you ever read what you've typed before you hit send? Or do you just mash on the keys like the brain dead mong you are, before lifting your 100 pound arm in the general direction of the mouse, and flailing wildly in order to send whatever pathetic shitpost you thought would get you a few (you)s. And you know what buddy? You got me. Bra fucking vo. I've responded, but only to tell you that I hate you. I don't know you, but something tells me if I met you in real life I would hate every fiber of your being. You know nothing about Pokémon, and need to kys. Preferably quickly. You disgust me.
>>
>>31122786
>gee Charizard why do you get 2 Megas!
That's Charizard pandering, not Gen 1 pandering as whole. Might as well call Ash-Greninja Gen 6 pandering.

>Remember waking up a snorlax on a bridge with the pokeflute? Want to do it again?
That's a nod to Gen 1, not le pandering. But you call it that, as long as you are willing to accept everytime Looker appears is Gen 4 pandering because "remember that crazy detective dude from Gen 4? IT'S BACK WITH NEW INTERPOL QUESTS"

>>31122921
It's not attention anon. IT'S P A N D E R I N G. At least according to what I seen in these threads, GF acknowledging Gen 1 exists in any way shape or form constitutes as pandering, so every single one of those examples are pandering. You don't get to use that excuse you're posting when in your mind, something as innocent as giving players access to Gen 1 fossils is "Pandering"

Btw Cynthia in BW/BW2 was Gen 4 pandering. Oh GF you fucking cunts
>>
File: IMG_0900.png (228KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0900.png
228KB, 394x370px
>>31122988
>A nod is directly repeating events that have already happened

This is advanced bait
>>
>>31122988
>It's not attention anon. IT'S P A N D E R I N G. At least according to what I seen in these threads, GF acknowledging Gen 1 exists in any way shape or form constitutes as pandering, so every single one of those examples are pandering.
What's the point of even posting if you're going to use the same shitty logic as the rest of the thread? Maybe it's time to take a break.
>>
>>31122449
>You also get Gen 2 starters in Emerald. Man that disgusting Johto pandering!
Except you only get them as reward for finishing the national dex, otherwise it would be impossbile to obtain. In XY you just get them for......I guess Mega Evolutions, but we also have Lucario, so what's the point?

>You receive a Togepi egg in Gen 4. DISGUTING JOHTO PANDERING
Except you get the egg from Cythia, who actually uses Togekiss in her entry.
Lapras is given because, ......it has only Surfing model?

>Because Gen 1 are the only pokémon with megas
No, but Charizard and Mewtwo has two of them.
Besides, except Hoenn, that has its own gen 6 game. we have as many gen 1 Megas as gen 2, 4 and 5 Megas together.

>Fucking BW2 making Regigigas and the Lake Trio catchable in Unova, disgusting Gen 4 pandering!
You know BW2 had its own trio "and" other trios from other gens, but Kalos only has gen 1 trio. I think, this was just lazy from the devs.

>It's more impactful to see an established oldie get Ninetales get a makeover over something like Pangoro, but that's a legit argument
Good argument, but it still doesn't explain why "only" gen 1 mons have new forms. The others are less impactful, so just don't make Alola forms for them?

>And they also bought back Sina and Dexio with a makeover, for dat Gen 6 pandering
This is just speculation, but Red and Blue's story is clearly over, in contrast to Kalos where every potential was awfully excuted.

He hasn't made good points for gen 1 pandering in Alola, anyway.
>>
>>31123021
Autistic correction anon

You get Johto starters for completing the Hoenn dex, so you can complete the national dex

Otherwise you couldn't "catch 'em all"
>>
>>31123073
Fuck wrong post >>31123039

I agree with both of you though
>>
>>31120404
They removed the babby filter?
>>
>>31123016
>Gen 1 have gyms
>all other games except SM have gyms

>mfw every single same since GS has been a huge Gen 1 pandering

>>31123021
I'm waiting for a Steam game to download., maybe I'll actually convince someone to not actually sperg out at the more sight of anything Gen 1 and bring awareness to the fact GF routinely mentions eall past-games. Probably won't happen, and you'll continue your anti-Gen 1 sperg party.

>>31123039
Except you only get them as reward for finishing the national dex, otherwise it would be impossbile to obtain. In XY you just get them for......I guess Mega Evolutions, but we also have Lucario, so what's the point?
So if they moved the Gen 1 starters to post-game it would no longer be pandering. Ok

>Lapras is given because, ......it has only Surfing model?
And they give you a shiny gible in Black 2 because...why? Of course I'd normally say it's just a gift for the sake of a gift, but since we're in a pandering thread, it's a Gen 4 pandering

>No, but Charizard and Mewtwo has two of them.
That's specific pokémon pandering. Is Ash-Greninja Gen 6 pandering?
Gen 4 has more megas than Gen 5,6 and 7 together. Such argument is irrelevant

>You know BW2 had its own trio "and" other trios from other gens
XY also has its own trio. Xerneas Yveltal and Zygarde. Besides I'm sure that if they added the Beats in XY and made the birds available in ORAS it would be pandering to you anyway

>This is just speculation, but Red and Blue's story is clearly over, in contrast to Kalos where every potential was awfully excuted.
Just because they become champions, doesn't mean they are over. Cynthia is also a champion. That mean her story is over. She is in SM though. GEN 4 PANDERING!
>>
>>31122856
The point is there is no prescribed order to Kanto. Everything from Rock Tunnel to Blaine (i.e. 60% of the game) is essentially a loose collection of sidequests. Koga and Sabrina are basically interchangeable. The game doesn't tell you where to go at all, and all routes/dungeons have more or less the same levels for trainer battles.
>>
>>31121248
Not the same Anon, but can I answer? Can I? Can I? I love trivias, Can I? Is Koga.
>>
>>31123039
>>31123073
Yeah the difference between Emerald giving you the Johto starters, HGSS giving you the Kanto starters, ORAS giving you the Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova starters and XY giving you the Kanto starters, is that for the first three games you get them by reward, with the intention of using them to complete the Pokedex. XY gives you the starters because...well there really isn't a reason huh. Yeah you would need them to complete the National Dex anyway but all the other games gave you them as a reward for doing something kinda challenging like becoming champion or beating Red or completing the Hoenn dex. XY just gives you them, in the main game, for what? Beating the professor? That's not exactly an impressive feat.
>>
>>31123221
>bring awareness to the fact GF routinely mentions eall past-games. Probably won't happen, and you'll continue your anti-Gen 1 sperg party.
see >>31122921
>>
>>31123278
I already responded to that

>GF acknowledging Gen 1 exists in any way shape or form constitutes as pandering, so every single one of those examples are pandering. You don't get to use that excuse you're posting when in your mind, something as innocent as giving players access to Gen 1 fossils is "Pandering"

fuck outta here
>>
>>31123256
You can easily get Gen 2 and 5 starters in SM. Since there's no big hard quest involved in getting them (unless you count scanning QR codes as a big hard quest), by your logic it's also super pandering to Gen 2 and 5
>>
>>31123324
I never said anything about pandering. Pandering is just a stupid buzzword now. I'm talking about attention. I'm taking about closing the gap. No, getting access to Gen I fossils doesn't exactly count. OVERABUNDANT nods to Gen I such as the Snorlax flute thing in XY, or the fact that all the Alolan forms are from Gen I. Such things BY THEMSELVES are not inherently bad, but combined, they form a problem.
>>
>>31123355
They are also entirely optional. You can't skip past the Kanto starters in XY. Johto starters in ORAS might not be skippable either - I don't remember, but if that's Johto "pandering" I'm all for it. At least it's not Kanto.
>>
>>31123420
Too bad that for the remainder of this thread you are stuck with "pandering". It's your burden to bear

>No, getting access to Gen I fossils doesn't exactly count.
It's diferent. It does not count. Period.

>OVERABUNDANT nods to Gen I such as the Snorlax flute thing in XY, or the fact that all the Alolan forms are from Gen I.
Why didn't you complain when they repeated the Sudowood mimicking as tree blocking your path thin in Emerald BF. I'll give you Alolan formes being Kanto-only. Altough I understand it makes much more of an impression using older established pokémon, i admit some Gen 2 and 3 are old enough to be candidates.

The thing is if I wanted I could make a huge list of references to everything in XY and SM. Even small things like that castle with a Serperior Gate and Reshiram and Zekrom. I have no doubt you'd be sperging off as "Gen 1 pandering" if they were a Mewtwo statue.

>>31123470
>I don't remember, but if that's Johto "pandering" I'm all for it. At least it's not Kanto.
And there you have it. People who complain about "pandering" just want entire games dedicated to "hey remember my [favorite game]!". That makes you no better than people who enjoyed the Gen 1 references. Bye
>>
>>31123566
Remind me how many this Johto NPCs are in SM
>>
>>31122066
>Mega Stones are randomly made.
Last time I've searched, they had an actual lore. Iirc, they could come from meteorites and some were created with the leftover energy from Az's Cannon, don't quote me on that though, 'cause again, I'm not so sure about it.

>There's as much chance of one existing for an Artificial Pokémon as there is for a Naturally-made Pokémon
You realize how unlogical and wrong that sounds, do you?
>>
>>31123566
>Too bad that for the remainder of this thread you are stuck with "pandering". It's your burden to bear
why? I never used it.
>It's diferent. It does not count. Period.
glad we agree
>Why didn't you complain when they repeated the Sudowood mimicking as tree blocking your path thin in Emerald BF.
There were only three generations at the time. There was hardly a problem back then. And you needed it to complete the pokedex anyway.
>The thing is if I wanted I could make a huge list of references to everything in XY and SM. Even small things like that castle with a Serperior Gate and Reshiram and Zekrom. I have no doubt you'd be sperging off as "Gen 1 pandering" if they were a Mewtwo statue.
Just because other people would doesn't mean I would. Humans are all different, each one of us has our own unique, nuanced opinion. Stop acting like a child and grouping me with other people, just because we share an opinion on a broader sense.

>And there you have it. People who complain about "pandering" just want entire games dedicated to "hey remember my [favorite game]!"
I don't even like Johto lol
>>
>>31123652
We know the origin of Mega Stones, but the process is still random. They are just stones with power. They aren't tailored to be used by anything. They just happened to make some Pokemon stronger.

>You realize how unlogical and wrong that sounds, do you?
No, I really don't. Stones that just happen to be usable by one Pokemon are just as likely to be usable by another. Give me a good reason to believe otherwise.
>>
>>31123221
>So if they moved the Gen 1 starters to post-game it would no longer be pandering. Ok
It would be at least less pandering, but in contrast to Emerald you can get the gen 1 starters in safari.

>That's specific pokémon pandering. Is Ash-Greninja Gen 6 pandering?
Gen 4 has more megas than Gen 5,6 and 7 together. Such argument is irrelevant
Yes, Ash Greninja was an awful idea.
And Gen 2 has more Mega than gen 4, but only "one" more. Compare that to Kanto Megas.

>XY also has its own trio. Xerneas Yveltal and Zygarde.
Pls, not with the main trio.

Besides I'm sure that if they added the Beats in XY and made the birds available in ORAS it would be pandering to you anyway.
In that case XY would have gen 2 'pandering" (I can't really find any more Jhoto reference).
ORAS wouldn't have gen 1 pandering.

However, the gen 1 padering is a result of many little facts together, people say gen 1 pandering, because it has so many contrast to other gens.
>>
>>31123633
>>31123633
Malie City is specifically said to be built by people who came from Johto. You heard it right, there's an entire city in SM that is basically a giant Gen 2 pandering sign in the Alola map. Also Apricorn Balls, a famous Gen 2 staple, now pandering items in SM.

You see anon, when every single tiny reference to past game constitutes as pandering, it's not hard to compile a list

>>31123718
>why? I never used it
Because you're on the side of people sperging out because GF didn't completely erase Gen 1 from Sm, as if it was the original sin. You are using other's people arguments as a way to establish your own, thus same treatment applies

>There were only three generations at the time. There was hardly a problem back then. And you needed it to complete the pokedex anyway.
That makes no sense. Just because there were few gens, doesn't men they coudn't have done something original, like put a Cacturne pretending to be a cactus. If you're going to consider Snorlax as Gen 1 pandering, do so, as long as you also consider Sudowood as Gen 2 pandering.

>Just because other people would doesn't mean I would. Humans are all different, each one of us has our own unique, nuanced opinion. Stop acting like a child and grouping me with other people, just because we share an opinion on a broader sense.
Refer to first point
>>
>>31123815
Are there more gen 2 pandering tha Balls and Malie city?
>>
>>31123794
>It would be at least less pandering, but in contrast to Emerald you can get the gen 1 starters in safari.
And you get Gen 2 and 5 starters in the wild in SM. [pandering intensifies]

>And Gen 2 has more Mega than gen 4, but only "one" more. Compare that to Kanto Megas.
Most Megas, especially the first batch are given to iconic pokémon. Like it or not most iconic pokémon happen to be from Gen 1. If Gen 3 had 10 Lucario-tier iconic pokémon, they would get megas.

>Pls, not with the main trio.
And that's kind of an irrelevant argument unless you can prove me that they purposely scrapped plans for a minor trio in Gen 6 in order to add the birds

>In that case XY would have gen 2 'pandering" (I can't really find any more Jhoto reference).
Valerie is from Johto and other NPCs mentions Johto-related stuff. Minor stuff that is just a nod, but in this thread is disgusting pandering.

>>31123907
Malie City is pretty significant, since it's the second largest city in Alola, don't try to devalue it. Also Lana mentions Red Gyarados and Olivia's city was made by people from Kanto and Johto region. In another words 1,5 cities in Alola are Gen 2 panderings. Amazing
>>
>>31123815
>You are using other's people arguments as a way to establish your own, thus same treatment applies
No, I'm using my own argument you dense fuck. I share an opinion with some other idiots, therefore I must be treated like an idiot too? Grow up. You're never going to get anywhere in life with that toxic belief.

>Just because there were few gens, doesn't men they coudn't have done something original, like put a Cacturne pretending to be a cactus.
Ok yes, they could have done two things. 1) put a Cacturne in. 2) give you a Sudowoodo somewhere else. Oh! But wait! There's a key difference between Sudowoodo in Emerald and Snorlax in XY. Sudowoodo is completely optional! Snorlax is shoehorned into the story and you have to go on a wild goose chase to make it go away. Would it be dumb if Sudowoodo was randomly placed in the middle of a route in Emerald and you also had to go on a wild goose chase to make it go away? Yes. Did it happen? No.

>Refer to first point
Child, it's time to stop.
>>
>>31123974
I think you are just being intentionally radical.
>>
>>31119699
you ever notice how Kanto has literally no rich history at all

it's the middle of nowhere with only a few quiet towns here or there
>>
>>31119727
How old are you?
>>
>>31123974
>getting them in the wild through an optional means that you have to search out is pandering

It's just giving those gens a nod :^)
>>
>>31124016
Dude he's either a legit autist or 15. I'm not even joking.
>>
>>31124054
All of you guys seem pretty autistic to me.
>>
>>31123791
If each Pokémon has its specific Mega Stone, they must be related to their corresponding Pokémon's ADN somehow, in which case it wouldn't make sense for a natural phenomenon like a Mega Stone to be generated as a compatible item for a Pokémon that was not created naturally like any other else, but by humans. As someone said up there, it would have made a lot more sense for Mew to get an actual Mega Evolution, and since Mewtwo shares its ADN it would all fit perfectly, but since that's not the case, there's no official and logical explanation as to how the Mewtwonites came to be.
>>
>>31124080
It also works vice-versa.
>>
>>31124003
>No, I'm using my own argument you dense fuck. I share an opinion with some other idiots, therefore I must be treated like an idiot too? Grow up. You're never going to get anywhere in life with that toxic belief.
Someone's getting mad, and you're still piggybacking on their opinions.

>Ok yes, they could have done two things. 1) put a Cacturne in. 2) give you a Sudowoodo somewhere else. Oh! But wait! There's a key difference between Sudowoodo in Emerald and Snorlax in XY. Sudowoodo is completely optional! Snorlax is shoehorned into the story and you have to go on a wild goose chase to make it go away. Would it be dumb if Sudowoodo was randomly placed in the middle of a route in Emerald and you also had to go on a wild goose chase to make it go away? Yes. Did it happen? No.
Not doing the Sudowood actively locks you out of part of the map. Maybe you're not actually forced to interact with it, but you'll never explore the entire region unless you face that disgusting, abominable Gen 2 pandering supreme force, so at the end of day I'd consider it as terrible as a Snorlax sleeping

>Child, it's time to stop.
I'll stop whwn the Steam game finishes downloading. Soon enough you can go back to your usual circlejerk, worry not

>>31124016
These threads are often people finding an NPC saying he's from Kanto and then proceeding to sperg out about Gen 1 pandering. I'm being intentionally radical because it's the same thing you people do. I think most cross-gen references are just harmless nods, but while I'm in this thread I wil consider them horrifying pandering because that's how you people work
>>
>>31124106
I haven't been posting in this thread. Then again I'm posting on /vp/ in general. Fair enough.
>>
>>31124118
You are just searching for every smallest nitpicks for other gens, but ignore the fact gen 1 pandering is still huge compared to other regions?
And I should believe the "I'm being intentionally radical because it's the same thing you people do"-shit?
>>
>>31124086
>it wouldn't make sense for a natural phenomenon like a Mega Stone to be generated as a compatible item for a Pokémon that was not created naturally like any other else
But why? You're saying it just doesn't make sense, but that isn't a valid reason. Mewtwo has "ADN" as much as any other Pokemon. Why would it not make sense to have a Mega Stone that would work for Mewtwo?
If it was something like Porygon, which is basically just a program, it would be understandable. But Mewtwo is the same as any other Pokemon, regardless of his origin. If a randomly generated stone can work for a Beedrill, in the same vein, another randomly generated stone should work with Mewtwo.
>>
>>31124217
>You're saying it just doesn't make sense, but that isn't a valid reason.
It's a mess.
>>
>>31124198
>You are just searching for every smallest nitpicks for other gens
Anon people in this thread called "receiving Gen 1 fossils in XY" Gen 1 pandering. People called a fucking Porygon gift in SM "Gen 1 pandering". People called Red and Blue being in the Tree "Gen 1 pandering"

None of you have any business berating me for "nitpicking" when half of this thread is you people nitpicking
>>
>>31124118
>Someone's getting mad, and you're still piggybacking on their opinions.
Nope.

>Maybe you're not actually forced to interact with it, but you'll never explore the entire region unless you face that disgusting, abominable Gen 2 pandering supreme force, so at the end of day I'd consider it as terrible as a Snorlax sleeping
lmao stop using such loaded vocabulary

>I'll stop whwn the Steam game finishes downloading. Soon enough you can go back to your usual circlejerk, worry not
How about I stop here? It's clear you're refusing to understand my side of the argument because for some reason you equivalate anyone who disagrees with you with evil nazi hitlers who don't deserve respect, and I'm not going to argue with that kind of a brick wall anymore. Maybe one day you'll grow up.
>>
>>31124244
>"receiving Gen 1 fossils in XY"
Then don't waste your time here and go google the gen 1 pandering SM.
There you can find more 'good" gen1 references than here.
Besides, you shouldn't think /vp/ is a hivemind.
Just filter bad arguments and the it's fine.
>>
>>31124310
>Just filter bad arguments and the it's fine.
lmao have you even seen his posts. He's not capable of doing that.
>>
>>31124217
I'm not "just saying that it's a mess", I'm saying that it IS a mess specifically because Mewtwo is a man-made Pokémon, it basically is the exact same thing that Porygon, they're artificial products. That's why again, a naturally generated phenomenon like the Mega Stones working on a Non-natural/Artificial/Man-made Pokémon like Mewtwo doesn't make sense.

I'll express it in another way:
Nobody knows the actual origin of Pokémons, they came out of nowhere so actual Mega Stones coming out of nowhere too, makes sense. But does Mewtwo-compatible Mega Stones make sense when he DID NOT came from the same place than the whole lot of other Pokémons came from?
>>
>>31124017
t. Trip from the Unova anime
>>
>>31124305
>Nope.
>lmao stop using such loaded vocabulary

I like how you progressed from attempting an argument to "lmao im right ur wrong fuck u lmao"

>How about I stop here? It's clear you're refusing to understand my side of the argument because for some reason you equivalate anyone who disagrees with you with evil nazi hitlers who don't deserve respect, and I'm not going to argue with that kind of a brick wall anymore. Maybe one day you'll grow up.
And most of the same, except with a cool "maybe one day you'll grow up". I like that condescending tone. Makes you look like the badass cool kid that wins everytime.

Meanwhile when i exit this thread I won't think about your retardation anymore and keep enjoying the games, while you and other people get aneurysms because someone in Seafolk Village gives you an Aerodactyl and it's Gen 1 pandering.
>>
>>31124424
>But does Mewtwo-compatible Mega Stones make sense when he DID NOT came from the same place than the whole lot of other Pokémons came from?
I mean it might. Bulbapedo says that mega stones came about from either evolutionary stones being exposed to the power of Xerneas or Yvetal or from meteorites. It is possible that perhaps one (two) of the meteorites reacted to Mewtwo ~somehow~

>>31124456
>Makes you look like the badass cool kid that wins everytime.
I mean I was basically giving you the "win" but alright bye
>>
>>31124424
But why? Mewtwo is as much of a Pokemon as any other. It can still be caught in a Poke Ball, it can learn the moves Pokemon can learn, it has types and weakness just like any other Pokemon. The only difference here is that Mewtwo is not naturally born, rather a modified version of a Mew. How does it make it any less likely candidate to receive Mega Evolution?

Let me give you an analogy. Think of Mega Stones as food. Each year, many Mega Stones are created with random, unique taste. Now, if a Pokemon likes that taste, it can eat the Mega Stone to grow strong. In this scenario, a new Pokemon is created, Mewtwo, same as all other Pokemon. Is there any reason to believe that this new Pokemon could not like the taste of a Mega Stone among the hundreds of thousands that exist? Simply because it was not born naturally?

It seems to me that you're thinking that Mega Stones are created only because a natural born Pokemon can use them. And that's absurd. Mega Stones are just stones charged with a special type of energy. It doesn't matter if a Pokemon can use them or not. That's just an extra effect. Even if Scizor didn't exist, a Scizorite woul. Who knows how many stones were charged with this energy over the thousands of years, even Mewtwo was created. Out of all of these, there's no reason one couldn't be compatible with a newly born Pokemon.
>>
REGION RANKINGS
>Great tier
Sinnoh
Hoenn
>Good tier
Johto
>Okay tier
Unova
Kanto
Alola
>Bad tier
Kalos
>>
>>31124913
FIXED REGION RANKINGS
>perfect tier
sinnoh
unova
johto
hoenn
>kanto tier
kanto
alola
kalos
>>
>>31125060
i'm just going to point out Sinnoh, Unova Johto and Hoenn also have a lot of Gen 1 references. Feel free to sperg out now
>>
>>31125060
FIXED REGION RANKINGS
>perfect tier
Hoenn
Sinnoh
>still good tier
Johto
Alola
>garbage tier
Kanto
Unova
>Kalos tier
Kalos
>>
>>31125386
FIXED REGION RANKINGS
>playable tier
Kanto
Johto
Hoenn
Sinnoh
Unova
Kalos
Alola
>>
>>31125587
FIXED REGION RANKINGS
>playable tier
isn't it weird how if you say region enough times it looks and sounds really funny?
>unplayable tier
Kanto
Johto
Hoenn
Sinnoh
Unova
Kalos
Alola
Thread posts: 186
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.