[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Fell from OU to RU in one generation (Lower than its prevo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

File: 250px-477Dusknoir.png (51KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-477Dusknoir.png
51KB, 250x250px
>Fell from OU to RU in one generation (Lower than its prevo in UU), then down to PU (along with its prevo)
What happened
>>
>>31118126
Eviolite, plus no reliable recovery
>>
Eviolite happened and the power creep that came along with BW was too much for dusknoir's "BUlk"

I dont think it was even that good in DPPT
>>
Eviolite and then Defog making Rapid Spin blockers less relevant.
>>
>>31118126
knock off everywhere
>>
no hp essentially made it doa
>>
>>31118153
Power Creep?
>>
File: IMG_1045.png (344KB, 674x510px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1045.png
344KB, 674x510px
At least its better than Dusclops again, this shit messed with my autism
>>
>>31118202
Tfw such a good design is used on a subpar pokemon
>>
>>31118126
Dusknoir was never good. It was only OU in DP by usage via meme, just like Electivire.
>>
>>31118146
>>31118153
>>31118166
>>31118177
Dusclops is actually worse than Dusknoir, since it can't attack, has lower HP, and requires passive damage to do anything, by which point the opponent switches out and does what >>31118177 said.

Not that it matters anyway because as I can see it's obvious /vp/ knows shit of competitive.
>>
>>31118214
This. D/P's initial meta was basically the epitome of shiny new toy syndrome. A lot of mons and strategies considered viable/OU had no business being there.
>>
>>31118211
On the bright side, it was used to its full potential in the PMD series. Its role in that game is probably a big reason why most people even noticed it.
>>
>>31118214
I just noticed how there were alot of poke in OU back then that shouldnt ve there

What do you think wouldve replaced electivire and dusknoir
>>
File: IMG_1172.png (272KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1172.png
272KB, 700x990px
>>31118126
Dusknoir is one of my favourites, but basically this>>31118214
HP is too low to be bulky, only 100 base attack and no usable high powet Ghost STAB means its not a good tank either.
Cool design tho, redeems Dusclops
>>
>>31118258
Basically what >>31118242 said.
>>
It should get Levitate
It's levitating
Also like 10 or 20 more HP and it'd be good to go
I fuckin love Dusknoir so it sucks that it's bad
>>
>>31118318
If it got 20 more HP, Levitate, and Moonlight, it'd have a real shot at OU or UU at the very least.
>>
File: 355 Duskull.jpg (4KB, 114x128px) Image search: [Google]
355 Duskull.jpg
4KB, 114x128px
I like Dusknoir the most of the whole family, but it does kind of feel like a waste for the grim reaper concept to have been wasted on Duskull with nothing more to show in its evolutions. If Gamefreak ever goes back to reexplore the reaper concept it won't be able to reuse the most iconic reaper without making it too similar to existing mon Duskull.
>>
File: X.png (371KB, 463x397px) Image search: [Google]
X.png
371KB, 463x397px
>>31118126
>45 HP
sorry man, doomed from the start
>>
File: 1482967008531.jpg (65KB, 770x702px) Image search: [Google]
1482967008531.jpg
65KB, 770x702px
>salamence, metagross, and hydreigon no longer OU
>first two need to mega evolve to be Uber and OU
>goodra not OU
>kommo-o not OU either

Why can't GF into pseudos anymore?
>>
>>31118214
Goddammmit Electivire SUCKED.

Why does Electivire suck? Why does Dusknoir suck? Why can't they be good?
>>
Is it still good ingame?
>>
>>31118487
In Platinum, I mean
>>
>>31118469
They keep making them dragon types after introducing fairy type.
The fact they still push it as the "final type" even after that is kinda dumb
>>
>>31118469
Garchomp was too good and they never want to repeat it again.
With the priority nerfs, perhaps priority too will never again become as good as it was in Gen 6.
>>
>>31118471
Dusknoir was outclassed by Eviolite Dusclops. Like the other anons said if it got Levitate / 20hp more it'd be a beautiful bulky wall. Pressure is just an awful competitive ability, unless you're running a Spite stall. But that's not really that fun
>>
>>31118228
meanwhile dusclops was always a higher tier than dusknoir during black n white and in xy. You really don't know anything because the whole point of dusclops is to fucking stall, y'know, like that thing you mentioned in your post? And it does it 20x better than dusclops can. Meanwhile dusclops still does jack shit offensively.

So really you just confirmed you know shit about comp as well.
>>
>>31118469
Because they dont give pseudos damage boost abilities

Multiscale/intimidate/rough skin/levi/clear body are defensive
>>
dusknoir is my guilty pleasure
being the bulkiest ghost around in gen 4 was nice (bar giratina) and it had pretty good coverage
>>
trade its special attack and hp
>>
>>31118531
Well, outclassed for one generation maybe. And I wouldnt even call it outclassed because Dusclops gives your opponent free set up opportunities if they carry substitute on their sweeper, since it has no offensive presence whatsoever.
>>
>>31118581
Dusnoir bulk ghost?

Did rotom formes stop existing
>>
File: 1420862908206.gif (57KB, 210x140px) Image search: [Google]
1420862908206.gif
57KB, 210x140px
>Shadow Punch will never be good
>>
>>31118591
>seismic toss breaks most subs
>what is haze

>>31118581
spiritomb and rotom were both bulkier just based on typing alone
>>
Dusknoir's 100+ attack stat was wasted. When i used this nigga wowisp along with pain split yielded better dps
>>
It was a good TR mon in DPPt that also functioned as a spinblocker. Pain Split complimented its low HP. Think I ran something like TR/Pain Split/Ice Punch/Earthquake, maybe Shadow Sneak. Can't remember if it was around back then. Either way I laddered really high on Shoddy battle with it. People forget that TR teams were actually usable back then.
>>
>>31118471
Phsyical electric
No hp
>>
>>31118469
Koomo-o is actually pretty strong. But OU right now is full of Tapu after Tapu, which really hurts its viability. If any of them get banned or drop in usage, Koomo-o could have its chance to shine.
>>
>>31118536
Not this guy, but Dusclops can only "take hits and die", it is a bad mon for stall. You know why Chansey or P2 are better? Because they have reliable recovery and can hit back. Dusclops can't hit back and it also only has the abusable Pain Split. Also, like >>31118591 said, Dusclops was only more used in Gen 5, in Gen 6 it was rated significantly worse in PU, Dusknoir was rated B+ in viability while Dusclops received a rating of C
>>
>>31118471
Electivire sucks dick because 95 speed for a so-called sweeper was shameful. No boosting skills outside of meditate. Finally gyaravire was the definition of predictable even before team preview.

Only thing i remember from it was thunderpunch/ice punch/eq/cross chop was super effective on almost everything in the game
>>
>>31118214
>Electrivire sucked
B-but I can bait electric attacks with my gyarados and switch into Electivire :>)
>>
>>31118671
Kommo-o doesn't seem strong enough overall. All it really has is versatility since each of its individual sets are outdone by other dragons.
>>
>>31118469
>Goodra now learns Recover
>Kommo-o is now a Dragon/Steel type

There, I fixed them.
>>
>>31118214
>by usage via meme, just like Electivire.

nah electivire was good in his era , high attack , good movepool, possibility of run mixed and things like motordrive and gyaravire help him to find a niche

He was outclassed when he didnt have boosting moves and have to run a 75 BP move as stab
>>
File: 1481973871491.jpg (26KB, 680x382px) Image search: [Google]
1481973871491.jpg
26KB, 680x382px
>>31118767
>Mega Hydreigon returns to its design roots where it was meant to be a dragon tank
>Dragon/Steel with Levitate
>all the Slyveon jokes aren't so effective anymore
>>
>>31118126
People got good

No seriouslu, Dusknoir was trash even in gen 4, only shitters kept him up in usage
>>
>>31118126
>What happened
Powercreep happened
>>
>>31118126
>base 100 attack
>strongest moves are shadow punch and 2-turn phantom force
>WoW nerfed so it is now 100% incapable of doing damage

why was this allowed?
>>
>>31118618
It doesn't even get seismic toss. And there is no room in its moveset for haze since you want your dusclops to look like this:
-Night Shade, so you can deal damage
-Will-O-Wisp to cripple physical attackers
-Curse, so you dont get curbstomped by Normal Types/Special Sweepers
-Rest/Pain Split for recovery
Also, no one runs haze because its too situational to be useful, except when theres room in a mons moveset
>>
>>31118801
Isn't usage weighted by skill now?
>>
>>31118847
It wasn't back in gen 4 (and earlier), which is why things like Electivire, Weavile and Dusknoir remained OU until the very end.
>>
>>31118879
>Weavile
That one only went down to UU in BW and is OU XY-probably now, not a bad Pokemon
>>
>>31118980
That's because he has buffed knock off and icicle crash, whereas before he had fucking night slash and ice punch
>>
>>31118980
It's good now because it has actually powerful moves. Back then its best STABs were Night Slash and Ice Punch
>>
>>31118741
It does have a lot of versatility, and it's also the only dragon type to get Belly Drum (excluding Megas). Sub/Belly Drum/Dragon Claw/Brick Break with Salac (or one of the 50% HP recovery) Berry shouldn't be underestimated because it will tear through everything except Aegislash (which is banned) and Fairy types, and it's relatively easy to setup (barring Whirlwind Skarmory).

The main problem he has is that the Tapus are everywhere and they can be difficult to take out. He's not Garchomp, but he has more going for him than people care to admit.
>>
>>31119348
The problem with that is that it takes a lot of setting up, when you should only really need a single turn. Part of what makes Slurpuff and Azumarill good at that is the fact that they Belly Drum, and they're ready to go either with Unburden or priority.
>>
>>31119407
All you really need is one turn because once the Substitute is up, you're guaranteed the Belly Drum and speed boost barring a phaze move that isn't named Roar. The only real threats after that, assuming your sub is busted, is STAB priority, Extremespeed, or fast Scarfers, or I guess weather damage and Rocky Helmet/Barbs. Weather damage can be avoided with Overcoat, if nothing else.

Admittedly those are relatively large threats in OU, but you could use the HP recovery berry instead and use something like Sticky Web for a speed edge instead. Lele negates priority so that's always an option as well, at least while she's around.
>>
>>31118371
Make a Little Red Riding Hood mon with a skull-like face and have the shiny color be black.
>>
>>31118796
>not so effective

Yeah, but still 1x
>>
It's always been a shitmon. I don't know how people unironically used this thing
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.