[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The mayority of VGC players use pkhex >soft resetting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1421282200569.jpg (35KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
1421282200569.jpg
35KB, 225x350px
>The mayority of VGC players use pkhex
>soft resetting for a legendarie with good IVs and a specific hidden power is a pain in the ass
>to use a bottle cap the only way to grind to level 100 in SM is rematch the E4

What's the point of IVs ,why that mechanic still exist?
>>
Who cares when literally anyone can inject now
>>
>>31117586
It was basically made back when they had no desire to make Pokémon a competitive game and thought "Hey wouldn't it be cool if one person's charizard was just naturally faster than the other person's? It'd be really mysterious and make it more fun!"
Now practically everybody with an internet connection knows how stats work, and they're vital for competitive play, but Masuda is unwilling to make changes based on what five-year-olds would think twenty years ago.
>>
>>31117586
Because Pokemon is a pathetic excuse for a competitive game, and only autistic shits like Verlisify treats it like its a major ultra serious sports. With the amount of RNG it's just laughable how some can even think its competitive.

The problem is when Pokemon force you to re-breed pokemon you already bred and loved, for the sake of entering a tournament. It goes against everything they try to teach you prior, about loving your pokemon.

Also they should just even out the playing field by having tourneys using Showdown kind of client, where you can make pokemon and teams how you want. The problem with pkHeX is that there's no way to prove something is hacked, unless it badly and obvious done. But if I enter a toruney with a perfect IV shiny legendary, I most likely hacked it, but there's no way to prove it, I may've been lucky, but they cant prove I hacked it.
>>
just inject it bro ;^)
>>
>>31117654
>The problem is when Pokemon force you to re-breed pokemon you already bred and loved, for the sake of entering a tournament.

Really curious, care to explain?
>>
>>31117709
He means the Pokémon you played through the story with.
If I entered a tournament using the Modest Own Tempo Mudsdale with no perfect IVs, which doesn't know Close Combat and has EVs in all six stats, I would get torn apart.

Gold Bottle Caps, EV Resetting Berries and Ability Capasules can help somewhat, but I doubt you'll find anybody who just happened to find the perfect Pokémon for what they needed in their playthrough.
>>
>>31117709
Having to re-breed pokemon you've already bred from previous games, so you get the very legit and secure blue pentagon/black cross. You're basically forcing legit players to waste their time again for the same results.
>>
>>31117795
But that's not the case for Sun and Moon lmao
>>
>>31118053
It is not? Really? The pentagon is gone but there's that cross thingy still
>>
>>31118107
so long as you have the right nature and the Pokemon doesn't desperately need Egg Moves, it can be Hyper Trained. The big thing to worry about with IVs is Hidden Power reliance.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.