[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is it possible to go from one of the best seasons ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: pokemon-best-wishes.jpg (170KB, 452x640px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-best-wishes.jpg
170KB, 452x640px
How is it possible to go from one of the best seasons ever to utter shit?
>>
>>31116851

They got overly ambitious, tried a lot of interesting new ideas, and dropped the ball on most of them. The Team Plasma storyline being derailed by the earthquake didn't help matters.
>>
Best Wishes already started to get bad around the time of the second tournament
>>
>>31116925
More like from the first episode.
>>
>>31116962

No, it had a lot of potential at the start. They really did have some good ideas for this series - a larger team for Ash, periodic tournaments with all of the characters, Team Rocket as an actual threat, what looked like an interesting Team Plasma plot... the problem was that they didn't successfully carry out any of this.

I don't think that BW was "terrible," as much at it was "extremely disappointing." (It's still better than Johto.)
>>
>>31117019
it had potential, yeah but Iris and Cilan sucked.
>>
>>31117019
I honestly don't think Johto was all that bad

Honestly the whole anime doesn't have anything as bad as Xros Wars Hunters or Applimon
>>
>>31117055

Iris sucked. Cilan was fun.
>>
>>31117060
>I honestly don't think Johto was all that bad

Johto was garbage. Literally three straight years of Pokémon-of-the-day filler.
>>
>>31117075
This is why I stopped watching the anime in 2000 or 2001 and never looked back.
>>
>>31117092
I skipped most of Hoenn because Johto had bored me so much. Didn't really start watching again until Battle Frontier.
>>
>>31117055
Iris is the only female companion in the series, outside of perhaps early Misty, who played off Ash in any significant way. Most of the others, even fucking Serena, rarely interacted with the guy outside of stock lines.
>>
File: shit.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>31116851
Gee I don't kmow OP.
>>
>>31117870
this is objectively wrong
>>
yeah, how did we go from Best Wishes to Shit and Y?
>>
We went from narutars shit to super comfy island adventures
>>
>>31117019
>They really did have some good ideas for this series - a larger team for Ash
I recognized that as stupid from day 1. A large team just means less focus on individual Pokemon, and I never understood why people were so insistent on wanting him to have a huge team of Pokemon that would compete with each other for screentime over a smaller team of well developed mons.
At least it seems the writers learned that this was a bad idea.
>>
File: 1479936299524.png (1MB, 2552x2704px) Image search: [Google]
1479936299524.png
1MB, 2552x2704px
SHUT THE FUCK UUUP ITS A SHOW FOR KIDS.
>>
>>31118418

It could have been done successfully. It just... wasn't.

I don't disagree with your point about competition for screen time, but over the course of multiple seasons they could have found a good balance. Part of the problem was the specific Pokémon they gave Ash. If they hadn't given him all three starters (who need more screen time for marketing purposes), they could have balanced a large team better. Obviously the starters would still have had to go to one of the main characters, but they didn't all have to go to Ash.

So it was a good idea (or at least one worth attempting), carried out very poorly. The problem with the BW series as a whole.
>>
>>31118538
>It could have been done successfully.
I don't think it really could. It's a common problem with ensemble casts as a whole. If you have 30 "main characters", chances are a few of those characters will get constant focus, a decent number of them will get regular focus, and the rest will make rare appearances every now and then after their initial debut.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.